List of Things to Indulge In - THAT ISNT FOOD

Replies

• Greeneyes364
    Greeneyes364 Posts: 5 Member
    Pinterest is my favorite...I look at all the quotes and humor....I also enjoy the women fashions.. Can't wait till I am able to fit in the fashionable clothes. It definitely.

Yeah I want to be able to wear a high waisted skirt and not look dumpy! lol
  • Greeneyes364
    Greeneyes364 Posts: 5 Member
    I love going on "Pinterest" and have a bulletin board full of tips and projects I want to try. I also love to bake .. and believe it or not, I don't really have a problem controlling myself or being around it. I leave a little at home for my kids to enjoy and I take the rest in to work and let my co-workers enjoy it. The fun for me is making it .. not eating it.
    Hi what is Pinterest and how do I get "on it"

http://pinterest.com/ you pin things you like that you find online!
  • For those that are having problems at work..take healthy foods...keep a special K or fiber one bar in your desk or purse or something.
    I found I LOVE the fiber 1 brownies.
    Another thing I do to distract myself, etsy.com
    I love to look at the holiday decorations, jewelry, or anything else that happens to suit my fancy that day.

I also LOVE to bake. Its hard to not pick but I am always baking for the guys my husband works with (their Marines so they devour anything edible lol) and to help keep me on track while I'm baking I secretly make healthy desserts (or main dishes) (shhh its a secret :wink: ).
    But when I'm not baking, I'm shopping on Amazon for new bakeware that would make my life easier and if I'm doing good financially I'll indulge myself by buying something that I want/need (next thing on my list is an insulated cookie sheet YAY).
  • What can I do when I'm at work? The most difficult time for me is when I'm at work (sitting at a desk in front of the computer) and I can't really go take a bath....I do surf the net and come on MFP but any other ideas? I do get up and take breaks every now and then....any other ideas besides taking a walk? :smile:

I have a small playlist of inspirational music that I use for when I'm feeling the urge to do something I probably shouldn't. Also, by having this list, I am more conscious of how I am feeling at that moment and most times, can reign it in before I make decisions I will later regret.
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Going through your wardrobe sorting through all your clothes finding small ones that fit now fit or will soon and getting rid of old ones the a to big :D
  • Taking a great picture!
  • sex, drugs, no lie
  • weightingtobloom
    weightingtobloom Posts: 30 Member
    Some of these are repeated, but here are some of mine:

-having a bath
    -reading a good book
    -watching a flim
    -curling up with my cat
    -seeing a friend or talking on the phone
    -a cup of hot tea (ok, I have a couple every day, but not until the evening, and I often look forward to relaxing with my cup of tea)
    -baking (stopped doing this when I started on MFP, but I'm better at baking small quantities now, or freezing, or giving stuff away)
    -watching comedy clips on youtube
    -meditating
    -yoga
    -going for a walk
    -putting some rock songs on itunes - loud - and singing along
    -playing a computer game
    -watching dvd box sets of old favourite TV shows
    -blogging
    -painting my nails
    -going to the beach

Great list! What I love to do is bake for other people. I find that it allows me to think about food and be around it without eating it. For me, I overeat because I think about food so often that I convince myself that I NEED some. Baking satisfies my thoughts. Of course, if you will be too tempted to eat your baked goods before you have the chance to give them away, this isn't the best option!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Sweet lovin. ;)
    Naps.
    Hobbies - I love to sew and refashion clothes.
    Home spa treatments - I give myself a facial, hot oil hair treatment, mani, pedi, waxing, etc etc etc
    Watching movies snuggled up under a blanket with a glass of wine (not food lol).
    Turn up your iPod or Pandora and have yourself a dance party.
  • Radface
    Radface Posts: 7 Member
    I have three sticky notes on my monitor full of stuff to do besides eating!

