Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    <---New bicep pic. Pretty intense especially when I compared it to the others in my album.

Lovely! I hope I show that much improvement.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,978 Member
    Options
    WOW, samntha! That *is* a BICEP PICTURE! Good for you.

I'm going to stay on the "daily chat thread"....cause I want to keep up with all you heavy lifters! But, I'll also start a new thread (in this group) for NROL4Abs. This is weeks from now....I still haven't bought the book, I still have to finish NROL4W and I still have to go on (and return from) my summer vacation!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

I'm thinking ahead to when I will be hopefully doing chin-ups and wondered if anyone had used one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upper-Body-Workout/dp/B001EJMS6K

As I work out at home it looks like a pretty good option.

Looking forward to my NRoL4W workout today, have been doing a 5k (just over 3 miles) walk / run sequence for the last couple of days for my cardio (do these on my rest days between lifting) and am aiming to make it a solid 5k run within a month.

Like Sue I'm deadlifting 70lbs but might look to add a bit more. Definitely need to buy more weights still!

PS:I love this thread too :) What a great bunch of women on here!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    <---New bicep pic. Pretty intense especially when I compared it to the others in my album.

Amazing!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

I'm thinking ahead to when I will be hopefully doing chin-ups and wondered if anyone had used one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upper-Body-Workout/dp/B001EJMS6K

As I work out at home it looks like a pretty good option.

Looking forward to my NRoL4W workout today, have been doing a 5k (just over 3 miles) walk / run sequence for the last couple of days for my cardio (do these on my rest days between lifting) and am aiming to make it a solid 5k run within a month.

Like Sue I'm deadlifting 70lbs but might look to add a bit more. Definitely need to buy more weights still!

PS:I love this thread too :) What a great bunch of women on here!

I use a very similar one and it's pretty awesome. Mine.. is.. http://www.amazon.com/GoFit-Elevated-Chin-Up-Station/dp/B0027ICCTA/ref=sr_1_20?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1343443881&sr=1-20&keywords=pull+up+bar

One of the bars rests on the doorway, so it may be easier to get one with two like the one I have, so that you can be sure you have enough space for your hands! :)
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have been gone all day and exhausted. Tomorrow I PLAN on stage 5 WOA2. I despise being off track. I like working out MWF and 2 days of rest.

YES, I will do NROL4abs beginning September 17ish. We will be back from vacation on September 15 and I might need a few days to get back in the swing of things.
  • TheFunBun
    Options
    I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of NROLAbs.. I thought the intro was adorable.

I'm suffering the... wah-wah-wahs today since I tried to fit into some pants and discovered I haven't dropped a pant size. I think maybe only my upper body is getting smaller? It looks smaller. I don't know. All I know is my *kitten* is not fitting into the jeans I totally feel it should be fitting into. My macros have been all over the place, so a part of me says I don't deserve a smaller size. And again. Wah Wah Wah.

That said, my strength gains have been amazing, so yet another reason I shouldn't complain.... looking better, feeling better, stronger... urrgh, I just want it ALL.

I also have no clue what's a normal bodyfat% loss for a month. I've lost 2.4% since I started, and I'm now in the middle of stage 3... is that good? Does it mean I obviously have been eating too many carbs? LOL. Who knows. Anyways, enough of my whining!

Hope you ladies are all doing well this week! Love the AWESOME bicep Sam, now that I finally had time to check and see the before biceps too! what amazing progress!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Funbun, you are indeed fun, and we all need to complain once in a while. I shrunk up top first as well, and considering I have nothing to lose up top, I was all together happy about it . Now my waist has shrunk, but not the thighs so much, though they are smoother :( So hang in there.

My complaint of the day...OUCHIE. Woke up to some decent DOMS. Usually they wear off by lunch time. These DOMS are interesting because I actually hurt in some new places, like my abs, my abs NEVER hurt, so I must have done something right yesterday. Maybe it was increasing overhead weight for the crunches, or using the 45lb plate for back extension either way, I am feeling it today. Also, now I'm not looking forward to vacation as much since it sees I will doing ALL of the driving :(
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was our anniversary, so we went out last night. Mmmmmmm. Today I need to hit it hard. Thursday's workout was kinda weak and rushed. I had to rush through it in order to pick up my dd on time, so I only did two sets. Normally I have at least a tiny bit of DOMs after a workout. I had none. So, today I hit it hard. After today I'll be halfway through stage 4.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Today I will do Stage 5WOA2 and dreading the BWM. I've been thinking a lot about the timing. It's not a race to see how fast I can get it . I checked the book. He says "time it and rest double that time". When I try to rush through it, my form stinks. If I want full benefits of it, I need to slow down and make sure the form is good.

