2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    And I've closed my diary because I'm afraid of the scrutiny.

True Story.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Doctors appt is tomorrow at 9:30....will let you guys know as soon as I do :happy: Either way I just want to know what the heck is up with my body, I fell like I have been PMSing for a month!

I have had a pretty crappy week with eating and exercising, not gonna lie. I have big plans for food prep this weekend to get myself back on track next week. I am really going to focus on eating as clean as possibly. So far this week I got a good walk/run in yesterday and weights (mostly upper body) on Tuesday. I want to restate/revise my goals for October:

1) Eat as clean as possible
    2) Keep sugar minimal (this has gotten a little out of hand lately)
    3) Alcohol only 2 days max
    4) weights 2 days a week
    5) run/walk at least 5 days
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    CHLOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lord, woman, I can't take the CURIOSITY!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Post here, quickly, Chloe....
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yes, Chloe, hope you found out what's going on with you!
    Last night I was able to jog around the lake, but my heart rate stayed pretty high, so I don't know if it is being out of shape and not running for a week, or what. I had some red wine with my friend for dinner, but the eating was pretty good yesterday and I stayed pretty close with the jog. I weighed myself for the first time in several months and was 114.5. Better than I really expected!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Not pregnant.... a little bummed, but I'm ok with it. He gave me some drugs to get my period and hopefully start to get myself regular. He said not to worry at all. I have only been off the pill for 3 months and this is totally normal. (I had also been on the pill for like 10 years straight). So now that all that stress is over its time to get my SH** together with eating healthy! I totally fell off the wagon this week. Thanks for the support ladies :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy, you must be SO tiny! 114.5 - WOW! Congrats! I think I weighed that when i was, maybe, 13?

Chloe - I guess it takes all kinds....I went off the pill at age 31 after MORE than 10 years on it. Got my period one month later and was pregnant the month after that! Like C-L-O-C-K-W-O-R-K.

It's all good - you get to go TRY and make babies!! What could be MORE FUN THAN THAT!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that Chloe! Sometimes it does take a while to get back to normal after going off BCP. After I went off (after being on it for 10 years or so) I didn't get a period at all for about 3 months, and a year later it's still not completely regular but, but getting there. It just takes a little time.

Nice work Amy! That is tiny.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I am happy I can come here to vent because I really don't like to talk about it with anyone but my husband...(and my mom a little bit, but I hate getting her hopes up about stuff like this until it actually happens). So I had a pretty crappy weekend with eating and exercise. Mostly because of boredom. The weather sucked here this weekend and made me totally unmotivated. I felt like I ate alot this weekend, but not very bad food. I did do some food prep yesterday though. So I feel great starting this week out strong.

I think I am going to change up my logging starting today. I am going to set my goal at 1200 and start logging exercise cals again using my heart rate monitor. I think that keeps me more motivated to workout and that is what I am struggling with right now. I am going to stick with these goals at least through the end of the month and see if that gets me back on track.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I had a really great weekend with my nephews and my brother and his wife. It was BUSY!

And, my kids had sporting events all over town. So, I didn't get any work-outs in, and I didn't really eat that well. I just put X's through yesterday's calendar - for me, they just don't count!

I'll be back to the gym, today, and back on eating plan. So, it's all good!! Happy half-way through October, ladies!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Beeps- I'm with you...an x through this weekend due to poor planning on my part. But ready to knock out this week.

Chloe- Glad you got some information on what's going on so you can move forward!!

Got my workout in this morning, as I mentioned in my comment to Beeps...my eating wasn't exactly on par this weekend so I've got some work ahead of me this week. Nothing a bit of strictness (that I should have had this weekend!) won't alleviate but goes to show my weekends still are where I need the most accountability!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sorry Chloe, but glad to hear you're getting stuff straightened out. I was on the pill for about 16 years prior to conceiving. My husband and I were pretty laid back the first 3 or so months just trying to get my cycles normal. Then we got serious and did ovulation testing and all that stuff. Three months later, it happened. So good luck on your continued quest!