Some of the highlights:
    -Make coffee/tea
    -Take a long, hot shower
    -Go for a long walk with a podcast
    -Read something for fun
    -Paint my nails
    -Online shop (this can keep me occupied for HOURS)
    -Tumblr, blogs, Pinterest, Polyvore
    -Play a video game (or even something little like Neopets, haha)
    -discover new music on Last.fm
  • Lyles41
    Lyles41 Posts: 4
    I am new to this blog. I have the same afternoon problem with wanting to eat anything, even though I am not hungry. Stress and anxiety triggers me also. I think that I will try a proactive approach starting Monday. I will start destressing around 1 in heavy doses of a long bath, cup of hot tea, or even drink 32 oz of water to fill my stomach up so that I don't put food in there. I'll let you know how it goes. Im going to look at this like taking my alternative, antistress medicine. I will take up the hobby of sewing also. I think it will give me something to do with my hands.
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Starting and slowly working on a home improvement project, a long shower, reading magazines, calling a friend, looking up healthy recipes online, planning an (imaginary) exciting vacation
  • New to the group. I'm finding I just really need to do something with my mouth. I've taken up gum chewing. :)
  • I like to browse Barnes & Noble without checkbook
    Watch a good silly comedy (Mel Brooks)
    Netflix queue
    listening to stereo
    Reading a good Fiction/Non-Fiction Book
    Facebook
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    spend some time outdoors maybe play frisbee with my fiance and daughter is always a faveotite around here!
  • pshe9280
    pshe9280 Posts: 2 Member
    sometimes lying down watching tv and drifting off to sleep for a short while helps when a craving strikes
  • JenCHG
    JenCHG Posts: 74
    Go for a nice walk...:heart:
  • Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    reading and word search books
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Cuddle time with my kitty
    Reading
    Crunchyroll or Netflix
    Stretching
    Writing
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    pedicure!!!
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    I buy myself a new bottle of nail polish every time I have
    a success. My scales aren't moving very much, but the inches
    are coming off to the point I've enjoyed buying new dresses.
    From a 24 to a 14 and 16 is an incredible drop for me, and I
    want so badly to drop more.
    I've also picked up my crochet hook and I'm making a beautiful
    sage green afghan for my new couch for this winter as a future reward
    for getting very close to my goal. It keeps my hands busy and not reaching
    for food.
  • mlnopper
    mlnopper Posts: 1
    Hi,

I just joined this group and was so glad to find it.

I was going to add that I like going on Zappos because I'm addicted to shoes. But they also have great outfit ideas if you click on the links at the top of the page. Almost as good as interest!

Also, my trick is to steal my daughter's gummy princess vitamins. It satisfies the sweet tooth without many calories. Or sometimes I get sugar-free cherry lifesavers.

I wondered if anyone else is a student? I'm going back to school for nursing. I find that eating snacks is part of my study routine and I'd like to stop doing that. I'd welcome any suggestions.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Reading
    Surfing the 'net
    Walking
    Making Love (giggles)
    Shopping
    Video Games
    Painting/Art Work
    Water
    Blogging/Journals
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    BUYING SMALLER CLOTHES!!!! :love: This the best reward I could ever give myself. :flowerforyou:

Ohhhh yessss! This is my fave! Just bought a pair of shorts last weekend (I haven't worn shorts in public for years!) in the size I was just after giving birth to my daughter!

I also love painting my toes and although it IS food related, I like to seek recipes online and plan to use them in the future.

I am also addicted to Scramble with Friends and an app on my kindle called candy swipe free!
  • live2play65
    live2play65 Posts: 1 Member
    Re: What is Pinterest? It's a website where people share ideas, projects, links to useful articles and websites. Search anything you're interested in: interior decorating, art, gardening, etc. I'm a teacher, so I go on for teaching ideas. When you're searching and find something you like, you can press the "pin" button and it gets pinned onto your page. Go to Pinterest.com and the site will give you instructions on how to get started. Have fun with it!
  • trying on my "skinny" clothes!
    and looking at pictures of myself.. 10 pounds ago!
  • I love playing with my daughter and our hyper puppy; playing a game, cleaning or organizing something, reading, talking, listening to music and scrapbooking. I saw someone mention an inspiration book and I love that idea. Im going to work on one right away.
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    - sex (also, log that in mfp)
    - bragging on mfp, and every once in a great while on Facebook
    - race entry fees (I'm getting addicted)
    - I like stats, so I like to work out how much I'm saving on food bills and then channel that into a vacation or golf fund
  • stickerj
    stickerj Posts: 9 Member
    Go to an Opera... something really special about the whole experience even for those people who don't follow it...the costumes, orchestra, amazing sets and getting lost in the story and the emotions.. try it once if you haven't yet!

I love to go to art/history museum. Something being surrounded by beautiful inter sting things is just wonderful.
  • stickerj
    stickerj Posts: 9 Member
    Lots of problems with snacking while studiyng. I try to study away from my house and refrigerator.