2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    This preggo is in! Sticking with my calories typically means I have avoided junk. If I eat my healthy food I feel good at 2000 net cals a day. So that is my weekly goal of 14000 net cals! Looking forward to starting the challenge Monday! I am also going to do my best this weekend, but it will be hard because it is a busy one! I have my friends shower tomorrow afternoon, I am MOH. And then a cookout tomorrow night. Sunday is the husband's bday we are going to the lake to cookout. So I will just be sure to bring some healthy snacks for that day! And of course get my morning walk in both days!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I drank too much wine last night...
    Weekend should be good, I am a little worried that the first week's challenge will end on the Sunday before Labor Day and I am going to the CU vs. CSU game, will take some planning and self control:)

Beeps, you are right, too, everyone picks their own goal so they can pick it how they want and it's an honor system, and also it's fake, there aren't any real gold stars:huh:

everyone here is in this for themselves, right? So if you want to participate just let me know what your weekly goal is, you can even change it from one week to the next, I don't care:bigsmile:
  • caitlinashe511
    caitlinashe511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You guysssss I watched myself binge at lunch today and I went over my calorie intake....was too ashamed to even put in all the homemade tortilla chips (read: greasier) in the log. Then I promised myself that I'd do P90X this afternoon, got too caught up with work, and now it's too late (lesson learned: ALWAYS do work outs first thing in the morning!). Thank GOD the challenge starts on Monday!

My overeating at lunch was because I was eating with a new person and we made so much food. After one taco, I was totally satisfied, but I thought she would think I was crazy since what we made was so delicious, that I just kept on going. Next time, I'll eat slower so that it doesn't seem like I'm eating like a rabbit and remember my happiness is not dependent on how one person thinks about me, but rather reaching my weight loss goal! What do y'all do in situations like this?

Re: very low cal days, I like that a lot! I especially like doing a quasi fast on Sundays...something I've carried over from living in France.

I think I'm going to up my weekly calorie goal to 9,500 because I work out pretty consistently.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Make it a 7-week challenge, then, Amy.....lucky number 7 solves your problem, re:ending weekend!

Put me down for 9,800 calories per week! I'm in for the star challenge!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. First, I had a tooth ache, then had an allergic reaction to antibiotics, got a horrible cold, had a root canal and could not recover!!! I also had to go back to work. New school years always start out so crazy, I'm lucky if I eat lunch. On the bright side, the scale loves me right now!

I want to join the star challenge. I can't get back into logging so hopefully it will motivate me. I like 9800 calories.

I think I've missed to much to catch up on. Welcome new friends. Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sitting in San Diego airport. Travel days are long, boring and tiring.....here we go!
  • Lynn5cmu
    Lynn5cmu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hellooo! I'll do the challenge too , I'm hoping to try 8400 a week. I need to try to stick with 1200 a day for right now, I have a long way to go.
    Also I posted but didn't introduce myself- so rude, sorry! I'm Andrea , currently living in south west florida. I need to lose 25 lbs. I have always had to watch my weight (thanks genetics) but things just got outta control and I just woke up one day and was the heaviest I've ever been and feel so tired all the time. I work in a doctors office , drug reps bring us lunches almost everyday, I'm working on my self control.. Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did 1,045 calories today. Perfect start to "de-tox" week.

:)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Put me down for 10,000. I ended up 10,419 last week so need to tighten it up. But I am being realistic as we are headed to the mountains for a long weekend with my parents this weekend and we like to drink wine when we get together. I really want to get in a nice long flatish (as we'll be packing my 25 pound 19 month old) hike in. Also may try to swim some laps one morning or get on the treadmill. Just do SOMETHING rather than lay around and eat. I also have dinner plans out and book club this week.

The following week I reckon I'll lower to 9500. The three weeks before South Beach may be even less. So I'm in for the challenge for 5 weeks I guess. May pick back up when I return from my trip.

Let's have a great week ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I will say that not exercising messes with my sleep in a VERY negative way. Boo. But, I won't permit it to mess with my diet! Day 2 of my "operation lean out" is in full swing....back to work, today, so I'll be busy and distracted. Go lift something heavy for me ladies!!!

I'm sooooo ready for this *star* challenge!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I hope you all had great weekends! I ate out a lot more than usual (two brunches plus a dinner out), but I got in some good workouts.

For the challenge, put me down for 13,370.

Welcome to the new ladies!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! So needing to get this challenge to kick my booty!!! I'm in for an avg of 1300 a day which equals a weekly total of 9100 cals.

Skipped the Beerfest and just went to the Ribfest...only had ribs and split 1 piece of cornbread and had maybe 3 beers. That's a success of a splurge for me :)

Just completed 3 weeks of doing weights 3x/wk so now it's time to reign in the nutrition and start logging, sigh :grumble: But I know it brings results, so here I go!! Starting the heavy weights again today too...thinking Stronglifts!

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to some of the other ladies!! Together we will succeed!! Let's do this!!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!

The first 2 weeks for me might not all be logged, however, I will still try to remember to long while on vacation! Put me down for 9500 cals/week!

Doing a mini cleanse before vacation! This is a loose variation of the 7 day one I did last month I will do:
    Fruit Day (cheating with a salad for dinner, didn't want too much left over soup!)
    Veggie Day
    Fruit & Veggie Day
    Veggie & Protein Day (this time I will use eggs as my protein)

Hopefully it will counteract some of the damage I plan on doing next week :P
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    shander - I'm doing a "cleanse" myself....just a water-based/food restriction kind. I'm on day 2. Mind you, I don't have a scale at home, so don't know what I weigh now, or what I'll weigh then!

I can go back to exercising on Sept. 21!

Well, actually, I can work-out today, tomorrow and Wednesday, as well....but, I have put my membership on "Hold" and it isn't worth it to take it off for the 3 days. Plus, being just back from vacation, these work-outs would be "light", in any event.

So, instead of doing the gym, I'm going to do Strong Curves at home for tonight, tomorrow night and Wednesday night. Then, truly, I'm on a forced work-out break Aug 29 - Sept 21. No exertion, whatsoever, following cataract surgery - guess you could pop the stitches with any elevation in heart rate!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...roll thread and *star* challenge begins on new thread!