2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late to join the star challenge this week, put me down for 9,100 and if it is, I'll just start next week.

I live in Seattle, Wa where according to the rest of the United States it rains all the time and we all drink coffee and wear birkenstocks. I was born and raised here, and left only to attend college in Bellingham, WA (close to the Canadian border). Our weather here is actually pretty mild. We get the occasional snow/cold in the winter and very rainy springs that usually have a few teaser days thrown in (for example this weekend it's supposed be 75+). Our summers don't start until July 5th, no joke the 4th is usually raining and/or cloudy, but they last well into the first week of October. Our falls are much like our springs, but darker.

I will say the summers here are well worth the 8 months of rain and gloom. There is no better place to be than Seattle in August on the water somewhere. There is no shortage of things to do outdoors. Lot's of trails in the city or you are about 45 minutes away from a mountain pass with great hiking. Lot's of water sports in the summer and we are within 3 major ski areas for the winter.

Beeps - that is such an awesome transformation! Thank you for sharing it with everyone. I hope to have some photos like that of my own to share at somepoint.

RisOnTheRun - thanks for all the help/info!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    ramalem - welcome to the STAR challenge! I've recorded your weekly calories in the chart.

We run Monday through Sunday, so hope you logged the last 2 days!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Sure did!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Beeps!! That is awesome work! I don't care if your posing "helped". You have definiately transformed your body.

Track was fun. I ate too much. And drank too much.

Amy, I'm a landscape architect, but I don't "do yards". I do civil engineering and planning and zoning mostly. After I had Daphne, I went to hourly and am currently working 4 day weeks (usually). I have kind of set a precedent that I don't work tons and sort of do what I want. My boss is awesome and let's me have a flexible schedule as long as I get my work done. I've actually felt pretty bad lately. The 3 guys in my department have been working their @sses off on a project I'm not involved in...like pulling all nighters, and I'm just "off to the track"..... :frown:

There's another good question: What do you all do?

I was up 1.5 pounds yesterday; more today. :sad: I think it's some overage on sodium. My goal is to be down 3.5 pounds from today by next Friday. Yeah..... I am excited to see my measurements though. I've got some lifting planned for right after work tonight and I need to get a decent run in tomorrow to cover some mimosas.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Another good day for me yesterday. Took the pup for a nice 2 mile walk, we would have gone longer, but it was pretty hot out and she looked like she needed some water. Then I went home and did my Pregnancy Project DVD. It is supposed to storm here this afternoon/evening, so it might be a treadmill night, which is ok because then I can get an incline. The scale is down a couple pounds as of today. But, my bump is still getting bigger, so I am thinking the baby is ok :happy: No big plans for the weekend, so I really hope to keep the healthy momentum going. I am just thrilled to be feeling better, everyone told me once you hit the second trimester everything changes and they weren't kidding, I feel like a totally different person from last month!

I work at a University as an Assistant Controller. I have been here for about 2 and a half years. So basically just boring accounting stuff :wink: But, I really like what I do. I supervise payroll and accounts payable, so those 2 departments definitely keep me busy!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I work in Policy for a Federal agency.
    I managed to stay pretty low yesterday, a little over on the 900 but not bad, considering I even had 3-2-1 cake for dessert.
    I made a gumbo with itty bitty shrimp I got from that Beetnik foods order, some andoille sausage and a gumbo mix (dry packet by Bear Creek) my husband liked it better than the Zatarains, but that is usually red beans and rice. the gumbo had no beans... It was under 300 cals per serving, I told him to make himself a dang quesadilla (napolean dynamite reference).
    Anyway, I was glad to have my breakfast today:bigsmile: the next three days are 1500 cal days!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Welcome, Ramalem!
    So, Ashley, who are you going to the track with if it's not for work? Have fun!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Better - most of the "scale # up" is likely bloat, so it should move off your body, for SURE, by next Friday (with nutrition-plan vigilance, of course!) - thank you for your kind words, re: my "transformation".

Chloe - you'll LOVE the 2nd trimester! tons of energy, baby bump noticeable, but not getting in the "way", etc.! YAHOO!!

Amy - I had my bigger calorie day, yesterday - and it was AWESOME! Back to teeny-tiny calories, for me, for the next 2 days.

I'm a boring ol' corporate lawyer in a 9,000 employee company. big whoop....
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ramalem!

Beeps - WOW girlfriend!! :drinker: Awesome transformation, my friend! Your hard work definitely paid off, so excited for you! Look at the cuts on your abs :wolf whistle: What more can I say, congrats!

Chloe - so glad to hear you are feeling better.

Ashley - the water weight will come off quickly!

Amy - mmmm, gumbo!!!

That's all I can see! Hope everyone else is having a great week!

I have been a speech language pathologist in an elementary school for the last 7 years and will continue to be one for only 3 and half more weeks!! I resigned :bigsmile: I will continue to teach my Zumba classes and will be adding a Zumba Toning class in June (light weights class). I also hope to renew my personal training certificate and get licensed in fitness nutrition.

In addition, I am working on the fitness dvd project with my sister in law. As of right now, we have a music director who has composed some music for us. We will actually do a filming run through with our producer after Memorial Day and then film a demo in June so we can pitch to 3rd party investors. This past week it has actually been a bit of a sore subject with my husband, so I really don't know how this whole thing will pan out (please keep your fingers crossed) It has been a bit stressful but I am trying not to let it affect my personal fitness goals.

