Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Nadiataha
    Nadiataha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I started my second attempt at this program a few weeks ago, and am now up to Stage 1, workout 6B today and feeling good.

Last time I got halfway through Stage II and then stopped for what was, for a change, a very good reason.

Now I'm back at it and I actually am stronger than last time, and last time I felt great. I started at the beginning again.

I recently went back through my MFP records to see some of the differences in what I did then (starting April or May) and now. I was following the -300 calorie fat loss diet and was not seeing the improvements in size and physique I did last time.
    That really helped because I learned that I had been actually eating even less the previous time, and that I had been going a little heavier on the lunges and step-ups, although I'm going heavier now on everything else. This seems really significant because I am a pear-shaped lady, and while my upper body is coming along beautifully, my hips and thighs aren't showing the same definition they did last time. So I'm jumping up a lot on the step-ups and lunges and so far it's been fine.

The other thing I decided to do was start doing the cardio intervals after every other workout now instead of waiting for stage 2.

Anyway, happy Friday to you all and good luck!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,977 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Nadia! sounds like you are making good progress - good for you!

Today, I lift!

:smile:
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    hmmm.... I wrote a lovely little post yesterday....

Hope it tasted good MFP :laugh:

Anyway I have done 2nd workouts in Stage 3 and I love this stage! I am lifting more weight, even on the single leg DLs. I haven't put weight to the single leg partial squats yet, though I think I might next time. My only issue is getting through the BWM. OMG! I have yet to do the full 2 reps without totally collapsing and having to rest and catch my breath!

I will confess that despite loving this stage, today's workout was a huge struggle. I woke up with no energy and it carried right on through the workout. I didn't give up, but I really struggled, I have to say. Planks seemed ridiculously difficult today, much more so than other days, and my balance on the squats and sntach was really crappy. Not my best workout by any strecth of the imagination.

...and I'm doing more of the shoulder/back exercises so I am going to get the point again this week Beeps - I know I'm early but I really like doing them! The swiss ball ones have to be done when I"m home but all the others I do all day long and as the vid says "I sit on my sits bone" (she cracks me up every time she says that!) instead of slouching as much as I used to!

Welcome back Nadia! Glad to meet you!

Jennie in my last message (that was eaten by MFP) I said the same thing everyone else has said. You'll get back to it. You're not doing nothing, you're just not doing this program. So what? You'll either decide you want to do it again or you'll move onto something new to challenge yourself. The fact that you are still working out, even while not feeling motivated speaks volumes about your commitment to yourself. I :heart: your dedication!

Sending Merry holiday wishes to you all. When I get home tonight after work, I am headed out to Ohio for a fun long holiday weekend. I'll try to stop in here and say hello ho ho ho! Doubtful that I'll get any lifting in, but I will use the elliptical at the kids home so all won't be lost!

Have fun!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Holiday wishes to you, too, sue!!!! Be proud that, despite having little energy, etc., you STILL just got in your work-out. To me, THAT is what demonstrates the difference between 'winners' and 'losers'. Winners SHOW UP. Losers DON'T.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got my lifting in! It was a L-O-N-G session today (because, I think, there was lots of single body movements...when you have to "repeat" on the other side, d-u-h, it takes MORE TIME!). And, it was A LOT of upper-body work....I can feel my torso, today!

I am 0.2 lbs from my 2012 goal weight. I think it's gonna be good!

I am *so* looking forward to 2013!! Here are the exciting (lifting) things on my 2013 horizon:

1. I won't be a "newbie" anymore! Goodbye "rookie-land", hello "weight-lifting veteran"!
    2. I have gotten (some) of my push-ups down to the floor - so, for 2013, I'll get them ALL DOWN THERE!
    3. I am going to be able to do unassisted pull-ups/chin-ups - just WAIT AND SEE!!

Oh my goodness, 2013 is LOOKING GOOD!

How about you?? Tell me what (fitness) goals you're going to complete in 2013!!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

Beeps - those are great goals. I'll have to think a bit more on mine.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I probably won't be here much over the next week. Today is my last day at work until Jan 2. and we'll be pretty busy over the break.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Jennie - I forgot to comment on your weight loss (congrats!) despite being in a funk. I totally agree with what everyone is saying. Take a break. I'm impressed you actually did the elliptical for an hour. But don't stress if you don't get a workout in. I think that's the tough part -- stressing and feeling guilty when we miss a workout or have a bad eating day. I'm totally guilty of that. Enjoy the holidays with your family!

