Friday:
    workout: 60 minute yoga...265 calories
    stretch: 5 minutes
    reps: 100 core, 200 stairs

weight: 120
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Yeah Pam! Glad you got your stats in. ALL noted now on the chart. It seems EVERYONE met their goals this week. And we are over all our team goals. WELL DONE SHARKS!

Just waiting to see if Kai checks in - not sure if she is still with us. I did send a PM the other day, but no news. Anyone heard from her? I hope she is OK!

ALL UPDATED TO HERE!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Ali, thanks for taking care of the last chance workout stats ... you are a real gem :flowerforyou:

And I'm with Ali on this ... what an absolutely brilliant team we sharks are ... I love this team :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wow...we really did do great this week! I love our team too, Mary!

Does anybody else slack up with your eating and all on the weekends? During my other challenge when I did so good, I rarely had a 'cheat meal' or dessert, but now I almost feel like I'm entitled to eat more and/or be lazier on the weekends. And I know that is undermining my efforts...Anybody have any input?

<3
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Does anybody else slack up with your eating and all on the weekends? During my other challenge when I did so good, I rarely had a 'cheat meal' or dessert, but now I almost feel like I'm entitled to eat more and/or be lazier on the weekends. And I know that is undermining my efforts...Anybody have any input?

<3

Yes it's my total down fall lol I can have a whole week of good eating and screw it up on the weekends. Especially on national eat your kids halloween candy day lol
  • pamcuster
    Options
    WE ARE NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK!!!

Well, I already *knew* we were number one...but now we have proof!

Let's use that momentum to do EVEN BETTER this next week!!!

GOOOO US!!!
  • jaajh
    Options
    As Pam said, I always knew we were NUMBER ONE, but this confirms it!

I LOVE that not only did we "win" that top spot on weight loss (notice THREE of us in the Top Ten :bigsmile: ) but Sheri calls us an "Amazing team" since we had EVERY person complete the challenge, AND the highest overall level of participation AND the highest percentage of weight loss. We couldn't have done it better :happy: :bigsmile: GREAT WORK SHARKS! Simply THE BEST :bigsmile:

Now let's do it again this week :laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy your rest today, but let's do as well (and maybe even better :bigsmile: ) next week.

So proud of you all :flowerforyou:
  • jaajh
    Options

<3

Yes it's my total down fall lol I can have a whole week of good eating and screw it up on the weekends. Especially on national eat your kids halloween candy day lol

Yes, weekends are my hard time too! However, I am doing a little better than I used to. This cartoon sums up how I view most of my Saturdays now though :laugh: :

h2MzyqX.jpg
  • jaajh
    Options
    And here is this week's summary (for those that like to see it here):

#1 WORKOUT - 3 days of at least 30 minutes AND one day of 120 minutes (can divide this into 2 workouts on that day)
    No min. number of minutes for the week here, as long as you get the above in.

Calories to burn: 1400
    FOR THE TEAM: 16500 = 1650 each

#2 HIIT - ADD 6-10 minutes preferably at another time to your usual workout. Do as follows:
    1 min. warm up (light jog)
    1 min. high intensity (high knees, Jumping jacks, burpees, mountain climbers, etc)
    30 seconds recovery (light walk)
    Repeat to 6-10 minutes
    Last minute - cool down.
    THIS IS EXTRA - DOESN'T COUNT TOWARDS OTHER WORKOUTS/REPS/POINTS
    Not sure if we have to do this every day, or just the 4 days we need to workout. Will let you know once Sheri answers this question!

#3 - seems to be missing!

#4: REPS - 250 core reps and 250 other (minimum 500 in total)
    TEAM: 5600 = 560 each

#5 Personal Challenge: EXTRA MOVEMENT POINTS!
    TWICE a DAY - two extra movement points (walk up stairs with washing in very small piles; park further away in car park; stairs instead of lift; etc. Be imaginative here!) A point for each EM. Maximum 2 a day and 12 a week.

