I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I really, really hate colds, especially when I can't communicate with the pharmacist because for some reason she doesn't understand me sniffling and acting super congested like I am... :(

Im gonna give you an old nursing tip..Everything is over the counter so it may help...... Before bed take. 1 multvitamin 2 vatimin C 500mg, 2 claritin (or benadryl ) 2 tylenol 500mg,and 1 zinc . This usually shocks your system and helps you get over a cold quick ... Nurses use it down here if we feel the symptoms of a cold coming on

Might not be over the counter in Mosscow.

Exactly. My mom's a nurse, so I know allllllll the tips and do them when I'm in my own country, but I'm in a little bit of a foreign place where I don't know brand names and can't read labels (well, I can sort of sound things out in Russian since thank god I've retained my ability to read Cyrillic, but I'm really slow and don't understand what anything means, haha). Was able to get a Russian teacher to go to the pharmacy with me this afternoon to get some OTC stuff. It's actually cleared me out pretty quickly but runny noses are just as icky and annoying as stuffy ones... Blech.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess I am back at work today after 10 days off and they put me in a full day of training.

I confess that was me today (work after 10 days off). At about 2pm I shut down.... so, I'm here. :)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess the kids went back to shool yesterday and I'm exhausted already. One in seventh grade and one in first grade....lots of paperwork when they came home from school and then my son (7th grade) has six different teachers. He met four yesterday and came home with papers and things he needed for their classes. Insanity... and, to top it off he had his first fall baseball practice. It was a late night, but I slept so good!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I confess I really, really hate colds, especially when I can't communicate with the pharmacist because for some reason she doesn't understand me sniffling and acting super congested like I am... :(

Im gonna give you an old nursing tip..Everything is over the counter so it may help...... Before bed take. 1 multvitamin 2 vatimin C 500mg, 2 claritin (or benadryl ) 2 tylenol 500mg,and 1 zinc . This usually shocks your system and helps you get over a cold quick ... Nurses use it down here if we feel the symptoms of a cold coming on

JEN!! I'd just like to say that I took this concoction of drugs (felt like a crack head :laugh: ) and my sniffles have GONE!! :bigsmile:

You're a nursing genius!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess for such a short work week this one seemed way to long.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

JEN!! I'd just like to say that I took this concoction of drugs (felt like a crack head :laugh: ) and my sniffles have GONE!! :bigsmile:

You're a nursing genius!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

YOur welcome lovely glad it worked
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that I have call me maybe stuck in my head.

Carly-Rae-Jepsen-call-me-maybe-quote.gif
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I confess i've been reading bad dates and bad sex stories this week. Not that I am planning on going in the dating world, I was just looking for some entertainment :laugh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Not a bad song to have stuck!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

what? It is the worse song to have stuck.
  • bregalad5
    Options
    I confess I'm supposed to teach today but I have no voice. Hmm what will they say when I get there and can't talk?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm supposed to teach today but I have no voice. Hmm what will they say when I get there and can't talk?
    Hmm...could you get the parrot in your current profile pic to sub for ya? :bigsmile:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

what? It is the worse song to have stuck.

Haha I love that song!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I am running late today. Didn't have the motivation to get out of bed until the time I am usually leaving the house. Got to work 40 mins late, which means I need to shorten lunch or work late today.
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess I saw 2 movies this weekend. Rid**** was awesome but I felt like Jobs was an 2 hour and something long apple computer... They mentioned almost nothing outside apple for the whole movie...
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I confess I was really dragging *kitten* this morning. I made it to work at my normal time but had no attention span. I'm really not sure how I got here. I don't remember the drive. I remember being in the parking lot and checking to make sure my doors were locked, getting something out of the trunk and checking my doors again. Then I saw a homeless guy wandering down the sidewalk and thought I felt more miserable than he looked. It's not fair that I have to go to work but he doesn't.
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess I was really dragging *kitten* this morning. I made it to work at my normal time but had no attention span. I'm really not sure how I got here. I don't remember the drive. I remember being in the parking lot and checking to make sure my doors were locked, getting something out of the trunk and checking my doors again. Then I saw a homeless guy wandering down the sidewalk and thought I felt more miserable than he looked. It's not fair that I have to go to work but he doesn't.

Maybe your coming down with a virus or something. Alot of times when you just start feeling sick you get draggy and kinda depressive before your cold symptoms appear
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think it's just that it's Monday and I really don't like my job right now. It's becoming mundane BS on regular basis.
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Hmm...could you get the parrot in your current profile pic to sub for ya? :bigsmile:

Haha I wish! Teaching teenagers with no voice was quite interesting. Got some meds after work, so hopefully I'll be better for the two classes I have to teach tomorrow. At least my students had a nice giggle at my expense ;)
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess I just went to HR on one of my co-workers. The man smells like a week old gym bag all the time... Anytime he comes around I get nausa, I told Hr I felt bad and then they told me that they've recieved multiple complaints on this guy and have spoken to him before