May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm practically on cloud nine today! Last night I felt my little gummy bear baby moving and grooving! That feeling will never get old.

It's shocking to me how high the baby is this time. Everything was hiding behind my bellybutton at the last appointment - I wanna know where all my organs disappeared to so quick! I saw a picture of myself on FB from when I was about 7 months pregnant last time - and my baby bump is almost that big already! Yikes!

Also, my Motherhood order came in yesterday and amazingly, everything I bought fits like a glove. I may need to hem my jeans by a few inches (I'm only 5'4) but they look cute and my 18 year old sister said "Dang! I wish they made those without the belly band! I want a pair!" So yeah - last night was overall very exciting!

Awesome for you! I still think I feel movement from time to time, but not consistently. I'm still only 14.5 weeks, so that's to be expected. But I totally get the bump thing. At my last doctor's appt almost 2 weeks ago, they found the heartbeat low on my pelvis, but I feel like my uterus actually goes up to my belly button! I feel like I look 17 or 18 weeks, if not more.

That's great that your clothes fit nicely, too! Are you going to start wearing them right away or wait a bit?
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm practically on cloud nine today! Last night I felt my little gummy bear baby moving and grooving! That feeling will never get old.

It's shocking to me how high the baby is this time. Everything was hiding behind my bellybutton at the last appointment - I wanna know where all my organs disappeared to so quick! I saw a picture of myself on FB from when I was about 7 months pregnant last time - and my baby bump is almost that big already! Yikes!

Also, my Motherhood order came in yesterday and amazingly, everything I bought fits like a glove. I may need to hem my jeans by a few inches (I'm only 5'4) but they look cute and my 18 year old sister said "Dang! I wish they made those without the belly band! I want a pair!" So yeah - last night was overall very exciting!

How many weeks are you?
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Im do May 27th! Im freaking out, because with my daughter who is now 9 years old I had gained 90 pounds! and so far i gained 15! my OB is yelling at me :( so I need SUPPORT!!! especially from you girls who are going through this pregnancy with me! My name is Katherine

Hey there! Welcome, and congratulations! I am due May 25th, so I'm right there with you. I gained 65 when my son was born (he'll be 2 in January), and I've gained somewhere between 10 and 15 lbs. My OB didn't weigh me at my first appointment, though, so I guess they count from the 12-week appointment going forward? Frankly she didn't care that much what I gained the first time, only how quickly I gained from appointment to appointment.

But anyway, we are here if you need us!

Edited to add that my name is Rebecca. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    question...Is there a way to get notifications or an easier way to have discussions here without scrolling??? lots and lots of scrolling???lol.... PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS!!! It will be much easier for me <3
  • RBXChas
    Options
    question...Is there a way to get notifications or an easier way to have discussions here without scrolling??? lots and lots of scrolling???lol.... PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS!!! It will be much easier for me <3

I wish - you just have to check back on the threads :ohwell:
  • speshell4
    Options

What style of jeans did you get. I so need a pair. My normal jeans are just not working anymore
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

When you go to the "Community" Tab from your homepage there are 5 options to click on:

>Home
    >Recent Posts
    >My Topics
    >Settings
    >Search

I always go to My Topics and then click the "view" link that shows who commented last. That will take you to the most recent comment on the thread. And Welcome!!

By the way, I'm 15 weeks and 4 days. I didn't expect to feel baby this soon - but after a bowl of frosted flakes last night the sugar must have gotten to him or her because there was defintely wigglnig going on in there. With my first I didn't feel it til about 18 weeks, but it's unmistakable! I let out a little yelp when I felt it and I think I scared him or her a little bit. Hoping to feel it again soon!

Also - I'm wearing a new dress today and have had several coworkers come up to me and say "I didn't know you were expecting!" so it's defintely getting obvious. And I'm not sure which jeans they are - I'll check the brand tonight.

