• kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Fitspo-Dancerjump.jpg
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    For today: "Excuses don't burn calories."

That's a painful truth for me today...I spent the day with my daughter and grandson, and we had planned to go for a walk together. We simply ran out of time...when we get together, we do all of our regular shopping, and it just takes a while... :grumble:
    It gripes me to death to lose those points!
    Anyway, here's my ugly Tuesday:
    Core reps: 50
    UB reps: 100
    EM: 1) carried Kayla's bags in and 2) carried my bags in...not one at a time, but both were lots of trips (big shopping day!) and I refused help from my son-in-law or from my boys
    Stretch: 5 minutes

Now I have my work cut out for me the rest of the week! :noway:
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Good One...:laugh: This did have me cracking up!!

beqXY7J.gif

HOWEVER.....This is us Gettin' Serious....pulling away in the lead.....Eat Our Wake Sharkies!!!!

15odoj6.jpg

YEEEHAAAAA!!!!!
  • lobstergirl
    lobstergirl Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The average shark has 40-45 teeth and can have up to seven rows of replacement teeth. Because sharks lose a lot of teeth and grow them back quickly, they often go through more than 30,000 teeth in a lifetime.

Ewwww dodgy teeth and even worse breath!!

You sharkys should reach for the mints!!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    POINTS summary for week 4

#1 Water - 35/35 pts (Over 8 glasses all 7 days)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts
    #3 Workout -35/60 pts(M 10pts,T 10pts, W 10pts,Th 5pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #4 Bad Habit: 25/25 pts (4/4 days)
    #5 Good Habit: 25/25 pts (3/3 days)
    #6 Team Talk:0/7 pts
    #7 Smack Talk: - 0/5 pts -

Total 120 points excluding bonus points

SUNDAY:

WORKOUT: 0 minutes

REPS: 0

STRETCHING: Did my 5 minutes
    (5 more days to go)

HIIT: 0

EM: (1) Walked around a convention hall for 2 hours
    (2) Took stairs instead of elevator

Monday:

WORKOUT: 32 minute walk, 157 calories

REPS: 0

(4 more days to go)

HIIT: 6 minutes

EM: (1) Parked further away at the store

TUESDAY:

WORKOUT: 124minutes (34 minutes walking, 90 minutes elliptical); 848 total calories burned

REPS: 50 crunches

(3 more days to go)

HIIT: 7.5 minutes

EM: (1) Parked further away at the store

POINTS summary for week 5

#1 Water - 1035 pts (M 5pts,T 5pts, W 0pts,Th 0pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts (M 0pts,T 0pts, W 0pts,Th 0pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #3 Workout -15/60 pts (M 5pts,T 10pts, W 0pts,Th 0pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #4 Bad Habit: _/25 pts (1/4 days)
    #5 Good Habit: _/25 pts (0/3 days)
    #6 Team Talk:1/7 pts (Tuesday)
    #7 Smack Talk: - 0/5 pts -

Feel like I've been away, but my teammates seem to be rocking the challenge this week. Planning to do a lot of reps tomorrow night. And aiming for a huge calorie burn over the next two days.

Don't let this Holiday season beat you, beat the holiday season, true shark style.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing SO well! KEEP IT UP SHARKS!

TUESDAY:

WORKOUTt: The big one = 55 minutes running (almost 7.5 km! My 8km goal is getting closer!) 8 minutes walking (yes, I walked the last about 0.7 km!); then my second segment was 20 minutes aerobics, 20 minutes strength training with weights and then 20 minutes of lower body and butt work. Total was 123 minutes and I just about collapsed :laugh:
    Calorie burn: 960 :bigsmile:
    (Have now complete all my workouts and calorie burns BUT I AM NOT STOPPING! No holding this shark back! Rest of the week is for the team :bigsmile: )

REPS: Only managed 50 sit-ups today.
    (Still have 50 core reps and 200 other reps to go)

(3 more days to go)

HIIT: Nope - not today! Would have died if I'd got that in as well!
    (2 more sessions of HIIT to go!)

EM: 1) Filter-filling (see before)
    2) Went to visit my friend this afternoon and instead of parking at her house, I parked a little further down the road and walked. (Also helped her carry boxes while there as she is packing up to leave :cry: :sad: )

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE.
  • jaajh
    Options
    Had to share this. I know we've seen this before, but a reminder can't hurt.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Instead of telling yourself you can’t have something

tell yourself that it’s something you don’t do. When you self talk and tell yourself you can’t have something it has an effect of making you want it even more. But if you say that it is something you simply don’t do you are more likely to stick with it.

