Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Going well so far: swam on Monday, went to the gym yesterday, going to do an exercise video (or maybe a run if I have time) tonight. Diet is ok, not great but at least I'm logging!!

As for results: Well done to our prefects this week: Brittlynn and Azsuzi!!
    Can we have challenges for next week please- Azsuzi, food please, and Brittlyn; Exercise challenge.

Also congratulations to Britttlynn, me, TheWinged and TwiFan5, who all lost last week. And well done to Twifan5 again, for being the ONLY Ravenclaw to reach her target for the month. Here's hoping healthy Ocotber helps more of us reach those targets!
  • brittlynn8907
    brittlynn8907 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk yesterday and it was just what I needed! I've been making healthier choices so far so hopefully this will be a good week.

For the exercise challenge I think we should stick to just moving so 1 owl for each day you get in 30 min of cardio.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Another busy day for me that included a business lunch. Even though I ordered a salad, it came with a huge load of calories - so I'm over today, but it is logged. Haven't done the exercise yet - maybe I'll get in some quick wall push-ups and crunches before bed.

Food challenge for next week: let's do the rainbow challenge again. 1 OWL for each day you eat at least 4 different colors of fresh fruits and veggies.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've been MIA for the last several weeks, wayyyyyyyy toooooo much work (I'm self-employed, and it's taken me awhile to learn that saying no to clients is ok), but I'm trying to get back on track. I've maintained through the craziness, so I guess that's a victory of sorts, but I really want to get rid of this spare tire, and find some muscles, and get back in running form. Maybe checking in here every day will help :-)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Happy Friday! Lots of changes in my life this week - I got a promotion that I've been hoping for for over a year!! I'm now a supervisor which means that I have people reporting to me and a whole new set of rules. I'm really excited to be finally moving in the right direction in my career!!

Am trying really hard to stay within calories. Not always succeeding but at least I'm posting - which is something I had not been doing faithfully for a while. Our challenges seem to be working for me this week - so YAY!!
  • srp2011
    Options
    @azsuzi - congrats on the promotion - that's fantastic!

As for me, today was a completely lazy day - I did get a few things accomplished, but spent the evening on the couch in front of the tv... a little over on food, but nothing a workout wouldn't fix... but it's 9:30, so it will have to wait until tomorrow :-)
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!

(when I type that, I always hear people shout "Hey Norm!" like they did on Cheers)

September is over! And October is here! And it seems we're doing "Healthy October", which I am all behind. September was... difficult, and then I got sick, but as Sue said- posting is everything. I've been able to lose this week even though I didn't do a lick of exercise.

I think I finally hit that magical metabolism thing, which is awesome.

In about 14 days, it will be my year reunion of when I started MFP. And I can't believe that I'm nearing 100 pounds lost. I'm at the half-way point in my journey, but it's still pretty remarkable.

I remember just 10 months ago when my friend hit her 100 pounds for her first year- that's pretty inspirational, if you ask me.

Other things I'm oddly happy about:
    1) I'm almost on the BMI scale (at 40.8), and my FitBit ends at 40.
    2) I wore out my first official pair of running shoes. Bought 2 more for replacements.
    3) I now wear a size "21" in pants. Of course, that doesn't exist, but I'm comfy in a 20-W and 22's are easy.
    4) I used to wear a size 32W.
    5) I can get away wearing a 1X shirt. 2X is still more comfy, but I don't worry about 1X's anymore.
    6) I used to wear a 4X in shirts.
    7) If I wanted to, I could ride in a helicopter (weight limit is 250 pounds).
    8) I fit in my own airplane seat. And the seatbelt buckles.
    9) I can run in steel-toed shoes. Without getting winded. (Short distances, of course. But this wasn't even an option before.)
    10) I had a bioscreen done a year ago, and that person on the paper doesn't even resemble me now. Amazing.

I think I'm going to start training for the 9/11 Memorial Stair climb coming up in a year (11 months away). I've never done something like that before, so if people have tips on how to break up the thing (110 flights of stairs), I'd love to hear it.

Have a great day, everyone! It seems our house is getting back on the wagon, but I find it important to remember why we're here to begin with. Hopefully my list reminds you. :bigsmile:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Happy Sunday Ravenclaw! Today is my "down day" - I get to relax and do nothing. I spend the rest of my week "up" - available and on the go at work, home, school. I love my Sundays! :heart:

oh - and congrats Korkster on your progress! You've come a long way! :drinker:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!

(when I type that, I always hear people shout "Hey Norm!" like they did on Cheers)

September is over! And October is here! And it seems we're doing "Healthy October", which I am all behind. September was... difficult, and then I got sick, but as Sue said- posting is everything. I've been able to lose this week even though I didn't do a lick of exercise.

