Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    KMS, that is GREAT progress! I HATE planks, so I admire you picking them for your challenge.
    Samantha, I hope you feel better quick. TOM is a real motivation killer. Just keep going!
    Megan, I hope you're finally getting over your illness. You'll find the energy to workout when your body is ready.

I FINALLY joined the local gym. Now I can go whenever I want and I might try to go tonight and start Stage 5 after the in-laws are gone and the kids are in bed. This gym is even nicer than the other one I was at. They have amazing free weights and tanning is included in the price of the gym (not that I'm into tanning, but it's nice for some people). And they have the same great kids area right next to the weights. And it's a "Ladies only".
    Hope all you US ladies are having a great Thanksgiving and getting to spend some time with loved ones.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Glad you like your new gym, CCG. :) And if you started Stage 5 yesterday after Thanksgiving, I applaud you. LOL. We did Thanksgiving at 1pm, so we all kinda started drinking wine early....I had to get in my HIIT before then. and I did.

Today is my last 2/A workout. I think I may add 15 min HIIT afterwards, even though he doesn't call for it, just to help a little bit with yesterday. Even though I didn't do too badly, actually. I ate well.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! Ours was fantastic! :)
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Beeps, scratch me from the challenge. It just isn't going to happen until my finals are over. I have three tests this week, two the next. Plus I have two take home tests and four online assignments. My sleeping is bad again, and I'm on overload. My workouts are a very bare minimum right now. I don't need feeling like a failure at the challenge on top of it. :-(
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Glad you like your new gym, CCG. :) And if you started Stage 5 yesterday after Thanksgiving, I applaud you. LOL. We did Thanksgiving at 1pm, so we all kinda started drinking wine early....I had to get in my HIIT before then. and I did.

Today is my last 2/A workout. I think I may add 15 min HIIT afterwards, even though he doesn't call for it, just to help a little bit with yesterday. Even though I didn't do too badly, actually. I ate well.

My last 2A today too and very chuffed by two blokes who asked "are you training for a competition? Cos that's really heavy weights there!"
    I then did a 25 min run and then rode my horse for an hour - feel pooped now!
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    mermegan - tough for me to feel "badly" for you, what with vacation last week and Florida this week....so, I'm not feeling too badly for you! I'm sure you'll enjoy your Thanksgiving and go KILL IT next week!

You really should feel bad for me. Sick last week and in Florida with my in-laws from hell :) I brought all my workout stuff and did not have a moment to do anything. Good thing though is that despite doing a lot of guesstimating on calories and not exercising, I dropped a pound. Guess my body—and mind—needed a break!

Now BEEPS, it's time for you to not feel badly for me again, because I'm leaving for Vegas this weekend. Today is a 9-year anniversary and my birthday is Monday so we're off for a very quick celebration (4 hour drive from us)

Hope everyone is having a great week/Thanksgiving! I feel out of the loop not reading the boards for a week!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options

My last 2A today too and very chuffed by two blokes who asked "are you training for a competition? Cos that's really heavy weights there!"
    I then did a 25 min run and then rode my horse for an hour - feel pooped now!

Holy cow! I didn't do anything other than the weights today. I was going to do some HIIT, but DH and DD were waiting on me for family movie night. :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Did not get the workout in last night. Or today. Was just too pooped from cooking and cleaning. Oh well. Maybe this weekend, but definitely Monday.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    Jessica - I'll scratch you....I agree that ANY ADDED STRESS is just a BAD IDEA!

I had to teach this morning, so didn't get in ANY exercise, today! But, my oldest son is coming for a visit after work, tonight, so I'm totally excited to get a visit in with him!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Beeps.

Have a great visit!
  • livlovra
    Options
    Point to ME this week!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Jessica sorry for all the stress...it sounds like you have a lot on your plate!

I did not get on board for this challenge but I do like seeing how you all are doing!

two more workouts and then the AMRAPs for level one. I am not sure if I will take time off or not. we'll see. Should coincide reasonably well with my monthly measuring so I can see how much lost throughout the first stage.

IF seems to workout pretty well for me but it has not yet been a week so we will see. I am going to give it a good go with a 10 hour feeding window. trying to continue to tweak my food and then last meals to get me through the whole morning until noon. some days have been better than others. How are the rest of you doing with it?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    Well, I blew IF yesterday....and ended up late-night snacking and eating OFF-LIMIT items, too! But, it was all worthwhile - got to watch a movie with my son and his gf after my littler ones went to bed.

So, I'm happy.

And, we had take-out chinese food, today....watching the Grey Cup this afternoon. Overall, I'd say this weekend is a write-off.

But, END-OF-MONTH measurements and photos are only ONE WEEK away, so I'm REALLY going to have to be GOLDEN this week!

I LIKE today as a rest day....I needed it.