For example:

"I can’t have any soda"

vs

"I don’t drink soda"

It’s a subtle difference but it’s an important one.

Use it for a lot of different situations

"I don’t miss workouts"

"I don’t eat that"

"I don’t talk to myself like that"
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

ETA: I've been doing this all week with my smoking cessation (I'm not a smoker or I don't smoke vs. I can't smoke or I've given it up......really it works)

I :heart: this! Haven't thought of it like that before! And WELL DONE for being a non-smoker for a week - KEEP GOING!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jaajh
    Options
    My inspirational shout-out goes to ALL my fellow sharks for being such good role models! All who made your food diaries public are SUCH an inspiration to me! So many clean and healthy eaters who have such self-control with calorie counting! All while working out like sweaty beasts!!! Cheers to ALL sharks! Keep up the outstanding work! :drinker:

Couldn't agree more! You guys motivate me to keep going. I LOVE this team :love:
  • jaajh
    Options
    The average shark has 40-45 teeth and can have up to seven rows of replacement teeth. Because sharks lose a lot of teeth and grow them back quickly, they often go through more than 30,000 teeth in a lifetime.

Ewwww dodgy teeth and even worse breath!!

You sharkys should reach for the mints!!

Look how quickly we replace those teeth guys! There is NO holding us back! We are ON THE MOVE all the time and in all ways! Sharks are ALWAYS ready to attack! Think I might need to just copy and paste this on to the page of those pesky little Wolverines! Seems we have some people worried this week :bigsmile:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Here is my encouragement/motivation for today:

QiDaLMV.jpg
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    pgfxo.jpg
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Here is my encouragement/motivation for today:

QiDaLMV.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My oh my, I am feeling the love, you guys are amazing. I tried 2 new workouts today for the 120 w/o … the biggest loser power walk (4 miles done) and the biggest loser last chance workout with JM. I have a love/hate relationship with JM. It suffices to say that I am having difficulty peeling my clothes off now … need to hit the shower before I stink up the house. :blushing:

I better have lost some weight this week :angry:

Tuesday stats – week 5

#1 WORKOUT – 46 mins (3 mile weight loss walk with LS) / 402 cals ( 1x120 mins still required and 326 calories still to go)
    #2 HIIT – 7 mins done (2 x HIIT’s still to go)
    #4: REPS – zero (All required reps done.)
    #4 Personal Challenge: E M POINTS! – Got off bus 2 bus stops earlier and walked & parked at the furthest point from supermarket and carried the shopping from store to car - 2 pts.
    #6: STRETCHING: 1x5 mins done (3x5 minutes still to go)

Wednesday stats – week 5

#1 WORKOUT – 126 mins (61 mins biggest loser last chance w/o with JM & 65 mins biggest loser power walk) 1480 cals ( All required workouts and calorie burns exceeded)
    #2 HIIT – not to day – dead beat after JM (2 x HIIT’s still to go)
    #4: REPS – zero (All required reps done.)
    #4 Personal Challenge: E M POINTS! – Jumping Jacks while kettle was boiling & rund up and down stairs 5 times just for the hell of it - 2 pts.
    #6: STRETCHING: 1x5 mins done (2x5 minutes still to go)

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE, WHICH REALLY IS JUST MINE ADDED AS ALI IS DOING SUCH A SUPER JOB.
  • fang19423
    Options
    .... And my encouragement for today ....

When you think you can't push any more .... just push for another few seconds and then a few more .... you can do this :flowerforyou:
  • fang19423
    Options
    .... And my encouragement for today ....

When you think you can't push any more .... just push for another few seconds and then a few more .... you can do this :flowerforyou:

I have also decided to add a quote from none other than Winnie the Pooh ...

"You are Braver than you Believe, Smarter than you Seem, and Stronger than you Think.”
  • pamcuster
    Options
    "Fitness is like marriage; you can't cheat on it and expect it to work!"
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Dolphin_rocket_by_Megamothius.jpg
  • fang19423
    Options
    "Fitness is like marriage; you can't cheat on it and expect it to work!"

Love this Pam.

Heather for a former Shark you are being very brave as a Dolphin :laugh: . don't get too comfortable, because the sharks will not retreat :wink:
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Wednesday: (sure beats yesterday!)

workout: 75 minutes with Leslie...442 calories
    HIIT: 8 minutes
    Core reps: 100
    UB reps: 300
    stretch: 5 minutes
    EM: 50 stairs; 25 jumping jacks & 25 plank jacks
  • fang19423