2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Well Columbus day was a bump in my little road! I kept things in check through a road trip to see my mother in law, even got a run in on Sunday. However, yesterday the kids and I spent the day shopping and we ate out. A little blip but I'm back on track today. I guess my goal of no cheats until the party went out the window. LoL. But in better news, I'm on to week 5 of LP with a little higher calories where I'm more comfortable. And workouts are added back in. So I'm feeling pretty confident that, although the reintroduction of workouts and the eating out Monday will skew the scale on Friday, I can stay on target to continue doing well with LP. Fingers crossed!!

kc- The internet is amazing! Glad you found something you are happy with. Gotta love youtube and all those ladies out there who pop out free online workouts!!

Kate- Glad you are back! Smart angle with hopping back into everything. I know just a week off from workouts during LPs program left me dragging major butt on my run Sunday and I'm so sore from weights yesterday! Sounds like a great plan and a chance to experiment with something new!

Beeps- How was the holiday?

Ashley- Feel better girlie!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Sounds like everyone is working towards "goals" - so I think that is a very good thing!

Thanksgiving was wonderful! I *did* eat MORE than I had planned, on Sunday. However, I did NOT eat anything I didn't want to....so, it was just "too big of portions" of the stuff I did like. So, yesterday was a pretty low-calorie day, to try and undo some of Sunday's damage.

Otherwise, it was a good weekend and I was in a deficit all weekend, except Sunday. The problem with the 'deficit' is that I'm not getting in all my protein. I'm usually over 100g, but I didn't get over 125g on ANY day this (long) weekend. That's contrary to my posted goals!

So, I'm going to continue with the protein challenge. I did get my lifting in, yesterday, and am pretty comfortable, now, in Phase 2 of NROL4Abs....8 more work-outs in that Phase. I'll try and get a little more stretching in this week. I'll probably get less cardio in, but who knows?

How's everyone else doing?

PS - I think my *big* news is that my period showed up, today! Why is that "big news"?? Because, usually, the 1-2 days PRIOR, I'm just ravenous and eating NOTHING but junk foods and tons-o-carbs. Somehow, I didn't do this, at all....and, i wasn't "planning" on being that steel-y, yet, because I didn't think my period was coming until end of this week. So, if nothing else, I managed to NOT late-night-snack on any days in the last week and I managed, somehow, to NOT give in to any carb-temptations or junk-temptations as my period came around.

THIS IS A SERIOUS FIRST, FOR ME!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Way to go Beeps! Let me ask you this question, and please don't take offense. (I'm sure you won't.) I ask this because I am not your "typical girl" that gets b*tchy, hungry, crampy, bloaty and generally miserable when having my period. (Although I haven't had one in 18 months, so who knows what will happens when it returns). Do you think you tend to overeat before your period because you physically want to, or do you think it's a mental switch that signals your body, "it's that time of the month, I can do a little binging". I know I "make excuses" when I'm sick (check out all my carbs from yesterday), or hungover. I *allow* myself things I generally wouldn't eat because I "don't feel well". Or do you think it's because you're legitimately eating better and thus flushing your body of crap you usually like to eat? Just curious. Regardless, you are doing outstanding! I'm especially impressed with your Thanksgiving outcome.

Mama, it's only a day. You have been doing so good; no biggie!

Way to go on logging KC!

Welcome back Rogie.

And welcome back Kate!

I'm feeling somewhat better today. Less congestion in my nose, now it is in my throat/chest. I don't know if that means I'm getting worse or better. I feel better. I'm going to try to run tonight. I'm thinking lifting is relatively pointless this week as I am literally feeling a little weak. I can probably knock out an easy run though. Temps are in the mid 60's so perfect weather. I didn't do my burpees so I have 20 to do today. Are you all doing them with pushups? I am not.

Well, this week is not going to be stellar because I'm still not 100%. I also have a night meeting tomorrow, and day care pickup, then errands, then friends coming over Thursday night so my workouts are suffering. Next week, I'll be back in full force! I'd really like to get through 8 strong weeks of lifting, although I just looked at my calendar and saw week 8 is Thanksgiving week and we are traveling that week. I'll do my best. After Thanksgiving I'm thinking about giving 6week 6pack another go and then start my mini marathon training towards the end of January. I'm doing my first mini 4/27!

