Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Week 8, day 1 today
    I never thought I'd be running for 25+ minutes straight :D

Yaay! I'm so happy for you. I hope to post something similar within a few months. Good luck.

Thank you :) Feel free to add me, I'm very much a beginner at this too!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 2 finally completed. I was ill for a couple of days so had a few days rest and was itching to get back running. Who would've believed I would be sad to be missing my exercising!! What a change in my whole attitude since I started this programme :smile: Had a great run, felt fantastic. 2.54 miles in the 30 minutes.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D1, can definitely feel myself getting fitter. Compared to say week 3.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D1, can definitely feel myself getting fitter. Compared to say week 3.

It really is amazing how quickly your body adapts and your fitness levels improve week by week
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Can't wait to reach week 9. Not long to go at all!
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do most of my runs at night as well. And I agree it does throw you off when your used to the cool night and it's bright and hot out.

Glad I am not the only one. Haha. I think at least once a week I need to suck it up and run during the day to get used to running when the sun is out.

Me too! I ran w9d3 sat morning...after sleeping in, and the weather was cool, but I still it was soooo slow. I struggled before I even began. Then tonight ran w10d1 with ease, even without a rest day in between.

I haven't ran my first official 5k yet...just haven't been motivated to sign up (I've been content with all the unofficial ones I've completed). But I found one next month that starts a 8PM, not AM! So I decided the Glow Run with be my first true 5k race.
  • stellalagerfeld
    Options
    W4D2 down! My shins started to ache but I've been delayed with the program for so long. I'm already nervous about moving on to W5 but it's always been like this for me moving on to the next week.. then when you're actually running you realize that you just have to keep putting that foot in front of the other.. until you've finally finished D1 of the new week. I keep pushing myself if only for that post run feeling that you have progressed.
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did week 2 day 1 yesterday ..M just loving it...
    Warmup- 4.5 Walk – 5 Run – 6 Dist: 2.55km
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do Wk5D1 tomorrow. Right now my interval average is 13;36. Disney recommends being able to hold a <15 min pace in order not to be picked up by the sweepers. So if I train consistently I should be good to go. I've done two disney halfs before but I've always walked them. I've run/walked a few 10ks but not in a few years.

Goofed up and started Wk5D2 on accident. Didn't realize it until about 7 minutes into the first interval that this "5 minutes" seemed like it was dragging by. Either that or I've gotten faster because I shouldn't have made it this far in five minutes.........

So on Tuesday I'll do Wk5D1. I did fairly decent though, first interval was a 13:40 pace and second run interval was 14:41. Not bad for jumping ahead to two eight minute runs.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W9D1 complete - 2.49m in the 30mins according to my Garmin which was a wee bit slower than usual but I started off at a slower pace to ensure I completed without stopping.

All in all, I'm happy with my progress and I've spent my morning off plotting new routes of 3.5miles to allow for warm up/cool down walks and hopefully 3.1miles of running in-between for when I graduate this week - or that's the plan! :)

It's almost clichéd on here but as everyone says, it's surreal to think that a couple of months ago moving up to 90sec runs was daunting but now in the final week of the programme, 30minutes is completely doable even if I still have a comedy red face lol
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Week 10 of C210K today. This run was pretty tough for me. My legs were still sore from the weekend (Zumbathon on Saturday on tennis courts - hard on the legs). Hey, I still did it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran my first official 5k on Saturday!

Stats:

Time: 33:04.8
    Pace: 10:40
    Rank: 200 (out of almost 300) 11th (out of around 25) in my age group.
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 2 completed :D
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 2 completed :D

Feels good, doesn't it? :bigsmile:
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new. :)

Finished W3D1 on Saturday. W3D2 is tomorrow. How is everyone doing?
  • jmm083
    jmm083 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did it! WOO! W5D3. In the beginning of the program I could barely run a minute and now I ran 20 minutes straight without stopping! I can't even believe it. My pace wasn't great (12:56 for the run portions and 16 minute for walking) but I finished and that's really the important part. For everyone on the first few weeks, don't give up! You will feel amazing if you stick with the program.
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was forced to skip my run this morning due to an injury and it is killing me. I umpire baseball and I took a foul ball off the inside of my thigh yesterday that left me with a pretty good bruise and charlie horse. Hoping the discomfort goes away so I can get back out there and run in a day or two.

Congratulations to everyone else that is conquering your doubts and rocking the C25K. I never thought I could do it but once I got into the program and convinced myself I could do it, I graduated by running a 5K race on August 3rd in 28:30.
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I ran my first official 5k on Saturday!

Stats:

Time: 33:04.8
    Pace: 10:40
    Rank: 200 (out of almost 300) 11th (out of around 25) in my age group.

Congratulations. Isn't that a great feeling?
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 5k! Will you be signing up for more?

I will. I think I am going to start working towards running a 10K.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 done. It was hard! Partly because I had not recovered from my weekend. I did a lot of kayaking as well as some strength training this weekend, so I was TIRED before my run. 2.7 miles total in 34 minutes (including wu/cd, so not too bad. Got a notification as my first interval was supposed to start, so I missed the announcement and started running 30 seconds late, then had to stop as a loose dog started running at me. Stopped, he came up to me and I petted him, realized he wasn't aggressive and I jogged on! So some obstacles, but I plowed thorough! ;-)