I think I finally hit that magical metabolism thing, which is awesome.

In about 14 days, it will be my year reunion of when I started MFP. And I can't believe that I'm nearing 100 pounds lost. I'm at the half-way point in my journey, but it's still pretty remarkable.

I remember just 10 months ago when my friend hit her 100 pounds for her first year- that's pretty inspirational, if you ask me.

Other things I'm oddly happy about:
    1) I'm almost on the BMI scale (at 40.8), and my FitBit ends at 40.
    2) I wore out my first official pair of running shoes. Bought 2 more for replacements.
    3) I now wear a size "21" in pants. Of course, that doesn't exist, but I'm comfy in a 20-W and 22's are easy.
    4) I used to wear a size 32W.
    5) I can get away wearing a 1X shirt. 2X is still more comfy, but I don't worry about 1X's anymore.
    6) I used to wear a 4X in shirts.
    7) If I wanted to, I could ride in a helicopter (weight limit is 250 pounds).
    8) I fit in my own airplane seat. And the seatbelt buckles.
    9) I can run in steel-toed shoes. Without getting winded. (Short distances, of course. But this wasn't even an option before.)
    10) I had a bioscreen done a year ago, and that person on the paper doesn't even resemble me now. Amazing.

I think I'm going to start training for the 9/11 Memorial Stair climb coming up in a year (11 months away). I've never done something like that before, so if people have tips on how to break up the thing (110 flights of stairs), I'd love to hear it.

Have a great day, everyone! It seems our house is getting back on the wagon, but I find it important to remember why we're here to begin with. Hopefully my list reminds you. :bigsmile:

:drinker: and a :flowerforyou: you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
  • brittlynn8907
    brittlynn8907 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @korkster- Your list is so awesome and inspiring!!:flowerforyou:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    So, down a couple pounds! Can someone enter 160 on the spreadsheet for me? And 16 OWLS and 30 house points :blushing: .

Thank you ever so much!
  • srp2011
    Options
    @korkster - congrats on your progress - that's wonderful! As for tarining for the climb, why don't you tackle it with something like a c25k program or a marathon training program for running? ie, find a flight of stairs that you can use, and basically do intervals - climb X flights, then walk for a minute or two on the flat, then climb X stairs again, etc.., for a set amount of time, and each week increase the number of flights that you do before taking the walk break, and increase the total amount of time?

As for me, the scale was very kind this morning, but it was because I was sick all weekend and didn't eat much Sunday :-( But I'm feeling better today, and I went and got a drastic new haircut - much shorter and I love it - part 1 of my personal makeover :-)
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hey guys! A few days away for me, beautiful spanish beach and got to spend some time with my Grandad, so all good! Am up weight-wise this week, but ate a LOT this weekend and it's TOM so am hoping I can dump it again quite quickly. Have a good week planned so should be ok, especially with two great challenges set!
    Azsuzi, well done on your promotion, you deserve it. And Korkster, your progress is inspirational, well done!!!!!!!!!!
  • srp2011
    Options
    Finally feeling back to normal today, but energy was still low - I did get 20 minutes in on the bike, may try to go for a run tomorrow - woohoo! And the scale was still down this morning - double woohoo!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hey all! Healthy Ocotber going well so far this week, 60 mintes exercise every day, under my calories, I am going for it hardcore!!!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great job Sue on your loss! Looks like everyone is doing well.

Thanks for the tips, srp2011! I'll try it out.

Starting to exercise again. Made my 10k steps yesterday, and have done that today as well.

Tried doing the "gatorade" program with their 3 steps of replenishing fluids. All was going well until I hit the 3rd step, "recover". Ugh! That lemon-lime-orange protein drink is disgusting! I can't do it. Blegh. They have other flavors that I might try, but I definitely don't recommend this one. Muscles be damned.

My work is now hosting yoga after-hours. I think I'll give it a try today.

Have a great one everybody!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Prefects this week are.............
    Azsuzi and Brittlynn8907!!

Well done you guys, can we have challenges please? Azsuzi - exercise and Brittlynn, food. Thank you!

Day off tomorrow here (Dia de la hispanidad), after a day of on Tuesday as well. I love spanish public holidays!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hey everyone! So, with the promotion of course comes more responsibility - added hours to an already full load. You may not see me around as much but I am still here and keeping up on your progress! Keep it up everyone - you inspire me every day!!

Next week's exercise challenge: add 50% to your workout. For instance, if you usually do an hour, add a half hour. If you do a half hour, add 15 minutes. If you do 100 crunches, add 50 more. Have fun!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Aaaargh Azsuzi that's fierce! An extra 50 is an extra 3.5 hours for me in the week, no idea where I'll find the time! Will do my best though, can't wait to try!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Still going well in healthy October, how's everyone else going?!