Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I completed W4D3 this mornig. It was nice. There were lots of folks cooking bacon, though, lol. Regardless of how long I've been a vegatarian, bacon smells amazing!!! I'm excited to start week 5 on Tuesday!!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I planned to rest today, but it was so cool and breezy in the evening that I went for a run. W8D1- honeslty cannot believe I'm here already, it seemed impossible a few weeks ago. Felt good tonight, I've been noticing that it gets real rough at about minute 15, then around minute 22 starts feeling really easy!
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I couldn't sit still today. So I did week 4 day 3 and Not only did I do it, I did it hung over. LOL. Oh well. On to week 5.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I planned to rest today, but it was so cool and breezy in the evening that I went for a run. W8D1- honeslty cannot believe I'm here already, it seemed impossible a few weeks ago. Felt good tonight, I've been noticing that it gets real rough at about minute 15, then around minute 22 starts feeling really easy!

So happy for you, and thanks for the heads up about mins 15 and 22. I'll remember that. :smile:
    I completed W4D3 this mornig. It was nice. There were lots of folks cooking bacon, though, lol. Regardless of how long I've been a vegatarian, bacon smells amazing!!! I'm excited to start week 5 on Tuesday!!
    :laugh: And, congrats.
    Looks like I am on the sideline for a bit. My heel is killing me! I have no idea why. So rest it is, and W1D3 is postponed.
    Did you just start running? If so, you probably need better shoes, need to look at your running form, or both. My feet always had some kind of pain, either in the arch or in the toe. I was wearing all types of wrong shoes and arch supports. I ended up just wearing some cheap shoes from Old Navy and haven't had a problem since! No arch supports needed. Good luck.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    W4D1 down... tonights run SUCKED!
    Overall 4.78km in 37:37 including WU/CD and extra walking as I didn't realise this week finishes about 1km short of where I normally hit my cool down
    Run Pace 6:47min/km
    Walk Pace 8:43min/km
    Average 7:50min/km

I tightened up in my left hammy during my warm up and never loosened up during the entire session. Every step was a battle, it sucked but I never gave in, never stopped running and I made it.

Well done everyone kicking along with the program
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    W4D1 done...felt good, but felt slow...

Stage Distance
    Time
    Pace
    WU 566 yards
    5:00
    15:31
    1 660 yards
    3:00
    7:59
    1R 183 yards
    1:30
    14:21
    2 1039 yards
    8:27
    2R 334 yards
    2:30
    13:09
    3 664 yards
    3:00
    7:56
    3R 195 yards
    1:30
    13:32
    4 1019 yards
    8:37
    CD 554 yards
    15:51
    Total 2.33 miles
    21:30
    9:13
    inc WU/CD 2.97 miles
    31:30
    10:36
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D3 this morning!!!

Uh oh... what to do when I finish week 8 at the end of the week?? (Not up to 5k, though.) Should I just keep plugging along for 30 min or so each workout and increase speed a little each week? Or go back to the earlier intervals and work on speed gradually that way? Or maybe try the Zombie Run app? Any advice will be welcome :)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options

Uh oh... what to do when I finish week 8 at the end of the week?? (Not up to 5k, though.) Should I just keep plugging along for 30 min or so each workout and increase speed a little each week? Or go back to the earlier intervals and work on speed gradually that way? Or maybe try the Zombie Run app? Any advice will be welcome :)

I would suggest concentrating on increasing your distance rather than speed, the speed will improve itself over time. I wasn't running 5k in the 30 minutes at the end of the programme. I decided to carry on running 3 times a week, adding a few more minutes to each run. First I ran for 34 minutes and then I went for 38 minutes and made the 5k. I'm happy with that distance for now, I run 5k three times a week
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in this weekend - quick overnight trip to my in-laws in PA, so I wasn't near the computer too much!

Saturday I started Week 5. It felt great. I was really worried because several 5 minute runs seemed so long, but I really got into a nice groove. And it was a nice intro to fall weather - it was cold! But, I didn't get as hot as I have been, so I might be able to layer clothes in the future to stay warm.

Today I'll do Week 5, Day 2 at lunch. I'm very much looking forward to it and very much in need of a good run!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I completed W9D2 today.

2.44 miles, 30 min, 12:16 min/mile 4.89 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    3.03 miles, 40 min, 13:11 min/mile
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I completed W9D2 today.

Congrats!!! Do you think you will be ready to run a 5K by the end of the week?
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    W7D1 today! It's still humid here and that really saps my energy. When I ran (about 6:15am) it was 68 but 94% humidity - bleech!

