Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Took a 48-hr break and came back stronger. Officially started w4d1 and was able to complete it twice in a row!

attempt 1
    2.23 total miles @ 3.9 mph - fastest: 4.9 mph - longest: .39 miles
    w/o wu and cd: 1.67 miles @ 4.2 mph

attempt 2
    2.09 total miles @ 3.7 mph - fastest: 4.2 mph - longest: .35 miles
    w/o wu and cd: 1.55 miles @ 3.9 mph

gotta go, but I'll be back later to look at your progress! :smile:
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    I'm headed out to do C25k, Week 5 Day 2 in about 15 minutes!

This is my first time posting on this forum, and I have a quick question: I've lost 35 pounds and my weight has dropped below 250, but I'm still the slowest runner ever! My quarter-mile time is 4 minutes, so my estimated mile time would be 16 minutes! Many people can walk faster than that. This is okay though, right?

Yes, it is. Try walking at the same pace. You're doing more running, right? You're lifting the weight of your legs more than you do with walking and you're holding your heavy arms up the entire time (I'm getting tired just thinking of that. :laugh: )
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 done and done!!!! I always track the warm up but not the cool down, so 2.24 in 29.22 - not brilliant but getting stronger every day! I can defiantly say biking on non- run days is helping my endurance, also running next to road makes me pick it up some don't embarrass myself in front of neighborhoods drivers lol. Looking forward to week 7 actually!!!!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Saturday: I didn't do a C210K run, but I ran in my first trail only 5K. :smile:
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    After a week of chiro care, and a pre-back in the program run, I finally did W7D1! :) Glad to be back running, even though the last 5 minutes of that run segment was horrifically hard! So hard that my running partner (who is more fit than I am, I thought!) had to bump speed down. Yikes! Oh well, I pushed through :) 2 more days of that :x Hope y'all (Americans) are having a great Labor Day (and that everyone else is having a happy Monday!!)
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I completed week 4, day 1 today! I'm so excited that I got the 5 minute run down. And during the last 5 minute set, Queen's " Fat Bottom Girls" came on the playlist. Great motivation to push to the end!

Nice song!! ;)
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    I'm at work right now and wasn't going to go running again tonight since I did today's run twice this morning. Your posts have motivated and anxious to go back out. Thanks, and you all are doing great!!
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3, it was pretty tough!! The last 5 minutes I felt like I was crawling, I was going soooo slow but it was really difficult to push myself through it.

I did sign up for a 4.6k, on Sept 22nd. So three more weeks to go! I should have finished week 8 of the C25K program by then. I'm a bit scared and a bit excited, I hope it goes well :-)
  • LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have just completed wk3/d2 and noticed that I burned less calories today than on the same run I did 2 days ago. Also, my average heart rate was lower and I was longer in the fat burning zone that previous runs (nearly 10mins as opposed to usually under 6),
    Does that mean that I'm starting to see an improvement in my fitness?
    Sorry if its a silly question, but I'm new to regular exercise, especially running, so it would be great if I can start to see results in fitness.

Thanks for your help :smile:
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have just completed wk3/d2 and noticed that I burned less calories today than on the same run I did 2 days ago. Also, my average heart rate was lower and I was longer in the fat burning zone that previous runs (nearly 10mins as opposed to usually under 6),
    Sorry if its a silly question, but I'm new to regular exercise, especially running, so it would be great if I can start to see results in fitness.

I do think a lower heart rate is a sign of improved fitness. My average HR on my regular hikes went from 140-160 to 120-125 after one month on the C25K program. Also not getting out of breath so easily, the HR recovering quicker, and in general it all feels less intense (even at the high HR peaks when climbing hills).

I tried to google signs of improved fitness but I'm not really getting anywhere. It could be that I'm not using the right terms (English isn't my first language) to find the answers I'm looking for.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Saturday: I didn't do a C210K run, but I ran in my first trail only 5K. :smile:

Congrats! How was it? How was it different than running a regular 5K? Had you been running on trails to get ready?
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I do think a lower heart rate is a sign of improved fitness. My average HR on my regular hikes went from 140-160 to 120-125 after one month on the C25K program. Also not getting out of breath so easily, the HR recovering quicker, and in general it all feels less intense (even at the high HR peaks when climbing hills).

I tried to google signs of improved fitness but I'm not really getting anywhere. It could be that I'm not using the right terms (English isn't my first language) to find the answers I'm looking for.

Yep in general a low heart rate is a good sign of Cardiovascular fitness, decreasing heart rate and recovery times are definitely signs of improving fitness.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Hi again, this is my second post only, since I found the August thread first. But August is history so here I am, reporting of a successfully run W7D1.

I hope my weight comes off soon, because it feels really heavy lately to schlep around all the excess. Other runners look so effortless in comparison.

For some reason I picked the correct direction to run my trail today, because a huge bunch of guys ran against me in several batches. I would have felt inadequate, had they all ran past me in my own direction like that.

Great training to everyone this first autumn week!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Here's a short intro to cardiovascular fitness, how it is measured in physiology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VO2_max
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've had a very busy weekend with the holiday and my girls' birthdays. Haven't had a chance to sit in front of the computer in several days so 2 days of running to add.

Saturday - W8D1
    2.21 miles, 28 min, 12:39 min/mile 4.74 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.78 miles, 38 min, 13:38 min/mile

Monday - W8D2
    2.20 miles, 28 min, 12:41 min/mile 4.72 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.79 miles, 38 min, 13:36 min/mile
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did a little over 5.2 with Day 3, Week 12 of C210K.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today's lunchtime fun was Week 4, Day 2! I tried a new park near work, which was ok, but it was more nature trail than running trail. Natural paths with just fine gravel, no pavement. It is a sunny day, but I wouldn't want to chance running it after a rain - too many tree limbs and roots in the path.

And in my haste, I thought I forgot socks in my gym bag today. So I ran without them and got a huge blister. Then I got back, checked my bag, and low and behold - socks!!!! Grrr! Oh well, hoping that it looks better by Thursday's run.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did Week 5, Day 1 again lol. We got as far as Week 7, Day 2 but got scared of W7D3 and beyond. Due to humidity and crazy schedules, we decided to do mix of days from Weeks 5-7 for a couple weeks then go back at it, trying to get through weeks 7 and 8.

I know I've come a very long way and I know I will continue to progress, but I'm still frustrated that the progress is so slow!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I know I've come a very long way and I know I will continue to progress, but I'm still frustrated that the progress is so slow!

I know what you mean... I am sad I can't run every day! I want to just do it all and get it done and then start running 5Ks - I am so impatient and hate waiting!!!!

On a side note, I think I am the only person on here who's excited for Wk7 :)
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I run W6D2 today, so it's my last run with a break. From here on out it's continuous running! I haven't had to stop or repeat, yet... and I hope that trend continues... :/