DOLPHINS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I have a tip for my team. Have any of you tried Ezekiel bread? It is sprouted grain bread, you find it in the freezer section at the grocery store, and it must be kept frozen as it spoils quickly. I bought some yesterday to try. It has no flour in it, only sprouted grains. (It is not gluten free, although they may make a GF one, not sure). It has 80 calories per slice, 15 grams carbs, 4 grams protein, 0 sugar, and 3 grams fiber. I just checked and they do make a gluten free version. It is very good, and a much better choice nutrition wise than regular bread. It has a "hearty" flavor, so if you are a white bread person you may not like it, but the texture is good and I find it delicious. :happy:

By comparison I looked at some other whole wheat breads, 4-6 grams sugar, and around 25 grams of carbs.
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    30 minutes of Jillian Michaels DVDs: 218 calories.
    reps: 100 (I paused my HRM during the abs cycles and counted those as my reps)
    So far this week I've done 188 stair reps (That's Sunday through Tuesday, sorry for not having it separated)
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    More walking for me today but not much else. 60 mins walking for about 300 cals I'm guessing - was quite hilly as we were in the mountains.
    I also made coffee today.... Starting with picking the beans, hulling them, roasting then grinding. The coffee was great; you don't get fresher than that!!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Managed about 250 reps as well
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    More walking for me today but not much else. 60 mins walking for about 300 cals I'm guessing - was quite hilly as we were in the mountains.
    I also made coffee today.... Starting with picking the beans, hulling them, roasting then grinding. The coffee was great; you don't get fresher than that!!
    Ohhhh that coffee sounds devine!!!!! I LOVE fresh ground coffee!!!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Hello amazing dolphin's. I am sure you all rocked out your Wednesday. I am sorry I haven't got tuesday yet. I will try to get tuesday and wednesday done tomorrow. Been a stressful day and well lets just say I'm drained beyond all measure. We are in for some interesting weather they are saying. So if I can't get to group I will message Sheri my info.

Keep it up you guys. Rock out the rest of the week. I know you all are bring it to the best of your abilities.
  • vhuber
    Options
    WEDNESDAY:

1. 60 min of walking = 487 cals ( I took a spill at work today so the back is a little sore)

2. 100 stairs & the 5 minutes of stretching PLUS 10 minutes for flexability.

3. 100 core reps

4. Did post on the pay it forward page but will do better by Friday!!
    NO I did NOT do good on LOW SUGAR today!!:grumble:

5. YES I did my NEW habit

water= 5
    sodium=5
    w/o= 10
    support=1
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    1. 60 minutes boot camp 519 calories
    2. 0 reps
    2. 15 minutes stretching
    4. No alcohol
    5. Stretching after boot camp

80 stairs

Weren't we supposed to be nice to someone every day? I need to look into that. I don't think I have been nice to anyone! Well, I take that back, one of the ladies at work had her hair cut and it looked beautiful. I told her so. Does that count?
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    Running/obstacle training: 47 minutes, 567 calories
    100 reps
    219 stairs
    got my stretching in.
  • ibmgirl87
    ibmgirl87 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry I've been quiet so far this week... School is kicking my butt this semester... Oh but super exciting news! I had boughten a dress in May and it was so small that I couldn't even zip it up... Well guess which dress I was able to wear to work today? Yup that same dress!! Which made me feel so much better because I've been feeling like I'm looking thinner but the scale isn't agreeing with me so to actually see results like that make this journey all the more better!,

Ok so stats

Sunday:
    Workout: 95 minutes of walking, burning 675 calories
    Reps: 0
    Stretching done!

Monday:
    Workout:95 minutes of walking must have had a fire under my butt because I did the same route and burned 696 calories (21 more than the previous day)
    Stretching done!

Tuesday:
    Workout: rest day
    Stretching done!

Wednesday:
    Workout: 30 minutes of walking burning 133 calories
    Stretching done!

Haven't really been doing stairs as haven't been able to find the time to get them in will try to get some in tomorrow
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    @tabby....lol!!! Wellll you should be nice to someone everyday :laugh: :tongue: but no...for the challenge you just had to do something nice like that once...and yes your nice thing counts ;-) Just a nice compliment to someone or a thoughtful act is what my goal is this week for everyone....HOWEVER....because of your question....I just gotta challenge you to do one more "nice" thing....just for the heck of it!! You Can Do It!!! :wink: I promise to do 4 tomorrow! If you do 2!!! I have oddly not come in contact with many people this week - so I'm WAY behind myself!!
  • Sheri869
    Options
    Jambo :)

I have done a fair bit of walking though. Say 90 mins and about 400 cals. It's quite difficult to keep track of time at the moment. Oh, I saw some wildebeest and some zebras today whilst having lunch :)

@hypallage...You're killing me with your vacation posts!! I'm So Jealous!!! I am So Glad you are having a fabulous time!! Wish I were there! :happy: GREAT JOB Still getting in the workouts as well as the fun!!! IF you happen to see this - your Monday you had like 500 calories....of walking Everywhere....got any idea of minutes??

And You guys are REALLY doing a great job with the week...and FUN Posts!! Though I wanna kill the Wolverine who posted the cookies!! :tongue: :grumble: I was posting #'s and saw that and thought at first glance OHHHHHH one of my Dolphins posted an Awesome low fat low cal delicious cookie recipe....then I read on to see the taunt!! Punks!!!

