Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 6 day 3 yesterday. I can't say I enjoyed it but I beat my personal best with a pace of 11 min/mile. Started out at about 13, barely a jog. Feeling much fitter already. I remember struggling to run for 3 minutes just a few weeks ago. If I can do it, anyone can! :smile: I am signed up for a 3K in 6 weeks time. Feeling confident!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Last week, I started Week 1 and finished early, so I started Week 2. I'm so surprised that I've been able to keep up (except half-way through this morning's routine bc I ran during parts of the warm up and each walking lap after that. That tired me out during one running segment, so I walked until the next running segment). But, I'm really scared for wk 3. I'm waiting for the 'slow down to a brisk walk' alert at only a minute into my 1.5-minute run. I don't know if I'm ready to run for double that amount of time. I didn't think I could do wk 2 last wk, either, so hopefully, the same thing happens and I'm able to do it. *hopeful*
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Last week, I started Week 1 and finished early, so I started Week 2. I'm so surprised that I've been able to keep up (except half-way through this morning's routine bc I ran during parts of the warm up and each walking lap after that. That tired me out during one running segment, so I walked until the next running segment). But, I'm really scared for wk 3. I'm waiting for the 'slow down to a brisk walk' alert at only a minute into my 1.5-minute run. I don't know if I'm ready to run for double that amount of time. I didn't think I could do wk 2 last wk, either, so hopefully, the same thing happens and I'm able to do it. *hopeful*

You'll surprise yourself and do it!

I think the first few weeks are hard - you're still learning the best way to run, how to breathe properly, how to pace yourself; all that on top of using muscles that may not have used for a long time!

W4 was when I started to get a handle on it and I'm not saying that every run since then was a breeze ... it just started to come a bit more natural.

Keep going, we're all cheering you on :smile:
  • teamAmelia
    Options

You'll surprise yourself and do it!

I think the first few weeks are hard - you're still learning the best way to run, how to breathe properly, how to pace yourself; all that on top of using muscles that may not have used for a long time!

W4 was when I started to get a handle on it and I'm not saying that every run since then was a breeze ... it just started to come a bit more natural.

Keep going, we're all cheering you on :smile:

:smile: Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in on Friday. I did week 1, day 2. Today I did week 1, day 3. I'm really enjoying the program and am definitely making an effort to schedule my workouts, which is a first for me! Must mean I've found the right plan and maybe I'll become a runner yet!
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    I'm alive!!!!! I completed Wk5D3 without stopping to walk. It was looking rough right around the 10 minute mark (which was the beginning of the first hill) but I got a live cheer from someone on FB and it kept me going. I completed 1.43 miles with a pace of 14:01 and with the WU/CD included I finished 1.93 miles at 15:32 pace. Which is below the cut off pace for all the Disney Halfs. Just need to keep building endurance and let speed take care of itself. :drinker:
    A real hill? Oh, wow. That can tire you out, so you certainly did a good job if you kept going. Bravo! :smile:
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    I forgot to check in on Friday. I did week 1, day 2. Today I did week 1, day 3. I'm really enjoying the program and am definitely making an effort to schedule my workouts, which is a first for me! Must mean I've found the right plan and maybe I'll become a runner yet!

You ARE a runner. :smile:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    c210k W13D2 today. It was supposed to be 25min running, 1min walk, 25 min run, but my app turned itself off, and I didn't notice until I was at 29 minutes for the first interval. Then halfway through the 2nd I got to a hill that was killing me! I'm in Illinois.... we don't have hills so even small ones are tough. I definitely need to do some hill work to improve that. My intervals ended up being 29r, 1w, 13r, 3.5w, 8r.

4.06mi in 55:35 with an average pace of 13:42.

