2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    shander - I like the sound of the 'cleanse' - I'd love to drop 5 lbs (and keep it off) - which would bring me to 3 lbs from goal!

Better - a full body massage REALLY IS A TREAT! I haven't had one since October. Report back on how GOOD it felt, so I can simply have osmosis-joy.

Chloe - if you end up at 40 lbs at 40 weeks, it's pretty average. Because you were in such good shape going into your pregnancy (not every lady is!), I think you'll get into good shape pretty easily on the other side of it. It's ALL GOOD!

chui - best of luck with your move - can't wait to hear how it all turns out. PS - LOVE YOUR AVATAR PIC! Wow, girl, you IZ SMOKIN' HOT!!

kclynch - time to get back on track! don't OVERWHELM yourself, just pick ONE THING you can do (better) today. And, just focus on doing that one thing. Keep that up for a week or two, then add something ELSE to the mix.

Today is a lifting day. Today is a deficit-eating day.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ladies. Had a bit of a setback at the gym yesterday... I started NROL4W stage 6 to prep for my wedding dress. I have god awful upper body strength and was really worried about the negative chin-ups. I was too embarrassed to drag a bench over to the bar and try the negative chin up in front of all the meat heads, so I tried doing it on the assisted machine (using the bar and the steps). Unfortunately, the bar didn't allow me to do palms facing me, so I just gripped and went - and really pulled something in my left trap/shoulder/neck. Needless to say I can't really move my head too far in either direction today and I had to stop everything yesterday.

Tried doing just some air squats and pushups to feel like I did something. I'll probably have to wait until this heals to try again, so it's just cardio for me for the remainder of the week :( I'm pretty bummed. I think once I start back up again, I'll do assisted chin up's rather than the negative ones. Probably not as good of a workout, but they intimidate me WAY too much.

Shander - I've always wanted to do a cleanse, but am worried I will be a nasty person to be around haha.

Better - So jealous of your massage, enjoy!

Chloe - I really hope I can be manage to be as healthy and active as you when I get pregnant. You are seriously giving me something to aspire to!

Chuisle - Kick *kitten* picture. Good luck with the move :)

Kclynch - I was feeling like you are this week last week. I woke up yesterday making the conscious decision that I needed to get up and do something and started small with walking my dog for 45 minutes. Seemed to have woken something up in me, bc I couldn't WAIT to get back to the gym and eat clean for dinner.

Beeps - Have a great lifting day!

Have a good Tuesday girls.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Chloe - Great job keeping up with everything!! You're fit, so I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Kate - Good luck with your move!! I hope you enjoy North Carolina, it sounds fun!

KC - The heat has been unbearable here too :-/ I lost a ton of motivation with it and I didn't want to even leave the house!! Hope you get back into it soon!

Beeps - Good luck lifting!

Ramalem - I hope you feel better soon!! Hopefully you can work lower body while your neck gets better, don't push it too hard, you don't want to hurt yourself further!

The cleanse I'm doing is called the "7 day diet" It isn't the most entertaining or delicious diet, but it allows me to eat food and as long as I remember it's only for 7 days, I can handle it. I'm at the half way point now, so it's working pretty well! I'm doing sort of a combination of these 2 sites.
    http://www.my7daydiet.com/before_7_day_diet.html
    http://theeatyourheartoutdiet.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-satan-diet.html

I have the soup every day (especially today, the banana day), and for the next 2 days I will be having tuna instead of chicken/ turkey since that is the only "meat" I eat! I'm done on Friday. I took before and after measurements and weight, so after I'm done (if I see results) I'll post them here. The cravings the first few days were intense, random foods too, but today I'm not craving anything in particular. This isn't for everyone either, just something I thought I'd give a try!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies! Your right Beeps, one day at a time. Today I want to log EVERYTHING and drink lots of water. Weird thing about summer, I know I'm not drinking enough. When I'm working, I always bring two big bottles of water to work, plus drink more in the morning and evening. I might have to look into that 7 day diet, just to jump start things.

Ram, sorry to hear about your shoulder/neck issue. Be careful and take some time off. I hurt my shoulder a few times awhile back. I realized it kept happening after dong a certain workout video, so I have stopped doing it. Make sure you rest.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ramelem - hope you're stretching....and google "rolling" and "shoulder" and I bet you'll find some good rolling you can do. You'll feel better for it!

shander - I'm TOTALLY interested in your outcomes, so, yes, please come back and post here!

kclynch - you're off to a TERRIFIC start if you're logging and drinking water. Believe me, that's an AWESOME way to begin!

