Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Beeps and Megan, I can't wait to be 15lbs away from my goal. I know "they" say it gets harder to lose the closer you get to your ideal weight, so it sounds like you ladies are doing fantastic. I need to be reading more about the cutting and bulking, etc. I guess I don't completely understand it. I need to lose so much fat, but I really don't want to lose any muscle.

So my final for the protein challenge is better than I thought it would be, but still not great.

Me: 21
    NEP: 10

Trying to stay away from the HUGE stash of candy the kids brought home tonight.
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Cowgirl: In theory it's so little to lose, but I swear it's like pulling teeth. But I'm more determined than I've ever been (except for these past two days I've jumped ship on my diet) so we'll see.

Beeps: You are even more awesome because you have a few years on me. It only gets tougher. Losing weight when I was 23 is a whole different ballgame then in my 30's.

I don't have set pounds to lose, but I use an IF calculator (1percentedge.com/ifcalc) and I set my calories so it comes to around .88 projected loss. But that's at eating -30/-10 TDEE. My #1 goal is to be 155 since I've had that goal both times after having kids and have yet to reach it. But now that I'm closer, I want to go lower. I'm the same weight I was last year at this time, but can fit in smaller close. A testament that lifting works!

Beeps, that' so funny you say that about being 160. My body LOOOOOVES being at 160 too. It's like I dip to 158/9 and my body is like "Wait, what? Excuse me, no I don't think so. Back to 160" I want to get low enough in the 50's I don't have to see that number again. At the time I loved my body at 147 but I was hungry and weak. I can only imagine what a fit 147 looks like, exciting! Most of my 20's I've stayed in the 150's.

OK, now I have to get rid of this Halloween candy! I've broken my IF two days in a row eating junk ugh.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    You would not BELIEVE how much junk food I ate yesterday! Simply mass quantities of potato chips, halloween chocolate bars and homemade popcorn. I was physically ill by bedtime.

Hell-bent on doing a FULL fast, today, because I was WAY full, WAY bloated, and, hell, sure didn't need the calories.

And then, surprise, surprise, my husband and kids got up EXTRA early and when I crawled out of bed to get ready for work, there they were, with BREAKFAST IN BED for me!!

That has NEVER happened, to me. In my life. Ever.

So, what could I do? I chugged down the bacon, the eggs, the chocolate-banana latte with a BIG SMILE on my face, but I was soooooooo full and ill AND sad because there, fast blown.

Anyway, this was a "surprise" HAPPY (EARLY) BIRTHDAY for me and while it was TOTALLY great, because it WAS a total surprise, I haven't eaten breakfast in about 6 weeks, now, and it was a HARD CHUG.

The end.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    BEEPS - How sweet of your family! (But sorry about your fast.) And I'm willing to wager I ate more candy than you yesterday. I actually tried to log all of it. TRIED. Check my diary. ;)

I partly blame yesterday on TOM which hit today. Can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow morning. Going for a walk with my daughter now...
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Megan, I hope you can post pictures of your results. Sounds like you're going to have a fantastic body in no time.

Awwww, Beeps, that's so thoughtful of them. I would've felt the same way, but in a few days you'll feel better and you'll have that sweet memory to look back at.

K, I know what you mean. I really like sweets, but I can control it most of the time. However, when TOM is close, I crave sugar so bad! It's ridiculous how much junk I can eat.

So I've had the Body Media for about 3 weeks now. According to it, my daily deficit has been 400+ calories. I haven't lost any weight, actually maybe gained a lb. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe I'm expecting results too quickly?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, TODAY, DAMMIT! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oops! Um.... "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Beeps, happy birthday to you!" :flowerforyou:
  • kmsairam
    Options
    Happy Happy Birthday Beeps!!

#dontknowyourrealname

:)
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Beeps!!!! Hope you have a fabulous day!

cowgirl - I would give it a bit more time, but I think you'll really see a difference when you take a break.

I'm pretty sure I've been unintentionally bulking. I have been eating good, but just too much I think and not exercising like I should (even lifting) - 1. because I'm constantly tired, 2. because I was avoiding workouts that I didn't want to do. So, now it's time for a cut!!! Hoping I can get back to where I was this summer with weight (147) and lose some inches off the waist. Looking back at what I was doing, the intervals are really what helped with the weight loss, so I've added those back into my workouts. May do some of the metabollic style training instead of just doing it on the elliptical.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    k, you peeps are AWESOME, lol!!

I am sick with a cold. I have to work late. I had to skip my work-out, todayI have to work all weekend. My daughter has early morning ice hockey. NOT FUN.

But, my husband and kids are trying REALLY hard to make sure I'm having a "happy birthday". I LOVE to celebrate, so will do that, somewhere, somehow.