I made it through my 25 minutes, so that made me happy (at about a 11:15/mile pace). I have my third 5k race (did one in Feb and one in June) at the end of the month, so hopefully I'll be set. I've been going back to C25K to try to build up my speed. I don't know if it's really working, but we'll see :wink: My first race was 39:45, second one was 35:45. I'd like to get under 35:00 for this next one.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options

I would suggest concentrating on increasing your distance rather than speed, the speed will improve itself over time. I wasn't running 5k in the 30 minutes at the end of the programme. I decided to carry on running 3 times a week, adding a few more minutes to each run. First I ran for 34 minutes and then I went for 38 minutes and made the 5k. I'm happy with that distance for now, I run 5k three times a week

Thanks for sharing! I will probably try this method. :smile:
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 5, Day 2 at lunch. I usually check the next week's workouts when I finish a week. I did look at week 5 last week, but wasn't really paying attention. I didn't realize I was doing 2 eight minute segments today! I actually checked my phone (which I almost never do) to make sure I hadn't missed a cue to walk. So it was tough. But, I got through it - and even though I slowed down during the second segment, I didn't walk.

I did just check out the next workout - which I will do on Wednesday. Run for 20 minutes without walking?! Gonna have to pysche myself up big time for that one - but since I'll know to expect it, I'm hoping it won't be so bad!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 5, Day 2 at lunch. I usually check the next week's workouts when I finish a week. I did look at week 5 last week, but wasn't really paying attention. I didn't realize I was doing 2 eight minute segments today! I actually checked my phone (which I almost never do) to make sure I hadn't missed a cue to walk. So it was tough. But, I got through it - and even though I slowed down during the second segment, I didn't walk.

I did just check out the next workout - which I will do on Wednesday. Run for 20 minutes without walking?! Gonna have to pysche myself up big time for that one - but since I'll know to expect it, I'm hoping it won't be so bad!
    Oh, the infamous 20-minute run! :laugh:

Everyone gets nervous about that, but just remember to pace yourself. If you don't go too fast, there's no reason you can't do it if you've already gotten this far.

I had those nerves when I did it, and I got them again doing the Zen Labs c210k program and I got to the first 60-minute run without walking. Just don't let your mind scare your body into stopping. You can do it!

:flowerforyou:
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I completed W9D2 today.

I'm confident that I can run a 5k, it just won't be done in 30 minutes :laugh: I'll worry about the speed later. I think I'm going to work on the B210K program next. I have my first official 5k in just under 2 weeks on September 22nd.
  • crista_b
    Options
    I completed W9D2 today.

I'm confident that I can run a 5k, it just won't be done in 30 minutes :laugh: I'll worry about the speed later. I think I'm going to work on the B210K program next. I have my first official 5k in just under 2 weeks on September 22nd.
    Good luck! My first 5k is Sept 29th. :happy:

PS, if you're going to do the b210k (or 2nd half of c210k depending on the program you do) and want to join the MFP group (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/526-bridge-to-10k ), there's some great veteran runners there, just like here. :flowerforyou:
  • sarahmcapps
    Options
    After getting through Week 2, the last 4 have been fairly "easy". Now I seem to have hit a wall at W7D1! I can already run the 22 mins from Week 6, but I've tried W7D1 twice now and can't make it past the first 10 mins, even slowing down my pace.

Also, I am the definition of running slow. I have been completed the program by time running, not distance. When I (someday) get to W8D3, running for 30 mins will not get me through a 5k. Any thoughts on how to work on the time/distance gap???
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Did W5D1 this morning. My GPS messed up for the first run-on all.four.of my apps! At least I remembered where I started and stopped and I started and stopped around the same area the second and third runs, so I was able to do the math. Plus, I obsessively take screenshots just before the end of each lap/interval. So, here's how I did based on the screenshots (the w/u, cd, and runs were 5 minutes, and the walks were 3 mins):

WU- 3 mph
    R1- 4.8 mph
    W1- 3 mph
    R2- 5.04 mph
    W2- 3.4 mph
    R3- 4.8 mph
    CD- 3.36 mph

I think that I did a pretty good job. It was basically part of W4 on repeat. I wanna go out again when it's cooler tonight!
  • crista_b
    Options
    After getting through Week 2, the last 4 have been fairly "easy". Now I seem to have hit a wall at W7D1! I can already run the 22 mins from Week 6, but I've tried W7D1 twice now and can't make it past the first 10 mins, even slowing down my pace.

Also, I am the definition of running slow. I have been completed the program by time running, not distance. When I (someday) get to W8D3, running for 30 mins will not get me through a 5k. Any thoughts on how to work on the time/distance gap???
    I run REALLY slow too. Most of the time, people suggest to just build your endurance and speed will happen on its own.