2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    You all have some fun plans coming up! Sounds like great motivation. I have to say, I'm feeling pretty good about myself lately. I really want to tone up the core and the arms, but I still feel pretty good. :happy:

I am doing pretty good with my "do anything" workouts. Since I'm not pushing myself as hard, I find it easier to keep my diet in check. My protein has been low though s my two week challenge is to get my protein up to 90-100.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Doing my drive by while waiting for my flight....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    By golly, I popped onto the elliptical machine, today....feels like it has been MONTHS since I've touched it! I ran for about 35 minutes - and felt like I was FLYING. Sometimes, I *do* miss my cardio....

Anyway, back to the weights tomorrow. Am preparing for my month-end photos/measurements, which are up this weekend! So, am eating fewer calories. Watching my salt intake. Generally trying to do all the right things to see that tape measure go down, down, down.

How goes the battle, everyone?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Go for it Abigail!! Nice goals.

Amy – your plans sound fun!! Especially the run!! I almost forgot, I signed up for the Extreme 5 K on Oct. 20 and I think my friends and I are dressing up as Super Heroes, lol!

KC – Glad you are feeling great and doing well!! I’m hoping to get back to that point!! Keep at it!

Beeps – Sounds like your plan is full proof! You are not alone. I am trying to cleanse/detox– low carb, lots of water NO JUNK, no salt and extra cardio. I look forward to hearing how your measurements go!!

Day 2 and it’s going great! Cleaner food and water has me feeling good. I had parent teacher conferences tonight so I packed lunch, dinner and snacks. I even stayed away from all the baked goodies in the lounge :happy: …That for me is success!

Hope you all are having a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi jen!! Your plan, too, sounds like a good one! Yay!

Today, I lift. Two more Phase One, NROL4Abs left and then onto Phase 2. Phase 2 incorporates "sliders" into the ab-movements....I'm a little stressed about that, but I'll give it a whirl!

I'm back to eating all my protein, so that's good. I'm sleeping well. I'm excited for my work-outs, but also excited when they are done, lol!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My week is going ok. I jogged outside on Monday and it felt great, I ran for 30 mins without stopping and kept my heart rate slightly above 80% max, which is so much easier to do outside! Will do some strength today and Friday with my cardio.
    Good planning, Jen, I will have to make up breakfast, lunch and some dinner as well when I do my two-week "beach body blueprint".
    I wanted to make the chicken gnocchi soup last night but I could not find gnocchi at the grocery store-only tortellini and ravioli, so I guess I have to go to a better store! I ended up making soup and grilled cheese.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sounds good, Amy! I'm always amazed to read all the good/healthy meals you ladies make! I do the menu-planning for my family, but my nanny does all the grocery-shopping and cooking for the menu. I find it hard trying to please everybody in my family....but, mostly our evening meals include a lean protein, veggies, and sometimes, a starch. I don't usually ingest the starch, but I do grab the protein and veggies!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Beeps - How are you liking this new program?? Sounds like things are going great!! Man, I wish I had a nanny to shop and cook for me!!

Amy - Ahhh, a run outside!! I should try that soon, it's been beautiful here! Wow, 30 min straight?! Fantastic!! When do you need to do the "Beach body Blueprint"?? I don't think I've ever had gnochi. I love soup and grilled cheese!

I got weights in today and nutrition is still on point. I am thankful that I am not having any cravings or feeling deprived. Gonna keep on keepin on!! Just like riding a bike :)

Oh and I am 3 days without any diet pop! (I only had 1 a day, if I did have it, but still ;)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm liking the new program. Lots. And, my nutrtion plan is *finally* on track and I feel like I'm going to hit my weight loss goals in 2012, after all. Patience - who knew?? - will be key!

jenomaha - I'm glad you aren't suffering "cravings". I am not, right now. But, I know when shark week appears, THAT will be the real "test". I hope to be "ready" for it, by then, because I'll have had 3 good weeks under my belt at that time.

I *did* research "basic training" and am comfortable that I can pass the entrance exam - not sure about the rest of it. No, no, no, I'm not in the military, but thought it would be "interesting" to see, as an almost-44-year-old woman, if I could meet their standards and pass their tests. Why not? Sounds like something *fun* to aim for, on the side.

Today is a *rest* day, for me. I'm just going to do some light cardio and stretching.

GO KILL IT, LADIES!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Been a little hit and miss on the boards lately. Work is taking it's toll on me and I don't have to tell any of you how the seasons changing effect all of us (especially the kiddos!) So just trying to keep my head above water right now! My workouts have been a little of schedule but they are all done for the week. I have 2 Friday and Saturday that are supposed to be upper body and leg weight training days but with the alumni volleyball game coming up- I may switch it to just light cardio to make sure I'm not suffering from a case of DOMS when I try to 'pretend' I'm not getting old!! :tongue: Eats have been great. I feel good, just tired but I definitely think that's just from 'life' not nutrition or the workouts.

Next week I drop down according to LP's guidelines on the calorie front and change up my macros for the week. Supposed to be a rest week but going to have to modify to accommodate my goal to complete Supreme 90.

Beeps-Awesome job on the good 3 weeks. What do they say 21 days to make it a habit!? You are there! Keep at it. I definitely think these last few months we can really push through and knock out some of ours goals for 2012!!

Jen-Girl 2 things! 1) you have to try gnocci! It's delicious in the copykat Olive garden chicken gnocci soup! And 2) you are resilient! Finding a balance of good eats, good workouts and a crazy schedule!!