Well, I guess I've got my goals set till spring of next year! :wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies..I am embarrassed to say I totally bombed yesterday. I was so nauseous yesterday morning that I just kept eating because I felt like it would help and it did, but then I felt like a big blob last night and did not workout. So I thought I was either getting the flu or pregnant (which is a possibility bc I haven't had a period in almost 8 weeks). But, I took a test this morning and negative. I am going to the doc Friday to see what is going on with my period. I have been off the pill for like 3 months and have only had one period since. He also said they want to take a blood test to make sure I'm not pregnant.....confused me because that what I thought the pee tests were for? Anyways, I just feel a little off this week. Being nauseous is one of the worst things ever for me, I think I would rather be in pain then feel like this. Thanks for letting me vent. I am going to get in a workout tonight, I know that will make me feel better.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies..I am embarrassed to say I totally bombed yesterday. I was so nauseous yesterday morning that I just kept eating because I felt like it would help and it did, but then I felt like a big blob last night and did not workout. So I thought I was either getting the flu or pregnant (which is a possibility bc I haven't had a period in almost 8 weeks). But, I took a test this morning and negative. I am going to the doc Friday to see what is going on with my period. I have been off the pill for like 3 months and have only had one period since. He also said they want to take a blood test to make sure I'm not pregnant.....confused me because that what I thought the pee tests were for? Anyways, I just feel a little off this week. Being nauseous is one of the worst things ever for me, I think I would rather be in pain then feel like this. Thanks for letting me vent. I am going to get in a workout tonight, I know that will make me feel better.

FWIW, my cousin just found out that she's pregnant and she did 3 at home pregnancy tests that all came back negative. She went to the doctor because she was late and feeling kind of icky, so they did a blood test on her. She didn't even believe the doctor when the blood tests came back positive (they did another one a week later to make sure, she is definitely pregnant), so I suppose my point is that at home tests can produce false negatives? They certainly did for her! Not that I'm saying your pregnant, but I thought I'd share what happened to her.

I also had a bad night last night too. My body is raging against me for the last week between getting over a cold and TOM, so I skipped the gym and gorged on a skinnytaste recipe I made. I guess there are worse things to binge on, but I still am kind of mad. Today will be a better day, going to zumba tonight for sure.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Rogie- Thanks for the info. Yea I have read that does happen sometimes...kinda crazy that it just happened to your cousin! I would be ecstatic if I was pregnant we are trying, but I didn't think it would happen this fast.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Chloe - I'd go and get a different brand of pregnancy test and try again....sounds pretty symptomatic of pregnancy, if you ask me - i.e. 8 weeks without a period AND nausea!!

Better_Balance - the truth is, late-night-snacking is a TRUE nemesis of mine. I have been working on it for over a year, now. I USED to late-night snack probably 1 out of every 2 nights. Now, I am down to 4 times per month. And, those LNS episodes are "planned" - meaning: instead of planning a "cheat meal" or something, I permit myself to have late-night popcorn - and I try and make sure it is within my alotted calories.

I am writing THAT as a back-story to my pre-menstrual situation. I don't suffer many pre-menstrual symptoms, at all. Never have. I'm rarely crampy. I don't think I bloat too much - although i should try and pay attention to this, because maybe I do....but, I usually equate bloat with carb-eating. And, I suffer no mental-angst at all. Lucky me!

BUT, what DOES happen, as I've started tracking things, is that I usually get these inexplicable "cravings" a day-or-two before. I just feel VERY, VERY hungry, but not for anything "healthy". Meaning: I could eat a very sensible dinner, chicken/fish, hot veggies, and a small starch, and within one hour, I'm grazing. And eating every CRUNCHY thing in the pantry. And then every SALTY thing in the pantry. And then every SWEET thing in the pantry. And then it's back to CRUNCHY.

It ends up being a HUGE binge....I NEVER used to "notice" it, because it was masked by all the late-night snacking I used to do, anyway. Now that I don't late-night snack, there's always been this day-or-two that I cannot control. Cannot. I have tried to and all that ends up happening is that, before I go to bed, I'm just grazing, grazing, grazing....

And then, as fast as it started, it's done. Boom, my period would show up and it was over. Again, I didn't notice this all the rest of my life because I was late-night snacking nearly all the time, anywa. But, in quitting THAT, it has become PATENTLY obvious how connected to my period it is.

So, I have NO idea why that didn't happen this month....or, maybe it's yet to come! I won't feel 100% confident that it "isnt' happening" until my period is over and done with. But, if I make it through the next 5 days without that grazing, grazing, grazing feeling, I'm going to be REALLY HAPPY WITH MYSELF!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Chloe, fingers crossing! :smile: I got a negative test when I was almost a week late, and 6 days later got a positive.

Beeps, that is strange. Well whatever it is, I'm glad you had a good month without the snacking....so far. :wink: I tend to like to snack on everything after work before dinner. I'm a salty crunchy person myself.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Thanks everybody! And Beeps I have tried 2 different brands and I'm sick of spending money on these things and they just keep coming back negative! :grumble: I wish I knew how late I was, but because my period has been so screwed up since being off the pill I have no idea when its supposed to come. I do know that it has been 7 weeks since the start date of my last period.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    When's your dr appointment, again? They should draw blood, right??
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    The appointment is Friday morning. I am assuming they are drawing blood, I am going to request it if not.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Chloe- Good luck with the Doctor's appointment! Hopefully you get some answers!!

Back on track yesterday, workout this Am, food packed for the work day. Things should be smooth today. Work's hectic but that only means that planning keeps me a little saner. So all is well with this Wednesday. I hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday! :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sounds great, mama!

