Options
    March 16

Me: 6
    Binge: 0

Don't want to say I'm on a roll because I don't want to "jinx it." haha
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group. So here are my stats.
    Me 12
    Binge 4
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    March 16

Me: 13
    Binge: 3

Great job everyone.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Someone asked about success with therapy. I've done Cognitive behaviour therapy and found it helped a lot. I still have times when I binge, but it used to be every single day sometimes the whole day would be a binge. I find I do the best when I apply the lessons I learnt doing it.

March 16th (yesterday for me)

Sarah: 11
    Binge monster: 5
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    March 2013:
    Karen 10
    The Binge 6

Days Left 15

Binge Days
    3/1
    3/3
    3/6
    3/7
    3/8
    3/16

** I lost my streak last night. I tried all day to stop and eventually I just gave in. I kept telling myself "If you stop now you just overate some" but I never stopped. My stomach was so full it was hard to sleep!!

I was told yesterday I did not get the job I interviewed for almost 2 weeks ago. I was extremly sick and there was a huge snow storm so I had a phone interview. After the interview my fever was 102. I could barley remember it. She called yesterday and said I did not get the position but she wants to keep me in mind for future openings. I was so upset. I tried my relaxation teq. that my Doctor taught and it did not work very well. The stress got to me and I screwed up.

Today is a new day though! I plan to bundle up and go outside. It is so sunny, I hope the sun can wake me up and help me feel better!
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 10
    Binge - 7
  • f1tforever
    f1tforever Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is such a great idea - and I would love to be a part of this for the rest of March.

I started on March 14th - so 18 days from then to March 31 - I am going for 18 days of "me" winning!

ME: 3
    BINGE: 0
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Me - 13
    Binge - 3

Karen - So sorry to hear about the job. I did a phone interview once - I was working night shift and the interview was in the middle of my sleep time - it went terrible :(

Thanks to everyone in this group for all the support - I think it's the best group on MFP!

I had a St Patty's Day celebration yesterday, but planned well and didn't overdo TOO much :) Actually exercised during the day and was under my calorie goal, barely.

We'll see how today is - one more day of the weekend.

Good luck to all
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 16, 2013

Me: 12
    Binge: 4 (3/1,3/3, 3/7, 3/16)

Binge-free for: 0 days

Karen, also really sorry to hear about your job interview! Keep your head up!

Yesterday wasn't great for me. I knew my nutrition would be out the door because it was the St. Patty's Bar Crawl, and of course, being a senior in college I had to participate. However, the day ending in a binge after my boyfriend and I got in a huge fight. It's really not hard to figure out my trigger here, because I was really upset. My binge was smaller than most, under 1000 calories total, but I was still sad that I gave into the binge. Trying to regain control today, but I am very tired, mentally exhausted, and studying all day for a big test that I am very stressed about. Hoping I can pull it together.
  • jessicagomes15
    jessicagomes15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    starting today, March 17th :)

Me: 1
    Binge: 0
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me - 16
    Binge Monster - 0

On my journey, I am basically learning to eat single portions of items and then go do something, rather than sit there tempted to eat more. For me, I know that there are no shortcuts. For instance, I try to get all the food groups, not just my favorite snacks, into my calorie allotment. I've read up on foods that have antioxidants and I try to include those in my daily plan. Rapid weight loss with insufficient nutrients is not my goal. I have been on my weight-loss track since December of 2011 and am two-thirds of the way to the weight my doctor says I should be at. Since I had 105 pounds to lose, I feel I have done well.

Another example of a shortcut that could go awry is that if I were to begin rigorous exercise to lose more rapidly, then I'd have to be willing to continue doing it in order not to gain weight back. Instead, I ride my exercise bike as a constant. I can increase or decrease the time on it as needed. Now that the warmer weather is here, I find that gardening takes my mind off eating and gives me a different form of exercise. Since it is seasonal, I use it in addition to my exercise bike. Last Friday, I rushed home from work after 6 PM, so that I could prune some plants while there was still sun. We've had a lot of dreary weather, so I was motivated to postpone my dinner in order to get the sun before it went down. Since yesterday was rainy, I was able to treasure the memory of my hour of sun from Friday.

I am well aware of my fragility in my new-found strength of not bingeing for 16 days in a row. I hope to never take it for granted. But I do hope to be collecting more memories, such as the sunny one above, rather than memories of eating until I could burst and feeling great shame.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 9.
    Binge - 8.

Binge free days - 3.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 12

The Binge: 5

I don't know what to do I had triggers brought home and I went crazy.

This binge eating is making me feel worthless. It's effecting my moods and relationships. It makes me question breaking up with someone because I feel they could find so much better I am too screwed up with food issues I won't even talk about. The only time I feel semi okay with myself is when I'm at a low/healthy weight. Not now when I'm overweight and maybe almost obese if I keep it up. Why do I feel this way? I know weight doesn't determine worth but it doesn't stop me from fearing how others will accept me. It feels like everyone else s love is conditional!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 11
    Binge: 6
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sorry to read some of you had an off day yesterday, hope you forgive yourself and move on from it today :)

March 17th (yesterday)

Sarah: 12
    Binge monster: 5

I went over my calories a little this weekend, but out of genuine hunger and I would much rather allow myself an extra 2-300 calories than have a binge so I am fine with that :)

Hope you all have a great day
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    March 17

Binge: 4

Today = Fail
    I didn't binge on anything in particular, but today was definitely a cheat day. I went to a kid's birthday party and enjoyed pizza and cake. And I was very snacky all day so I allowed myself to eat things I normally wouldn't. Definitely over in calories today but looking forward to a fresh start tomorrow.

StrongerthanY -- hang in there girl

Brownll -- you're doing awesome!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 17

Me: 6
    Binge: 1

binged a little on some candy.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 13 :drinker:

the binge: 3:mad:

Not binging, but not sticking to my plan either. steady overeating is not a binge, but it's not where I want to be.

I'm tracking my sleep.. I really need to get that under control, I think, before the rest will come together. :yawn:
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-18-13

Binge: 5 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9, 3/15)

Feeling better. A bit more confident. Going on vacation in 5 days..which typically means no binging since I 'm with others all the time. That's what I will make sure happens : )
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 17th
    Me:17
    Binge:0