Sue - Glad you're loving Stage 3. I had a love/hate relationship with it. And I think I only did both BWMs maybe 3 times. Oops!! :) Like Beeps, I'm ALWAYS on a time crunch with my workouts due to work/family/etc.

Beeps - .2 lbs away from your goal weight is incredible! Now you're getting me pumped up for 2013! :) I have to mull over my fitness goals. :)

Nadia - welcome back!

I had a bad day yesterday. Didn't run, which means I will not get my point this week (needed to run yesterday, today, and Sunday). Ate a bunch of junk that I didn't even log I was so embarassed. And I was just feeling down about various things in my life.... But I'm feeling MUCH MUCH better today. I got in a good lifting session AND a run afterward. It is truly amazing how exercise affects my mood.

And an NSV: 15lb Cuban snatches! The last few reps were tough, but I eeked them out. I think I started with 5 or 8 lbs back in Stage 2. I can really tell I'm stronger in everything. It's pretty awesome.

-Kathy
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Still sick. BLAH!!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Is Christmas over yet???

This is awful, but I'll be so glad when it is! I'm ready to start this new way of eating and get back on a program.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Jessica, I know a lot of people who share your feelings for Christmas. I think we get so busy trying to make it to all the parties and buying gifts, it becomes more stressfull than it should. I will be glad to get away from the treats, etc. It does make it harder to stick to healthy eating.
    Samantha, I hope you feel better quick! Workout 4A today. Hopefully 4B sometime this week. I know I haven't lost much this stage, if any, but I've made some nice strength gains.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Welp, point goes to NEW this week. I did my long run today, but not enough running during the week. That's OK though...happy to have at least completed the long run.

Debating on doing Stage 4A tomorrow. I have two more workouts, then on to Stage 5!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi All, just checking in after not posting for ages :)

I'm half way through Stage 3 and loving it. I've had a couple of injuries which have slowed me down a bit but apart from that going well. I'm still training for the Oxfam 100k fundraising walk in April, so doing a huge amount of walking and hill climbing in preparation.

I'm going to try to get NRoL4W finished by the end of March as I'm having a hysterectomy directly after the Oxfam walk (like 2 days later) and suspect that it's going to be tricky and require cutting rather than a laparoscopy. So no lifting for a minimum 6 weeks after that....

Weight wise I'm below my Christmas goal, so pretty happy...and loving my muscles!

I'm in New Zealand, and it's 8pm Christmas Eve here. So wishing you all a fabulously happy and healthy and loving day. :)
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    NEW unfortunately last week. Final push so will make a real effort this week.

Did my first 10km race yesterday in mud and driving rain and an ascent of 200m over the route! Was thrilled we both came in together and bang in the middle of our age class. 60.15 mins!! Woop woop. My legs hurt today tho. x
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kmsai - I don't have one point (I think from last week....) recorded, so you are sitting at "3" for ME and "2" for NEW....if you can tell me where your 6th point goes, I'll update the chart.

livlovra - same with you - I don't have one point recorded, so you are sitting at "2" for ME" and "3" for NEW....if you can tell me where your 6th point goes, I'll update the chart.

MY POINT GOES TO "ME" THIS WEEK!

I expect many posters won't be reporting in this week.....but just the same, I'll report 7 WEEK CHALLENGE results (on Wednesday) and then we can FINISH IT OFF NEXT WEEK!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    7 - WEEK CHALLENGE.

THIS IS WEEK 7 IN THE 7 WEEK CHALLENGE!

It's tough, in between holiday gatherings, and such - to get in REGULAR WORK-OUTS....never mind the "challenge" kind.

But, that's OKAY! We are WEIGHT-TRAINING, here....not for sissies....and I'm STILL going to challenge you to get in your EXTRA WORK as we push towards 2013!!
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Beeps the other point goes to ME - so at least I am even pegging at the mo. Determined to tip the balance this week tho!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Awesome, livlovra - thanks!

I made it to the gym, got my lifting in, but TOTALLY forgot about my "push-up progress"....so, didn't do it.

:sad:

Anyway, I'll try and get it in W/F so the 7-week-challenge point can still go to "me"!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you FABULOUS NROL4W lifters!

YOU ROCK THIS JOINT!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone!

Point to ME!

Got a small lifting session and some HIIT in yesterday. Just squats (120 lbs! Yay!) and some pushups. Eating everything "bad" today and tomorrow. Not going to stress.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope you had an awesome Christmas, holiday or day off work as the case may be! I decided not to stress or log for 2 days. Got on the scale and decided I needed to flush myself with lots of water - 3.5lbs of water weight this morning! Too much alcohol and sodium! Headed to the gym for a full-on workout later :)