Lifting went well. Work has blown up in my face....so, for the next few days I'll be in-and-out.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am way far behind. I just started a second job this week. Things were going slow at my current job so when I got a call from a temp agency I accepted a two month assignment in the accounting department of - get this - a fitness club! It's actually the one my old personal trainer who I used to work for left when he started his own business and I used to be a member there when I lived closer - small world. Anyways, because I am now working full time my kids are at a local summer day camp and also doing all their other activities so life is crazy. I ate like crap last week as hubby was on vacation, my sister is visiting, holiday, daughter's birthday, etc so I am trying to get back on track this week. I will check back and get caught up as I am able. Have a great week everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    abigail - well, I think it's super-cool that you took a TEMP ASSIGNMENT!! Even if other stuff is koo-koo, that seems like something worthwhile! You'll get back on track very soon, I bet!

I didn't eat enough, yesterday, and frankly, suffered 5 hours of INSOMNIA last night. No good. Trying to fix that today.
  • ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ramalem - ouch, hope your shoulder is better soon!!

Lifted today. I love lifting, but so happy to be doing a little cardio again! I did HIIT after my workout today and I have cardio tennis Saturday, plus I might go for a jog latter this week.

Am I the only one at a gym that has WAY too few Olympic barbells?? There is a dance that happens when I see that all 3 are occupied and I hover in between doing other lifting waiting but needing to pounce on my opportunity, but sometimes there this another guy I see who is eyeballing it. He sees me..who staked their claim first? grrr...I might need to put in an official request...more barbells please

My goals are to lift 3x per week and maybe put a 4th cardio day in there too
    - eat to my goals (TDEE - 20% with one day break to TDEE maintenance once per week)
    - I am not drinking any alcohol in hopes of burning MORE fat. (wish me luck on this as it is a ritual to have wine on Fridays and Saturdays with hubby and I really like it, compromise might be one glass, but we'll see....the tricky part is the discipline quickly slips away after one glass and I am easily able to rationalize more glasses...!)
    - Upping my protein quite a bit. I had dreams of going to 40% right away, but now down to 30% and maybe working my way to 35%. I miss carbs and well salads. I want protein, but I want to love what i eat too!!

Hope your week is great ladies!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    lambent - I'm fortunate that my gym has, oh, at least 8 OB hanging around....when I go at lunch, there's usually between 3- and 4- of 'em available at any one time. I think "putting in a request for more OB" at your gym sounds very reasonable!

I've been sticking to my plan this week....and, it's working! I'll hop on the scale to see where I'm at, but my tummy is nice and flat, and I really *do* see that, if I was about 5 lbs less, how much better my bottom half (i.e. belly-button waist and below) COULD look. That was pretty MOTIVATING today, to say the least!

Today, I lift!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Kate--good luck with the move!

Shannon--definitely let us know the results of your cleanse!

Kelly--I agree with Beeps, just logging everything makes such a differences. Just do what you can!

ramalem--That's the worst, I hate when I'm all excited to exercise and then have to put everything on hold due to an injury! I hope it's better soon.

Abi--You sound busy! That's fun that you'll be working for a fitness club. Do you get to use their facilities while you're temping for them? That would be a nice perk!

lamb--Great goals! Alcohol is a tough one. Sometimes it's good to break your rituals--you don't want to deprive yourself or take away something that you really enjoy, but you might find that on some Fridays and Saturdays you're just drinking out of habit rather than because you really want a glass of wine.

Beeps--Great job sticking to your plan!

I've been good about sticking to my goals as well. I've been logging everything and coming pretty close to my calorie goal (I went over last night, but I made myself log it at least), the only dessert I've had so far this week was one brownie at a work lunch I went to, and I've done at least a short workout every day. I need to make myself lift tonight since I slept in this morning. I'm traveling again this weekend (engagement party up in Connecticut) so I need to figure out a plan to work in some exercise and commit to logging. I'm terrible at logging when I'm out of town, but I really need to change that because I'll be traveling 4 out of the next 5 weekends (including a week-long vacation) and I'm not very good about sticking to my calories when I don't log.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey chicks. Quick catch up...
    Chloe, I'm always very impressed when I see your morning walks logged. Great job!

Kate, Good luck with the move! I love the Carolinas. My parents live in Wilmington and my sister in Chapel Hill.

Kelly, I've been in a bit of a rut too. I had a pretty bad couple weeks and this week have cleaned things up quite a bit and still feel gross, which is very demmotivating. I agree; one day at a time is good. One thing I do to help keep me motivated is write my workouts on a dry erase board and check them off when I complete. I always use cute fonts, lots of color, etc. Right now, the heading is "bringing sexy back". :wink:

Beeps, It's amazing what good eats will do to ones belly. And conversely what bad eats will do.....I am feeling my pants be snug and I have no semblance of any definition like I had maybe 4 weeks ago. It's kind of deflating really..... But I'm determined to get rid of some of my flab. You are doing amazing as usual. Oh, and the massage was really nice. I should do that more.

