Options
    FB requests sent :happy:

TIP to self and others out there who try this silly stupid stunt:

Do NOT weigh yourself:
    1. late evening
    2. after 3 meals and 2 snacks
    3. AND pre-TOMS

I almost fainted :sick:

Hey Mary, I added you on FB :). The only reason I don't want to jump on the NROL group on fb is that it will post all over my friends' walls since it's an open group.

And yeah, NOT a good idea sista!
  • danielle5243
    danielle5243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Haven't been in in a little while but I had to report my NSV! Two of my co-workers mentioned that I am really losing weight. (I'm actually not losing anything. I fluctuate with 2 lbs give or take from my starting weight.) But I'm so happy that someone is FINALLY noticing my hard work! When the scale doesn't do much moving it's the only thing I have to keep me motivated! I'm only going to be starting workout 5A from Stage 1, but it makes me soooooo excited to see what kind of changes I can make by the end of the program!

:happy: :happy: :happy: I am a happy heavy lifter today! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not a good idea Mary. My weight was up three pounds in one day from Ovulation and WO water weight.
    Jessica my entire Iife is on FB. TRaining is now a big part of it. My attitude is that the general public can eat crap if they don't like what I post.

YAY finished stage 5!! Felt powerful and couldn't help checking myself out in the mirror. Weird since I had no clean WO clothes and had to put on ugly pants that made me feel ugly. Upped weights and felt strong. Until it was time to do intervals. I tried to do 7mphas my top speed and broke into a coughing fit around 7 minutes. I was running late anyway, so I cut it short and went home.

Now I'm sitting here looking fir stuff to do along the Blue Ridge mtns. Some good stuff that I hope isn't too far from the places we'll be staying. I love hiking though, so I plan to do LOTS of it :)
  • samntha14
    Options
    Haven't been in in a little while but I had to report my NSV! Two of my co-workers mentioned that I am really losing weight. (I'm actually not losing anything. I fluctuate with 2 lbs give or take from my starting weight.) But I'm so happy that someone is FINALLY noticing my hard work! When the scale doesn't do much moving it's the only thing I have to keep me motivated! I'm only going to be starting workout 5A from Stage 1, but it makes me soooooo excited to see what kind of changes I can make by the end of the program!

:happy: :happy: :happy: I am a happy heavy lifter today! :happy: :happy: :happy:
    YAY Danielle!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not a good idea Mary. My weight was up three pounds in one day from Ovulation and WO water weight.
    Jessica my entire Iife is on FB. TRaining is now a big part of it. My attitude is that the general public can eat crap if they don't like what I post.

YAY finished stage 5!! Felt powerful and couldn't help checking myself out in the mirror. Weird since I had no clean WO clothes and had to put on ugly pants that made me feel ugly. Upped weights and felt strong. Until it was time to do intervals. I tried to do 7mphas my top speed and broke into a coughing fit around 7 minutes. I was running late anyway, so I cut it short and went home.

Now I'm sitting here looking fir stuff to do along the Blue Ridge mtns. Some good stuff that I hope isn't too far from the places we'll be staying. I love hiking though, so I plan to do LOTS of it :)

Hahahaha! I'd feel that way about my FB friends if some of them weren't from work!

I've upped my interval speed per the book (stage 4) but I have yet to do it directly after a workout until TODAY. I have to do it today or it won't get done. I'm worried because it's still a struggle when I'm going in fresh with no lifting beforehand (but DOMS that I wouldn't have post lifting). Anyways, I'm up to about 8.7 mph for the minute and don't want to have to drop back down!
  • jnh17
    Options

Heck yes!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    danielle - congrats on the NSV!

manic - your post about weighing yourself made me ROFLMAO. I'm hoping, one of these days, you'll have had enough and just eliminate the scale....it really doesn't make you move "forward" in your strength-evolution, know what I'm saying??

samntha - congrats on finishing Stage 5!! Happens pretty quick moving through NROL4W, eh?

