• Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 19
    Binge: 2
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    have just joined this group as binging is a major obstacle in my weight loss- its either no biscuits or the whole packet!! i can never stop at just one!

Again it happened this weekend, had a very successful week- weighed myself on Friday and had lost 2lb! only to go and eat about 25- 25!- flapjacks over the course of the weekend! (BBC Feelgood flapjacks)

logged it all on MFP, - 1960 calories over- i cried my eyes out yet again.....

i tired to argue that there was no sugar added, all good stuff, banana, apple, nuts and seeds. You should really check out the recipe- they are just sooo good!!!

Other then that my diet is always healthy- its just this stupid binging. Please help me!

Me:0
    the binge: 2 :(
  • Ingadinga
    Ingadinga Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Inga: 16
    Binge: 5

Just joined the group, it's been a bad month for me. Need to resist the urge, and do something constructive vs destructive. I'm checking out books that others have recommended on here.
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a good run... I'm still pretty proud of making it as long as I did. Now I just have to strive for a little longer next time. Things kind of fell apart this weekend in slow motion, but I'm already working on getting back on my feet. I won't say for tonight yet, but for the past few days that I haven't:

As of 4/21

Me: 19
    Binge: 2
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Um... I don't know why I overate today.

I had a headache and kept feeling the need to eat. I kind of felt low energy - but I don't know if I was really hungry... I can't really explain how I felt I don't know I thought I needed food..
    I'm thinking it was sugar withdrawal symptoms

After a very sugary binge day... I always go cold turkey back to healthy foods and I think the low carb/low sugar day made me feel crappy... too drastic.

So.. I ended up having an afternoon overeating or binge (not sure).. I am up to 2,700 calories total today. I will refrain from mentioning the specific foods because I know it can trigger.

I ate atleast 1,700 in 30 mins or less.

Either this crappy feeling is from the sugar up and downs or it's from too much coffee drinking. I feel like I need to slow down on my coffee and sugar intake... maybe sweeteners too.. .:/ To me it makes it difficult to refrain from binges if I have too much of these things. My body doesn't thank me.

So today wasn't emotional but it was like I was shoving sugar and food down my throat to rid me of the crappy headache and blah physical feeling... It did help. I don't know why the bunch of calories helped. I regret going over calories; though. :c
    What the hell is wrong with me?
  • kzhang1026
    Options
    Joined this group and started to use myfitnesspal again recently to try and lose some weight and get healthy, have been having a bad problem with binging lately.

Starting today:

Me: 0
    Binge: 0
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    22nd April.

Kate - 18.
    Binge - 4.
  • traceycalaway
    traceycalaway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me 16
    binge 4
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Binged Sunday night. I sort of planed it all afternoon. It's my last opportunity to eat in secret as my husband returns on Monday. I don't feel good about what I did but I logged everything and I'm back on track today.

This sounds like something I would do. At least it wasn't all weekend long which makes me very proud of you. It's a new week and you can look forward to hubby coming home. Yay! :))))

Heather: 21
    Binge: 1
  • elowder77
    elowder77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me: 13
    B: 9

i haven't binged, but i'm not proud of overeating a trigger food last night for a snack. it was precipitated by not eating very healthy choices all day. i was within my caloric goal, just not nourishing myself well enough which prob led to the feelings that i need to keep eating my snack. so i'm disappointed. but i'm not giving up!
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    April 22

Me-18
    The B-4

Husband is back so things should get a little bit back to normal. Fingers crossed.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 22

ME: 9
    BINGE: 13

Sorry been AWOL with my postings. Back at it, though, and finally a winning day today.
  • bextalee
    bextalee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi people, looking for some realistic advice..
    As I've been at home revising for my exam for the past 3 days, its been a binge eating 3 days. I know for sure that I've put on weight and honestly the thought mortifies me.
    I'm desperate to lose it as soon as my exam is over tomorrow. I just wanted to ask you, in your opinion could I lose the amount I binged on in 4 days if I go to the gym everyday and aim to burn 1,500 calories a day? In my binging sessions I probably consumed 1000 calories. I know I'm sounding crazy, but I feel like I've lost my battle which I was fighting so hard for.
    Any advise is always much appreciated
    Bexta
  • Wildflowerangel
    Wildflowerangel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's April 18th, and so far:

Me- 18
    Binge- 0

I'm so happy! Just a few weeks ago, I found myself binging quite a bit. I started logging everything I ate and events that happened just prior to binge eating, and I finally pinpointed what makes me binge eat. I was even able to eat healthy when my friend came to visit last weekend. I already feel a lot better! :smile:

Welp... It's April 22nd, and the score is now:

Me- 20
    Binge- 2

I dunno what happened. I had no trigger emotions. I was eating enough (and I hadn't been feeling hungry or having cravings). I was drinking enough water. I just got insanely hungry and had uncontrollable cravings over the weekend. I wonder if it's because I didn't exercise as much towards the end of the week? That sounds weird, but exercise does seem to calm down my appetite. I started craving something, and I tried to get my mind off of it for an hour. I'd still be craving it after an hour or more. I wasn't just having cravings, I was really hungry.. as in stomach growling and feeling hollow. I actually dreamnt about food over the weekend! Wth? Today wasn't so bad, but for some reason this past weekend was awful. I also wonder if it has to do with that time of the month being nearby? Oh well. Maybe the rest of the week will be better.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 21
    The Binge: 1

I stopped!! One day has always led to several more...:happy:
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    As I've been at home revising for my exam for the past 3 days, its been a binge eating 3 days. I know for sure that I've put on weight and honestly the thought mortifies me.
    I'm desperate to lose it as soon as my exam is over tomorrow. I just wanted to ask you, in your opinion could I lose the amount I binged on in 4 days if I go to the gym everyday and aim to burn 1,500 calories a day? In my binging sessions I probably consumed 1000 calories. I know I'm sounding crazy, but I feel like I've lost my battle which I was fighting so hard for.
    Bexta

Hi again, Bexta!
    For me, trying to get rid of the weight so fast would not work. Too severe restrictions have just triggered me to binge again. I would eat a bit less and exercise a bit more and know that the weight will come off eventually. I have to keep reminding my self that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, so one three day binge will not change my long term goal, which is to get a healthy relationship with food.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    April 2013:
    Mollie - 18
    The Binge - 4

Days did not log it all - 2
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 22

Me: 15

Me: 7

So proud of the choices I made today!!
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    April 22

Me - 21
    Bingemonster - 1 (4/19)

Oh bingemonster tried so hard to get me yesterday, but I won!

I love this thread, it is really helping me stay accountable. Thanks so much for being here folks!

:heart:
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Bexta

Hi again, Bexta!
    For me, trying to get rid of the weight so fast would not work. Too severe restrictions have just triggered me to binge again. I would eat a bit less and exercise a bit more and know that the weight will come off eventually. I have to keep reminding my self that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, so one three day binge will not change my long term goal, which is to get a healthy relationship with food.

QFT

Yepper, good advice here! :-)