Thankfully, my weight has maintained, even with my lack of tracking and binging last week. I've had a good week so far and only Saturday will there be cheats (bridal shower and Cinco de Mayo dinner at my BFF's). Just gonna keep moving forward!

Ok ladies, keep up the awesome work!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Welcome, Ramalem!
    So, Ashley, who are you going to the track with if it's not for work? Have fun!
    My husband is also in the industry, so he was invited by an irrigation designer/company we both work with. (I always say people get 2 for 1 when they invite us). It was ultimately a Homebuilders Association event. So I just took a "half day", really a quarter day. Technically I only have to work 60 hours over 2 weeks, so everything is flexible. :smile:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Everyone here has such interesting jobs!

I am a social media marketing manager in the cruise industry, which has been pretttty interesting in the last few months. I work for Holland America Line which is owned by Carnival. Lot's of interesting conversations lately.

I've been noticing you girls talking a lot about higher calorie days, and I've often wondered if that's a good way to go. Do you guys see success with higher cal days, and then shrinking the calories other days?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jenomaha - wow - CONGRATULATIONS on being an "entrepreneur" - BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE were when I was one! PS - post me some pics of your ABS....I'm still AIMING for THOSE, you know! YOU MOTIVATE ME!

ramalem - I'm kind of new to the "calorie-cycling" game....for the longest time, I really needed the SAME amount of calories, everyday, to get into the SAME routine, because, for me, it meant I just didn't waiver off that "line" very much. Now that I'm kind of "plateau-ing", I'm trying calorie-cycling to see if it gets the scale moving (down) again!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I aim for 1350 a day with a 2000 calorie cheat day. Truth be told, I usually eat more than that. I find about every 3rd day of "eating light", I get hungry and eat more. I figured out my TDEE with a little Googling, and find that it really does hold true. Other than this week and one other, I have been losing at about my calculated rate as I have been 100% honestly logging.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Better_Balanc that's about what I'm doing to and it seems to be working (aside from last weekend where I didn't track at all :( )

Thanks for the follow up Beeps!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread moves fast! So just three quick things:

Amy--Love Gwyneth Paltrow. I meant to respond to your question before and then forgot. I don't really follow much celebrity gossip (though my husband loves TMZ so I see a lot more of it now) so I don't know much about her, but she's just gorgeous. Though I hear (thanks to TMZ) shes doesn't shave her legs. I don't really know why it should matter but it does detract a little from my image of her as being perfect.

Ashley--I'm a tax attorney. There's probably not too much out there that's less exciting!

My attempt to be good this week has been a failure. I didn't log the snacks I had at a work event until after I had eaten dinner and found out that I was a way over, and was over the night before too. So today I need to be good. I have my day mostly planned and I'm going to make a healthy dinner out of all the random veggies I have at home that will go bad if I don't eat them before I go out of town.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, so, I have several challenges this weekend...there was only supposed to be one day of it and it has turned into 3 days!! Tomorrow night, after a Zumba event I'm sure everyone will go to our local Mexican joint, my plan, 1 margarita. Saturday, Cinco de Mayo at my BFF's house, my plan, bring my own meal and make the dessert so I know exactly how many cals are in it and limit drinks to 2 or 3. Sunday, I have a Bridal Shower (I thought it was Saturday) I have no clue what they are serving, so maybe stick to fruit and skip the cake? If I have a plan, I may be more successful!! Fingers crossed! Why so rigid? Because I plan on enjoying myself Mother's Day weekend in Chicago :bigsmile:

Ris, I read somewhere recently how far along you are but can't find it now. And I'm so jealous of your trip, I love New York!!

Beeps - My abs ain't so hot right now. As soon as I have a good day, I may snap a pic :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It is SUPPOSED to get up to >20 degrees (celsius) this weekend! The SUN is supposed to shine!

Yes, I have company, but I don't care.....maybe, FINALLY, spring has arrived!

If nothing else, I am wearing capri pants and sandals, today....first time in 2013!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Hooray for good weather Beeps, we are supposed to hit 80 this weekend which is unheard of for this time of year here.

Jenomaha, I need to formulate a plan for the weekend as well. Hotter weather means lots of outside happy hours, which means lot's of calories! Good luck with the weekend!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Jen, that is exciting, lots of big changes for you! Is your husband anxious about you resigning?
    Everything works out for the best, doesn't it? Or is that just what we tell ourselves? My husband is going to quit the day job and do comedy and writing but we're trying to get a plan so not sure when it will happen. It's exciting but scary too and we don't have any kids!

Last night I was so hungry! I tried to make good choices when we went out to eat but I tried to log everything and it was way more than I thought, so I have to make up 500 calories before Sunday. I think it will be ok if I do 1200 today (instead of 1500) and exercise 200 off tomorrow. It will be hard, though, because I am doing art walk with friends and I don't know what we will have for dinner. I could eat first and avoid the whole situ, but that seems extreme!

Beeps, it's May so I think you can break out the capris and sandals! I just found my jean capris, yah!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    This is interesting finding out what people do for a living. I am an Accounting Manager for a small company with two divisions - IT & Construction. I know it's a weird combination but it works for us. I work part time and I pretty much set my schedule. Right now I work three days/wk for about 15-18 hrs and that is working out really well. I don't have to pay for childcare outside the school day schedule and I still get some time to run errands and get stuff done on my off days while the kids are in school - nice!