Night all!
  • speshell4
    Options
    Over the last few days it does not matter what I eat or how much I eat I am STARVING!!!! Not just grab a few almonds hungry, but i can't seem to eat enough stomach making noses in meetings hungry!!! I am eating protien and all of my calories if not more. WHAT GIVES
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Over the last few days it does not matter what I eat or how much I eat I am STARVING!!!! Not just grab a few almonds hungry, but i can't seem to eat enough stomach making noses in meetings hungry!!! I am eating protien and all of my calories if not more. WHAT GIVES

Yeah, I went from eating to stave off nausea to being STARVING all the time! I could literally eat continuously, all day long. Not necessarily unhealthy foods, either, but it is NOT helping with my weight gain!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    OOH, movement! Congratulations! I keep hoping I'll feel it soon, but I'm still only 17 weeks today and it's my first. I keep thinking that maybe I've felt something, but it has also felt like it could be gas and so I'm never sure. I love the word for the first time you feel the baby: quickening. It's very medieval. To be "quick" meant to be alive.

There were baptisms at my church last week and I was practically in tears about how cute those babies were and how I'll be in those mothers' places before too long! I had my midwife appointment today and heard the heartbeart. Next week is the anatomy scan, for which I'm pretty excited! And then it's off to Turkey for our honeymoon/babymoon. I'm scared that none of my clothes will fit me by the end of the trip!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Tonight my sister and I are having a girls' night out - last week her husband and my husband went to see Skyfall (which I really want to see and my sister kind of does), so we're taking this Saturday for ourselves. We're going out to eat somewhere and then catching a movie. I'm so excited! I haven't been to the movies since my 30th birthday (May 2010), which was a good while before my son was born (um, about 9 months...). I'm hoping we'll see Skyfall, but if not, I'm just happy to be out and going to the movies. My husband and I try to go out to eat at least once a month, but we have yet to go to the movies. It's just so dang expensive, and there are so few movies I feel compelled to see on the big screen.

Even if we don't see Skyfall, I might try to skip out of work one day and go see it by myself (or convince my husband to skip out with me and see it again). We'd have to find a slow day to do it, but as Christmas approaches, I bet we can do it!

Anyone else have any good Saturday night plans?
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    RBX - hope you had a fun girls night! I get to go to a "salads and sweets" Christmas party tomorrow night AND next Tuesday I'm going to a ladies late night dinner with some other young mommies in our community. I haven't had a girls night in a long time so I'm excited.

I'm still suffering from this headache... it's been since the week before Thanksgving - and if it doesn't go away soon I'm going to call my family doctor to see if anything else might be going on... I used to get migraines in high school, but haven't had one in years. I'm trying caffiene, increased water, tylenol, ice packs on my neck, stretching... my last "self help" attempt will be to cut out sugar and see if after 2 or 3 days the pain lessens at all, but that is going to suck (especially during the holidays and with pregnancy cravings).

How's everyone else?
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Sorry you are still dealing with headaches. I'm sure that is no fun! Mine come and go. Today I had one, but I had to run to court at the last second to deal with some hearings because my husband suddenly came down with a stomach bug (again), so I didn't get a morning snack and was starving. Once I got a bit of caffeine in me and some food and water, I was better.

We did end up going to see Skyfall, which was AWESOME!!! I'm a big James Bond fan anyway, but we enjoyed it. We had Japanese beforehand, which I haven't had in a while, and then the movie started close to 8:30 (it's a 2.5-hour movie). I was so tired by the end, but it was worth staying up for.

The only downside was that some lady brought in her toddler with her, and the little girl kept making noises during the movie that were really distracting (not crying, just random toddler noises). We felt so bad for the little girl but were making jokes between us that we totally could have made it a big family outing and brought all of our kids!

Seriously, I don't know what people are thinking. One is not entitled to go to a movie, and definitely not so much so that one should bring a child to a very violent and sexually suggestive movie. Heck, I hadn't been to the movies in 2.5 years! Had I not had a child, I'm sure it wouldn't have been every weekend, but certainly I would have gone more frequently than that.
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options

We did end up going to see Skyfall, which was AWESOME!!! I'm a big James Bond fan anyway, but we enjoyed it. We had Japanese beforehand, which I haven't had in a while, and then the movie started close to 8:30 (it's a 2.5-hour movie). I was so tired by the end, but it was worth staying up for.

Ha - I'm the same -- I can't be out past my 'bedtime' these days or I go catatonic. Glad you liked Skyfall! I saw that a few weeks ago and thought it was fun too - loved seeing Javier Bardem in a creepy role.

