2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I've come here off and on, since I love the way you conduct the 2 week challenges. I disappeared (again) after I ran the Warrior Dash in July because I broke basically every bone, ligament, tendon, etc in my left ankle. Good times. I went to drop into the mud pit under the monkey bars and my left toe caught the edge of the bank and next thing I knew, EVERYONE was staring at me and I had no clue what had happened. :noway:

Anyways, it's been a battle. I had surgery (9 screws and a 7" plate on my fibula), and I've been in physical therapy since September learning how to walk/balance/take stairs again. I went to the gym a little bit when I was non weight bearing and worked upper body. Then I went back to work while I was learning how to walk again and it was ROUGH. I was so exhausted every single day that I could not focus on working out or eating right, so I went on total hiatus for about 6 weeks (shockingly, I only gained 5 pounds. But now, I'm walking un-aided (I wear a brace at work since I'm on my feet all day), I have a limp but hopefully that will go away with time. I've been cleared to do yoga and weight train and ride an exercise bike, and I am not super exhausted at the end of the day anymore so I'm getting back to working out and back to not eating crap. I really, really want to run and do zumba again, so my PT and I are working on that and she thinks that I should be starting that somewhere around the beginning of the year. My Dr. would not make any guarantees on a full recovery due to the amount of damage I incurred, which is a little disheartening but I'm choosing to listen to my therapist, not the surgeon.

So, my 2 week challenge is this:
    1. Lift 2 days this week, 3 days next week.
    2. Go to yoga once a week.
    3. Stay in my calorie limit every day, only allow myself one alcoholic drink per week.

Thanks in advance for letting me back in after my hiatus. :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,951 Member
    Options
    That sounds like QUITE the injury!

Yikes!!

Thank you for convincing me never to do a Warrior Dash, lol....not that I was gonna! But now I have the "you know, this person, during the Warrior Dash, she wrecked her ankle...."
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Last night was a really good 'baptism' into systems! I learned that sooooooooooo much of my after-supper grazing is 100% visual-clue induced, or alternatively, induced by putting my *kitten* on the couch!

Right after supper, and I was full, I brushed my teeth!

I was going to go sit on the couch with my computer, but retreated to my bedroom, instead.

Within 30 minutes, my husband was in my bedroom and my kids had crawled into the bed with me! NOBODY was watching t.v.! (We don't have any tv in our bedrooms....). Everybody was visiting!

It was HILARIOUS!

Anyway, bedtime for kids came, I hopped back into bed with my ipad and then did some reading! ("OXYGEN" magazine is BACK and I read about 1/2 of it).

No munchies struck. Nothing.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    My goodenss Rogie! I am glad you are recovering. What a bummer.

Beeps, sounds like a great night. Good for you for no snacks! I have heard the brushing your teeth trick before....good one!

I ran a little over 2 miles at lunch yesterday. My 50 year old running buddy thought we were going slow (yeah....he's back in the saddle just like that....) and I thought we were going fast. We were going slowish. I think I was still worn out from my 4 miler on Sunday. Tonight is my class. Diet was good yesterday except my probably 200ish calories from Halloween candy. Thankfully, it's almost gone. I was in bed with lights out before 10 last night. I feel great today. I'm going to focus on very good eats the rest of the week and have a little indulging when my parents are here Friday night.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!!

I'm back finally :) We got back from our Honeymoon last week and I was still on vacation mode last week (AKA not ready to restrict myself and start back on a routine quite yet).

I need to go back and read the thread, but SO happy to hear about the babies!!!

I am hoping to get on this afternoon and start thinking about goals and get back into the swing of things - a big ole project just landed in my lap. Hope you all are well, and I can't wait to jump back on the bandwagon. The honeymoon was AMAZING. Couldn't have asked for better weather, and it was just amazing to relax and unplug (literally - had no TV and minimal internet for 2 weeks).