Ramalem, sorry about your injruy. Hope you heal soon!

Shander, great job on your will power this week! I can't wait to see results. You should post them even if you aren't terribly impressed. We are always our own worst critics and I bet you'll look great.

Abi, I hope you transition well into the second job. Sounds fun! Well...as fun as accounting can be.... :wink:

Lamb, Sounds like you have some great goals as well. It reminded me that my protein intake has sucked this week and I need to step it up.

Ris, I am also impressed with your consistency. Travel is hard. Vacation is even harder. While I try to at least do some activity and/or not totally gorge myself on cheese, wine and crackers, I hate logging on vacation. So good luck; I'm sure you'll do fine!

As I mentioned, I am feeling blah this week. I've done my workouts: 2 miles stroller run, 40 minute bonus walk, and 2 of my 3 strength routines so far, which I am still really liking. (Although my body may be adjusting; I'm barely sore today. Perhaps I need to add some weight).

My diet has been pretty good. I haven't drank that much (4 glasses of wine total this week), but I feel like a blob. Every morning I wake up and my stomach is huge. Maybe it's TOM; I sure hope so. My weight is also higher than I've seen in quite a bit: 131.5! I skipped last weeks weigh in because I didn't want to be depressed, and I am up 2.5 pounds from then. I need to stick with it and hope for a loss next week and to be rid of some of this bloat so I can get remotivated.

So I'm doing this challenge with my sister right now; really it's just to keep us both on track. It ends in 3.5 weeks when she and her family come visit us. After that I'm not sure what I'll do. I almost feel like switching things up. I saw my 6 Week 6 Pack DVD sitting out in my gym yesterday and I thought maybe I'd start that up again. Problem is, I kind of hate it. It gave me great results, but I sort of dreaded it most days. On the other hand, I love lifting and running. I should probably just stick with that. Maybe try to squeeze some zumba in. I've yet to get back to class.

Another thing to consider is that we're gonig to try for baby #2 in October, so I really only have 2.5 months until that happens at which time, workouts may need to be slightly modified. And of course there's the thought in my mind, "why I am trying so hard to get this body when in as little as 3 months, it will potentially be going away?" Of course I know the better shape I'm in, the easier it will be to bounce back. But then I start all over again..... Better to start from here than from "scratch" I guess.

Sorry to ramble. And sorry for the long post. :blushing: Have a great day!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Better- That's how I was before I got pregnant. My normal weight was 145, but I think I was closer to 150 when I actually got pregnant because I was slacking on workouts and eating and drinking what I wanted bc of that mentality. So I am still using 145 as my starting weight. Not sure I have any words of wisdom for you, but I do think my first trimester would have gone a little better if I was more in shape.

Ris- traveling is tough, especially bc its so hard to estimate calories if your not cooking or at a chain restaurant! But, just do the best you can!

No comments on the gym topic bc I workout at home.

So far this week I have gotten in 3 out 4 walks. We went to a concert Sunday night and I just couldn't get myself up Monday morning after the later than normal bedtime of 11 PM....so sad I know. I actually got the runtastic app hooked up to MFP so it automatically logs my walks, so that is kinda cool! I have not done any DVDs yet this week. I had a work dinner on Tuesday and just haven't felt like it the other days. I am thinking I will at least do my PP DVD tonight, I don't want to go too long and get out of the habit. I upped my net cal goal to 1900 today bc I seem to keep going over. But, I do need to chill out with the sweets though, they have definitely been my weakness during this pregnancy!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I started working towards getting the weight off when my 2nd son was born, at, like 5 weeks post-partum! I went back to work when he was 5 months' old and still had, oh, 15- or 20 lbs to chisel away??

Now, i'm tall, so I could hide it well....and, of course, going back to work, baby in the house, teenager in the house, it was H-A-R-D.

Found out I was pregnant with my daughter when I'd had that job 6 weeks.

6 WEEKS!

I cried, because who the hell wants to be pregnant with a 6-month-old!?!?

But, after crying, I smiled HARD because I realized that getting off that 15- to 20- lbs just fell to the bottom of the barrel - as in, I STOPPED TRYING!

i had a great pregnancy! (Of course, all my pregnancies were great....)

I won't bore you with getting baby-weight off after that 3rd baby, lol.....
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Wow Beeps! 6 weeks!? Sheesh...... I'm not so much complaining about getting the weight off. Between keeping up with fitness and nutrition during pregnancy, nursing (especially this) and having all those little blocks of time (and unseasonably warm weather) in which to walk and run with my baby, etc. during 12 weeks leave, I lost the weight relatively easily (in 4 months, but with dedication). Although I'm sure the 2nd will be harder.

