I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I wish I had today off as it is beautiful outside.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I confess the fact that both Dexter and Breaking Bad are over makes me really sad :(
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    I confess that I have to write my first research paper ever this semester, and I'm super excited about the topic!!! Especially since I had a meeting with my professor this morning and she said she was really excited about it too! Yayyy!!!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I confess I am disappointed in my nation's leadership over this government shutdown. Most of our staff got sent home today- no work, no pay, indefinitely. It's really sad. I hope it doesn't last long. Rumor mill says a week, maybe two. I don't agree with the way ObamaCare was passed, but I also don't agree with sending people home with no pay to prove their point while the folks who made the decision continue to get paid. It would be different if THEY were going without pay (not just monetary, but also the privileges and benefits) too!!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    I confess I am disappointed in my nation's leadership over this government shutdown. Most of our staff got sent home today- no work, no pay, indefinitely. It's really sad. I hope it doesn't last long. Rumor mill says a week, maybe two. I don't agree with the way ObamaCare was passed, but I also don't agree with sending people home with no pay to prove their point while the folks who made the decision continue to get paid. It would be different if THEY were going without pay (not just monetary, but also the privileges and benefits) too!!
    Rest assured that the Republicans care deeply about the commoners.

We should note however that some lawmakers have apparently voluntarily given up on their pay in "solidarity" - however for someone who is on $100,000+ a year, it is probably easier to afford it.

Can't they just do their job properly for that much money? Even for the entertainment/comical value, I find it cheaper to hire a clown.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member

I confess that the rest of the world is looking on in bemusement, and feeling slightly smug that our political systems, as imperfect as they are, are not in quite such an absurd mess and/or capable of such arrant nonsense! My sympathies to all directly affected and struggling as a result, though.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member

A lot of the Congressman and a few of the Senators who voted for the Health Care Law were sent home without pay. It happened in November 2010 though.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511

I feel for those staffers, but the govt has been sending people home for the last 6 years because of careless decisions.... Personally my families 20 year old contracting firm was shut down do to the Dodd/Frank, which started the hideous mess of 2008. I guess besides those serving not getting paid, I think they should shut it down until they learn how to grow up, this country needs a balanced budget, jobs, and leadership.... not petty childish games and war.

Just a note for those that are not in the USA.... while our Fed Govt. is shutdown, it's only a partial shutdown and unless, you were sent home like JJ's co-workers, or depend on a program that's shutdown, most will hardly notice a difference in their daily lives. We still have state and local govt. so it's not like we have anarchy over here... business as usual for most.... which is why nothing really changes politically.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member

We should note however that some lawmakers have apparently voluntarily given up on their pay in "solidarity" - however for someone who is on $100,000+ a year, it is probably easier to afford it.

This is why I noted "not just monetary, but also the privileges and benefits"

The privileges and benefits they receive far exceed the paycheck. Our government would save a LOT of money right off the bat if we cut their "serve one term and get a check for life" retirement and force them to use Thrift Savings Plan like other federal workers. I can get pretty spun up on this so I think I’d better avoid further convo on this, or at least take that to the debates forum.
  • MissingMinnesota
    I tried a new cupcake recipe last night and am testing them out on my co-workers. I usually only make brownies and cookies so this I am worried they aren't as good as I expect. Oh they are a maple pecan cupcake that is supposed to have bacon on top but I left that off.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    I confess I wanna get some cute slutty (don't judge) halloween outfit.. My only worry is that I might still be to big for one... Im' obviously gonna try them on before I buy them.. What do you guys think?
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I confess I wanna get some cute slutty (don't judge) halloween outfit.. My only worry is that I might still be to big for one... Im' obviously gonna try them on before I buy them.. What do you guys think?
    I think that is a great idea. And I'm sure you would look fantastic in one.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member

I just went to look at your pics, I think you would look great in one. Sexy is a mindset and i'm sure you can find something to your advantage. I've been wearing sexy costumes for the last few years and i'm 215 lbs. It's all in the head and how you make it work :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

I feel for those staffers, but the govt has been sending people home for the last 6 years because of careless decisions.... Personally my families 20 year old contracting firm was shut down do to the Dodd/Frank, which started the hideous mess of 2008. I guess besides those serving not getting paid, I think they should shut it down until they learn how to grow up, this country needs a balanced budget, jobs, and leadership.... not petty childish games and war.

Just a note for those that are not in the USA.... while our Fed Govt. is shutdown, it's only a partial shutdown and unless, you were sent home like JJ's co-workers, or depend on a program that's shutdown, most will hardly notice a difference in their daily lives. We still have state and local govt. so it's not like we have anarchy over here... business as usual for most.... which is why nothing really changes politically.

Yes, I felt that earlier at work today. Luckily I haven't been sent home but we are short handed at work. It's not difficult until we run into problems that can only be fixed by certain people and those certain people have been sent home/furloughed thus making things interesting.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I confess I was scrolling through PoF this afternoon and came across a profile that I think has an actual mug shot as the main pic. Does this guy think that's appealing? :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess I was scrolling through PoF this afternoon and came across a profile that I think has an actual mug shot as the main pic. Does this guy think that's appealing? :laugh:

some delusional woman is thinking "Oh I like bad boys, I can fix him to how I like him"
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member

I'm with ya. I would love to wear a sexy costume. Don't know if I'm going to celebrate Halloween this year because I work but if I do it would be fun to branch out.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

I'm with ya. I would love to wear a sexy costume. Don't know if I'm going to celebrate Halloween this year because I work but if I do it would be fun to branch out.

Same here. I work so I'm meh about Halloween this year.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member

Oh no I'm going to a CD release party thats gonna be a costume party. Also probably going to a bar wither the friday before or after in costume.....
  • MissingMinnesota

Oh no I'm going to a CD release party thats gonna be a costume party. Also probably going to a bar wither the friday before or after in costume.....

I need to find something to wear as I am probably not going back to MN that weekend.