#6: STRETCHING: 5 minutes on all 6 days again. This has to be IN ADDITION to stretching you do with your workouts.

I hope all that makes sense! Ask if you have any questions.
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yay! Sharks are NUMBER ONE!!!! Congratulations to Kristie, Ali and Samantha for making the top 10!! Woo hoo:laugh:
  • jaajh
    Options
    OK, here is the answer from Sheri clarifying the challenge for this week:

"For this week do a HIIT on 4 days - also preferably on your workout days - but does NOT have to be - as I said in #2 - also preferably at opposite times of your normal workout - my example - I workout in the evenings so I am going to try and do my HIIT's either in the am or at lunch time.

And No there is no #3 - You guys are quick ;-) Also didn't have a chance to go in and fix that before my computer died...Sorry!!! "
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Oh, Ali...that 'chocolates' cartoon is too funny!

And I'm very happy that you guys can relate to my weekend struggles, but you're not offering much help!!! :laugh:

No, seriously, I realize that I can only help myself...I just have to want it bad enough. And if I cheat some on the weekends but do really good all week, I usually still see results; they just come slower. The deal is, I want faster results because I have to see family around the holidays that I only see once a year...and I just *have* to look decent! (Vain, I know!)
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    rw6ivc.jpg

Watch your back little sharkies....We Are Coming To De-Throne You!!!

(but Also want to congratulate you on a Great Week All Around!!!) 'Enough of that though!!! Week 5...Dolphins #1!! :drinker:

2rglxc5.jpg
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I just wanna say the the SHARKS are...well...
    :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :love: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :heart: :bigsmile: and the drinker emoticon...which I cannot click from my phone? Anyway we are all that and a WHOLE box of chocolates!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Oh, Ali...that 'chocolates' cartoon is too funny!

And I'm very happy that you guys can relate to my weekend struggles, but you're not offering much help!!! :laugh:

No, seriously, I realize that I can only help myself...I just have to want it bad enough. And if I cheat some on the weekends but do really good all week, I usually still see results; they just come slower. The deal is, I want faster results because I have to see family around the holidays that I only see once a year...and I just *have* to look decent! (Vain, I know!)

I LOVE MY SHARKS!!!!! WE'RE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I got that out the way.....I have the same weekend issues. I think that is why I like the fact that this challenge starts on a Sunday. One less day to eat crazy!

Oh, I love that cartoon...pretty much my weekend attitude (insert pizza instead of chocolate). Maybe we can help each other with tips or little saturday challenge to stop us if we feel like we are going overboard (not a Sheri-like challenge just something for weekend motivation).
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Ooh...weekend motivation would be good! I need it for Friday AND Saturday! They are both so far from NEXT Friday's weigh-in that it's easy to justify a little splurge... I'm all ears for motivational/challenging ideas!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! LET'S STAY ON TOP!!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great week for all of us! I'm so happy to be a part of this team. Knowing the effort that all of you put in motivates me to push harder and do my best. I'm surprised at my loss but I think it has to do with my weekends off. When I strictly adhere to my avg cals my weigh loss slows. As soon as I have a day or two when I'm not stressing over food and calorie counts- whoosh! -it comes flying off. So I think it is important that we partake in the occasional indulgence especially considering how many calories we are truly burning thru this challenge. Yeah we add up the burn from the workouts, but don't forget the reps, EM, etc. Let's ride this wave into another successful week!

wave.gif
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I love the sharks ... and my encouragement for today is ...

Don't let what you want now, destroy where you want to be tomorrow. :love:
  • nonnalynn
    Options
    Week 5

Workout
    60 minute walking
    0 reps
    no HIIT
    Stretching Done
    EM Put clothes away one at a time from laundry room to their home...

posting points later...
  • nonnalynn
    Options
    My cheers for today is for all who switch between Daylight Savings and Standard time...

1VzygtB.png