Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 3, Day 2 last night. I've really started to LOVE this program. I used to run years ago and always on the treadmill. I am finding that I love running outside so much that I will never run inside again.

For some reason my run last night seemed much easier than my Week 3, Day 1 run even though it was really the same run, I guess I just felt better.

I may run again tonight only because I really really want to run on Sunday morning and then tomorrow could be my rest day. For me my Sunday morning is my favorite, streets are so quiet and the sun is shining. Love being outside this time of year.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 3, Day 2 last night. I've really started to LOVE this program. I used to run years ago and always on the treadmill. I am finding that I love running outside so much that I will never run inside again.

For some reason my run last night seemed much easier than my Week 3, Day 1 run even though it was really the same run, I guess I just felt better.

I may run again tonight only because I really really want to run on Sunday morning and then tomorrow could be my rest day. For me my Sunday morning is my favorite, streets are so quiet and the sun is shining. Love being outside this time of year.

Skip running again tonight and just go out Sunday, the rest days are important when you're starting up. I've read somewher that the human body is more than capable of running itself to injury without any training at all.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Does anyone else struggle with only running every other day? I 'want' to get up every morning and do it, but I don't want to burn out.
    Good thing for the brisk dog walk on the off days.

Yes, especially when I'm close to the end of the wk and it's time to start another wk w longer intervals.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Skip running again tonight and just go out Sunday, the rest days are important when you're starting up. I've read somewher that the human body is more than capable of running itself to injury without any training at all.

Thanks, you are probably right. Even though my mind wants to do it again tonight because it was fun my body probably does need the rest. My calves felt tight after running last night so I did stretch well. I cannot run tomorrow, husband at work all day into late evening but yes I think I will wait until Sunday:)
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great job @babyrover and @joe. Welcome @wolf! :)

@Putcake - congratulations! Feels weird to congratulate you for half of that statement but I'm so glad you turned it into a positive and are making big changes, that is amazing and truly inspirational :)

As for myself - w7d2 down and oh what a hellish run it was this morning. Super hungry from being hungry before bed last night but if I eat within 2 hours of my run (even a string cheese!) I get nauseous. Turns out if I don't eat for 8-12 hours before a run, I also get nauseous :p Super lame. Off for a long-ish weekend but running again Sunday for w8! Almost done w/ the program, it's crazy! Then I get to work on increasing my speed a bit to do the full 3.1 mi :)
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else struggle with only running every other day? I 'want' to get up every morning and do it, but I don't want to burn out.
    Good thing for the brisk dog walk on the off days.

I too want to get up and do it every morning! But yes, the rest days are very important (from what I hear :) They have helped save my knees, that's for sure! Also, I love running on Saturday mornings - so I have no choice. M,W,S for me!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    W1d2 down. I did find a slightly better route. :). The up hills were hard, I was going very slowly. I kept a decent pace on the flats. Happily I found a nearby street with a very slight inline. I might use this one for the next few weeks. Run up and walk down. I think it is just about the perfect length for a 60 sec jog.

There is only one problem. Today I was on edge and didn't have much appetite. When I got home I hardly felt like eating and I am way under calories. Intense exercise suppresses my appetite as well.

I am sure I will catch up over the weekend.

Note 2? Week 1 is easier than expected. Hmm we'll see how the rest go :D

I think it was only the excitement of starting something new that got me through week 1 - physically it nearly killed me lol

Don't worry about going slowly, the important thing is finishing each interval as then you get to feel smug that you've done it :bigsmile:

LOL! I cheated a few weeks ago. I was doing a trial at a different gym, and they had a track. I worked out some and then had a burst of energy. So I decided to run a few laps. A few turned into quite a lot. And I was alternating with run 1, walk 2. (It was a small track, not full sized). I kept this up for 20 minutes or so. And it was after I had done lots of other stuff, including farmers walks.

