I'm totally bored at work.... :smokin:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am up in the air between taking this weekend for myself or doing some of the fun stuff that is planned.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Today's my last day of work. I begin my adventure Thursday with a 500+ mile drive home. I confess I haven't started packing everything I own yet...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Today's my last day of work. I begin my adventure Thursday with a 500+ mile drive home. I confess I haven't started packing everything I own yet...

I just completed a 1700+ mile drive back home to the Seattle area from San Diego. I go to work Wed night. I am not ready /=
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I confess I am a little sad and disappointed in myself. I was talking with my girlfriend about random stuff and got on the subject of people I knew from graduate school. It reminded me that I had not been in touch with my dissertation adviser although I'd been meaning to do so for at least three months. I last spoke to him a few days before Thanksgiving last year. He found out two days prior to that breakfast meetup that his cancer returned and spread to other organs in his body. According to the department website, he passed away about five weeks ago. Of all the things to get busy and forget about, talking to one of the more influential persons in your life when you knew he had little time left on this earth should not have been on that list.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I confess I am a little sad and disappointed in myself. I was talking with my girlfriend about random stuff and got on the subject of people I knew from graduate school. It reminded me that I had not been in touch with my dissertation adviser although I'd been meaning to do so for at least three months. I last spoke to him a few days before Thanksgiving last year. He found out two days prior to that breakfast meetup that his cancer returned and spread to other organs in his body. According to the department website, he passed away about five weeks ago. Of all the things to get busy and forget about, talking to one of the more influential persons in your life when you knew he had little time left on this earth should not have been on that list.

Sorry to hear that. Regrets suck. Don't be too hard on yourself. ((HUGS!!))
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I just completed a 1700+ mile drive back home to the Seattle area from San Diego. I go to work Wed night. I am not ready /=

That makes the 800 miles I put on my truck this last week feel tiny, even though that's about what I normally drive in 6 months...
  • bregalad5
    Options

That makes the 800 miles I put on my truck this last week feel tiny, even though that's about what I normally drive in 6 months...

I haven't had a car in three years, so the drive seems extra daunting to me than it would have three years ago.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I haven't had a car in three years, so the drive seems extra daunting to me than it would have three years ago.

wow no car in 3 years and not living in NYC. I don't know if I would be able to survive without one.
  • bregalad5
    Options

wow no car in 3 years and not living in NYC. I don't know if I would be able to survive without one.

7 months was in Rome, and 4 months was in Korea. Otherwise I have a grocery store within a mile of me, and a pretty decent bus system in this town. Can get pretty much anywhere I want.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Awwww sorry to hear that. I'm sure he knew you meant to xx
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anna and Dianna. I'm okay today. I was just bothered last night. I wrote my "confession" very shortly after learning about his death. In hindsight, I said my goodbyes. The purpose of my trip to Texas last November was to see him one last time and I did that.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess that comic con ended and I promptly drove to Utah with my sister and Rufio.

SDCC was a BLAST! I cosplayed, met a bunch of cool people, go to hang out with Cesar (when my sister wasn't being a demanding drama queen) got pulled to do a commercial spot for cartoon network (with a few other cosplayers) and made me thoroughly sad that I will be moving and this might be my last one for at least a year, probably longer.
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I confess that comic con ended and I promptly drove to Utah with my sister and Rufio.

SDCC was a BLAST! I cosplayed, met a bunch of cool people, go to hang out with Cesar (when my sister wasn't being a demanding drama queen) got pulled to do a commercial spot for cartoon network (with a few other cosplayers) and made me thoroughly sad that I will be moving and this might be my last one for at least a year, probably longer.

That sounds like a blast! There are many other comic cons around the nation. Sure they are not San Diego but fun all the same. What did you dress up as and will you post some pics?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I confess I have been too busy with work to get on the boards but i'm eager to catch up and see what I missed ;)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Trying to eat 160 g of Protein everyday is a headache unless i blow all my money on supplements
  • bregalad5
    Options
    I confess I'm having some serious anxiety about my trip. I haven't gotten my Letter of Invitation from Russia yet, so I haven't been able to apply for my visa yet. I'm likely going to have to drive back down to DC from Buffalo next week and hope to god I get it in time before I leave on the 7th... They'll have my passport meaning I won't even be able to get to the airport (I'm flying out of Toronto) ...