I think I only have 4 more runs in the c210k program until I'm done and can run for 60 minutes straight. Crazy! I'm going to use a runner's world program after I finish this to get up to about 10 miles, then switch to Hal Higdon's half marathon training. It's hard to believe that just 4 months ago I was starting c25k and struggling with 60 seconds of running!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Great job getting your runs in! And if both feet are off the ground you're running! There is no magic speed, or mileage that makes you a runner. Just the fact that we get out there and do it.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    I'm alive!!!!! I completed Wk5D3 without stopping to walk. It was looking rough right around the 10 minute mark (which was the beginning of the first hill) but I got a live cheer from someone on FB and it kept me going. I completed 1.43 miles with a pace of 14:01 and with the WU/CD included I finished 1.93 miles at 15:32 pace. Which is below the cut off pace for all the Disney Halfs. Just need to keep building endurance and let speed take care of itself. :drinker:
    A real hill? Oh, wow. That can tire you out, so you certainly did a good job if you kept going. Bravo! :smile:

Yeah it's a real hill, it's also a real pain in the *kitten*. The sidewalk is all cracked up so you have to run in the road around a corner. Never ceases to amaze me how fast people go in a residential neighborhood.
  • Soxgirl97
    Soxgirl97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! Today was my last day of the program and I ran 3 miles!! My first 5k is Sept 14 and I can't wait. I'll continue to do 3 mile runs (maybe longer!) until then.

For those just starting out, stick with it. When I started I couldn't even walk a mile comfortable. Now I consistently run at a pace of 12:30/mile. You can do it!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I GRADUATED TODAY! :drinker:
    3.47 miles in 35 minutes. It was my first treadmill run in a while. I play on re-graduating again tomorrow/on Sunday when I can run outside
    I'm so happy, a few months ago I couldn't run for longer than 2 minutes
    I've got a 5K race in September, so over the next 4 weeks I'm going to spend 2 days a week focusing on doing comfortable 5K's, and the other 2 days focused on getting to 10K!

YAY you! I highly recommend re-graduating. Not because you need to, just because it's so much fun :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I did it!!! Today was my last day of the program and I ran 3 miles!! My first 5k is Sept 14 and I can't wait. I'll continue to do 3 mile runs (maybe longer!) until then.

For those just starting out, stick with it. When I started I couldn't even walk a mile comfortable. Now I consistently run at a pace of 12:30/mile. You can do it!!!

Another graduate! Way to go Soxgirl!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    @lua - congratulations on graduating ;)

I have a hard time breathing after 10+ minutes of running (which right now, for me is 4.5 mph). I made it through the 20 minutes, so w5d3 down (thank goodness, can't wait for intervals again!!). My biggest problem isn't really my breathing though (that's something to work on for sure) - but the fact that I don't sweat enough... it's always been a huge issue for me, I overheat like crazy and then get dizzy. I've been sweating more and more each time but "more" for me is like a few extra droplets. Hoping to break through whatever is making my body retain all the heat so that I can continue to push!

I keep saying for me it's not really about speed, which is true. But it is totally inspiring to read about people cutting their time down after completing c25k. I just feel pressure to keep at 4.5 mph because people keep telling me "oh my gosh that's so slow that's not even running". :O

Yeah. But those people are idiots. Why are you going to listen to THEM? If you're struggling with your breathing and feeling hot and dizzy, the one person you should be listening to is sending you clear signals: your body is telling you to slow down and drink more water. Some people can't go around the block without carrying hydration and it sounds like you might be one of them.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Cool group! Long run today....trying to keep consistent with my training has been a challenge. Need to run more often [need to build up a decent base] to prepare for 1/2 at the end of Oct.

What plan are you using?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I also can't help but question if I'll ever be decent at running during some of the intervals.

I still feel like this sometimes. A lot of runners do. Trust me that we're no longer talking about 5 minute runs, though. We're struggling to get our 5k pace below a 10 minute mile. Or 8 minutes. Or 5. You keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get there someday yourself.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Wk6D2 done!! 2.21 miles at a interval average of 13:26 and an overall average of 14:54 Yay me!
  • ermer00
    ermer00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well. I have friends who gave up after week 3 so it's great to see so many people here kicking *kitten*.

Yesterday I did w7d1 and did 27m30s instead of 25 mins and today I thought I may as well go for it (skipping week7 and 8) - ignored time, went slowly and went for the full 5k with no walking/stopping. Did it in 30mins 50secs. Hopefully over time I'll bring that down to a 10 min mile. It's amazing how last month I found 60 secs difficult and now I can do a 5k.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Saturday I did 4.69 miles with week 10, Day 3 of C210K.

Today I did 4.96 miles with week 11, Day 1 of C210K.

I may even break 5 miles this week!!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D3 last night. It was great, I felt great at the 25 minute mark, so I ran 28 minutes. Felt like I could got longer, but was afraid of pushing myself too much and getting hurt. I'm really happy with my progress, even though I'm still going super slow.