I had thought I wasn't ready for c25k, but that was basically a week 1 or 2 workout that day. It was the impetus I needed to really try to do it. I think I am at the stage where 2-3 minutes straight isn't a big challenge (as long as the hill isn't super steep). But I don't recall the last time I ran 10 minutes straight! Maybe it was my teens. Maybe.
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm new to the group and glad I found it!

Well, tomorrow Week 4 is *hopefully* ending for me!

Yesterday, I did Week 4, day 2. It was easier than day 1.

As per my Garmin watch, here is my stats:
    -speed when running was anywhere between 5.2 and 5.4 mph
    -speed when walking was between 3.4 - 3.6 mph
    -Distance was 2.5 miles for 34 minutes

Heart rate when running was between 176-179
    Heart rate when walking was between 133-139

Is it too much? I don't want to die :laugh:
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    i can't help much whether your gonna die or not, but it looks great! and welcome!!!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options

As for myself - w7d2 down and oh what a hellish run it was this morning. Super hungry from being hungry before bed last night but if I eat within 2 hours of my run (even a string cheese!) I get nauseous. Turns out if I don't eat for 8-12 hours before a run, I also get nauseous :p Super lame. Off for a long-ish weekend but running again Sunday for w8! Almost done w/ the program, it's crazy! Then I get to work on increasing my speed a bit to do the full 3.1 mi :)

Firstmost, I have no idea what i'm talking about...but, and this is just a what if, what if you have travel sickness? All kidding aside, I can't believe your almost a graduate...
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did week 5 day 3 today!

I'm slow (a sixteen-minute mile time), but I did it!

My very first 20 minute run, and the first time I've run a whole mile (plus some) without walking in well over 20 years!

I can't believe I came from wheezing during a sixty-second interval, to being able to run more than a mile, in 5 weeks. And even weirder, I can't believe I didn't hate it!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I did W9D1 this morning. My legs felt like really heavy, but I pushed through. Now I get to stand/walk around all day with my kids at the local air show.

2.40 miles, 30 min, 12:30 min/mile 4.79 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.95 miles, 40 min, 13:32 min/mile
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

My very first 20 minute run, and the first time I've run a whole mile (plus some) without walking in well over 20 years!

I can't believe I came from wheezing during a sixty-second interval, to being able to run more than a mile, in 5 weeks. And even weirder, I can't believe I didn't hate it!

Congrats on the 20 minute run. It sure feels amazing to conquer that one!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options

Yes!! Well done. Week 5 day 3 is such a milestone, a great achievement, be proud of yourself and how far you've come :smile:
  • salobrau
    salobrau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah just finished week 5 day3. Thanks to my c25k friends for encouraging me to 'just do it' and see what happens. I did just that and it worked. I was slow but running. Don't have a good idea how far I ran but I know it was more than a mile. Never in my life have I done that.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Did my final run for W4. Technically, I only ran on two different days this wk, but I actually started W4 nine days ago since I finished W3 early. This was my fastest and longest run for the entire program.
    1.77 miles w/o warmup and cooldown @ 4.4 mph - Longest: .42 miles (personal best for entire program, too) - Fastest: 5 mph

w wu and cd: 2.35 miles @ 4.1 mph

I tried to test W5 during my run afterwards, but I was too worn out. On to W5 tomorrow or Monday.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 is finished. Yay! Go Me.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Looks like I am on the sideline for a bit. My heel is killing me! I have no idea why. So rest it is, and W1D3 is postponed.
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Congrats! It feels so good doesnt it!

Rocked out w6d3 yesterday - it was as if the stars aligned, and I even gained on my previous time.... Can't wait for tomorrows wk 7 to begin!!!! All my friends are doing tough mudders this wkend, I am so jealous I can't wait to get there!
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just finished W5D1 today. I actually found it wasn't too bad. I was sidelined for 2 1/2 weeks due to a back injury and was worried that I would need to backtrack. All's well and looking forward to W5D2 on Tuesday.