Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stop staring at a woman's back at the gym. The back of her shirt was drenched it sweat and the imprint/outline of her sweat made it look like a Weeping Angel from Doctor Who.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    During lunch, I described education and growth in terms of job classes from Final Fantasy Tactics.
    "I would not be a very strong level X knight if I didn't grow my skills when I was a squire."
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<I finally found a group of people who i fit in with!!

Oh, they're role players!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stop staring at a woman's back at the gym. The back of her shirt was drenched it sweat and the imprint/outline of her sweat made it look like a Weeping Angel from Doctor Who.

DON'T BLINK
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    ... I think I've finally decided that my new car is named Sideswipe and he's an autobot. There's a whole fanfiction backstory behind this that I have with my sister and it ties into my last car and how things ended there and it's totally lame and nerdy but you guys don't need to know those details :laugh:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    ... I think I've finally decided that my new car is named Sideswipe and he's an autobot. There's a whole fanfiction backstory behind this that I have with my sister and it ties into my last car and how things ended there and it's totally lame and nerdy but you guys don't need to know those details :laugh:

Yes we do.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Yes we do.

Of course, you do realise you now need a second car to call Sunstreaker
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    My current pro pic...
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Yes we do.

Of course, you do realise you now need a second car to call Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker is a jerk though!! Sideswipe is clearly the better of the two.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Have to post on behalf of my kid's nerdness - in honor of Doctor Who finally airing again, she went off to her friend's b-day party (part of which is happening at a Monster Truck show! :tongue: ) in her Doctor Who shirt, TARDIS socks, red Converse hi-tops, hat covered with Who-related buttons, and two Silence-sighting tally marks on her arm. Oh, and 10th Doctor's sonic screwdriver in my back pocket. That's my girl! :bigsmile: :heart:

Also picked up the new Entertainment Weekly with the Clara/Doctor cover as per her request - actually bought both covers and will put the other one in her Easter basket. :happy:
  • mruntidy
    Options
    We started painting and modding board game figures this weekend :D

5588_B665_6_A4_C_4_A4_F_A9_D8_43_B458927655_306_000000_E.jpg

FF52_FC2_E_505_E_4434_8528_4_AF98_CC0_D27_C_306_000000_E.jpg

0_DAF3_B70_1291_484_B_A313_C9110_E44_E297_306_000000_E.jpg

C61_D9760_43_AA_4_B76_B15_F_B4_FC8_C642_DC5_306_000000_E.jpg
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Today, I am a nerd because rather than going out to parties or enjoying my holidays like a "normal" teenager, I have decided to devote my time to reading 18th century literature, studying organic chemistry and researching the rise of modern China.
    Hooray!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I went M.I.B.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because as I was getting my haircut, I noticed the gal's certificate or whatever it is displayed on her mirror that shows she's licensed to cut hair - and her name is DONNA AMELIA something or other. :laugh: AND she's a ginger!

Yes, I've been watching far too much Doctor Who (said no one ever). :drinker:
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    New Dr Who showing in NZ next week - in my head I am counting down the days! I know I could probably watch it online, but somehow it feels like I would be cheating.

Also can't get enough Terry Pratchett, we have nearly all his books, and some are signed (not sure why that makes me so happy? I guess other nerds understand the need to get things signed?) My husband wasn't much of a reader beyond magazines and DIY books, but he has been reading Terry Pratchett for the past 3 years, and has read them all now.

Another things nerds get - the need to be a completist!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I just marathoned all of season 5 of Merlin and it made me cry at the end :sad: :cry:
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ... I'm updating the whitelist for the firewall rules and I actually have to write some code later.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Im considering taking the shrink wrap off my Game of Thrones boxed set purely so i can do the workout that accompanies it :D
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    I just marathoned all of season 5 of Merlin and it made me cry at the end :sad: :cry:

I watched the last episode on the BBC which was aired on Christmas Eve for pete's sake!!! Totally ruined my Christmas, I cried my eyes out!!!!
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    My book, ''how to steam punk your wardrobe ' arrived today!! Yipee!!

I have arranged a group to go to the expo in May in London and I have informed them we WILL be travelling by train IN costume!!!

This includes my 11 year old daughter in her 1894 miniature copy of a day dress I made for her, complete with steam punk goggles. I myself will be dressed as an air ship pilot, as every RPG we play I manage to get an air ship in!!!

Yee ha mother sucker!!!