You Guys Keep it up!!!
  • Sheri869
    Options
    2j1nadg.jpg

I toooo LOVE this pic!!!!! So thought I'd quote it again! It's just so Cute!!
  • Sheri869
    Options
    @tabby - thanks for the tip on the bread - I KNOW I've tried it but I can't remember if I liked it or not - I was always a white bread girl so moving onto whole grain was a big step for me :noway: I have a lot of fiber needs so I do the Fiber One Whole Grain - but I'll have to try that bread again...cuz LOWER Carbs I'm always looking for these days - seems....that whole over 40 thing is too true....metabolism Slllllooooooowwwwwwssssss Way Down so I need to focus on all that stuff I used to be able to eat without thinking!! :sad:

@Ashley....your workout - obstacle training?? What kinds of stuff are you doing?! Seems fun and creative!! Are you training for something fun? Mud Run??

I have posted what I believe to be everything to here....PLEASE Check the chart!

Been a bit of a crazy week...and NOT a great one for me so I'm playing a little catch up. I had a bad day yesterday and did the emotional eating/drinking thing rather than exercise and Sunday we were in the car most of the day so no workout there...so I'm going to have to do the Rare Friday Workout to get in my 4 workouts this week!! :grumble: But I'm Up for the Task!!

You Guys Are Toooooo!!! Push Hard!!!! You're Almost There!!! Finish STRONG!!!!!!

Happy Halloween!! NO CANDY NO CANDY NO CANDY!!!!!! (ok just PLAN Ahead if you want a TINY bit!!!) If you are a lover of candy....Don't deprive yourself....Or you'll find yourself going overboard - so just give yourself a piece...and Remember there will be another piece there tomorrow for you if you plan for it!

We ARE Still Missing a Lot of #'s....so hoping most of the rest of the team checks in here at the end of the week!! Dolphins are a ways under on minutes....VERY Close on Calories...should be NO problem hitting that....AND CALLING All Rep Lovers!!!!! (That means EVERY Dolphin!!!!!) We Need To AMP Up those Reps Again This Week.....Way Further behind than We ARE Capable of!!! Welllll I'll be working this tummy good again tomorrow for those reps!! Join Me in Killing Thursdays Reps!!!

Gooooo Dolphins....Gooooo Dolphins......Gooooo Dolphins!!! WE BE LAUGHING In The Face of the Competition!!!!

dr4cp0.png

Good Luck This Week!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Sheri, those Dolphins do look like the are laughing!!! SOOOOO cute!!!

I am over on my core reps but I can do more today/tomorrow if need. But a tip for ya. Get to the top of your stairs, lie down & do 20 to 25 core reps and you got them BOTH taken care of! It makes it easy for both really!

I too had a "sugar" attack yesterday! I was ok on cals with it but I am TRYING soooo hard to get to NO sugar. I WILL plan for ONE popcorn ball tonite with my grandson though. Going low sugar & watching my carbs is what has helped me lose the 12.5 pounds so far in this challenge.Even though I have started menopause (we women are wierd creatures) I still experience pms, so this week was irritability, puffyness, backaches, tiredness and the ugly CRAVINGS! Like I said we women are wierd creatures!!!!

It's THURSDAY!!!! So once AGAIN make it be "THOROUGH THURSDAY" ! Get THOROUGH with EVERY thing Sheri has asked of us! It take more than one to make a TEAM so let's play as one!!! We can do this DOLPHINS!!!!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween, Dolphins! You guys are so cute and have been killing it this week! Why not treat yourselves tonight? It's one night a year, after all! :devil:

Go ahead- you deserve it! Feel free to take more than one- they are fun and snack sized. :wink:

Trick-or-Treat-What-Your-Favorite-Candy-Can-Teach-You-About-Recruiting.jpg

Happy-Halloween-truespock-26378967-371-350.gif

From the Wolverines!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Here is my Tuesday Oct 29

66 mins for 261 calories ( mins completed 299, calories burned 1897)
    Stairs 400 (20 pts / 60 so far)
    Core - 150
    Kind post - yes
    Recipe try - not done yet
    Water - 64oz (5pts/ 15 so far)
    salt - 885 (5 pts/ 15 so far)
    Bad habit - done (3/7 days done)
    Good - habit done (3/7 days done)
    Smack - done already this week (5pts done for week)
    Communication - yes. (3/7 days done)
    Stretched - yes
    Flex goal - yes
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Here is my Wed Oct 30

63 mins for 254 calories ( mins completed 362, calories burned 2151)
    Stairs 400 (20 pts / 80 so far)
    Core - 150 (300 done for week so far)
    Kind post - yes
    Recipe try - not done yet
    Water - 64oz (5pts/ 20 so far)
    salt - 1877 (5 pts/ 20 so far)
    Bad habit - done (4/7 days done)
    Good - habit done (4/7 days done)
    Smack - done already this week (5pts done for week)
    Communication - yes. (4/7 days done)
    Stretched - you better believe it.
    Flex goal - yes

Inputed my Tuesday and Wednesday.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    SHERI

Question. Monday I did a total an hr stretching. That was the before, during, and after workout as well as my flex goal stretching and also stretch before bed. I am not sure how you want to list that on the chart. I did put in the minimum of 5 minutes. If it doesn't make a difference then ok but if it does.........
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Well amazing Dolphins how is your Thursday? Make sure you double check how you are doing and what all you need to get in yet before deadline on Friday.

Watch that candy....... I heard the other groups are taking collections so as to share among themselves. That is so kind of them to take the unwanted candy.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Thursday and making it a great one. Keep up your hard work.