how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I actually LOST 3 pounds between appointments. But I gained them back over the last 3 weeks. Holding steady at 16 pounds gained at 34 weeks. This is on par with my previous pregnancies. I am eating healthier and not drinking beer, so the weight came off at the same time the baby is growing.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    27wks and gained 21.1lbs, in the last 1 month I have put on 0.5lb. I will bring this up at my next dr appt in 2 wks. it has really slowed down for me.

That's awesome! I thought I recalled you posting about your Dr. coming down on you for having taken on too much weight too quickly (maybe that was about a month ago?!) and from what I remember, your gain wasn't that "out of line" from what I had understood. Way to go! 21.1 lbs is totally reasonable at 27 weeks!

yup that was me. I had gained 7lbs between appointments. LOL. Funny thing is, those 7lbs were all put on before my vacation (so they were all put on in a 2 week time-frame), I went on vacation for 10days and came back weighing the same and I had a dr appt 2 days later. She just mentioned I need to slow it down and to eat healthier and what not. I have been eating healthier, but I haven't been exercising as much. Now I am curious to see what she says at my next appointment. My last appointment 2 weeks ago I weighed 145.6 and this morning I weighed 145.1, so I am really curious to see what I will weigh in 2 weeks. Lol.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I actually LOST 3 pounds between appointments. But I gained them back over the last 3 weeks. Holding steady at 16 pounds gained at 34 weeks. This is on par with my previous pregnancies. I am eating healthier and not drinking beer, so the weight came off at the same time the baby is growing.

That's great, you're doing good!
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    At 8 weeks pregnant I was +6lbs
    at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    At the never-ending 18 weeks + 16lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs
    24 weeks + 18 lbs

I feel much more on "track" now than I was in my first trimester or at other points in my pregnancy. Just 3.5 months to go!...Time flies! I'm still going to try and keep this weight gain reasonable....
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Here's a post-baby update to make you feel better about the weight gain:

I had my baby 8 days ago, and I've already lost 26 pounds. I gained just over 40 during the pregnancy.

I feel about 50 pounds lighter though :)

Try not to stress out too much and keep growing those healthy babies!

- Pepper
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I had my baby 8 days ago, and I've already lost 26 pounds. I gained just over 40 during the pregnancy.

- Pepper

Congrats!!! So happy for you :) your baby is a cutie pie.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

- Pepper

YAY! Congratulations on your beautiful baby and your success! :smile:
  • snowgrrl83
    Options
    Congrats Pepper!! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well :)
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Cuuuuute baby! I'm between 10-11 lbs at 17 weeks today.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    so don't like the number i see on the scale. up 21lbs at 28 weeks. hope there's no dramatic gain till the end. and keep at a steady sllooww gain.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Pepper - congratulations! And thank you for checking in and making my day :) I'm 26 weeks and up 24 pounds!

By the way - at my shower this last weekend, we played a game where people asked my husband and I questions and we both secretly answered. People asked things like "how many times did Emily pee during the night last night?" or "what has been her strongest craving?" One woman asked "how much weight has Emily gained?" I was MORTIFIED! My sweet husband put "little to none" on his little wipeboard and I put the real answer. I was embarrassed, though.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I'm officially up 14 lbs at 22 weeks. I guess that's not too bad! I was overweight at the beginning of this pregnancy and was told to really watch my sugar intake (I've been BAD about it lately)! My goal is to not get over 230 lbs (I'm 6 feet tall).
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Pepper - congratulations! And thank you for checking in and making my day :) I'm 26 weeks and up 24 pounds!

By the way - at my shower this last weekend, we played a game where people asked my husband and I questions and we both secretly answered. People asked things like "how many times did Emily pee during the night last night?" or "what has been her strongest craving?" One woman asked "how much weight has Emily gained?" I was MORTIFIED! My sweet husband put "little to none" on his little wipeboard and I put the real answer. I was embarrassed, though.

Wow, why would anyone ask that? :tongue: They'd have gotten a fake smack from me!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    up 33lbs at 38 wks. come out baby, come out :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Wow, why would anyone ask that? :tongue: They'd have gotten a fake smack from me!

Who knows - it was one of my mom's friends who asked. I just tried to conceal my embarrassment because I really didn't know what to do!!! Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a bit inappropriate...
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    up 10lbs at 32weeks!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Who knows - it was one of my mom's friends who asked. I just tried to conceal my embarrassment because I really didn't know what to do!!! Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a bit inappropriate...

That is really rude! I can't believe they asked you that.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

I think people of a certain age don't realize how insulting certain questions/comments about pregnancy weight gain can be. A few months after my son was born, when I was actively losing weight, my in-laws visited, and my MIL kept telling me about how awesome my then-pregnant SIL (not her daughter but her son's wife) looked and how she hadn't had to wear any maternity clothes. (I can tell you for a fact that it was a lie, but for some reason my MIL either believed it or wanted me to.) I found it super insulting to brag about that, as if it were some merit badge, to someone who gained a lot during pregnancy and was actively working her butt off to lose the weight.

She probably has no idea how badly she hurt my feelings, and she'd probably be too clueless to think an apology was warranted, if I ever asked for one.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I love your husband's response though. Seriously, how sweet.
  • snowgrrl83
    Options

Agreed! Totally inappropriate! Asking how many times you peed last night or what you've been craving is ok in my books and all in good fun, but how much weight is pushing it too far!