2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    http://www.copykat.com/2010/02/28/olive-garden-chicken-and-gnocchi-soup/

That's the link to the soup I made. Calories aren't bad. I got 8 servings (about a cup each serving) and around 340 calories per serving. I love soups as go to lunches during the cooler weather...and we are already feeling the fall chill here!!

Amy- I checked out a youtube video about foam rolling when I bought it just to make sure I was getting the most bang for my efforts. I truly love it...it is a little 'ugh' when you are doing it when you are particularly tight but I really feel like (especially the legs) it helps with recovery.

My eats were in the calorie range but crappy snack choices (thanks Gram for those snickerdoodle cookies!) so my macros were off. Have to work on protein the rest of the week. Slacker. :tongue: I've been eyeing up some crockpot recipes that I'd like to try. With the kids in flag football, it's my go to on Thursday but my array of options were lacking. I think something new is in order this week. :smile:

I am taking a full rest day today. Feeling rather tired and sore so the 'active rest' of walking that I usually do on Wednesdays was halted by my body and the rain. I'm good with it though- the extra rest will leave me ready for the last workout of S90!! Hopefully DH won't mind doing measurements first thing in the morning!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I got all my protein in, yesterday! This is *big* news!

I also read somewhere that "keeping streaks going" is really good for the mental game. Start a streak, start LOTS of streaks ("get my protein in everyday", "eat ONLY my alotted calories everyday", "get my work-outs in M/W/F") and then TRACK those streaks. Once a "streak" gets going, there's mental stimulation to KEEP it going, so I'm creating some "streaks" for myself and seeing how long I can go until I "bust" (hopefully never!).

My protein streak is currently at one day.

My "eating only calories alotted" streak is currently at two days.

My "no late night snacking" streak is currently at 4 days (although I have gone 18 days once!)

I leave tomorrow for Ottawa - not sure how much posting I'll get in, so I'm going to work on my "streaks"!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Reese, I will have to try the soup, sounds awesome.
    And wow, Beeps, your diary yesterday looks awesome! steak and banana crepes and under cals, that is impressive!
    I think you are right about streaks, it gets to where you don't want to break them and very motivateing. Have fun in Ottawa:)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Beeps- You are funny! I love your streaks and need to do that myself!

Mama- Please share more recipes!!! Tonight we have soccer and dance so my oldest and I won't get home until 8:30! YIKES! I prepped a baked pasta for tonight (carbs, carbs, carbs!). Monday I made chicken tortilla soup in the crock pot. I'll have to try your soup soon!

Yesterday I worked out for a whole 15 minutes!!! Hey, it's better than nothing right? I walked later on too. Okay, I walked the mall for two hours. But still.... Oh, and I finally stepped on the scale, no change. Better then a gain, I guess.
  • amysj303
    Options
    mmm, thanks for the reminder on the chicken tortilla soup, that might be a good option for my friend who just had a baby! I need to take something to her...
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have been keeping up reading, but I just haven't felt like posting....maybe because I have nothing good to post about my own progress :wink:

I am with ya on the crockpot though....I am so excited to make some delicious chili! I may even do that this weekend for football!

I am taking this week off from strength training, mainly because of pure boredom. I have still been getting in my 3 miles everyday though. I am not sure what I will do next. I have been doing ok with eating. I kind of fell off the wagon a bit with the anniversary weekend, but that was planned. The scale hasn't really budged, but I think I am ok with that for now.

Mama- congrats on getting to day 60 that's fabulous!

Beeps- great job on hitting the protein!

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am still alive and kicking...barely! I taught everyday last week! The Mudzilla was a joke. I should have went for a nature walk at Fontenelle Forest :/ One of my friends got nauseous and almost passed out (I think she was de-hydrated) and we just walked the whole thing pretty much. But we played in the mud and took some fun pics. Tonight I signed up for an extreme 5K for next month and I will race! My husband and 11 yr old son signed up for it too!!

Nutrition is getting better, just need to up the weights. Work isn't slowing down, I actually am getting MORE kids on my caseload...not good!!

I just wanted to say "hi" and that I was thinking about you all!! Hope everyone is well!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Jen- Good to hear from you! Hopefully the extreme 5k is more of a challenge for you! Keep working girl! Hopefully (someday!) things lighten up a bit for you!!

Chloe- We all have those spells were we just have to break up the cycle that we are in. You are getting your runs in and I applaud you for that! I have run 2x in like 4 weeks. :noway:

Amy- I am giving the copy'kat' version of Zuppa soup a go this weekend. I've made it before a loved it. I'm wondering if I can just up the turkey in the recipe to give me more protein bang for my buck though...my mom finds it hysterical because up until about a year ago I was a cook when I have to kind of girl. Now I'm all about experimenting in the kitchen...sometimes the kids are like 'what is this concoction!' :tongue:

kc- IT IS BETTER THAN NOTHING! You are keeping yourself in the routine of doing some exercise and that's definitely better than nothing. Yes, of course, doing more would be great but when life is hectic just keeping that scheduled moment or two of fitness will help you stay on track!