I'm doing NROL4Abs when I'm done NROL4W, but am unsure whether a new "group" is worth it (there might be 4 of us?). I think I'll just post here and try and start some new threads as I move through it....if the group, here, decides the NROL4Abs stuff has to "go elsewhere", then I'll move it!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options

I'm doing NROL4Abs when I'm done NROL4W, but am unsure whether a new "group" is worth it (there might be 4 of us?). I think I'll just post here and try and start some new threads as I move through it....if the group, here, decides the NROL4Abs stuff has to "go elsewhere", then I'll move it!
    I for one will miss you if you go elsewhere! So hope you stay because you have so much knowledge about New Rules plus we'll get to hear how you're getting on with New Rules for Abs.

Does everyone agree!!!!!!!!
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Blah had a mini carb binge, big slab of fruit cake and half a malt loaf...... enjoyed it at the time but now ....... bloat and wind!!!!!
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Blah had a mini carb binge, big slab of fruit cake and half a malt loaf...... enjoyed it at the time but now ....... bloat and wind!!!!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options

I don't know who Rach is.

Rachel Cosgrove- The Female Body Breakthrough

Supposed to be quite good. She's another proponent of lifting for the ladeeez.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Thanks jlhudy! I do seem to have most of that in stock (except mushrooms which are evil), but can't seem to get past adding brown rice/quinoa, soy/rye bread, anything to fill me up and make up my calories on a workout day! I'll get there, it's all a mind game.

Gillee- hope it was a one off!

Beeps- how about just another thread within this group for the NR4abs people?

I'm also on my 2nd round of stage 7 now, I modified it to suit me, so 4 sets of heavy squats instead of 2, and only 3 sets of the 15 rep stuff instead of 4. I increased my weights and it only took 45 mins too. Result!
  • samntha14
    Options
    agreed, just a new thread within this group for the ABS folks. Now to go get the book, may be good reading while away.
  • jnh17
    Options

I don't know who Rach is.

Rachel Cosgrove- The Female Body Breakthrough

Supposed to be quite good. She's another proponent of lifting for the ladeeez.

I bought this last week. Haven't gotten it yet. Interested to see what she has to say and what her program looks like!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I hope you ladies turning to NROL4A stay here and just add a top for Abs. I think I would have to follow you all to the ends of hte earth. I've become quite attached to each of you! FYI, my FB profile is https://www.facebook.com/HDGramma - I warn you that I am a Mafia Wars ADDICT! I suggest the first time you get a game post from me you simply tell FB to never show mafia wars on your wall, unless of course you're an addict too in which case, add me! <G>

I am having one of those days... I woke up early to lift and just did not have the energy to do it. Since it's Friday and I don't have to get up early tomorrow, I might workout when I get home, otherwise I will tomorrow. I am also craving chocolate! Now mind you I am well past TO?M and those cravings, and theoretically I have no hormones to trigger that but I really wanted chocolate, so I compromised and had a S'mores protein bar. That hit the spot and added 20gms of protein as well! Love a 2fer like that.

So I got on the scale this morning. I was expecting to be up a few pounds but cool I stayed exactly the same. I'm not sweating the scale at all right now but I truly would have freaked if I'd put on more than a couple of pounds. This was a pleasant surprise!

I have nothing more newsworthy today, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

That's awesome!
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree! This has become such a great community of women, it would be a shame to lose the connectivity.

I'm tentatively planning on S3 workout A2 today, though I'm still a little gun shy from doing it on Monday. It's my hope to get in two 40 mile bike rides this weekend, so I'm really not sure if I should lift tonight or not. I typically try to lift MWF. But if I have DOMS like I did Tuesday and Wednesday, there's no way I'll be able to get my distance in on the bike (which I need to do no question because I'm doing a 180km bike race at the end of August).

For those who have gone through S3, did you have DOMS every time (I'm thinking it's primarily due to the BWM)? Would you suggest I go two times per week, or am I just being silly?
  • samntha14
    Options
    I had pretty DOMS the first 2 weeks of stage 3 (dang bwm) and only lifted 2 days week, but then it got better and I was able to bang out the rest of the stage no problem. THat's just me though.
  • samntha14
    Options
    <---New bicep pic. Pretty intense especially when I compared it to the others in my album.
  • jnh17
    Options
    <---New bicep pic. Pretty intense especially when I compared it to the others in my album.

I noticed before you said anything lady! NICE!