Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• sirluck
    sirluck Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree, Penny. I think an easy to use app on the a smartphone makes all the difference in the world. It's just too hard to run to a computer all the time. Being able to post in just a few seconds is a luxury. The app from Weight Watchers was decent, but they cut you off if you don't keep paying. This one's a dream come true!
    Good luck, Stephan. I have about that much to lose too. 2 lbs a week and we're both done in less than a year!
    Jwerring, I know! It's amazing how you lie to yourself all day long about how much you're eating. Every successful diet plan out there requires a food diary because it's human nature to believe what you want to. Only cold, hard facts from a diary help.
    AuntLisa, what is pcos? My wife had gastric bypass years ago. It can give you a great headstart and improve your health, but most start regaining after the first year if they don't get disciplined. That's where my wife is at now. She's trying real hard to lose. She's been doing great over the last 6 months, but I suspect she's trying to go ultra low calorie right now and I'm afraid she'll put her body into starvation mode (she's cold all day long, that's a clear sign of calorie deficiency).
    IreneAdler, are you an epileptic? Your diet is so interesting, it deserves it's own section.
  • jennifersue88
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Jennifer, I live in the North East, near Youngstown... Ive been a member on here for a while, but I've never really gotten "into" it other than tracking my food and weightloss. I'm a mother to 3, 2 boys and a girl... 4 if you count my boyfriend :) I've lost 80+ pounds since June 2011 when my ex husband and I decided to get a divorce. I'm hoping to lose another 40-50lbs :)
  • sirluck
    sirluck Posts: 14
    Options
    welcome, Jennifer. Congrats on that amazing weight loss!
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm Kyra, from C-bus, living in Dayton. Lost 78 pounds and maintaining. Love to do 5Ks, trying to train for half marathon (its been a slooow train!). Please feel free to add me!
  • mslilmack
    mslilmack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Lilly . I live I Westerville . Just joined MFP . I lost 30lbs last year but managed to regain 15 lbs by not exercising proving that at this stage of the game (I will be 54 in March) it is imperative to exercise along with eating healthy. Hoping to make some friends and have some fun on this journey. Here's to success in 2013! :)
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live near Akron, OH, lived here my entire life. My husband wants to move down south or out west, but this is home to me and my daughter. Just not quite ready for that yet! I HATE winter, so one day I expect to move. But for now, here I am. Would love to meet some MFP-ers in my area!
  • sljohn84
    sljohn84 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live near Youngstown, OH. Hating this snow, cant wait for the weekend to be a little warmer haha. I have a 8 yr old son about to be 9 and a wonderful husband. I just started keeping track on here again and hoping to stick with it this time! Looking forward to meeting some MFP-ers in my area as well :) Add me if youd like!
  • Cincybuckfan
    Options
    Hello all I am from the Greater Cincinnati area.
  • imjustvalerie
    imjustvalerie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Valerie. I live in S. Euclid, work in downtown Cleveland. I'm 33, and a newlywed. i have a 9 year old son, an american bulldog (named sugar) and three cats... yea - its a full house. My weight has fluctuated since i was a teenager.. Ive lost and gained and lost and gained... now it's time to lose for good.

This site is really great, and the support is awesome.
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm from the Cincinnati area. I got serious about losing April 2012. Since then, I'm down 55 pounds and have 24 to go till I hit the top of my healthy weight goal / BMI. I love MFP and am so glad a friend told me about it. I'm a wife, mom and working girl. I've found that I love to run and am looking forward to my first 5K, but a little nervous about it, too. Not sure if I'm ready, but there's two that I've read about - one in March and another in April. Hmmm...

Good luck to everyone!
  • zennjenn78
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Jennifer and I signed up for a membership sometime last year and then did nothing lol. So here I am, finally getting into it. I live in Westerville, a suburb of Columbus, with my husband and daughter. We are pretty busy but I think having an app as well as a sight on the computer will keep me accountable for my weightloss....So good luck everyone!!:bigsmile: Oh Also I quit smoking last year, so now that I can finally breathe I'm ready to go!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Lisa from the Cleveland area. I have been an MFP member for quite sometime and just decided to introduce myself :) I have lost 19 lbs. Took a hiatus over the last few months but now I'm back and very motivated! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I wish you all success in your venture!
  • NewJack718
    NewJack718 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Whats going on? Friends call me B or New-Jack!! I'm from Cleveland, but I live in Columbus unfortunately!!
    Looking for new friends, with a since of humor, and secrets to success in the gym, get at me!!
  • kberg74
    Options
    Hi I am Kristi im from the columbus area, i joined MFP in may under a different account. thru lifes trials and tribulations i got away from MFP and came back the beginning of this month. I started out strong, became weak and now am trying to regain my motivation. being overweight "fat" most of my life has taken a toll on me emotionally and physically. I really want to stick to the program and hit my goals. i would like some new "friends" to keep me motivated, I have one that has stuck by my side from the beginning.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi all on this cold day.UGGG! I am Lisa, was born and raised in Lima. Now live in Wapakoneta and i am here for the long haul.
  • Cryssiejank
    Options
    Howdy! I'm from Toledo, I'm an LST student at University of Toledo. Just trying to find motivation.
  • Sheakat
    Sheakat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy and live in West Chester. We moved here close to 7 years ago from the Pittsburgh Area. I work in Kenwood, and have been trying MFP out for a little while. I sure could use motivation and support!
  • zlodwiro
    zlodwiro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello everyone, I'm Zach and I live on the east side of Cincinnati. my weight has been up and down over the years and I am currently about half way to my goal and looking for friends and support for the second half of my journey.
  • atoz133
    atoz133 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amy and I live outside of Cincinnati. I'm looking at over 100 lbs to lose, so I need all the support I can get!! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • mgibbzzz
    mgibbzzz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Michelle and I am from Somerset in southeastern Ohio. I am a very lucky stay at home mom of 2 active kids, 12 and almost 2. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I went to 200+ lbs while I was pregnant with my son. I tried several plans to lose the weight. 10 years later I found one that worked. I lost 45lbs and found I was pregnant for my daughter. Back came the lbs and them some. Now I am almost back to what I weighed before my daughter. I am love the outdoors, cooking, and animals.