Got my NT & blood results back and all is well - odd are 1 in 2,000, so we're going to skip further testing. Nice to have that off the list. I do want to gripe about insurance deductibles though -- my current group plan resets it's deductible every January 1st - and even though it's completely normal, I find it incredibly annoying this year - hard to say goodbye to all that money 'towards deductible' on 12/31.

Anyways - what's everyone snacking on these days? I am NEVER without a bag of raw almonds and dried cranberries in my purse. Other than that, I seem to be having a vegetarian pregnancy so far (can't stomach meat) so I'm grateful to greek yogurt for my protein.

Enjoy the day!
  • RBXChas
    Options

Ha - I'm the same -- I can't be out past my 'bedtime' these days or I go catatonic. Glad you liked Skyfall! I saw that a few weeks ago and thought it was fun too - loved seeing Javier Bardem in a creepy role.

Got my NT & blood results back and all is well - odd are 1 in 2,000, so we're going to skip further testing. Nice to have that off the list. I do want to gripe about insurance deductibles though -- my current group plan resets it's deductible every January 1st - and even though it's completely normal, I find it incredibly annoying this year - hard to say goodbye to all that money 'towards deductible' on 12/31.

Anyways - what's everyone snacking on these days? I am NEVER without a bag of raw almonds and dried cranberries in my purse. Other than that, I seem to be having a vegetarian pregnancy so far (can't stomach meat) so I'm grateful to greek yogurt for my protein.

Enjoy the day!

I am loving Greek yogurt and try to make sure I have that on hand. Obviously I can't keep it in my purse, but I make sure I have extra in the fridge at work. (We have a small office, so no one steals food here.)

As much as I complain about my insurance, the one thing we did right was have the turnover happen on the renewal, not on the calendar year. (We were given a choice.) This time my deductible starts over on August 1st, which means that all of the crap I've had to pay with this pregnancy so far and two sick visits plus antibiotics with my son means that the birth will definitely eat up the deductible (and then some), so we'll have free medical care for me, my son, and the new baby until 7/31/13 :happy:

Otherwise, BCBS did us right with free flu shots (no deductible or co-pay). My husband has the flu right now, and both my son and I, who've had our flu shots, have been fine so far. I'm hoping it stays that way, but right now we are poster children for the flu shot. My husband had not yet gotten his. He doesn't like shots, so unless he gets it when I get mine, he tends to not bother getting it.

Edited to add that I'm glad your NT results were good!!!
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, just joined the group! I'm due on May 31 so I'm 14+5 today. I just started tracking on MFP again yesterday because I felt like I was gaining weight too fast and I've been eating like crap, using pregnancy as an excuse, which I told myself I'd never do. I'm 5'11 and started at 151.4lbs, as of Sunday I was 160.0. I'm really aiming to keep my gain to 25-30lbs and I've got a long way to go so I need to keep it under control! My goal is to not exceed 180lbs. The 5lb tub of choco chip cookie dough I got at Costco hasn't been helping (cooked of course)...:blushing:

This is our first baby (3rd pregnancy) and I'm so excited to be this far along and forming a little bump for the first time ever! I've had practically no adverse symptoms so I've maintained my 4 days a week at the gym since the beginning, and I've been working on fitting more walks in so I'm doing a little bit of something every day. Healthier eating started on Monday.

I just wanted to drop in and say hello! :flowerforyou:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hi ladies, just joined the group! I'm due on May 31 so I'm 14+5 today. I just started tracking on MFP again yesterday because I felt like I was gaining weight too fast and I've been eating like crap, using pregnancy as an excuse, which I told myself I'd never do. I'm 5'11 and started at 151.4lbs, as of Sunday I was 160.0. I'm really aiming to keep my gain to 25-30lbs and I've got a long way to go so I need to keep it under control! My goal is to not exceed 180lbs. The 5lb tub of choco chip cookie dough I got at Costco hasn't been helping (cooked of course)...:blushing:

This is our first baby (3rd pregnancy) and I'm so excited to be this far along and forming a little bump for the first time ever! I've had practically no adverse symptoms so I've maintained my 4 days a week at the gym since the beginning, and I've been working on fitting more walks in so I'm doing a little bit of something every day. Healthier eating started on Monday.

I just wanted to drop in and say hello! :flowerforyou:

Hi there! Welcome and congratulations!