I can't imagine anyone is getting great proper form with 2:30 minutes. Maybe so. I just can't imagine it. When I squat low and back up that's 3 seconds and jumping lunges........ UGH!

New ladies, don't let someone' s time drive you to match or beat their time. That's not what this is about. I need to remember that myself.

Happy Anniversary , Jessica :happy:
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Thanks, Mary.

Dirty Confession: I don't do the BWM. There, I said it. I can't do the jumping squats and lunges. I have done it with just the regular squats and lunges, but don't usually. Most days, I just feel good to have made it through the workout. I probably *should* be doing them, but I'm not. End confession.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Jessica, I do as many jumping lunges as I can which is about 3-4 per leg and that's it. Then I finish out with regular lunges.

Do what you can and move from there. :smile:
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just had a week full of crappy workouts in stage 4. I feel the need to go back to basics and make sure my squats are parallel and my deadlifts are knees bent, head up....I am not making much progress in strength...it is so hard to juggle life and food and fitness and expect fitness to come out on top...I love having a plan to work through though because, unlike the rest of my life, it is measurable, when I succeed the weights increase or the pounds go down and I can say that I was successful at SOMETHING....

just having a bad day today, I guess.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Today I will do Stage 5WOA2 and dreading the BWM. I've been thinking a lot about the timing. It's not a race to see how fast I can get it . I checked the book. He says "time it and rest double that time". When I try to rush through it, my form stinks. If I want full benefits of it, I need to slow down and make sure the form is good.

I can't imagine anyone is getting great proper form with 2:30 minutes. Maybe so. I just can't imagine it. When I squat low and back up that's 3 seconds and jumping lunges........ UGH!

New ladies, don't let someone' s time drive you to match or beat their time. That's not what this is about. I need to remember that myself.
    There is a video in the group on FB. Her time is around that and she has perfect form. Makes me feel like a loser!

Happy Anniversary , Jessica :happy:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    She's a beast! and good for her :happy:
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I want that.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    I just had a week full of crappy workouts in stage 4. I feel the need to go back to basics and make sure my squats are parallel and my deadlifts are knees bent, head up....I am not making much progress in strength...it is so hard to juggle life and food and fitness and expect fitness to come out on top...I love having a plan to work through though because, unlike the rest of my life, it is measurable, when I succeed the weights increase or the pounds go down and I can say that I was successful at SOMETHING....

just having a bad day today, I guess.

I get it. I haven't had a good workout since my vacation. I'm just can't seem to get back into it like I was. I'm keeping on keeping on, but it's frustrating.

Life is weighing on me, too. I am going back to school in two weeks, and I haven't figured out how I'm going to balance everything yet.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I'm really struggling with eating. I need to clean up my foods.Do you think if I eat better and stick to the plan , I'll lose body fat quicker?

Off to reread the nutrition section.,

ETA:

Alright, I have read several pages and I am extremely confused. I need advice. He says if you gain weight then you are eating more calories than you need to maintain (page 69) . OK . apparently I am doing that because I have gained 7 pounds since the start of the program. THEN he mentions if your menstrual cycle becomes unpredictable whereas it was predictable before, that's a sign of under eating (page71) This is me too.

What do I do?
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you clean up your diet then yes you will lose fat quicker because your body processes every bit of nutrition, where as with processed food your body struggles to digest all the 'foreign' ingredients.

My suggestion would be to go by how your clothes feel, if they're loose with a 7lb gain its certainly not fat that's made you gain, and if your periods are usually predictable I'd go see your Dr. If you feel bigger then reassess your activity levels and make sure you're on the right level for you.

Hope this helps.
  • TheFunBun
    Options
    I'm really struggling with eating. I need to clean up my foods.Do you think if I eat better and stick to the plan , I'll lose body fat quicker?

Off to reread the nutrition section.,

ETA:

Alright, I have read several pages and I am extremely confused. I need advice. He says if you gain weight then you are eating more calories than you need to maintain (page 69) . OK . apparently I am doing that because I have gained 7 pounds since the start of the program. THEN he mentions if your menstrual cycle becomes unpredictable whereas it was predictable before, that's a sign of under eating (page71) This is me too.

What do I do?

Yeah, I know when I don't go carb crazy and make an effort to get my protein goals that my average weight goes down.

I'm kind of thinking that you should try and determine what the 7 lbs were. 7 lbs of water weight is totally damn possible. Also, what are you eating at? Not the goal, but your genuine day to day average. And then see if it's similar to what you were eating at before you were irregular after calories burned.

Also, if it is fat 'n muscle, you should be able to estimate how much you're over based on how long you've been on the program and adjust from there..