I'll be back on later - excited to be back!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am sure you'll enjoy your parents visit, Better_Balance!

ramalem - honeymoon sounds AMAZING! Yay!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    OK! Had a chance to catch up with the thread, sounds like there is a lot going on - babies, crazy busy schedules and the like. I am so happy to be getting back into a routine! This month is looking busy for me as well, mostly extra-curricular activities such as book clubs and dinners out with friends, so controlling my breakfast/lunch and being mindful of those dinners will be really important. I definitely gained 3-4 lbs on honeymoon :)

I am going to ease into 2 week goals so I don't set myself up for failure. My goal last week was to workout 3 times and I accomplished that, so I think I'll stick with that as one of my goals. I *think* it's TOM - it's my first month off BC, so who knows. It's awful though, I haven't felt this bloated in ages. The gym really isn't appealing to me, but I'm gonna give it a go this afternoon - hopefully it will make me feel better. I am also looking for a new strength training routine. I got really bored with stronglifts and NROL4W is just WAY too long of a program for me. What is everyone else doing these days, anything I haven't thought of?

Anywho - here are my 2 week goals:

1. Workout at least 3 times/week, combo of cardio and strength
    2. 2 liters of water daily
    3. Find a new lifting program
    4. Eat sensibly at meals out
    5. Eat clean and healthy for breakfast and lunch and dinners at home

Hope you all had a great Tuesday!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think "setting things up for SUCCESS!" is kind of my *new* (or *repeat*!!) THEME SONG!

Somebody recommended a "lift" app from itunes, but I couldn't find it....I did download an app that helps track the "good habits" that I am working on - to help build STREAKS - which you all know I respond WELL TO!

So, today, i can start logging and creating STREAKS of the "systems" I am using which will propel me to SUCCESS (over time....nothing *quick* about this....)
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Beeps--I like the new theme song! That "good habits" app sounds like a good one.

Ramalem--welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great honeymoon! For a strength routine I just kind of made one up, but I found it helpful to commit to at least doing a short (15 minutes or so) workout a few times a week. It's hard to make excuses why you can't do just 15 minutes, and a lot of the time I would keep going once I got into it.

Ashley--sounds like a good day!

Rogie--that's awful about your ankle, I'm sorry to hear that! Sounds like you have a good therapist to work with.

That's all I can see/remember right now!

Thinks are going well here. I've been walking a bit every day and it's been getting easier. I'm temped to add a tiny bit of running in but I know I should probably wait. I may try to do a light lifting workout today, my arm's are getting a little restless. My weight has been holding pretty steady at around 4-5 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, which I'm comfortable with, so I'm going to stick with my plan of not logging food for a while but keeping an eye on my weight to make sure it doesn't start creeping up.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I wish I had brought my ipad to work....i want to track all the "good stuff" I did today, lol!! IN REAL TIME!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My habit-tracker is actually pretty boring....so, help me 'spice it up'!

What sorts of "habits" are you trying to build (maybe I can copy?)

Some "habits" might not be daily - they might be weekly, etc. - totally fine!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Quick check in ladies!! This weekend is my ACTUAL bday weekend. One of my besties is in town, we have a party tonight and we go out of town to the P!nk concert tomorrow!

Vegas was awesome! We ate at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant "Burgr" twice because it was so good!, Hash House a Go Go and Munch at Caesar's Palace, but one of the things that saved us is that we shared all of our meals. Such good food!! We did tons of walking in, I stayed well hydrated, and I even did a session of HIIT in the hotel gym, on Sunday. Came home Monday at midnight and by Wed morn, the scale was lower than when I left for Vegas and by this morning even more.

I promise to catch up after the weekend!! Have a great one ladies!!! Oh and yes, I got into the blue dress :happy:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Jen you are awesome! Glad you had a good time. Have fun this weekend!

Beeps, lately I really have been trying to focus on sleep. It's amazing how much better I feel on 9 hours of sleep as opposed to 8. I like to get into bed before 10 and lights out by 10 or 10:30 instead of 11. Last night was not a good night. My BFF came over and we did some serious damage to a box of wine...... And my kiddo was up Wednesday night off and on with a high fever.

Otherwise, my week has been pretty good. I need to lift and run this weekend, but that should be doable. Eating has been pretty good if you don't count my drinks last night and a couple glasses of wine Wednesday.

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    JENOMAHA YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! Blue is an AWESOME colour on you - that dress is MAGNIFIQUE!!