Amy- I'm excited for you to start the blueprint. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. It's good to have a little 'trick up our sleeve' for special occasions. We know how to do things in the long term, but it's good to know that a switch up can hopefully produce some good quick results for that special occasion!

Kate- I know you are traveling and super busy but I hope all is going well for you!!!

kc- You are super busy Mama too! Hope you are finding a little time for yourself!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies-

Sorry I have been so MIA....just taking a little break. But, I have been keeping up with all of you and you seem to be doing fabulous! I have been doing ok with eating. Still doing 3 miles a day 5/6 times a week and doing core work. My elbow/arm has been really bothering me, so I am taking it easy on the weights for now.

Keep up the great work!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi!!

mamareese - you're getting your work-outs in - that is AWESOME! The volleyball game sounds like a TON of fun! Am also glad to read that your nutrition piece is working well. GOLDEN.

Chloe - what's wrong with your elbow/arm?? I'm happy to read that you're getting your cardio in, but, darn-it, WEIGHTS IS KING! (PS your wedding photo is very beautiful - touching!)

I didn't get my work-out in, today....just too much going on. Part of which is because my boss went on holidays, WITHOUT bothering to tell me! Ugh. I hate that guy....he just does these disappearing acts, and I'm left looking like the *kitten* because I had NO idea he was going away.

Anyway, am watching my diet piece. Am trying to get all my protein in. Will lift, again, tomorrow.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Beeps- I am not sure what is wrong. Its like the inside of my right elbow. It got to the point last week that I could barely bend my arm. It does feel alot better after taking this week off. So I am thinking I will slowly get back into it next week. Trust me I know though- I miss doing weight big time! I have still been getting in some core body weight training though.

Oh and thank you for the pic compliment :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got a nice brisk walk in, last night....so, that made me feel MUCH better!

Today, I lift.

This weekend - have to do photo/measurement updates! At least I'll have a flat tummy in them, since I've been watching the carbs like CRAZY. Now, if ONLY my saddlebags would respond....
  • mamareese
    Options
    Thanks Beeps. Yes, nutrition is the big piece for me right now. The loss (another 2lbs this week) are keeping my eye on the prize. But here's where I'm at and wanted my 2 week challenge girls thoughts...

On that note, here's my dilemma...since embarking on this S90 combined with Leigh Peele's guidelines (thus dropping to 1530, I believe and doing S90-which if after a big workout I'm a little hungrier I haven't been depriving myself...I feel great) I've dropped just over 5lbs since the beginning of September. That in itself is huge for me. But next week, according to LP I should drop my calories down to the low 1400s (I have to redo the math because I can't remember exactly), change up my macros and take a week of exercise and just focus on recovery work. For one, I'm struggling because at this set up I'm obviously losing weight. For 2, a week of would leave me a whole week behind on S90. But on the other side of the coin, does this drop (which then turns in to a raise in calories AFTER the 1 week of low) help to avoid a dreaded plateau? I can handle a week of low calories knowing that it bumps up after 7 days. But it's hard to let go of where I'm at know since I am losing?!?! explode Thoughts?
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Mama- I have been following along with LP's program also. But, I have been taking it kind of easy on the exercise. I am on the same week as you with the LP program. I say take a rest/recovery week and stick with LP's diet. Like you said it is only a week. You are not going to lose all the progress you made with S90 in that week. It seems to be working really well for you so I would stick with LP's program. I have lost about 3lbs and have not felt deprived either. If I did better on the weekends, I would probably have lost even more. Good luck next week, I think this will be a challenge.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Thanks Chloe! I'm glad to hear your elbow is feeling better. Smart move on resting it up!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. The past two weeks have been crazy with the job change, so I haven't been logging (also partly because I didn't have a computer at work until Wednesday), but I've been exercising and have been pretty good about nutrition. The scale has been edging down and my pants are fitting a bit better (until today due to TOM), so I think I'm getting back on the right track. I have to do a long run tomorrow for marathon training so I'm not going to bother logging food this weekend, but Monday I'm hoping to settle into my new routine.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Sounds like you're all doing well! My week has been so-so. My birthday was yesterday so had dinner out even though we planned the "birthday dinner" for tonight. The night before my birthday my friends surprised me with a dinner party at my house. Needless to say I ate and drank more than normal this week. I have gotten 1 run and 2 lifts in this week. Once my kiddo wakes up we're going to go for run #2. That will put me 2 lifts from my goal this week. I peeked at the scale yesterday and I actually weighed 1 pound less than my last weigh in 3 weeks ago, but I was pretty dehydrated from all the wine I drank. Next Thursday I will weigh and record for real after I get my diet back on track. Not much else going on; just staying busy at work and home. We have plans to go to 2 festivals (musicy one and Irish one) tomorrow so I see beer drinking in my future. I'm really dragging this birthday thing out.....

Have a great weekend ya'll!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Chloe - taht's crazy, the inside of my right elbow started to bot me too which is why I stopped to P90X arms - I thought maybe I was doing a move wrong or something.

I'm going to have to check out Leigh Peele since you ladies have been doing amazing. I have not been logging. Not even exercise. I don't know. I really want to push myself but yet I keep making excuses. This week I have been so TIRED. I've been walking everyday to try to keep my energy up, but its not helping. I guess I'll push myself when I'm ready. I'm ready for the time to change because even when I slept in today, it was still dark at 6!

NSV - Today is jean day and we can wear sports shirts. I wanted a light wash since my Bears shirt is dark blue. I tried on an old pair of express jeans (like 4 years old) and they FIT! That was like 12 pounds and 1 baby ago. I can't believe it. Yes, I have a slight more muffin now (they are low rise), but it's not that bad . :-)