Amy, some days I have a hard time running and some days not as much. Weather is a contributing factor: hot = hard, cooler = less hard. Humidity sucks too. Also how much I've had to eat affects me. Maybe because you've been eating less, you're having a hard time? 114? THat is tiny! I weighed around that when I did Slim Fast and ate nothing when I was in high school......If I remember, you're around 5'2" also? I am 5'2" and sitting in the mid to high 120's which is on my low end of average. My frame is a bit above average though I think. Good for you!

Beeps, that's funny abou tthe scrutinity because I totally went to your diary to see your binge, but alas! :wink: I guess it keeps you honest though, right? I know I didn't log my wine, beer, gyro, and french fries from Friday. But check out my yesterday. And I probably underestimated.....stupid deliscious fall beer.

Mama, sounds like you're on track!

Hello to everyone else and I hope you all had nice weekends.

Well, last week was not great, but I finished strong with a 3.4 mile run with my kiddo and friend on Friday, and a 2.5 mile run on the mill yesterday that I did between 9-9.5 minute miles and it wasn't bad. I have gotten faster pushing that damn stroller around! I also did my burpees and we walked a lot. I'm going to focus on the weights this week and do a couple runs. I'm still battling sickness and my baby had a fever all weekend and was up a good amount last night so I'm pretty much dragging @ss today. I don't know if she has a virus or teething or both. She's going to the dr. this afternoon. Poor little munchkin. I hate hate hate having a sick baby.

Here's to another week! Hope they are all good for you!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, I picked a bad time to get strict, I just got bad news about my dad's health, he has cancer. they biopsied the bone but they can't say where it came from, they suspect the kidneys. I just feel very anxious and just want to cry and drink wine! and eat ice cream, oh, and smoke, I actually smoked...
    I did run around the lake on Saturday, with my sunglasses on so I could cry the whole time. I guess there is a team of doctors meeting this week to discuss his case, it's just hard to feel so helpless and not be able to do anything useful, and it just doesn't seem fair:cry:
    So, I don't even want to go out for Halloween at this point...
  • kdpk
    kdpk Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just wondering if I can join in with you all. So far I have lost 10 pounds and need to lose 5 more. I can get down 3, but then I always sabatoge myself. However, it's interferring with my family life and I want to make better decisions. Any advice or help would be wonderful. I've been using this website for a month, but I struggle because I only have 5 lbs to lose. I'm happy to find people who are like me. Thanks for letting me join in!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! It's an awful feeling to be so sad and worried and not really be able to do anything about it. I'll be praying for you and your dad. This is certainly no time to beat yourself up about how you've been dealing with it all, but I'm glad you got a run in. Obviously counting calories is probably the last thing on your mind, but there is definitely something therapeutic about running.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Welcome kdpk! You'll find that a lot of people here are in the same boat. We all set different challenges for ourselve every two weeks and then report on our progress. Everyone has their own strategy, but some common themes are to do more weight lifting, increase the proportion of calories that come from protein, and generally stay within the calorie limits that we set for ourselve on MFP.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    mama - this last weekend was our last weekend for company for, I believe, the remainder of 2012. So, I also believe I will have a much easier time being "on track" when there aren't people to "entertain", no card-playing late into the night, etc. At least, that is my hope.

Better - I did log all my "indiscretions" (except last night's - I was just too tired and went to bed), but am keeping my diary low while I work on this fasting stuff.....I'll open it back up again, later, and everyone can peek.

Amy - I am VERY sorry to read about your father. That isn't good news and you must be quite frightened! Please just try and take good care of yourself and if it turns out you just aren't feeling hip to party on Halloween, so it is. (((Amy)))
  • kdpk
    kdpk Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Honestly, I feel the same behaviors coming in, and I need some accountability. I'm excited for more help! Every bit helps!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this Amy. I will keep you, your Dad and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I have run and cry a lot throughout my life. It can be very therapuetic. Take care of yourself chick. Hugs. :flowerforyou:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Oh Amy I am so sorry to hear what you and your family are going through. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts. And a good run with some crying mixed in can be some of the best therapy ever! Do whatever you need to do to keep your spirits up.