Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    ....alright ladies, post your "chat" items here!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    LOL so do you stop and count all the messages so you can roll us to the new thread? I never even have a clue!

I LOVE assisted pullups! And when I can drop the weight I get such a kick out of it, even if I can only do 1!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots going on in this thread!
    Sue, you rock for doing those pull-ups!
    Sam, at least they are SIZE 6....5 lbs is a month of hard work. You'll be fine! Can you eat egg whites? Those are a great protein source that you can cook so many ways.
    Everyone else, keep killing those weights!

Tomorrow is my last scheduled workout with the Trainer. I can't decide whether to spend the $$ and keep going to her or just incorporate all that she's shown me into what I'm doing already.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I haven't tried an assisted pull-up for awhile, sue....but, you're right, I used to LOVE doing them! I used to love doing the reverse pull-ups, too. F-U-N!

chubby - I think it might be good to work WITHOUT your trainer, for awhile....like you said, "incorporate" the things you've learned - make sure they are INGRAINED in your head, then seek more appointments with her for another "information dump".
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say I'm going to workout. Right. Now.

Thanks for the motivation :flowerforyou:

I can't see myself ever rockin' a pull-up...
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Okay, got it done. Thanks for the help LOL
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nice one, runzalot!

I have an NSV: I ordered a bathing suit in what I thought would be the right size - but it's too big! Woot!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    DON'T

GIVE

IN

TO

SONIC'S

HALF OFF

SHAKES

:cry: the mini is around 500 calories. I am afraid to log in my food today! But the peanut butter fudge shake is awesome!:tongue:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Beeps, that's what I'm thinking. It has been so great to have her evaluate my weaknesses and to have resource for info. But she had never heard of Lou or Alwyn and definitely doesn't push me in many ways. I think if I went to her on a regular basis, she would expect me to take her advice on nutrition and cardio, neither of which will help me meet my goals (or so I feel).

Good girl, runzalot!

Great NSV, Pearl!

Manic, great public service announcement! I wanted a Reese's Blast soooo bad a few days ago. I thought, "I can surely work this into my macros somehow if I plan ahead!"
    Nope. I just couldn't get myself to blow 600 perfectly good calories for 10 oz of PURE FAT AND SUGAR. And that's for a mini- WHO can eat just a mini??? Oh, they are wonderful, but they make me feel like crap. When it's TOM and I don't care about the tummy ache and empty calories, maybe I'll splurge on one.
  • celticmyss
    celticmyss Posts: 10
    Options
    Mini blizzards are the perfect size. I've never had a Sonic shake and I think that's probably just as well. I can't crave what I've never had.

I'm finishing stage 1 tonight. I'm actually going to miss lifting during my rest week. I'm both excited and scared to move on to stage 2. I have terrible balance so some of the exercises are going to be a real challenge!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    man, I totally missed that this thread rolled yesterday...I just thought people were not posting!

We go out for ice cream a lot. I usually forgo, but when I don't, I order a kid size and ask them to make it really small. "just a taste" Last night I played soccer. Moving to the outside field and 90 minute games is a challenge! My hamstring held up, though! Unfortunately, getting out of bed today at 5a was NOT in the cards...

celtic - yea for finishing stage 1. attack stage 2 with confidence!

cowgirl - I am surprised that your PT does not push you...have you told her that? Maybe I missed it, but what kinds of lifting has she done with you? what rating would you give her? I think if you don't love her, "there are other fish in the sea" and PTs are super expensive.

beeps - that is great advice for cowgirl.

manic - you remind me of one of my Mom's favorite sayings: "Do as I say, not as I do!"

pearl - AWESOME...bet you are going to look great in the RIGHT size!

runzalot - glad to help!
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    runzalot - woohoo!! way to get your workout done!

pearl - that sounds awesome! that is best reason to return something!!

I got a workout in last night! Not the run I wanted...but I got on the elliptical, so here is to that! Tonight back to the gym for some lifting, I am thinking deadlifts, lunges, assisted pull ups (seriously my new fav), dips, shoulder press, and dumbbell bench on a swiss ball (super works your core).

Today will be day #3 of GOOD eating for me - sounds lame, i know, but my eating has been way way off. Lcu has been giving me lots of motivation to stay on track!

have a great day everyone!
  • suelegal
    Options
    so I didn't go lift this morning, despite my best laid plans. I don't sleep well, and since his surgery my husband does not either. We seem to wake each other up throughout the night - I didn't get good consecutive sleep hours and I cannot function the next day like that. So I reset the alarm, got about 90 more mn of sleep before I HAD to get up and feel better for it. Tomorrow is scheduled for spinning but I'm going to lift instead. It was probably better to give my pinky an extra rest day anyway. It's healing faster now.

Cowgirl, I meet with my trainer 1x each week. I'm with the others, if she doesn't give you what you want, you should look for someone else. You might say something if you think it will change her tack, but my PT really pushes me. Sometimes he'll say "you make that look easy, want to go up?" I nearly always say yes though I sometimes hesitate in answering, his response is always "Good, you can handle it" and he always encourages me and pushes me to try one more. That's what I pay him for!

Pearl that's one awesome NSV! Congrats!