I didn't snack last night....but, did feel "crampy" through my sleep. Hmmmmm.....anyway, I'm trying to ignore it and just keep keeping on. I won't weigh until Thursday (in case there *is* bloat)!

Today, I lift.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I suck this week. Yesterday was my only opportunity to work out and my workout ended up being walking up to our pizza place. We order thin, wheat crust, low fat cheese, and sensible toppings, but my 22oz Oktoberfest wasn't sensible. Or the half bottle of red wine I drank after. Oh well..... I did my burpees and my make up burpees (after said beer and wine) so there was that. The good news is I am feeling about 75% better. Still stuffy nose, but I FEEL better so that's a start. Friday I have off and spending the day with a friend. If the weather is nice, we're going for a run.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    sorry, I will catch up on the posts but I have a big two-week mermaid challenge:
    1. eat in 10-hour window
    2. cals at 1200
    3. workout 3 times per week (one hour, 30 mins cardio, 30 mins strength, or circuit)
    4. limit drinking to 2 glasses of red wine twice per week
    5. limit carbs (trying the 40/30/30 for carbs/fat/protein)

I am going to grocery shopping and will be whipping up an egg dish for breakfast and a stir fry for lunches and dinners.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Better - you don't "suck"....you just have lots of things going on and, well, distractions can be DISTRACTING! You'll get right back on track - I'm not worried about you.

Amy!! I was WONDERING what you've been up to! Your "mermaid" challenge is similar to what I've been doing for 3 weeks - I'm eating in a 6-hour window, cals are at 1,200 (they were at 1,400 for week 1, 1,300 for week 2, 1,200 for week 3 - which is this week!) and I'm doing a 40/25/35 (protein/carbs/fat). Can't wait to see your pictures!! (I've lost 4 lbs doing this!)

On Friday, I'll be half-way through Phase 2, NROL4Abs. This program is ZOOMING along!
  • SarahClag
    SarahClag Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Better- I saw your pizza from yesterday, I was jealous ;) I've had a hard time this past week as well. Easing back into a routine is proving difficult. This week my goal is to make it to the gym an acceptable amount and keep an eye on macros.

Just a quick update- cals have still been sort of wacky and macros not perfect, but after a month off, I'm getting used to watching food again. It's harder without being motivated by a cruise. My goal for this week was to make it to the gym a good amount- something that has been lacking. I went in monday after work and made it there this morning! I was going to start lifting, but decided to go for card (at least today, well see what happens) due to back issues.

Heres to getting back into it! How are y'all doin??

does anyone have any good recipes they can share? Kate- i know you've been excited about several things you've made. Always looking for good things to try!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Okay, so last night, the BINGE happened. Again, was uncontrollable. I didn't even TRY when the "feeling" rose up inside. It was 100% ugly. I'm mortified at what I ate - because there was NO junk food in the house, it became "quite" an interesting hunt-and-peck situation.

Yep, I'm pretty convinced it's tied to TOM. I'm going to really try and hold it just to the one night and am fasting today.

Gawd, it was ugly. I'm not proud of myself, at all.

Anyway, moving on - I want a forward day, today.

Sarah - lifting has strengthened my weak back in ways-and-means I would never have believed, before. I used to stick to cardio and hot yoga, believing THAT was "good for my back". Nuh-uh....lifting has been SO MUCH BETTER. My back has greatly improved, as has my flexibility. Good luck with the lifting! It's worth it!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    wow, Beeps, a 6-hour window is pretty small for females so it might be messing with your hormones even more than usual. Besides the binge, you've felt ok on this plan? Yesterday was my first day and I did ok, went to bed hungry but oh well. My macros were pretty close.
    As far as recipes, I am making a shrimp and aspagus stif fry. Will see if I can have any noodles or rice with it when I enter it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I WANT TO KNOW CHLOE'S BLOOD-TEST RESULTS!!

Amy, I am really enjoying the plan, actually. Yesterday, well, I had been wondering where the INSANE CRAVINGS had gone - and, yes, they reared their ugly head! And, I caved.

But, other than that, it's been quite manageable.

I am WAY more in tune, now, with whether I'm hungry or not. And, the "skipping breakfast" part, for me, was SOOOOOOOOOOO contrary to anything I'd ever been *taught*, and yet, feels WAY more natural to me! I NEVER ate breakfast in my teens, nor in my 20's. In my 30's, I had pregnancies, and I *did* start eating breakfast to make sure I was getting "nutrition". And then, as my 30's turned into my 40's, I bought into the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" hype. Bought into the studies which showed that people weighed LESS when they ate breakfast (then people who didn't), blah, blah, blah. Fed myself FRUIT for breakfast just to show what a TROOPER I was (because I just don't like fruit!).

Well, now I haven't eaten breakfast for 3 weeks and I feel WAY better then I EVER have! My hunger doesn't actually kick-in until POST-work-out at lunch!

For me, finally, an eating plan that makes sense. First. Time. Ever.

(And, yes, I'm pretty sick of being the "martyr" - fruit is off my menu now, too!)