Point goes to "ME" this week - I did put in my push-up work....even though I haven't progressed, at all, this week, lol.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - point goes to NEW. :( Bleh. I hubby got a new job and is working ALL the time, so I didn't have a chance to run (I have a 3-year old). Oh well.

I also feel like I've gained a ton. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm afraid to look. I've done OK every day except for Thanksgiving day where I went nuts with chocolate chip cookies. I'm definitely retaining water...bleh!!!

Megan - Happy Birthday! I'm quite jealous of your Vegas trip. My 42nd birthday was on Saturday. Go Sag!!

Congrats to all who got their points this week! That's real dedication during the holidays!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting - I've been doing it for a week now and I'm pretty sure I'm NOT doing it right in terms of what I'm eating. I'm basically just eating during the "eat" window and fasting during the fast period. I would like to focus on my macros now and lowering my carbs and whatnot on certain days. Does anyone else doing IF feel very full? I feel very full, even when I'm within my calories.
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting - I've been doing it for a week now and I'm pretty sure I'm NOT doing it right in terms of what I'm eating. I'm basically just eating during the "eat" window and fasting during the fast period. I would like to focus on my macros now and lowering my carbs and whatnot on certain days. Does anyone else doing IF feel very full? I feel very full, even when I'm within my calories.

You'll adjust to more food in a shorter time. Andy from rippedbody.jp says it takes about 2 weeks and that was true for me. I wish I felt that full now!! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Trying to get back on strict IF this week. Going from East Coast time back to Pacific time made IF very hard the past couple days but I'm finally adjusting. I'm so ready to get back to normal food and lifting. Don't think my weight is up but I feel gross. Really wish I was done with stage 3 but I fell behind. I'm ready for stage 4!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm just home from my Thanksgiving weekend with the kids out in Ohio. I have to get to bed now, and I'll catch up tomorrow but I did not do well with the challenge out there.

So this week, pt to NEW, but I'm back on track again.

Nite all, talk to you tomorrow!
  • livlovra
    Options

You'll adjust to more food in a shorter time. Andy from rippedbody.jp says it takes about 2 weeks and that was true for me. I wish I felt that full now!! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Trying to get back on strict IF this week. Going from East Coast time back to Pacific time made IF very hard the past couple days but I'm finally adjusting. I'm so ready to get back to normal food and lifting. Don't think my weight is up but I feel gross. Really wish I was done with stage 3 but I fell behind. I'm ready for stage 4!

I'm not officially doing IF but it seems to work out that way anyway. i just can't miss my breakfast but usually I work out first so actually I still seem to have a feeding window about the same as you all doing IF just not in the evenings. So typical day goes like this

wake at 7
    gym 7.30 - 8.30 approx
    get to work 8.45
    protein shake 9am
    then big bowl of porridge with berries, chia seeds, flax seeds and raspberries
    1pm lunch, typically salmon fillet, salad and a piece of fruit
    1.30 go riding for an hour and/or walk the dogs
    5pm dinner - anything from home made beans to turkey stir fry or baked fish (no wheat!)

nothing to eat after 5.30
    occasionally I'll have a G & T with hubby when he gets home but certainly not every night.
    and repeat

so that's and 8.5 hour eating window
    Cos I eat with the kids I tend to eat early and now my body is used to it and I don't get hungry again later.
    Weekends however things all go to pot! Tend to have a few more drinks and with hubby around we eat a bit later and I don't gym but I do ride and walk the dogs so still get in the phys just not so strict on the food side.

Oh and finished Stage 2 this morning! I am so ready for stage 3.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options

I am not really paying attention to my macros either. I need to do that more. And I, also, am so full! LOL But I am noticing a difference. It's hard to explain, but I know my tummy is flatter, and I like that a lot!

Glad to see so many points going to ME this week! Yay us!

I finish Stage 2 this afternoon. I'll post my stats once I've finished. Already looking forward to Stage 3! It looks like more arm work than leg work which makes me happy. At least 3/A does. I haven't studied all of it yet.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

I too need to work on focusing on my macros more. I figure I will give it a couple of weeks doing IF then start really focusing on tweaking it. I am trying to eat a boiled egg or two before going to bed to help keep me full in the morning. the high carbs on TD and the higher fats on RD is tougher for me. I tend to eat the same things day-to-day with dinner being the main change up so this is a little tougher. just a little more planning...
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Back in the gym today! woohoo!!! Feeling a LOT better, but not perfect so couldn't up a lot of my weights. And one of my antibiotics makes me uber nauseous which def affects the workouts...but this was my first workout in a week! It was my second Stage 2 A workout - I def like it better than B.

NEW for me last week since I didn't work out at all, but I promise to kill it (as much as my body will allow this week).

Good luck to everyone trying IF!