Mary, I am so the same way. Last night Mike wanted 5Guys. Has anyone looked at the cals??? OMG! But I cannot resist the fries and even though I didn't have a full serving I consumed over 500 cals! yech... you'd think I'd learn that I can't eat just 1! I was way over my goal yesterday. Time to buckle down!

Celtic,hooray for finishing Stage 1. I have the same balance issues, and ended up subbing out bosu ball balancing in place of those 1 pt lifts. My stability improved, my balance improved and I could use the higher weights than I could trying to balance on the 1 foot. Something to consider if you find you really are not getting the lifts in.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Look at ALL the lifting that's going on in here! FABULOUS!

Sorry for poor sleep (the WORST) and for food choices that end up biting you in the *kitten*!

I'm TOTALLY happy because I got my period, today! I thought it was due last week....didn't show up. Went to Vegas thinking, "great, a vacation "surprise"" - nope. So, last night I was dreaming I was 9-mths pregnant and in full labour (I actually FELT the labour pains!) and woke up to TOM! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I must have felt "crampy" in the night-time, which explains the dream, but I don't feel crampy today.

And, since I just got back from Vegas debauchery, I've been watching my diet like a hawk.....mind you, TOM appearing DOES explain all the excessive cravings I've been FIGHTING. (I thought they were all due to Vegas carb-overload!).

Whew. I'm going to REALLY tighten up the diet hatches because I've now got the rest of June to do so, without worrying about TOM cravings!

I'm starting my weight-circuit program today - to make sure I only have to do 60 minutes at the gym. Excited!
  • suelegal
    Options
    I can't imagine a dream that vivid. I hardly ever remember my dreams, less so now that I am past menopause, When I do sleep, it's the sleep of the dead - which is probably a good thing, since it's not consistent at least it's deep.

Are you designing your own program completely or borrowing/adapting something? Would love to see what you decide on!

I still haven't decided what to do after NR. I have Supercharged, Stronglifts, been looking at 5-3-1, Nia Shanks and I can get a program from my trainer too. Too many choices!!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    One of the weird things about wearing the body media fit is that it monitors your sleep. I had NO IDEA I was getting so little sleep! I average about 5 hours a night. I knew I was not sleeping well (thank you stress and hot flashes!), but I am not sure what to do with this additional info...

sue - can't wait to hear what you choose! I would totally do a personal trainer if I could do 1x/week, but its "against policy". I did a little research before my last visit to 5 Guys...the BUN has almost as many calories as the burger! I did bunless and was VERY satisfied. I think they might even put more toppings on (jalepenos...yum!) when they dont need to make it a sandwich.

beeps - are you going to do maintenance for june?
  • celticmyss
    celticmyss Posts: 10
    Options
    Sue, thanks for the advise. I'm going to try some bw attempts at a few of the moves this weekend so I have a better idea of how they work. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I struggle with my balance.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sue - I'm still doing a Venus program, just have switched from their Phase 2 program to their Circuits program. Circuits has 3 levels - I've decided to start at Level 2 (I'm not a rookie anymore!).

The way circuits work is that you have 4 mini-circuits, each day, and a mini-circuit involves 3 separate exercises that you are SUPPOSED to do, back-to-back, prior to resting. And, then you are supposed to do each mini-circuit 4 times before moving onto the next mini-circuit sequence.

Here's how I've adapted that circuit series to suit my timing:

1. I am doing all the mini-circuits (4 of them each day), but I am not doing them 4 x over - I'll aim for 3 x.
    2. I am taking rest breaks as needed - turns out I haven't completed even 1 mini-circuit without having to rest in there somewhere. Boo.
    3. It takes time to set-up the mini-circuit equipment (say deadlifts, or hip thrusts) and it takes time to take that equipment back down - I'm trying to budget that into my overall timing.

Today, the work-out was 65 minutes. I do believe, as I get used to 'what' the mini-circuits are, that I'll be able to get that time <60 minutes.

My 60 minutes likely won't include the 3 min warm-up I do, nor my stretching at the end. Which is fine.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    lcuconley, my maintenance plan has gone to *kitten* this month, since I stepped on the scale, today, and I'm >150 lbs!!

Yes, it's TOM and likely left-over Vegas shyte, but STILL.

Now I'm p*ssed off and, basically, going to get <140 before August, I hope....for sure before September.

I'm going BACK to what works for me:

1. no eating prior to lunch-time work-out.
    2. protein shake right after work-out.
    3. attempt to fast (again) until supper-time, using methods like gum-chewing, green tea, etc.
    4. have a REASONABLE supper (i.e. <1,000 calories)
    5. GO TO BED instead of night-time snacking.

That should get me where I want to go. Dammit - I'm p*ssed OFF about this!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...then again, I was TERRIFIED about "maintenance" anyway.

I mean, even with 1 (long) weekend in Vegas, plus my TOM, and my weight has just SHOT UP OFF THE CHARTS!

Ugh.

I did dip below 145 at end-of-April, but otherwise, seem COMPLETELY stalled in the mid-140's. If I *truly* want the fat to move off my body, I have to get my calories back down into a deeper deficit and just deal with it.

I can work on maintenance in the fall, I guess. Although, by then, I'll be feeling like I'm in PERMANENT DIET MODE. Yikes!!!!