Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Replies

• mrsg2013
    mrsg2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Natalie. Im 24 and from the UK.
    I completed the 30ds in Jan and just completed RI30 (Feb).
    Yesterday I started extreme shed and shred ( I know another JM fan lol),
    I am currently 138lb, so I have about 5lb to go till by goal weight.
    I need to tone up more. Im hoping to start doing weights, have no idea how to start!!! Ive heard about new rules of lifting for women, so Im going to get the book.
  • Hi! I'm Kate, 38 yrs young. Looking to be accountable, hope this is the place! Quit smoking on Jan. 29th, started eating clean on Feb 20th. Have to start regularly working out and stick to my eating schedule. The key to that is preparation. Cooking tonight and tomorrow to make sure I have everything I need for the week, always ready to go. Work out without excuses.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Hi! I'm Kate, 38 yrs young. Looking to be accountable, hope this is the place! Quit smoking on Jan. 29th, started eating clean on Feb 20th. Have to start regularly working out and stick to my eating schedule. The key to that is preparation. Cooking tonight and tomorrow to make sure I have everything I need for the week, always ready to go. Work out without excuses.

Hi Kate! Big congrats on quitting smoking!! I'm a non-smoker but hear how hard it can be to quit so I commend you for using such strong discipline. With your attitude you WILL succeed at your health & fitness goals. Wishing you the very best!

Pamela
  • Hey All,
    My name is Kayla, I am 26(to be 27 in a few months). I live in Nashville, TN and have been struggling with staying accountable for the past year. I have bounced around many different workout plans and can never get them to stick. Currently, I am 5 8 1/2 and weigh 170 lbs. I am looking to get to 135 as my ideal weight. I am in the process of training for a 1/2 marathon which takes place the end of April. I am also trying to do some light lifting to work on toning my body. My diet is pretty good, but its the daily working out that I fail at miserably. Please please please someone help me stick to this whole thing!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Please please please someone help me stick to this whole thing!

HI!! Welcome! You're doing great to be secure with your diet and training for a 1/2 marathon. You're much closer to your goal than you probably think.

If you really want to stick to it, then just make a plan and then ONE commitment: to check-in with the group EVERY day. And I mean EVERY day, and report what you did (or did not) do. If you can keep that commitment, then human nature will take care of the rest.

:)
  • Susiq2222
    Susiq2222 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello All,

My name is Susi and I'm 55. I have two grown sons and live with the love of my life in northern Ontario, where it is still currently winter!! I have struggled with my weight most of my life. I have lost and gained the same 50-60 lbs a number of times. I always had the best results when I had a regular workout schedule. I'm trying to get back to that. I need some accountability because I just keep finding excuses. I'm currently doing 30DS and power walking on my lunch break. We are also currently renovating another rental unit which is taking up a lot of my spare time, but is at least physically active.

So my goal is to actually complete the 30DS and get ready to head back to the gym once the reno is complete. I really need to be more fit for my horseback riding this summer.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Welcome susiq!!

30DS and powerwalking at lunch is a great plan for being fit and healthy. Hope to see you checking-in. :)
  • ikrissyt
    ikrissyt Posts: 28 Member
    Hi, I'm Krissy from Wisconsin. I've used myfittnesspal on and off for a while now. Currently I'm not trying to lose weight. I'm pregnant and just need a way to track what I'm eating so I can keep my weight stable. After the baby comes I will be back in weight loss mode again and I can't wait!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Hey everyone! I am Jessica and I just moved to Mooresville, NC with my hubby and dog.He got a great job offer out here, so here we are! I am currently job hunting and trying to lose weight! I am going pretty stir crazy being in the house all day. I just got back into running and I'm doing the C25K program. I completed week one. I love running outside. I was thinking about getting the 10 minute workout from tony horton. I figured when I start a job I can do that in the AM before work and then run in the afternoons after work.

I am between 5'2 and 5'3
    SW 159.8
    GW 125 or lower

I am finally fed up with looking and feeling the way I do. I have been so half into it before, but now, I am all in. I hope to get in the shape I want before having kids.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Welcome to all "Partners" that posted after me....LOL!! I wish each of you great success on this health & fitness journey, too!:wink:
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Hello! I am a 44 yr old mom in NS ...and have pretty much always had to work to keep the weight down. I have lost 60 lbs a few years ago and am always trying to keep that last pesky 10 lbs off. It comes and goes.
    Hope to find some motivation here to help keep me going!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Welcome Maureli!!!

