UPDATE...

me: 11
    binge: 6
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    April 17

Me-17
    Binge Monster-0

I can't believe I have made it this long. WOW. I am learning alot about my habits though....

So glad to have support from friends here!

• Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Kim: 15
    The binge: 2

Totally lost tonight so sad about it :(

Don't be sad! You're doing really well this month, you're definitely winning. Remember you're only human, forgive yourself & start a new day afresh. I bet you're binging less since finding this thread? I certainly am. Keep p the good work :smile:
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    April 17
    Me-17
    Binge Monster-0

I can't believe I have made it this long. WOW. I am learning alot about my habits though....

Amazing! Well done!

What would you say you've learned about our habits? Please share, perhaps we can all learn from them too :wink:
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Angela: 12 (kind of...?)
    The Binge: 6

So, tonight I detoured into the mall, and started the first steps of what normally leads me down the road to a 3000+ calorie binge. I told myself that I was just going to possibly buy one item, but then at the last minute I grabbed a second, more caloric, item. I knew it had begun. It was the beginning of a familiar routine for me.

I ate my food, preparing for the next awful step to happen.

But then I intervened. I used the strategy that Poppy told me she had decided to use next time. I acknowledged that I wanted ALL the foods, and MORE of the food I had eaten, but then told myself to wait. I promised myself that I could have some later if I still wanted it in 15 minutes. I even took the additional step of plugging the foods I was craving the most into my upcoming weekend days and Friday, and promising that I could have them for those specific meals.

I got up, and I left the building.

I went to the gym. I couldn't make myself run, because I was very full, but I did walk some.

For me, even though I lost control during the first part, I think I will count this as a victory. I only ate 1/10 of what I would NORMALLY have eaten during a binge, and I did manage to intervene.

It really helped to promise myself that I would be flexible and negotiate. It was also helpful to schedule my binge foods into non-binge times.

I still feel a little gross/full, but at least I'm not a crying mess, like usual!

Yay! One small victory at a time!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

So, tonight I detoured into the mall, and started the first steps of what normally leads me down the road to a 3000+ calorie binge. I told myself that I was just going to possibly buy one item, but then at the last minute I grabbed a second, more caloric, item. I knew it had begun. It was the beginning of a familiar routine for me.

But then I intervened. I used the strategy that Poppy told me she had decided to use next time. I acknowledged that I wanted ALL the foods, and MORE of the food I had eaten, but then told myself to wait. I promised myself that I could have some later if I still wanted it in 15 minutes. I even took the additional step of plugging the foods I was craving the most into my upcoming weekend days and Friday, and promising that I could have them for those specific meals.

I went to the gym. I couldn't make myself run, because I was very full, but I did walk some.

For me, even though I lost control during the first part, I think I will count this as a victory. I only ate 1/10 of what I would NORMALLY have eaten during a binge, and I did manage to intervene.

It really helped to promise myself that I would be flexible and negotiate. It was also helpful to schedule my binge foods into non-binge times.

I still feel a little gross/full, but at least I'm not a crying mess, like usual!

Very proud of you!!!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me; 13

The Binge: 5 (last one was the 10th)

Seems like the more caught up I am with other things and the less I worry about "binge eating" I just don't do it. If I sit there all day anxious about binge eating, I end up doing what I worried I would do. So I've been trying to stay occupied and leave the anxiety behind. I am more than just a binge eater! Also not eating sweets.... if I touch them I go crazy... :I

April 18th, 2013.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane: 13
    Binge: 4

:smile:
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    April 17

Me-17
    Binge Monster-0

Wow is right. I'm proud of you!
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options

SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!

And that is a HUGE victory, not a small one!

So happy for you!
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in last night. Busy getting ready to get out of town for a few days.

April 2013

4/17/13

Poppy : 16
    the binge: 1

The trick will be staying relatively on target while out of town. Not worried about bingeing so much as general overeating (and drinking)....
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me: 17
    The binge: 0

This is the longest I've went without binging in a long time. I'm starting to recognize how I feel before I binge & have had days where I've been able to talk myself down. I am nervous about going out to eat with my husband tomorrow night, I hate eating away from home. I feel like I have little control as to what is going into my food & there is so much temptation. I'm going to decide today where we are going (hubby has left it up to me) and decide exactly what I will have while we are there. Yikes.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Through April 17
    Me 12
    The Binge 5

I've been binge free for 3 days :) Still pushing for the end of April. I've got Ragnar Relay this weekend, but hopefully good times, distractions, running and friends help me, I just have to remember to keep my stress low.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,353 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 16
    The Binge - 1

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4-18-13
    Jul: 14
    Binge: 4 (4/4, 4/5, 4/11, 4/12)

I definitely overate yesterday but stopped myself before it was a full on binge. I've been contemplating with the ideas of IF, which I unintentionally do anyways and have heard a lot of buzz about. My purpose for IF would be to have the freedom to NOT thing about food for 16 hours (8 of which I'd be asleep). I typically eat dinner at 5 or 5:30pm and then don't eat again until the next morning..around 9 or 10. I'm not changing anything else, but actually working towards freeing my mind from food for a period of time each day..hoping to make eating more natural and really listen to hunger cues. This is very aspirational, I'll see how it goes!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I can't tell you how great it is to read this. I might print it out..as a secret weapon. I understand my pattern too..and there is a HUGE difference between eating an item I crave..and then desiring every single thing I normally do not allow myself to have. You are such a model, WOW.
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 17

Me: 12
    Binge: 5

Bad night last night
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me - 14
    Binge - 3
    VICTORY!!! Free goodies at work are a huge downfall for me. I have a total hangup about getting "my share". Somebody brought in doughnuts yesterday, and there were in the break room ALL DAY because so many people were out of the office. I decided when I saw the announcement that I wasn't going to have one - one bite of a sugary treat is all it takes to send me into a sugar spiral, and yesterday was day 6 of eating on track, I was NOT going to get derailed by doughnuts. I did it! Today's day 7 ... bring it on!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    April 18 2013:

Jaimee: 2
    Binge: 6 (4/1, 4/5, 4/6, 4/13, 4/15, 4/16)

Days did not log the binge: 0

Binge Dates:
    Drinking bender on 4/1.
    Drinking bender on 4/5.
    Dinner with a friend on 4/6.
    Another dinner run 4/13, wtf!
    Lost all inhibitions, 4/15.
    Deep depression takes control, 4/16.

I've gone back and logged all my binges. It's calculated. I know exactly what I ate, when I ate it, and how much of it I ate. It's like I'm plotting against myself at all times. I'm in a bad place right now and I just can't shake it.