CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Gray~

Doing this as an average, blend into the background person is hard enough, but having to EM2WL as a person in the public eye and in a "role model" position is very difficult.

I had to go to Cut after Week 6 of the Reset~ I had gained a total of 24 pounds on a 5 foot frame and combined with the MS, I was in a LOT of pain and discomfort. I feared putting myself into an MS Flare situation so I went to Cut 3 weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds so far.:bigsmile:

I hope that you keep the "EM2WL Theory" tucked into your brain's arsenal of information in case one of your class members is looking for an altenative eating method.

Take good care of you and stay in touch, OK?:wink:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Graysmom - We're here if you ever have EM2WL questions and/or want to give it another go. I'm sorry that you're so frustrated with it. This process is such a mind game much of the time.

Well, I weighed in this morning and I finally had another drop! Down close to a pound - 0.9. I'll take it! It's definitely been slow going at cut, so I am happy to see some progress - even though I do know the scale is not everything. I'm getting very close to onederland and I'd really really like to get there before too long!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Yay Sweatpants!!!! .9 is an awesome drop!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, thought I should pop in and say hi. I notice a few of you are doing great this week and that is nice to see.
    I have been struggling, I don't really know what's wrong with me, I just cannot seem to find the internal drive I usually have. I am just so tired of it all. I keep telling myself I need to find something I love to do to stay fit and have to just eat wisely and live with where my weight settles because I am just sick of trying so hard. The reset was a good thing for me because it really taught me to relax a little, but I am finding a hard time finding balance between resetting and what I was doing before. I need to find that middle ground.
    I did go for my walk today, logged my breakfast and am going to go plan out my weight lifting routine for the next two week period, so I am well on my way there. I guess I will just try to fake it until I make it. I don't have the spark I am looking for, but I guess maybe that will come if I just stay on plan for a little time.
    I am also going to try to keep coming here to check in on a more consistent basis for accountability.
    It does help to see your successes!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just checking in on you to see what's up. :smile:

@Sweatpants - that's awesome! It definitely is a slow process and that makes it so hard! The lifting I think is what really throws the kink into things....in a good way physically, but the scale....well....I lost 3 lbs on my 2 week vacation eating at cut and getting in cardio but not lifting, and of course once I got back, I resumed my lifting and my weight bumped up a couple pounds and has been bouncing in a 1lb pattern. SO annoying! I didn't change my calorie amount, just added in the lifting. But although there's been a gain, my bathing suit doesn't dig into my hips like it used to. Can't tell by measurements or scale and my waistline isn't any different so clothing still feels a bit snug, but I think my body must be 'shifting' somehow. I am (not so) patiently waiting for a noticeable measurement difference or another drop in the scale. :tongue:

@jomatho - It can be hard to keep up the motivation day to day. Some days you fake it, some days you feel it...You are very right that you need to find something that you enjoy doing in regards to exercise and definitely schedule it in. Stay focused on your mini goals (the end goal can be too daunting for some people), and come here often for encouragement from the Eat More family. So often have I wanted to 'speed things up' by slashing cals or doubted my workout routine, or my personal plan, but reading through these forums helps to alleviate worries, bring understanding to confusion, and give motivation when needed. You can do this!!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd repost a link to a wonderful article the Kiki mentioned earlier today. It really hit home. Especially the "this weight loss may not be noticeable for several months" part. I feel like that's where I am now! No changes in the scale or my measurements, but suddenly people are commenting on my weight loss!

http://www.7layerliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/feastorfamine.pdf
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd repost a link to a wonderful article the Kiki mentioned earlier today. It really hit home. Especially the "this weight loss may not be noticeable for several months" part. I feel like that's where I am now! No changes in the scale or my measurements, but suddenly people are commenting on my weight loss!

http://www.7layerliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/feastorfamine.pdf

Great article. Thanks for posting this!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I am my own worst enemy right now. I'll have quite a few good days in a row and feel like I'm on the verge of dropping on the scale and then I have a day or two where I end up near or over TDEE. So I'm basically stalling myself right now. It's very frustrating.

