Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Peggy!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

I have been thinking about starting another sort of challenge – I am open to any suggestions.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy year! :drinker:

Jo
  • lindz221
    lindz221 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lindsay and I'm 31. I'm a wife and mother to a 4 year old. I live in Cleveland, Ohio.
    During my pregnancy, I gained 30lbs, and reached my then highest weight of 200lbs. I then lost all my pregnancy weight working at Chipotle. Then, I changed jobs and in 18 months, gained 35lbs. I quit my job, decided to spend time as a stay at home mom, and gained another 20lbs due to inactivity and stress.
    I'm at my heaviest at 219 and want to get down to 165, with my ultimate goal weight of 135. I'm currently working out at home doing Zumba, and Hip Hop Abs. When I hit 199, I will be doing the 30DS. Since I have a real plan and motivation, I have been using MFP religiously, and am always looking for friends to motivate and keep me motivated too!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Lindsay!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We are wrapping up another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5 but if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • sharonlyn37
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the group and I only have been on the site for a little over a week now. I really need some friends to give me support and help. I'm 39 and weigh 185. I would like to get down to 150. I weighed myself today and have lost nothing.I measured my waist and have lost 2 inches. Would anyone be willing to look at my food log and help me as I know I'm doing this all wrong?
  • criddell80
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Catherine, I am 32 and live in Ontario Canada. I have been on and off with MFP for about a year...but am finally getting serious. I have a long way to go to be healthy but know that this is the start!
    I need a group to post to so that I can continue to be motivated.

I am at my heaviest that I have ever been and am looking forward to a new healthier happier me.
  • Copequeen
    Copequeen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and have been loosing since jan 7. I started on MFP in feb. I'm down 40 pounds and 34 inches. I log everyday and looking for friends that are serious about loosing weight and logging in.
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 33. I started loosing weight about 2 years ago and I'm done 75 lbs. I used MFP from the start but got lazy and had to start a new account. The last time I didn't realize there was a support commuinity behind it. I have yet to reach my goal and would love some friends to help me get there. I log on every day to at least log my food but now that I found this side of things I'm know I will be doing this most days as well.
  • smustakeem
    smustakeem Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi. I will be 35 on Sunday and somehow that has been translating to gearing up for change in my life starting with fitness. I have been off and on with MFP over the past year but I intend to do better. I joined the group looking for support for others in their 30s with similar goals. I have a few workout ideas hereforward but thankfully eating like a pescatarian/vegetarian for the past 13 years has kept me from ballooning but I still have about 30 lbs I want to shake off! I look forward to connecting with and meeting new people as it will keep me on track. Thanks!!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group sharonlyn37, Catherine, Copequeen, kimbtaylor1and smustakeem!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We are wrapping up another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5 but if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Additionally, we have started miles walked and strength training challenges for the month.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy year! :drinker:

Jo
  • vabniullga
    vabniullga Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Jen, 36, from Central PA! This is my second "serious" attempt to lose weight. My first time was 8 years ago when I lost 40 lbs before going through a lot of stress and giving up to deal with the things I had to.

I am now doing this again because I am sick of feeling so blah and ick! Also, as a single mom, I am the major influence in my daughter's life. Unfortunately, I see her following in my footsteps with the bad eating and such. It's time to make a change for not just myself but also for her!!

When I last lost the weight, I was a stay-at-home mom and the eating and exercise were easy. I also used a community support system online on another site. So, it was a lot easier to have a routine.

This go around, I don't have the exercise and eating ease, as I did before. However, I am finding and seeking out friends and support here in the communities on MFP! I did find this to be one the most important and helpful things the last time. It was great to communicate with others who were going through the same things.

I hope to befriend and gather support from lots of you! Let's do this together and GET IT DONE!!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Jen!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Additionally, we have started miles walked and strength training challenges for the month.

Jo
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Casey, and I'm in Northern Nevada. I've been a member of MFP since Sept. 2012 and have lost about 18 #'s.

I was doing great keeping a food journal and exercising daily with some favorite videos on youtube. Then, I moved to Nevada. I'm not cooking my own meals 100% of the time, so I don't know exactly what I'm eating (this is true a dinner time only). And, what can I say about exercising besides, "ahhhhh". My internet connection is so slow where I am youtube videos are useless and sadly I don't have the motivation to do it without them.

I've become more accountable in the last week where food is concerned. I'm using my food scale again when I build deli sandwuches for lunch. I'm a member of a daily challenge group, and I try to tune in at least once a week for exercise stuff. These things don't measure up to where I used to be, but I'm trying to get back on track by taking baby steps.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Casey!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We are wrapping up another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5 but if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to the new spreadsheet starting Monday.

Jo
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello...31 year old, mom of two, full time employee, great friend, bad housekeeper and ready to get serious about my weight and fitness. Looks like this might be a great group for me to find helpful tips, encouragement and others looking for the same!

At 5'4", I weighed in at my heaviest this morning at 169.8. Yes, those .2 pounds totally count! I'm hoping to loose 5-10 pounds by summer and keep going until I hit 140. It's a lofty goal, so I'll need help to keep me on track!
  • MrsPeps
    MrsPeps Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a 30 year old mom that is ready to see results! I gained almost 60 lbs with my daughter and have never felt more out of place in my life. I am looking to get down in the 140s, but my goal right now is to just stick with something for longer than a couple days. I look forward to learning something new!
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I am 38 years old will be in 3 weeks. I am a single mom of an 11 year old daughter. you are welcome to add me. I live in Northwest Arkansas. I started out weighing 250 pounds and I am now at 180 pounds. I look forward to getting to know you guys.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Katie, steeney and maliasa!!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We just started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 this week if you care to join us. Just private message me or post in the new thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked and strength training challenges for the month.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy year! :drinker:

Jo
  • ebonyj606
    ebonyj606 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

My name is Ebony. I am 31 and a mother of 3. I just began using MFP about 2 weeks ago at the same time that I began the couch to 5k program. I am ready to get serious about my health and would love the support.I started at 190 pounds I am currently 178 and am looking to get down to 140. Please feel free to add me.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group ebonyj606!!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We just started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 this week if you care to join us. Just private message me or post in the new thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked and strength training challenges for the month.

Jo
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Bebe, a 31 year old woman from San Francisco, but living in France. I've struggled with my weight since childhood, but realized quite recently that being overweight is inhibiting me from living my best life.. Anywho, I'm looking to connect with others along the way to gaining health :)
This discussion has been closed.