Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    c210k W11D2 done! Today I ran 4.16 miles in 53 minutes :happy:
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5K race yesterday and finished in 28:30. I learned a lot about strategy (don't start way in the back - it takes a lot of effort to get around all the people that start out slow). I finished 11th in my age group out of 27 runners so that is an accomplishment in my eyes.

I am already looking for my next race.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    After W5D3 I took almost a 3 week break. Just finished W6D1 tonight and feeling pretty good. Bring on day 2!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Some terrific achievements! Great to hear. Well done everybody :drinker:

Week 8 Day 3 done. Felt really good although my hand stung the whole time as I'd stupidly spilled boiling sauce over myself earlier today :ohwell: (I had it under cold water straight away and kept it there for half an hour) But all in all a great run. Looking forward to upping my time to 30 mins this coming week
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Just kicked Wk3D1's *kitten*!!! Took a few days off to be sick as a dog (thanks children) but now I'm back and it was awesome!

Yahoo!!! Way to go!
  • chantels1
    Options
    Some terrific achievements! Great to hear. Well done everybody :drinker:

Week 8 Day 3 done. Felt really good although my hand stung the whole time as I'd stupidly spilled boiling sauce over myself earlier today :ohwell: (I had it under cold water straight away and kept it there for half an hour) But all in all a great run. Looking forward to upping my time to 30 mins this coming week

Burns are bad!!! I am a big baby when it comes to burns! Great job getting your run in despite being in agony!
  • chantels1
    Options
    Finished Week 4!!! So nervous about week 5!!! Day 3 is super scary!!!

Here are my stats from today, which are a bit slower than Day 2. Not worried about speed. Just keeping up with the program!

RunDouble Update
    I completed C25K Week 4 Day 3 (1.75 miles), in 21:30, pace 12:18 min/mile, with @RunDouble
    1.75 miles in 21:30, speed 4.88 mph

Total distance including wu/cd = 2.39 miles in 31.30 which equals 4.5 mph. So not too bad.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    W9d1 tonight....first day into c210k. Felt really good even after a full 5k yesterday. Ended up going a total of almost 4 miles in 56 mins. I am confident I can do this! Hardest part now is forcing myself to take rest days. I still can't believe I am actually a runner (albeit a slow one ????)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5K race yesterday and finished in 28:30. I learned a lot about strategy (don't start way in the back - it takes a lot of effort to get around all the people that start out slow). I finished 11th in my age group out of 27 runners so that is an accomplishment in my eyes.

That's a fantastic time! My ultimate goal is to do 5k in less than 30mins but that's way off in the future, you're already there! :bigsmile:
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    completed W4D3...on to the infamous week 5!
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Did W7/D2 earlier today. My legs felt like jello afterwards but I killed it. I'm so excited after every run/accomplishment. Feels good :D
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Had a little run today - only did a mile and a half but I really picked up the pace, so I feel like I accomplished something :) My feet feel really shaky after 15 minutes of running and it kind of freaks me out.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I did W4D2 this morning. Not sure how it is for everyone else, but my runs are always better in the morning/midday rather than in the evening. My muscles don't get as tired and I seem to have more energy.

Distance 1.82 miles
    24:00 Min
    4.56 mph
  • chantels1
    Options
    W9d1 tonight....first day into c210k. Felt really good even after a full 5k yesterday. Ended up going a total of almost 4 miles in 56 mins. I am confident I can do this! Hardest part now is forcing myself to take rest days. I still can't believe I am actually a runner (albeit a slow one ????)

That is so awesome!!!
  • chantels1
    Options
    I did W4D2 this morning. Not sure how it is for everyone else, but my runs are always better in the morning/midday rather than in the evening. My muscles don't get as tired and I seem to have more energy.

Distance 1.82 miles
    24:00 Min
    4.56 mph

Great job!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, but I just finished Week 1, and am on Week 2 Day 2 today.... Hoping to be able to run a 5k by October. My time sucks since I'm taking it slow, but it's working.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

Great Job!
  • sadhanagopal
    sadhanagopal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am on W2D1. Have never run in my life so am so excited to be able to do something I never thought possible!!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi

I am on W2D1. Have never run in my life so am so excited to be able to do something I never thought possible!!

That's great! You should enjoy it. I ran when I was a kid, but then high school happened, and I got involved in other things, then university, and then marriage, and now, I say, ok, let's get back to this. I've been loving it.

Finished W6,D2 today. I maintained a 5.3 mph average, but it was not pleasant. Some mosquitoes decided to feast on my ankles the other day and now my ankles are so swollen you can't actually see them. My shoes felt too tight and the hinge motion wasn't comfortable. Benadryl doesn't seem to be working. I did it anyway, and just pretended I had Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels chasing after me.
  • Soxgirl97
    Soxgirl97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tonight was a 25 minute run. I was a little nervous but I trusted the program. If it said I was ready then I could do it. I ran 2.24 miles in 25 minutes. I shocked the hell out of myself. I have never been a runner. I never thought I could be a runner. Tonight I felt like a runner. For the people who are just starting, stick with it. You'll be amazed by what your mind and body can do.