Oh, on the "good news" front, I managed a 20-hr fast today. On MY BIRTHDAY!! How AWESOME is THAT!!??

My nice dinner out will consist of a ceasar salad (no croutons, dressing on the side) and a steak. YUM!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm back!! Woo Hoo!! Electricity is a beautiful thing, but some heat would be nice. I'm heart sick by the destruction.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Gosh, I'm glad you're reporting in, samntha....I've been worried about all the USA NE-coasters!

I couldn't get to the gym yesterday for lifting, nor today for cardio. It looks like an unplanned 5 or 6 day gym break, for me.

Am keeping my calories low.

I did fast, yesterday, and broke my fast with my birthday supper of ceasar salad, beef tenderloin in a red wine reduction, truffle mashed potatoes and roasted broccolini. NO alcohol. NO dessert. Came in under 1,200 calories. Yay!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Happy belated, Beeps!

Glad you're good, Sam! It's some terrible stuff y'all have happening over there. :(

Hey ladies! Miss everyone! :)
    I have managed to gain ALL of my weight back and a few more lbs these past few weeks of not working out and eating carb, carb city. I haven't even been going over, but carb carb city. Anyways, not interested in starting fresh on the scale, but I know I will still have strength, so that's a plus!

Haven't made it to the gym still, but I've kept up with my sprints, thank goodness!
  • samntha14
    Options
    It's going to take some time to get back into the swing of things. My gym is still closed due to ceiling damage and grocery stores have limited supplies. I realize for the rest of the country, and everywhere else, Sandy is old news already, but for us here in the tri-state, we who are relatively unscathed must continue to watch to suffering of our neighbors. Please don't forget them.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/incredible-pictures-of-hurricane-sandys-new-jerse

We are originally from Cliffwood Beach adjacent to Keyport. We still have friends and family in Union Beach, Keyport, Keansburg, and all down the shore. My aunt lost her house, it literally is only a foundation, in Ortley Beach. My cousin still doesn't know if her house stands at all because she can't get to it after the fall of the Mantolooking bridge. I have given to the Red Cross and other relief efforts my entire adulthood, but it is a surreal feeling when you KNOW the people you are giving to. We spent today and the last few days cleaning out closets, bagging clothes, Shopping for supplies, washing toys and other things for children.

http://www.globaltechnj.com/restore.php These t-shirts are for sale as part of the relief effort. It's not just New Jersey, but ALL of the tri-state, NYC, Philly, CT. Thousands are still in the dark. Don't mean to be a bummer right now, but for the time being, this is life for us here.
  • kmsairam
    Options
    Sam -- Wow, the destruction is unbelievable. I mean, I seriously cannot believe it. Seeing as how we just moved and I have LOTS of things to give away (purge), I love the idea of giving to the Red Cross. Sending out thoughts and prayers to all of the families affected by this storm.
  • samntha14
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jrnapo
    Options
    Hi all!

Figured I'd chime in finally since I'll admit to being a lurker for the past few weeks! :) I'm currently in the middle of stage 1 and really enjoying it, and it's so nice and encouraging to read about other gals having so much success with the program!

I have a question for you all. What kind of shoes do you wear while lifting? I bought a cushy pair of Asics over the summer when I was still a cardio queen who was intimidated by barbie weights. But I'm finding when I'm doing lunges or squats or the like my feet are wobbling around in my shoes and it's difficult to complete the moves with the right form. I'm curious to hear what you all wear.

Sam- so sorry to hear about your family! I'm living in the midwest but originally from Long Island and I've been getting phone calls from family explaining that it essentially looks like the apocalypse in so many places. My parents house is still standing but today is day 7 without power for them. I'll be sending prayers your way!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sam - so glad to hear that you are OK!!! So sorry about all the devastation! I honestly cannot even imagine!

Was planning a fast for today since I went a bit overboard this weekend, but I'm so hungry this morning. Even with coffee and water.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

REALLY hoping to finish Stage 1 this week or early next week - things keep getting in the way!

Also, I will start carb-cycling on Wed. I have been AWFUL with my eating habits lately so this will be very telling re it's effectiveness for weight loss.

jrnapo - I have run and lifted in every type of foot wear you can think of from super cushy asics to minimalist running shoes to vibram five fingers. PERSONALLY I like to life in the five fingers - my balance is better, I don't wobble, and I am more comfortable. If you decide to try barefoot training (five fingers = the "barefoot" concept), please read about it first and how to get your feet, arches, and calves used to the new shoes. I started wearing them two years ago and worked my way up to running my first half marathon in them.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hi my friends. I'm just checking in with you all for a quick sec. I'm still not home. We have had no power since last Monday evening at 8:30. I'm very grateful for our friends who have given us shelter since then but I really want to go home. I haven't been to the gym since last Saturday and I miss lifting! Body weight just isn't the same.

Hope you all are ok?