INSANITY

Options
Insanity follower: Post your message here!

Replies

• bodylanguage
    Options
    I'm doing insanity with my 17 year old son. I am definitely getting stronger, but better yet, him n I are much closer :) so it's worth all the sweat n pain.
    I still like to go to the gym at night... 2 a days is the only way I can lose weight...
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    That's great! I can appreciate when my 3 and 9 year-old watch and imitate me during the workout, well, as long as they don't jump on my back when I do the plank oblique :)
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Into week 2. Sore knee, but okay otherwise. I really like the program so far although its definitely the toughest workout routine I've ever done!
  • proton77
    Options
    Into week 2. Sore knee, but okay otherwise. I really like the program so far although its definitely the toughest workout routine I've ever done!

Definitely keep pushing.... it (the soreness) will get better!
  • proton77
    Options
    Last night I did core cardio and balance again. Boy, I can get used to this :) It's getting easier and I was able to push through the arm plie moves. It still burned but I tried to focus on something else to take my mind off the burning sensation LOL.

2 more days left in the recovery week and I'll be moving on to month 2!
  • M12W
    M12W Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 59 with 4 more to go and I will have completed Insanity!!!! I NEVER thought I could have done this. I still have to modify push ups, all of them, but I am so much stronger. Haven't lost much on the scales but definitely toned up a lot.
  • proton77
    Options
    Day 59 with 4 more to go and I will have completed Insanity!!!! I NEVER thought I could have done this. I still have to modify push ups, all of them, but I am so much stronger. Haven't lost much on the scales but definitely toned up a lot.

Awesome job! Have you noticed any changes in your measurements?
  • bodylanguage
    Options
    Just did my second cardio abs n it kicked my *kitten* both times! Hurts my back, but I did get thru a lot more the second time. Very hard, since it's after 40 mins of pure cardio :) but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger I suppose!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did balance and recovery today for the first time ( al ittle behind as I was away at a conference and used the exercise room at the hotel for 2 days). It was amazing. I had some trouble with the moving planks ( just coordination I think, a bit of a klutz ) and some of the plie moves but got though it. Can't wait for tomorrow.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Im here! Week three into insanity. Other than some nasty joint pain in my ankle I am happy with it! I've lost in inches and greatly improved my fit test. Scale has only went down about three pounds, and that was the first week. Hoping for a ten pound loss...crossing my fingers.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    In week 6- here is today' stats-

Just posted a 1.86 mi activity - Insanity Max Interval Plyo- Week 6 Day 2 http://rnkpr.com/a2k817b #RunKeeper

I over did it last weekend and kinda taking it easy to make sure my knee is 100%

Feel great and going to after on Thursday!

Happy Wed all!
  • allysonvb
    Options
    Did a little research, it looks like I strained the exterior ligament on my right knee- it does not affect me walking, etc, it mainly affects moves like power jacks. So, I'm modifying those for a bit to see if it will heal. I still get a killer workout- I can do most thinkpgs, just not the moves where my knees go outward with impact. I can do squats with no impact. Hopefully in a few days and lots of ibuprofen I'll be good. Want to be my best for the next fit test!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Allyson, youll be back to normal in no time.. Ice that baby and take aleve! I too am dealing with an ankle issue, I should havehonestly took an easy today but I stopped my workout 10 mitues early yesterday because of it and Iknew tomorrow is recovery day. I KILLED it in max cardio and abs... I still don't have mt pure cardio so I used a disk from month 2. its a killer man, and my nose was dripping ( this used to happen to me when I did HIIT on the stairclimber last year)!! and my sweat too but seriously... I feel so good!
  • allysonvb
    Options
    That's great! Be careful, we are in this to finish it!
  • andi12c
    andi12c Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi group! I'm just finishing my core cardio and balance week so tomorrow begins day 36 with Max Interval Circuit.... I'm a little nervous about it lol but I'm happy to have gotten this far in the program!
  • proton77
    Options
    Just did my second cardio abs n it kicked my *kitten* both times! Hurts my back, but I did get thru a lot more the second time. Very hard, since it's after 40 mins of pure cardio :) but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger I suppose!

Couldn't agree more!
  • proton77
    Options
    I did balance and recovery today for the first time ( al ittle behind as I was away at a conference and used the exercise room at the hotel for 2 days). It was amazing. I had some trouble with the moving planks ( just coordination I think, a bit of a klutz ) and some of the plie moves but got though it. Can't wait for tomorrow.

The moving planks didn't bother me as much as the shoulders plie.....it burns!!
  • proton77
    Options
    Allyson, youll be back to normal in no time.. Ice that baby and take aleve! I too am dealing with an ankle issue, I should havehonestly took an easy today but I stopped my workout 10 mitues early yesterday because of it and Iknew tomorrow is recovery day. I KILLED it in max cardio and abs... I still don't have mt pure cardio so I used a disk from month 2. its a killer man, and my nose was dripping ( this used to happen to me when I did HIIT on the stairclimber last year)!! and my sweat too but seriously... I feel so good!

Allyson, Jamie - You guys rock but take it easy on your ankle and knee tho :)
  • proton77
    Options
    In week 6- here is today' stats-

Just posted a 1.86 mi activity - Insanity Max Interval Plyo- Week 6 Day 2 http://rnkpr.com/a2k817b #RunKeeper

I over did it last weekend and kinda taking it easy to make sure my knee is 100%

Feel great and going to after on Thursday!

Happy Wed all!

That's awesome man! You're just a few weeks more to go!
  • proton77
    Options
    Hi group! I'm just finishing my core cardio and balance week so tomorrow begins day 36 with Max Interval Circuit.... I'm a little nervous about it lol but I'm happy to have gotten this far in the program!

Good for you! I'm going to do the last core cardio balance tonight and I'll be starting month 2 tomorrow. Yay!