My thing is, I want a "good" body which includes decent abs. It's hard for me to accomplish that. I really have to watch my food (and drink) as it is my problem area. Soooo....do I want to go through all that semi-deprivation, just to have "decent" abs for 2.5 months, or do I just keep myself in my "comfort area" (129-131 instead of "decent" abs zone of 126-128...yes, those pounds make a difference on 5'2"!)?

Speaking of my decent abs, this is the most decent they've ever looked in my life. Granted I was sucking in and flexing a bit, but if I do that today, I don't see anything like this. Bonnaroo, June 16.

59a03ddf-953f-4f7c-a542-366b65bf73b8_zpsc3a4d1c9.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    THAT PICTURE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo-hooooooooooooo!! You worked hard for it, I know you did.

5 lbs makes A LOT of difference when it comes to leaning out for abs - REGARDLESS of what "height" you are! It's one of the reasons I want to go lower in body-fat...can't see my abs, yet! Nor my penis-pointers.

I think if I get <140, something will show up.

I WILL say that my belly-button waist, which has NOT moved, in MONTHS, is FINALLY inching down...so, re-comp must be happening somehow! Belly-button waist is NOT a "venus measurement" (they use "natural waist"), but it's one that I'm watching because, frankly, it affects "muffin-top-ness".

I have 800 calories to ingest for supper....then, off to see oldest son's band. I'll be deaf by midnight. Yikes!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Better - Wow you look fantastic in that pic!!! As for the weight, do what you think is best. Yes it might be for only 3 months, but if having the ab definition makes you feel better, then get to that point again! You need to feel your best while still enjoying life, so whichever works for you, just do it!

Beeps - Congrats on losing around your belly button! I agree with you, that is the "muffin top" area and it's hard to get moving! Great job on sticking to your plan this week!

Ris - Great job sticking close to your goals! Traveling is always hard, good luck!

Lamb - My gym has plenty of barbells it seems! I just started there so I haven't done weights too many times, but I'v'e never had an issue finding one when I needed it.

Abi - Congrats on the 2nd job! Extra income is always helpful! I hope you were able to get back on track this week!

Today is the last day of my cleanse! Today is a decent food day as well. I'm going to try their suggestions as close as possible today since it is the last day, that means I started the day with an apple and watermelon, I brought a bunch of strawberries to munch on during work, once I leave (half day) I'll make a salad at home, topping with grilled veggies I had for dinner last night, and more fruit for snack, then the "wonder soup" and salad or fruit for dinner. So far I have lost around 5lbs still, but I'm hoping for another pound today, but I won't be upset if I don't. Tomorrow I will take measurements when I wake up and post the changes for you all to see, hopefully there will be a difference!

Also, I found out my scale is 5lbs off... but only when I step on it barefoot?? Has anyone ever had this issue? If I step on it with something between the surface and my feet (TMI but I actually just used underwear to stand on since I was about to jump in the shower anyways!) it will show me 5lbs lower than when I JUST stepped on it less than a minute before!! So strange! Has this happened to any of you?
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Shander - my scale is weird too. It always says a lower weight when I step on the first time, and higher weight when I step on it the second time. Sadly, I was weighed at work yesterday for a program that cuts our insurance costs and my weight there was the higher weight from my scale at home :(
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    shander - I can't WAIT to see the pics....my guess is that a 5 lb weight drop WILL be noticeable!!

I also cannot explain the 5 lb difference on your scale between barefoot and socks on - WEIRD!

I love weighing myself when I go to OLDcity, because I'm always 3- or 4- lbs LESS - that's what altitude can do, folks! Alas, since my gym scale is here, in NOWcity, I consider it my "true" weight.....mind you, I'm heading to OLDcity next weekend - better jump on a scale just to feel "light".

No lifting today. Cardio scheduled for tomorrow. I might lift on Sunday. Have a good weekend, all!
  • schakiiiii
    schakiiiii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My two week goal is...

1. Workout M-F in the morning at my work Gym
    2. Drink more water.
    3. Log my progress.
    4. Cook healthier for me and Daughter & Husband.
    5. Find more motivation
    6.Take Pictures so that I can see my progress
    7. NO junk food.

ahh! wish me luck! :ohwell:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ashley, you look great in that pic! Only you know what's best for you. When you really want to put forth the effort, you will.
    Shannon- I wish my scale was off 5 pounds! Can't wait to hear your final results. Have you been working out?
    Abigail- I work 2 jobs. It's sucks being so busy but I love getting old bills paid off.

Tomorrow is my 5k and I don't think I've run in 2 weeks! I'm gong to do the elliptical today. I know it's not the same but it's the bestI can do. What should I do tomorrow? Rest? Stretch? What should I eat? I'm hoping my friends will push me to finish without walking. I work tonight and then have to get up really early for a swim meet. Oh, Mon I am going to restart P90X. I'm excited. I get bored of the cardios DVDs, so I will probably sub different ones.