It doesn't help that I've been tired A LOT lately. I make poor food choices when I'm tired, which in turn makes me more tired. Ugh. I'm due to have my thyroid rechecked soon, so I'm going to try to call the dr.'s office to get my lab done this week. I'm feeling like my levels could have adjusted to my latest medication increase. So that's where I'm at - just tired and blah!

I feel for you! I have been doing the same thing except for the Thyroid issues.....Ever since baby #3 My hormones are crazy. I was doing great the 1st two weeks of cut then my hormones kicked in and PMS lasted 4 weeks. I started feeling a bit better then bam, its already PMS time again.....I know it sounds like an excuse and maybe it is some days. I can understand a week of PMS, I just get so frustrated that I have to deal with it for 3-4 weeks. Its been over a year since I stopped breastfeeding so I would've thought that would be plenty of time for my body to adjust :grumble: :sad: :explode:
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Checking in again after two weeks. This is my 5th week of cut after the reset and I'm doing a little better. I'm down 2 pounds as of this morning from the highest I was 2 weeks ago. Still have 7 lbs to lose to be where I was before I started the reset but it's a step in the right direction. This week TOM is here so I'm hopeful that next week the scale will be even lower. For some reason I feel a little lighter even though my clothes fit the same and my measurements haven't changed. Could be my imagination. I'm hanging in there just like the rest of yall. I really believe in this process.
    I will stay at cut for another week and then take a 1 week break to eat at TDEE.
    I'm getting a little tired of Insanity so I might be changing my workout routine a little just to keep from being bored but should keep my activity level about the same.
    I hope everyone is doing ok, sounds like some of you are making great progress.

Opal
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @jomatho...YES! I feel the same, too. So frustrated. I don't mind slow progress as long as I see it! I just feel like I don't know what I am doing, what my numbers should be....am I on the right path? I am finishing up week six of cut with no results. I had some at 1st then I started having some hungry days and eating over. Not every day but even just a few a week threw my progress out the window. I just wish I knew I was on the right track. I don't want to stick with it for 4 months only to find out I was doing it all wrong

Sunday starts my full TDEE and rest week. I may cut out most of my workouts and lifting after that for a bit...I don't look forward to them, I don't feel better about doing them....they have turned into a chore. I started deliberate exercise in 6th grade, then on and off through my teenage years. Then by the time in my 20s I was a cardio queen! The only time I ever was thin and had lost a significant amount was after my 2nd daughter and I went back to work and was too busy to exercise other than an occasional walk and playing with my kids.

I think maybe thats what I need to do now. Focus on my eating and get it under control, then work on the muscle. I don't know if mentally I need a week, month or more but I just know I need it. I will still do yoga and walk sometimes. Now that the weather will be getting more to my taste I want to take my girls to the park after dinner more. Its getting darker soon and its hard to do both the park then my walk or HIIT.

I have muscle. Last time I lost I revealed a very muscular body. I want to have better arms but I am tired of all these years of working out but having to search under the flab to find it!:noway: I have the eating healthy part down for years, most of my life. I have the work out thing down. Its the mental thing I can't seem to get straight so I need to work on that. The reset really helped mentally but then cut came and I feel so lost and frustrated!

I need this rest week then I will see how I feel after that :drinker:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a depressing moment. I took pictures since its been a while from my last ones.. I took the last set about halfway through rest I think, so about 8 weeks ago, and then again today.. And there is virtually no change in the pictures. In fact my current ones look heavier to me..
    Sigh..
    I am a bit sad about it, since Ive been lifting for a little over 4 months now, and basically nothing has shown up yet. Im not leaning out like I was expecting by now, the inches are not really moving off yet and the weight loss is slow as molasses.. So feeling discouraged a bit. It would have made all the difference in the world if I saw some change in the pictures, but there literally isnt anything.. :grumble:

Bah!...