I finished S90 today with a little Tabata hell. It was straight up hell! I am also excited (oddly) to weigh in tomorrow. I was down this morning so as long as I chug my water and eat on target tomorrow 'should' (emphasis on should) be a good day. I am going to have DH take end of 60 day measurements...this morning was just too hectic. I had to run to the grocery store at 630am just to get food for the kids lunches! So there wasn't time to do it this morning. I am slightly concerned that because of TOM the measurements won't be that accurate but in reality I don't visibly 'see' a lot of progress. I'm just glad to be staying on track with what my plan has been. I have a little more time on this 'plan' of Leigh Peele's plan and then it's time to adjust the diet again! :smile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! You all are doing amazing....really you are. So much great stuff going on here I can't stand it! :wink:

My break has been nice and I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks. I think I may get back on the wagon next week; still not sure about my logging. I really miss logging exercise, but not so much food. But it seems like cheating only logging my burns. Anyways, I am off work today so got a nice 3 mile stroller run in this morning and it felt good; a little tough, but good. My eating has been so-so. I've had a lot of "bad" foods (think tamale, coconut shrimp, plantain chips, empanada, half bottle of wine) a couple dinners, but my other meals have been decent. I've been followig along and hope to get back to checking in more regularly next week. Have a great day!
  • amysj303
    Options
    workout last night was kinda rough, I went to a gym I don't usually go to, and it was so hot, no fans on the treadmill or anywhere, really. miserable. I only did the treadmill and not the lifting, which I think I will do Saturday because we have dinner plans with in-laws tomorrow. It's nice to be in maintain mode.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Newsy day!

i got a brisk walk in, today. Unplanned

And, I brought my workout gear on my trip, lol. There's a nice workout room at the hotel.

Oh< and I'm down 3 lbs from my end-of-Aug weight measurement. YAY!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi! I am doing well - logging here and there and trying to get work outs in but otherwise taking an MFP break....I'll be back full force in October!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That's good new Beeps! I have been catching up on everyone's posts and it's nice to see so many of you doing well. It turns out the 5K is a week later than I thought so it gives me a little more time. I went on-line and regstered so I can't back out now! I am feeling better but I still can't stop coughing! It makes it really hard to exercise when you can't take a deep breath without hacking. You should see me trying to do Yoga - it's ridiculous.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Down 2lbs this week to my 'normal range' for the last year of 155. Going to keep at it. I hope everyone has a great weekend-hectic work day!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I had 8 light rum and diet cokes, yestrday {met up with excellent gf} and still stayed below 1,500 kcals!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Great job Beeps- perfect balance!! Glad you enjoyed yourself!!

I made the kids these Smores bars that DH wanted them to try. NEVER again unless I can make them for them to take elsewhere. I've only had about 2 of them total. But holy hell...the sweetness of them after not having that 'type' of food just feels like lead. Didn't stop me from eating the 2nd one today...I am wrapping them up today to hide them. Last thing I need is to be derailed by a damn smores! :tongue:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I think I'm back. :smile: I'm going to start logging my food and workouts again today and see how it goes. I did some working out last week; lifted a couple days and I'm still sore from it and ran 3 miles with stroller another. Perfect running weather is here in KY so I plan on getting some runs in this week too. NOt sure where we stand on goals, but mine for the next 2 weeks are:

1. Strength Workouts A, B, C and D
    2. Run 2x (shoot for 2-3 miles)
    3. Try to start logging again and aim for more protein; specific macro goals next week maybe
    4. Keep booze in check

My time off was nice, but I feel like I ate a lot of crap so I'm ready to get back to better eating. Have a great week all!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Mama – that is FANTSTIC!!! Keep at it! About the s’mores…ugh, I hear ya! Out of sight, out of mind…right?!?!

Beeps – way to go on the drinks! Woot!! Sounds like a perfect treat :happy: And AMAZING on the loss! You and Mama are giving me hope and motivation!

Better – I am with you. The not logging thing has led me to think I can just eat whatever and guess what? NONE of my pants fit! Great goals!

I’m almost scared to say I’m back. But I have got to do something. I am spilling out of my clothes, I am not comfortable and I have just got to commit. I almost feel silly writing these goals I am setting today because they used to be natural and a no brainer for me at one time, sigh. But here it goes.

1. Log everything
    2. Weights 3x/wk
    3. 10 glasses water
    4. 40/30/30

For me it seems I either need to go hard or go home. I’m at the point that I don’t have a choice but to go hard. So I have some dates set up to keep me motivated:

Oct 6 – Pink for Life Zumba Event for Breast Cancer (oct 3 I will be on a tv morning show, don’t need the extra 10 lbs from the camera :p
    Oct 27 – Halloween Party (Think I’m gonna be some type of Fairy)
    Nov 8 – going to San Francisco for my Birthday Weekend
    Nov 22 – Thanksgiving (want to wear a cute outfit I pinned on Pinterest)
    Dec 22 – Leave for Puerto Rico and our 7 day cruise (want to fit into the bikinis I already own!)

Just want you all to know how thankful I am you ladies are here and I really hope to support you and give it my all!! :flowerforyou:
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Okay I have to get back into challenge mode. I am so done with being sick! I still have a cough, but I am just going to keep taking allergy meds and ignore it. Anyways here it is:

1. Food - log everything, staying within calorie goals
    2. Water - 10 glasses/day
    3. Exercise - run 3/week (5K on 10/6), lift 2/week, dance classes, yoga

Have a great week everyone!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Glad to see everyone back!
    I am with you Jen, my pants are tight today! might be TOM (or maybe I am building muscle;)
    I have some upcoming events too!
    Sounds like the girlfriends want to do the scream scram, a nighttime 5k and costume contest-Oct. 19
    October 27 will likely be my costume party but I haven't picked one yet...
    Thanksgiving we are going to CA and Disney, so I don't think it will be bikini weather.
    I packed my bag to work out today but looks like I will have to take the kitty to the vet, so we'll see if I make it to the gym.
    Planning on 3x cardio and 2x strength this week and maybe not so much drinking, I have been drinking everyday last week!