I am due on May 26th, so I'm right there with you. I have gained 15 pounds (it was closer to 10 before Thanksgiving, ugh). This is my second, and I definitely can't wear any of my old clothes, and though I have a little bump it's not big enough to really warrant maternity clothes yet :frown: How are you handling clothes? Do you still fit into your old clothes? Have you moved to maternity clothes yet?

My sister and I had both lost a bunch of weight (she lost about 90 pounds, I lost 82) using MFP over a chunk of 2011 and early 2012, but since she was usually running a size behind me as we shrunk, I gave her a lot of the clothes I had shrunk out of. As such, I don't have a lot of bigger clothes and am wearing the same things over and over and over until I can wear maternity clothes. Last night she had me over to her house where we went through her closet, so I have more clothes now. I'm not sure if they will work yet since the bulk of my weight gain has been my belly, waist, and boobs, but we'll see! I'm just glad to have some more options.

That's awesome that you've been able to keep working out! Honestly I have had zero energy up until a couple of weeks ago, so I went from working out 4-6x/week to maybe once. This week I had started my December challenge, which was to work out 3x/week, and I have worked out once... I'd wanted to walk/jog at night, but my husband has had the flu, which means if our son wakes up, I have to be around since I don't want my husband getting our son sick.

And yes, that tub of cookie dough at Costco is HORRIBLE. We bought that once and never did it again. My husband loves raw cookie dough (so do I, but he can eat a bowl of it as a dessert), and we did actually make some cookies. However, most of it got eaten raw (not while I was pregnant). I don't think I could handle having that in my fridge and not being able to eat it raw!
  • speshell4
    Options
    random question-
    I wil be 14 wks tom. I have gained about 3 lbs so far. My belly is not that big yet. i still wear non-maternity clothes and sleep on my belly.
    Could I still wear a non maternity shaper? I want to wear a dress to the christmas party tonight but I need the shaper or the dress looks a mess.
    Could I hurt the baby if I wear it?

Please don't judge me. I don't want to spend the $$$ on a new dress :)
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    Okay - This is kind of embarassing but I need advice ladies...

You know that I've been feeling under the weather with the headaches, but this morning I blacked out. It was only momentarily, but it was scary none the less.

I was in the office restroom and stood up (I don't think I stood up too fast, but maybe?) and the next thing I remember I hit my shoulder and head on the door of the stall. It startled me awake and I grabbed onto the top of the door with my hands to stay vertical beccause my legs were not supporting my body. (Now, if it wasn't so scary the funny part would be I hadn't gotten my pants pulled up yet).

I couldn't have blacked out for more than a second or two - and it took me about 45 seconds for my legs to support my body (I couldn't feel anything - one of my shoes had fallen off when I fell and I didn't even notice).

My husband thinks I must have cut circulation off to my sciatic nerve? That would explain why I couldn't feel one of my legs - but not both? And why would I have blacked out?? Anyway- here's where I'm looking for advice. If this happened to you and you had been experiencing severe headaches for the last few weeks would you call your doctor? Could it be gestational diabetes?

Thanks in advance...

PS speshell4 - I'd avoid the shaper (especially if its not just spandex) but you know your body and baby will let you know if they need more room (you'll feel sqished or uncomfortable). If I were you I'd just grab a pair of maternity panty hose by Asset. They are $15-20 but they shape everything except the baby bump. I wear them under all my work skirts/dresses.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    random question-
    I wil be 14 wks tom. I have gained about 3 lbs so far. My belly is not that big yet. i still wear non-maternity clothes and sleep on my belly.
    Could I still wear a non maternity shaper? I want to wear a dress to the christmas party tonight but I need the shaper or the dress looks a mess.
    Could I hurt the baby if I wear it?

Please don't judge me. I don't want to spend the $$$ on a new dress :)

Good for you on such a small gain! I wish I could say that I had gained so little, but I'm ok with it :smile:

Like mormonmomma, I would probably recommend maternity pantyhose instead of a shaper, but if you can wear the shaper and don't feel squished at all in it (in any position, seated, standing, leaning over), I would say fine. I don't think it's selfish or anything like that. I just think about how I feel (which sounds like I'm showing more than you are, but still), and putting pressure on that area in regular, albeit bigger, pants is uncomfortable. I would get the pantyhose as a backup, since you can always use them later.