Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group joy4824 and cmageno21!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We just started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • kyleesartwell
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined this group this morning and I am looking to get to 150 from my original weight of 233.8 I have been on MFP for a week and I had my first weigh in this morning which resulted in a loss of 4.6 pounds.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined this group this morning and I am looking to get to 150 from my original weight of 233.8 I have been on MFP for a week and I had my first weigh in this morning which resulted in a loss of 4.6 pounds.
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group kyleesartwell!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We just started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Liz and I am 30 years old. I have two little girls that are 6 and 8. I am a full time student and I work part time as a pre-k teacher. I am also engaged and getting married next summer! I lost 50 lbs two years ago but slowly gained it all back. I have 65-70 lbs that I want to lose to get to my ultimate goal weight. I am trying to just take it one day at a time. I am doing an hour of kickboxing 3-5 times a week and just trying to eat healthy! I want to be at my goal weight by the time I get married next summer (summer of 2014). Excited to be here!!
  • ColleenASullivan
    ColleenASullivan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am a busy mother of two. I have a wonderful husband who surprised me on my birthday (20 years together) with a trip to Hawaii this summer. That is what has motivated me to get into better shape. I want to look more than just good in a bathing suit. I haven't been on these boards before this week. I'm a teacher and I'm off for March break so I thought I would take a look. I have had a great time reading everyone's posts. I hope you all have a successful week :)
  • gannonlm76
    gannonlm76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I am 36 (right around the corner from turning 37), married and the proud mom to 2 boxer pups. I just joined this group and am very much looking forward to interacting with everyone. :smile:
  • WindmillTilter
    WindmillTilter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Dave. I've been chubby for about 10 years. I've always been active but my diet was terrible. I got up to 265 about 4-5 years back while playing rugby and it was really hard on me. I've yoyo'd around since then between 205-230. My main goal is to lose body fat. I really don't care what the scale reads, but I'd eventually linke to be at < 15% body fat and around 200 lbs.

I stopped smoking in January after being a pack a day smoker for 13 years. I was worried about weight gain, but I'm watching what I eat and working out a lot.

January 2013
    228 lbs 25.3% body fat

March 2013
    227 lbs 22.2% body fat

Plus summer is coming up and I'd like to look decent poolside.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Liz, ColleenASullivan, gannonlm76, and Dave!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • brooke_evelyn_
    brooke_evelyn_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Brooke. I'm glad to be here. I'm looking to lose 100+lbs and can use all the help I can get.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hello, I'm Brooke. I'm glad to be here. I'm looking to lose 100+lbs and can use all the help I can get.
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Brooke!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! drinker

Jo
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just joined this group, and am glad to see so many 30-somethings! I'm 36, started on MFP roughly 6 months ago and have another 80ish pounds to go. I live in the Washington DC metro area, and I'm looking for pals that actually read my diary and what I post so that their comments are relevant, positive and helpful, where help is needed. Does that make sense? Glad to meet you all!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hi all, just joined this group, and am glad to see so many 30-somethings! I'm 36, started on MFP roughly 6 months ago and have another 80ish pounds to go. I live in the Washington DC metro area, and I'm looking for pals that actually read my diary and what I post so that their comments are relevant, positive and helpful, where help is needed. Does that make sense? Glad to meet you all!
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group mycrobemini!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • bedazz562
    bedazz562 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, I my name is Brandon from Southern California and I am 33, married and father to two beautiful girls (ages 3 and 1). At one point I was a pretty decent high school athlete and in tip top shape, however, college/party life took precedent over being an athlete and I have been struggling with my weight since I was 20. I finally have decided to get back into shape and MFP has been an answer to my problems. When I first realized I needed to become healthier I was at 237lbs (back in January) drinking 5-7 sodas a day, and eating probably between 3-6k calories a day with little or no exercise. As of today, I am down to 219 and MFP has me at 1660 calories a day which I am hitting or staying under with regularity. I can already tell a difference in how my body is besides from the physical, I have more energy to play with my daughters and I do not get tired during the day ( I am a junior high teacher). My goal is three-fold: phase 1 - 215lbs, phase 2 - 200 lbs, and phase 3 - 175lbs. I am just 4 lbs away from my first goal and hopefully I can reach it this coming week.
  • CandiLeigh17
    Options
    Hi! My name is Candice and I joined MFP about 8 weeks ago, but I haven't checked out any of the groups until today :-) I am 30, married, and have 4 kids. We are a blended family - 3 of our children are from my husband's previous marriage and 1 is from my own. My life seems so busy sometimes and haven't made taking care of myself a priority. I basically closed my eyes while my weight kept creeping up. Well, now the blinders are off and I am ready to get rid of this weight that is holding me back! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • darrenchevrier
    Options
    Hello everyone i just joined her today. I have been using this app for only about 3 days now but have been on my new body mission since last august. Ive bounced around on my weight but hit a plateau at 180lbs and couldnt get past it so thought i would try this app and see what happens ive heard good things about it so here goes. I started out at 215 and was 181 this morning.
  • OutDaWay
    OutDaWay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Turning 31 in June . Just started reusing the app today.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    HI just joined today. I turn 38 in June. nice to see a lot of 30 year olds around
  • Tishj330
    Tishj330 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tish. I'll be 37 in 13 days! I'm happily married to a wonderful man and I have 2 beautiful daughters. I finally decided to stop blaming my 16 month old for my weight LOL. I started my weight loss journey at 268.6 pounds (I'm 5' 3 1/2"). I started seriously using MFP last week at 255.2 pounds. As of this morning, I'm 251.4 pounds. My goal is to get in the neighborhood of 160. Hi!
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi Im Joyce 32 years old. Joined the group to connect with other people my age who are also losing weight and getting in shape. I have thyroid issues, have for a while but suddenly it seems the weight just piled on. this happend one other time about 2 years ago whre I gained 20 lbs in a 3 month period or so. I managed to lose it but in the last 6 months have gained another 20-25. My goal is to be about 160 although most sites say 170-177 is good for me. I dont want to sit at the edge of my 25 max BMI which 177 would put me at. Im 5'10 and weight about 190 currently. I got back on MFP about 6 weeks ago but i didnt start adding friends/posting til about 4 days ago so excited to meet and chat with everyone.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Brandon, Candice, darrenchevrie, OutDaWay, Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door, Tish and Joyce!! Wow, I have been slacking this past week! lol

There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.
    We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Jo
This discussion has been closed.