Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• KatieD060982
    KatieD060982 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Complete Week 2 Day 2! It was hard but I'm doing it. The c25k app I'm using doesn't track distance, unless I'm missing it somewhere, so I also use mapmyrun app, it says I'm doing an 17.31 min mile.....but hey, it's exercise and I'm lapping everyone who's still on the couch, right? :)

Congrats to all!!
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today was attempt 2 at w5d3 and I nailed it!!! I never thought I would ever run for 20 minutes straight! I feel great and am so proud of myself!!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I had a good run today after taking a week off. At first I felt bad about missing so many days, but I guess my body just needed a break. I had been swimming and bike riding on my non-run days. Anyway, averaged a 5.1 pace during the 28 min run. Bumped it up to 5.5 for the last minute. One more week until I'm a graduate.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is week 3, day 2 for me. Had to bump it to a day later than usual due to work. It's gonna be a hot one, so I'll use my shady trail.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    So I did it, I registered for a 5k. It is June 22nd. Since I am in week 8, I have plenty of time to get faster. I am excited. This will be my 3rd 5k, but the first one that I actually trained for. I intend to run the entire thing, no walk breaks. I am also eying an 8k in early July and a 10k late July. Here's to a summer of running :D
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    So I did it, I registered for a 5k. It is June 22nd. Since I am in week 8, I have plenty of time to get faster. I am excited. This will be my 3rd 5k, but the first one that I actually trained for. I intend to run the entire thing, no walk breaks. I am also eying an 8k in early July and a 10k late July. Here's to a summer of running :D

That's a great way to keep motivated! I have my first 5k on July 14. I might start looking for an 8 and 10k also so I continue to progress.

W2, D1 in the books and it was my first dry and sunny run!
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    W1D3 done. I've actually done four days so far but I wanted to get into a Mon-Wed-Fri pattern so I'm starting W2 after the weekend.

Slightly nervous about the step up. I'm doing OK but I definitely feel in need of a break towards the end of my run segments so I think Monday's going to be interesting.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    The dreaded week 5, day 3 is done! It wasn't easy. I couldn't breathe through my nose, my legs felt super tight, and my brain wanted to give up the entire time. But I did it. Done. Now where's my couch? Oh wait...I'm off to a butts n guts class. Lol
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 today. I went out really early so it wouldn't be too hot. I didn't manage to do all the running. I did the first set, but had to walk the 3 mins on the second set. I did both of the 5 minute jogs, so I'm pleased with that.

I won't be out again till Tuesday now. We have we've not seen in 10 years staying with us this weekend. Fun times ahead!!!
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 done. It's gonna be a scorcher so I went out early on a shady path. Got through it without too much trouble and felt so good that I stayed out an hour and tossed in some more short jogs. I want to steadily keep my pace above 17 mins because I'm worked toward 16 so I can someday (ha) do a half marathon or even a marathon at Disney. You have to stay over 16 to avoid being swept. I feel like running has gone from being my enemy to a frenemy now.
  • misskym
    misskym Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's been six days since my last run, and I finally completed W4D3 today. I have been extremely fatigued this past week with finals, but I forced myself out of bed this morning to get back on track. Once I hit the pavement, I realized how much I missed being out there. It felt so good!

I paced myself a little slower this time, approximately 3.8 mph, since it'd been a week between my last run. I didn't struggle through any of the runs, but I had the worst side cramp about 10 minutes in. I think I drank too much water before I went out! I had to cut one of my running segments 15 seconds short because it hurt so bad. I won't be doing that again!

I'm looking forward to W5! Slightly dreading W5D3, though, and the 20 minute run.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    W1D3 Zombie style complete :D and I loved it!
    My phone missed a couple of the stop running promts because they fell at the same time as music changes so I actually over ran a couple times but then I also ran more in my free form 10mins, and once it was all over and I was still making my way home I ran some more too! I feel so good right now! Worst part for me is actually the walking at the start my legs really start to burn and the first run is a relief.. which sounds kinda weird to me...
    Debating if I want to keep it to a mon - fri thing, or whether to start W2 Sunday ... decisions decisions...
    Hope everyone enjoyed their run/rest today :D
    x
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    My phone missed a couple of the stop running promts because they fell at the same time as music changes so I actually over ran a couple times but then I also ran more in my free form 10mins, and once it was all over and I was still making my way home I ran some more too! I feel so good right now! Worst part for me is actually the walking at the start my legs really start to burn and the first run is a relief.. which sounds kinda weird to me...
    Debating if I want to keep it to a mon - fri thing, or whether to start W2 Sunday ... decisions decisions...
    x
    I've had those missed cues happen occasionally too. So annoying! I'm really surprised at how I usually feel like running extra. I don't overdo it, but a little more jogging is actually enjoyable to me on most days.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    x
    I've had those missed cues happen occasionally too. So annoying! I'm really surprised at how I usually feel like running extra. I don't overdo it, but a little more jogging is actually enjoyable to me on most days.
    It is annoying! stupid phones (or whatever..)
    Its such an ace feeling thinking oohh I could manage a bit more :) I love it :) x
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Week 3, Day 3.

First time my run didn't come right after a leg workout. Can't say it felt so much easier. Worse in some small ways because I'm better warmed up after the gym.
    In any case, went well. Added 90 seconds of running during the cool down time since I had it in me.

Week 4 looks more challenging.
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    After graduating on May 10th, I've tried very hard to continue with the day on day off running routine. I managed 5 x30minute runs every other day then had a break for 3 days and my run today was immense I loved it. I did half hour body boarding today too. I thought I may struggle as I had left it the longest since I started the c25k APP in March but instead my run was so great. I guess resting the body really makes a difference! Woohoo can't wait till Monday :drinker:
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Week 7, day 1 accomplished this morning :bigsmile: Was meant to be a 25min run but I decided to push a little further and managed to run for the 5 min cool down too :) So 30mins running today . . . never dreamed it was possible!!! :happy:
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Week 7, day 1 accomplished this morning :bigsmile: Was meant to be a 25min run but I decided to push a little further and managed to run for the 5 min cool down too :) So 30mins running today . . . never dreamed it was possible!!! :happy:

Excellent, well done :happy: keep up the good work
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1. Instead of pushing through my CD until I felt like stopping like I did last week, I decided to pick up my pace today and maintain it.

So the 32 minute run I did last week I finished in 28 minutes today.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Normally I end my week on Sat, but my schedule was goofy this week so I did w3d3 today. I read that you have to maintain 16 in the Disney 5Ks or they won't let you finish, which has me a bit panicky since I'm typically between 16.5 and 17. I did a little over 5K this morning in total, with some added running after the official program. I feel good with it, so I'm going to keep that up whenever my legs will let me. A little nervous about week 4, but also kinda looking forward to it.

Now that the days are getting hotter, my nice, shady path is packed with people. I wish the bikes would say something before they nearly run me down!