Can't wait to read all about what you're upto everyday!!
  • scrook43
    scrook43 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi, my name is Sheila I am 46 years old, married with ond daughter who is 19 and I live in Robards, Ky. I am a runner, side lined with an injury since Jan. I am currently aqua jogging, doing ellipical and biking. I have struggled with my weight for years, losing and always gaining it back. Last Feb (2012) I started a clean eating lifestyle. Reached my goal weight in May and have maintained it for almost a year. Something that I have never been able to do. I Love the Firm Workout dvd's and videos. I also started out with the couch to 5K right before my 40th birthday. I had never ran or been into sports much. I was so amazed when I completed my first 5K. I have been a runner every since. I love being acoountable and this group looks like an awesome motivated group. Glad to be on board.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Welcome Sheila. :smile: Aqua jogging sounds fun.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Hi Everyone! My name is Sam ( 3 of us in this group so far..wow..what a great name!) I am 24, married, and live in Oklahoma. I work full time as a speech-language pathologist in an elementary school. My highest weight (in high school) was around 160. In college,I lost 20lbs to 140. I attribute this loss to the fact that I didn't have a car, so I had to walk everywhere and I didn't have my mom's cooking! The last 10 lbs have gone up and down, but I'm now at 127. I would love to increase my muscle and reduce body fat %age. I have also become more conscious about where my food comes from and am taking steps to choose healthier options without giving up any 1 food group.

This is really the first time in my life that I have been a regular exerciser (outside of a few yoga classes now and then). I joined a group in February for RI30 and loved it. I will finish the program on Sunday. I also do daily fitness challenges in another group. I definitely do better with a plan! This month's plan (possibly to be tweaked):

Sunday: "Rest" day: Simple Yoga with yoga devotional (finding Jesus on the yoga mat) or 123 pilates
    Monday: Body By You + 6 week 6 pack
    Tuesday: C25K + Yoga Meltdown
    Wednesday: Body By You
    Thursday: C25K+ Yoga Meltdown
    Friday: Body by You + 6 week 6 pack
    Saturday: C25K+ Yoga Meltdown
    oh I need a good schedule like yours!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I'm Nikki. I'll be 30 this year. Stay at home mom to two kids, a 5 year old boy and a 15 month old girl. I'm originally from England, but I'm living in the US with my family now.

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are my main workout days. I've been working to add more workouts in, but my daughter is at that phase in her life where she wants me constantly! Now Spring is here, we'll be back to walking every day. =)

Looking to drop 10-15lbs and lose the tummy pouch.
  • misspiggy408
    misspiggy408 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey all!

I live in the bay area, CA and am a new SAHM with children ages 11, 4, and 2. I used to be in great shape as a teen, but since having my 3rd kid, its been EXTREMELy hard to lose the weight (which is 50+ lbs) . lately ive really been into lifting, using dumbells, cardio videos and kick boxing. I love to run, but i bought an elliptical so i use that now instead.

I dont mind working out everyday, MY problem is i LOOOVE to cook and eat. I'm trying to start a food business so im constantly cooking new things....and eating them! LoL

Im excited to be a part of this group and look forward to tallking to you all! =0)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Welcome new members! Thank you for joining. This is the best place for accountability and motivation. Everyone's doing their own thing, but we're all aiming to work-out regularly and be the best we can be. Remember: there is strength in numbers, and, also, the more varied the range of workouts here, the more we can learn from each other (variety is the spice of life)! Welcome, and please come check-in on the daily threads. :smile:
  • Hi Everyone!
    Thank you for the invite, FromHereOnOut!
    I am a 45 year old married massage therapist with one adult son and 2 dopey dogs. I live in NE Pennsylvania where wintere does not want to give up. I wish I had that kind of tenacity!

I like to "wog"(walk/jog), hike in the beautiful woods we have around here, snowshoe in those same woods (the one good thing about a never ending winter), and kayak in the summer-just the paddling around a lake kind, not white water. I use a few DVD's too. Sounds pretty good typed out, and if I did those things on a regular basis I'd be golden. Sadly, I can easily be talked out of working out by an old "Friends" episode or even worse, the Food Network! :)

I like the accountability and challenge of keeping up on a board, so I was very grateful to be invited here. I am scheduled to "run" a 5K mud race in May and walk an 8K in April, so I am staring to realize those things don't magically get done while I sit around.

Hope to add some humor and pick up some tips on motivation here. Thanks again and have a great day!

Fran
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Hey everyone! I just turned 30 in February, and plan on making my 30s the greatest! I live in Southern California. I work from home full time, go to school full time, have a 5 year old little girl and a live in bf (might as well be another kid at times). I am a busy busy woman, try to get at least 30 mins of moving my behind 6 days a week.
    Only 10lbs to goal I always hear those are the slowest to move, so I think I am going to need all the support I can get :laugh: