Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day 3
    Eating: A-
    Water: B- . Did a bit better today. Kept a water bottle in my hand to remind myself.

Everything is sore, or at least almost everything is sore. I know everything can't be, because I have another muscle group to work on tomorrow. I'm loving it, though, because I know I'm making a change for the better, and soon I will SEE changes.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well back to it again. Today marks day two on my second round of Body Beast.

Build legs. This is always a tough one for me, fast-paced and relentless.

Drank plenty of water today.

Also managed to get in 45 minutes on the elliptical for some cardio.
  • jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'll start my first workout tonight. I'm glad your back!

I'm going to work harder on legs, I'll do them 3x a week by squeezing out Bulk Arms, Chest and Back in favor of Build Chest and Build Back.

I know gaining muscle and losing fat are opposing goals. I'll likely be low carb and a couple hundred calories above maintenance. If I can maintain my previous gains and cut fat I'm okay with it.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Legs three times a week! You must have a death wish, LOL! Legs are so tough for me, wipes me right out.

Body Beast day 3/85. Not sure yet that I am going to do this everyday, but trying to do it every other day didn't work the last two times. Too easy to make an excuse after you have a day off. Going to go every day until I get back in a groove.

Build back and Biceps. Had a pretty good workout. I was tired and had no energy before starting. Grabbed a protein bar and some Energy and Endurance drink and headed to the weight room. Glad I did once I got going. Felt good. Hard to believe how much strength I have lost since being away from it. I wrote it all down the first time through, which was immediately following P90X. Can't even get to the same weights that I started with. Oh well, did what I could with good form. It will come back if, I mean when, I keep at it. Been doing doubles this week so far. Elliptical to follow supper tonight.

Drank plenty of water. Eating healthy again, but not yet worrying about macros, just eating healthy. Trying the Lean version of Body Beast this time as I put on a few pounds since completing the first round.

Glad to be back, will need all the support I can get.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Great Work Jeff!

I dread legs too. In the previous rounds of Body Beast I got to the point where I look good in a t-shirt. At some point my wife said I almost had a butt. So the point of this round is to look good in jeans.

I'm running in the morning because that had become my excuse not to lift. I could run 2 miles in the great outdoors in under 20 mnutes, or sweat in the basement for 45 minutes. My morning runs are slow, but it really revs me up for the day. I've shortened my run to 1.25 miles. It is quick and I cool down better.

Yesterday was Build Chest and Tris, my favorite workout. I feel like I have to turn sideways to fit through a doorway after that one. Those narrow pushups towards the end are killer, as were the dips.

Water was okay, I have hard time remembering to log it, but 9 cups.

Nutrition was good, just 2% off my macros. I'm trying to stay under 100 carbs and a majority of those coming from fruit.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    I have to be careful not to smash my face on those narrow push-ups at the end!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Day 4/85 round 2 of Body Beast (Lean version this time)

Build shoulders. I think this is one of my favorites. Love the way this workout sculpts and defines my shoulders. The Sagi Six way is a killer...but in a good way.

Followed workout with 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. Feeling good today

Water intake was good. Food was good except for breakfast. Popped waffles in the toaster and looked for the syrup. We were out! Threw them in the trash and picked up pop tarts on the way to work. Those are in no way good for you, but I was hungry. Sheri went grocery shopping today so shouldn't have a repeat. Dinner and lunch were both good.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Nice work on the 2-a-day, in round one I wouldn't have been able. Actually I took a 30 minute nap after Bulk Legs, lol not the first time.

I had a good workout, this one amazes me how it makes me sweat without really doing cardio. Good thing I ran this morning, hopefully I will feel up to running tomorrow morning. I might try to get the wife out for a walk yet tonight. For her, not so much me.

Nutrition is good just a little high on fat, but carbs under 100 is my main goal.

Water was low.

Food find of the day...Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls. It is like 30 Protein / 20 fat / 13 carbs and darn fast ...with BACON!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Food find of the day...Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls. It is like 30 Protein / 20 fat / 13 carbs and darn fast ...with BACON!

Gonna have to check that out. Breakfast is getting kind of boring for me. That sounds good!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast day 5/85

Beast cardio and Beast abs. This was a tough one today, but I pushed as hard as I could. Felt kinda nauseous after, so I know I worked hard. Ate well and drank plenty of water. Since Body Beast was cardio, no elliptical for me tonight.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Beast Build Back for me, had a good workout, I've come a long ways in regards to pull ups. But the 3 sets of narrow grips for time still elude me. I'm shot by that point of the routine.

Nutrition was off, meetings and dining out didn't help.

A kayak adventure awaits this morning, with BB later. Have a great day!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Day 6/85

Build Chest and tris. Starting to get some strength back and ready to raise the weights on the next time through on this routine. Still struggle with the close grip push-ups. It will come back as I keep at it.

Slept in and didn't eat breakfast. Had a sensible lunch and took my supplements after my workout. Going out to dinner and a movie tonight with my wife. Will try and keep it mostly healthy. Will probably have a rum and diet coke or two but stay away from the beer (which I love by the way).

Water intake about average. Rest day tomorrow. Will play some golf and enjoy the day off.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Yesterday's Kayaking was about all I did, so I'm going to call that a rest day. I had a brisk swim and got scratched up on some rocks and grass as I was scrambling downstream to recover my equipment. The rest of the day was a rainy, sleepy day.

Nutrition was bad also due to an office party in the evening.

Today will be a better day. Enjoy your day Jeff!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Day 7/85

Rest day. Played golf and played well. Shot 76 from all the way back at my home course. Going to enjoy the remainder of my day rest day.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    I hope you had a good day on the Course, we've been stuck in a rainy cycle and can't seem to dry out. The boys made me take them fishing in sprinkles, because "at least there isn't any lightening". LOL we are desperate for summer here in Iowa.

Yesterday was Build Legs for me, the second leg workout of the week. It was everything we love about leg workouts. I don't elevate my leg on the bulgarian squats anymore, that was always weird on my knees and ankles and who needs an injury? I made it two weeks before falling off the 3x a week wagon. Those were a good investment for helping me endure these routines.

Nutrition was mediocre, I got hungry on the road and ate subway. It wasn't bad just didn't do much for my macros.

Shoulders tonight and my run this morning was rained out.
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Day 8/84 Body Beast

I had started BB a few weeks ago and only did one week but I'm picking up where I left off and because my hubby is on week two! :)

Workout: Played 170 mins of Tennis doubles, so good cardio day. Followed it up with Body Beast Lean - Legs, tough workout but really love/hate this one.

Nutrition: Goal 1370 @ 40/40/20 - Hit 1327 @ 27/57/16; Carbs really high but clean for the most part; working on getting back into it.

Water: 88 oz - always good

Have a great nigh!

PS: Jar41yo6m; Thanks for the welcome ;)
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    intotennis: welcome to the group, glad you have joined us on here.

jar41: were the fish biting?

Golf was good for me yesterday, shot 41-35 for a 76. Not bad for a once a week amateur!

Day 8/85 (round 2) Body Beast Lean

Had a late work day, but not going to use that as an excuse to skip a workout. Did Build legs today. It is a tough routine, but I raised weights on all exercises and kept good form. Felt really good today. Those Bulgarian squats are tough I agree. I hurt my big toe last summer (ligaments) and it was just starting to feel normal again. Last week I was doing Bulgarian squats and my foot slipped off the bench and I smashed the toe into the floor, OUCH! Had trouble walking the next day, now it is back to bothering me daily. Oh well, if you are gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough, right?

Water was good as always. Taking my supplements and eating healthy (Except for those two cookies that were screaming at me!). I tried the Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls this morning, not bad, Going to try another variety tomorrow. Kinda nice to have a hot breakfast for a change.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Day 9/84

Build Back and Biceps: Had another good workout. Raised the weight on most sets. Concentrating on form. Still struggle with pull-ups. I like to think it is because I have long arms, but that just may be an excuse. Had my Body Beast supplements then did 45 minutes on the elliptical for some cardio. Trying to lose a few inches around the waist that I put on while I took a break from eating well and working out. Will take some time I know. Strength is starting to come back at least.

Water was good as always. Nutrition was good as well. Eating healthy and watching my intake and back to logging everything that goes in my mouth.
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Body Beast Day 9/84

Workout: Build Back/Bis; good work out but my legs a sore from yesterday. Played 2 hrs tennis doubles so good day.

Nutrition: Goal 40/40/20 @ 1370 - today 1457 @ 26/48/26 - clean eating & getting into the groove so, not worried about it just yet.

Water: 12 cups, all good

Thanks for the welcoming me to the group! :smile:
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Intotennis, you're a tennis playing machine. I can play that much volleyball, I just can't find a daily game. I gave up volleyball when I got heavy because my feet and knees couldn't handle it. No issues now though!

Jeff, I got caught up in the "too late to work out" excuse also. I fell for it one night and just worked out anyway last night. Good job pushing through it. My first experience golfing I hit a car in the parking lot, with great power comes great responsibility. It hit the bumper and no visible damage. Two holes later my ball crossed into another fairway and was within 30 yards of a mower. I thought it was an omen to give up the game.

Nutrition, my macros were off and a couple hundred calories over yesterday. In retrospect my bad days now would have been great days a year ago. I figured if nothing else was right I should have a good workout. I had Build Shoulders and was a little tired before I started, but I still found some intensity.

The fish weren't biting, but I took today off work to give them another chance. I was looking at my vacation balance at work and will be facing a use it or lose it situation in September. I can't remember becoming a workaholic fun hater, but vacation balances don't lie....