Im doing good on the eating and working out front. I have my 10k run on sunday, and while I know I will not be running the whole thing, I am looking forward to seeing what my burn is like after. Normally in a 5k run I burn about 600-700 cals, so it will be pretty cool to see over 1000cal burn on my HRM:) Ive got a few more lift sessions left on Stage 4 and then its a rest week and I think Ill eat up at TDEE for that week as well and take a break at the same time:)
  • HealthyEllie98
    Options
    So this is the weekend I'd said I'd check in with my results of eating at cut for a week....
    And I have nothing to report. No change, in inches or weight.
    BUT, it's all my fault. This week I was offered ice-cream, chocolate, cake, fries, all kinds of junk food multiple times at a few social things... and each time I managed to refuse at first... and then a few minutes later after a very intense struggle in my mind I gave in.
    UGGGHHHHH.
    I've also been INCREDIBLY busy this week, and I didn't manage to fit all my planned exercise in.

This week, I am going to try SO MUCH HARDER. I will NOT give in. I will be a lot loss busy, so I should be able to do all my exercise properly.

I just really hope that this works for me.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Boy, I hope I didn't bring everybody down today! Sounds like we are a struggling group. Also sounds like TOM/hormones are at play for several of us, that doesn't help.
    @Raynn, what article did I just read today that said it could take up to 6 months to see results? Can't remember what link it was, but I was shocked by that too. I'm sorry you don't see a change yet, but I know you will, you have been working so hard. Hugs.
    @TripleJ3, thanks for sharing, sounds like we are in similar places mentally. I hope your rest is just what you need. I am struggling with hormones too, especially this last year, but mine is not due to recent pregnancy, mine is likely peri-menopause. My doctor tells me I must just be more sensitive to the swings in hormones because most women don't even notice them changing. Whatever. I know that is part of my mental struggle too. Sometimes I wish I was a boy, haha.
    @HealthyEllie, I think you are going to have an awesome week! Make sure you let us know how it goes!!! I am the same way, my resolve is really good and then, bam, I can't resist and then that snowballs because I think, what the heck, I already blew it. You can turn it around though.
    @Opal, if you feel lighter, maybe you have already dropped, but it is being masked by water or something.

Okay, that is all the personalsI can see on this page, so I will leave it at that.

I did come back on tonight to report I had my first good day in a long, long time. I logged all my food, my macros aren't too bad, I got in my walk and my weight lifting day 1 and have just kept busy all day. woohoo, a step in the right direction!
    My goal for tomorrow is to log food, that's it, haha.
    So I changed my food log goals again, I decided to put my goal calories back to maintenance TDEE and just try to keep under that by 10-15 percent each day. Today was 15%. I am logging my exercise as 1 calorie each since that is figured into my weekly TDEE/average TDEE.
    Anyways, I guess I am rambling now, hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you started this Post. I am reading all the replies in hopes of learning something. I just started my Cut yesterday, have been upping my cals since some time in May....and last week at 2100 I gained 3 pounds. So, good luck to all of you, I know this works, I've seen too many success posts. I'll be very happy to see all of you do a success post in the future!! :)
  • HealthyEllie98
    Options
    So after being disappointed by my awful week and seeing no progress, I was determined to get back on track so yesterday I ate absolutely PERFECTLY and went on an awesome 6km run, running the whole way at quite a fast pace for me without stopping! It's normally pretty hard for me to do runs that long, but yesterday I just felt great, and it was almost too easy.

Then I decided to weigh in again this morning just to confirm my weight, and guess what, I'M DOWN A POUND!!! I'm soooooo happy!!!! I almost teared up, I've just been trying so hard for so long at not seeing any changes, and this is the first one I've seen in months. MONTHS. I'm so happy with myself. Every day of this week is going to be a day as good as yesterday. It WILL.

I'll report in hopefully with more progress next Sunday :)
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So after being disappointed by my awful week and seeing no progress, I was determined to get back on track so yesterday I ate absolutely PERFECTLY and went on an awesome 6km run, running the whole way at quite a fast pace for me without stopping! It's normally pretty hard for me to do runs that long, but yesterday I just felt great, and it was almost too easy.

Then I decided to weigh in again this morning just to confirm my weight, and guess what, I'M DOWN A POUND!!! I'm soooooo happy!!!! I almost teared up, I've just been trying so hard for so long at not seeing any changes, and this is the first one I've seen in months. MONTHS. I'm so happy with myself. Every day of this week is going to be a day as good as yesterday. It WILL.

congratz

but im curious, did u mean u ate perfectly as clean food or u ate within ur calories?
  • HealthyEllie98
    Options

congratz

but im curious, did u mean u ate perfectly as clean food or u ate within ur calories?

Both: I ate pretty much exactly my calorie goal, I refused all junk food I was offered, and I ate quite a lot of protein and got very close to my macros. :)
  • rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    WOW - I've been dreaming of the day I can finally post in this thread!

So today is Day 1 of Cut for me :bigsmile:

I just finished a full 8-week reset. I ate at TDEE of 2480 (and sometimes a couple hundred cals more than that!) for the whole 8 weeks, and for about 90% of the time I was consistently hitting that calorie level. I also did a combination of Jillian Michaels videos, running, walking, and over the past 2 weeks I've started getting more serious about heavy lifting.

Before I started the reset (and I should mention that I was strictly a cardio queen before I started), I weighed 77.8kg. This morning I officially weighed in at 80.0kg. Up until this week, my weight was actually staying between 79 - 79.5 so I'm fairly confident that I was eating at the right maintenance level. Don't know what's caused the creeping up to 80kg, but who cares - I think there's something poetic about the fact that I'm starting my cut at a round number, and also a number starting with '8', which is something I swore I'd never see again!!! Talk about extra motivation.

So - total reset weight gain is 2.2kg. Mind you, I am sure I'm retaining water from lifting, as well as impending TOM at the end of this week.

Measurements wise - up until today they actually were staying the same from pre-reset, aside from my waist which was about to hit a 1cm loss (even though I was eating at maintenance!!), but thanks to the bloat, I'm up between 0.5 and 2cm *everywhere*.

Again - not too worried as TOM does this to me. The witch!

I've taken some before/after pictures. Not much of a difference, although I dare say my tummy is a little more toned and has some definition, so those ab workouts have been working!

Looking forward to revealing all the hard work I've put in exercise-wise as eating at cut melts all my fat off ;) Before starting EM2WL, I had a goal weight of 72kg, so I was about 6kg away from that. But now, I'm not focusing so much on goal weight as much as body recomposition and body fat loss. Probably going to get myself a body fat scale so I can track that somehow.

Thanks to all of you that have shared your Cut progress so far! I can see that it takes a lot of patience and perseverance at times, but I really feel like this is the right thing for our bodies.

WIsh me luck!

Rach
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Cut Rach!!

AFM I am nursing a sore body after successfully completing my 10k run:) I finished in a time of 1:26:38 which isn't impressive on a running standpoint, but since this was my first 10k, and I actually didnt train properly for it, it was WAY better than our expectations. We fully thought we would complete it in about 1:45hr, so we were shocked to have made it under 90 minutes. It felt so good to cross that line knowing I had done it.. even with 4 or 5 walk breaks in the last 5k, I definitely earned my 10k run and I am so proud to have done it:)
    Maybe next time I will do it without any walk breaks:)

TOM is due pretty much any time so Im sure the scale wont be a good measure in the next few days. Im still feeling pretty down about no measurement changes in my pics, but for now, Im riding the high of completing my 10k... something 8 months ago, I NEVER expected I would want to do, let alone accomplish:)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Cut Rach!!:love::flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
    You made it!!!

And Raynn~ CONGRATS ON COMPLETING YOUR 10K!!:love::flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
    YOU made it too!!

BOTH of you have done exemplary jobs and I am so proud of how you both have remained committed and didn't give up when the going got rough:flowerforyou:

Great, great job girls!!

(Raynn~ I think treating yourself to a nice massage is an order!)