Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• cg14120
    cg14120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all ! I'm Charlene...near Buffalo NY...i have always been heavy..in the past i have lost weight...i lost 100 lbs when i was in my 20's..ive gained it back and then some :sad: ..now at 39 i need to lose again..i know i can do it..and so far i'm pleased with what im doing..13 lbs in 17 days!!! i have a lot to go but i'm on the right track...i just turned 39 a week ago...my goal is to not be 40 and fat..but rather 40 and Fabulous!!! i believe i can do it!!! but i can use all the support i can get...feel free to add me if you want...let's do this:smokin:
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Elizabeth and I am 37. I have 2 little girls and I have been married for almost 18 years. My youngest will be 2 next month. Before we had children I was fit and small for my frame (5' 10" 135 pounds).

We had difficulties in getting pregnant so we opted to go through IVF. After treatments and pregnancy I gained a whopping 80 lbs. Since then I have had another daughter and lost a majority of the weight but I still have 20 more to go and they aren't going without a fight!

I'd love to have motivational friends that can help me be accountable through this process.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Charlene and Elizabeth!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • gannonlm76
    gannonlm76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone!! Just passing through to see who has joined the group. If you are looking for an honest/supportive friend, feel to add me. Thanks!!:happy:
  • EJtheDJ
    EJtheDJ Posts: 6
    Options
    A'reet? I'm 34 and I won't lie, I eat like a pig and that everything in front of me must be consumed that very second. I used to be quite a fat chick in my teens and early twenties, lost tons of weight due to smoking- not healthy I know- which piled back on when I quit years later.

I did lots of research into healthy eating and although it's rare for me to eat processed food and drink, I still have an appetite that probably warrants its' own documentary. I love cooking, but I'm training myself to be a good girl and to do some physical stuff to earn the calories that will allow me to eat a bucket of vegetables without growing myself a set of bingo wings :D
  • JRIV60
    Options
    A'reet? I'm 34 and I won't lie, I eat like a pig and that everything in front of me must be consumed that very second. I used to be quite a fat chick in my teens and early twenties, lost tons of weight due to smoking- not healthy I know- which piled back on when I quit years later.

I did lots of research into healthy eating and although it's rare for me to eat processed food and drink, I still have an appetite that probably warrants its' own documentary. I love cooking, but I'm training myself to be a good girl and to do some physical stuff to earn the calories that will allow me to eat a bucket of vegetables without growing myself a set of bingo wings :D
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group EJtheDJ!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • EDM05
    EDM05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Emily. I will be 32 on Wednesday. I have a amazing 5 year old, that is truly a miracle. I have been married for almost 8 years to a great guy. We live on in Massachusetts. I have been a member of MFP for about a month and have lost about 12 lbs. Eventually, I would like to lose about 75lbs, but for now my goal is 50lbs. I gained a lot of weight in college and then more from a difficult pregnancy. I just decided one day that I was sick of being tired and out of shape and wanted to be around to see my son grow up. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'll take all the support I can get :)
  • tiffsting
    tiffsting Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Tiffany and joined MFP quite a while ago, but haven't been super active up until recently. I've begun a true health journey about 5 weeks ago (and am proud to say I've already lost 23 lbs!), and have begun to realize it's much easier when you have support from people who are doing things for their health as well! My goal is 85lbs.... I'm 1/4 of the way there already! :smile:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Emily and Tiffany!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

There is also a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Jo
  • tanyaclego
    tanyaclego Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tanya, I'm 35 and 4 kiddies. I'm from adelaide Australia. I managed to lose 20kgs by myself which took a year or so, thenstopped due to a hundred excuses. I want to lose about 8kgs, but my main goal is to learn to run 10 Kms :)
  • Gworkmanii
    Gworkmanii Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Gary I'm 31 years young. I started my life change just about a month ago on March 4th. So far I've lost 20 pounds of this morning. I have a goal of 75 pounds. I started using MFP just as something to keep track of my calories and now I use it for SOOOO much more. I have started using the blog and also using the forums. I have two kids (5 and 9) and a loving wife. While making these life changes I have started to get them to change their lives also.

Look forward to reading more into this group. Feel free to add to friends list anytime.

Happy weight loss.

Gary
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Tanya and Gary!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • nellyandhernerd
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Janelle and I am a 36 year old wife and mother. I'm hoping to lose 40lb by living a healthy lifestyle of clean eating and exercise. I look forward to reading more posts and getting to know other people on this same journey.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Janelle!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! drinker

Jo
  • JulieMaracle
    Options
    Hi! My name is Julie and I'm 33 years old and live in the beautiful city of San Diego. I'm looking forward to being a part of this group. I've been on MyFitnessPal for a couple years now but I'm just now really starting to use it. My best friend and I have committed to getting ourselves healthy this year. We've pushing each other, motivating each other and doing what best friends do!

Add me if you'd like a little suppprt and motivation! I'll help where I can.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Julie!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • cbm413
    cbm413 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Christy from Indiana. I'll be 37 next week. (Tish, we're so close!) I've got about 50 pounds to lose (in addition to the 10 I've lost since January, woot!) and know it's a long road ahead. I work out at Planet Fitness 4 times a week and try to stay in my calorie range. Nutrition within that calorie range is the next big hurdle! I'm looking for buddies too, so please add me if you like! (I feel weird randomly adding other people unless they've explicitly said to do so.)
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    What is going on peoples!!! I'm 34 and living in Folsom, CA. Currently have my goal set at 200lbs which I believe is respectable at 6'2". I'll adjust from there. I feel off the wagon a bit ago... might have gotten run over on the trail but am back at it and 100% committed to get in the best shape of my life!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Christy and Randyamc!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! drinker

Jo
  • Bug2love
    Bug2love Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 32 years old and from the Windy City of Chicago. I have struggles with my weight since college. The extra drink calories combined with an ACL replacement left me struggling with more weight then I wanted. :/. I am just looking for some supportive people that are working on similar goals of getting healthy. Hope everyone is having a great day!
This discussion has been closed.