I am going to track sleep....good addition, Better!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Beeps & Better - you are right, sleep is super important for many things, not just weight, you definitely want to make sure you get plenty. I always get at least 8, but I am way happier with 9.

Rogie - that is terrible about your ankle, I hope everything heals properly for you. I have been considering trail running, but so far the fear of injury has been holding me back so that story is not making me feel better, yikes!

Jen - you look awesome & beeps is right about the color blue on you. Have a blast this weekend!

That's all I can see right now & I have to run off to a ballet class. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies just wanted to do a quick check in so you didn't think I've forgotten about all of you :)

I had my baby boy Jackson Kenneth on October 26 8 lbs 21 in. It was a relatively easy labor ( i can say that now that it's over haha) I pushed for an hour and the doc siaid if I wasn't as physically fit and able to push as well as I did I probably would have ended up with a c section because his shoulders were caught on my pelvic bone...so it definitely took some work and my bold pressure kept dropping.

As far as diet and fitness go....I have been eating what I want and not logging. But overall I have been craving and eating relatively healthy foods. I also have been walking whenever I get the chance. I go to the doc on November 25 so once he clears me I think I am going to start a program. I am thinking Jillian's body revolution. The workouts are short so I think it will be doable. I think I might stick with no logging and just listening to my body until I go back to work in January.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    YAHOOOOOOOO, CHloe!! Jackson is my middle son's name! (Jackson Cade, actually...)

He's BEAUTIFUL, Chloe! Big congrats!!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! SOooooo much going on!! Gonna do my best to try and catch up! Thanks for all of the compliments on the dress ladies!! I just love it 

Beeps – First of all, I have to address the numbers thing from a while back. There is no way in heck I would have guessed you
    were those numbers either , so you most certainly were not/are not delusional  But, you have made an amazing transformation and look absolutely, positively fantastic!

Now, regarding your “systems”. It seems like you are all set and on the move with that!! I am excited to see how this progresses you further and the positive effects it will have for you emotionally, physically and just overall! I look forward to hearing about this next chapter for you.

I also like the idea of tracking the “positives”. I will have to look at that for myself. I hope you are able to spice up that app, but as of right now, I have nothing interesting to help you out with that, sorry. Will be watching though to see what you add!

Ris and Chloe – Crongrats again on your beautiful baby boys! Glad to hear you neither one of you are pressuring yourselves back into logging, are listening to your bodies and easing back into everything!! Enjoy those babies and glad to hear you both are doing se well!!

Better – I need to get back to getting at least 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Sometimes the DVR or Pinterest sucks me in into the wee hours of the night :/ Hope your baby is feeling better !!

Rogie – I am so sorry about your injury and the long road you’ve had to recovery. But it sounds like you have made some great progress! I hope you continue to heal quickly and get back to where you want to be!!

Ramalem – Welcome back!! Glad you had a wonderful honeymoon!! Good luck with the goals! Keep us posted on the lifting program you decide on!

Abigail - Hope ballet went well!! Trail running/hiking sounds fun, but I too would be wary about getting injured :ohwell:
    My girlfriends and I went to the P!nk concert last night and can I just say it was THE BEST concert I’ve ever been to. She was absolutely amazing! I mean talk about WOW factor. Beeps – I can’t wait til you see her in January! I was awed and inspired. I laughed and I cried. What an experience!

Ladies, I have been celebrating my big bday for a month now and I am partied out!!! I am so glad tomorrow is my bday and I can be done, lol!! Sheesh it’s been exhausting. I am having sushi with my sis tomorrow and then I am going into social hibernation!!

Ok, that’s all I see. My 2 week goals: nothing new –
    1. Eat as clean as possible
    2. Water up the wazoo
    3. 3 lifts/week (only got 1 in last week due to the schedule)

Cheers to a great week!! :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    It's good to hear from everyone. Seemed like it was a Beeps and Ashley show for a while. :wink:

Jen, I'm glad you've had a nice celebration. I have seen a lot of concerts (I mean probably in the 100's), but have never seen Pink. I love a "life changing" show. My recent was Macklemore at Bonnaroo this year. Simply amazing. I laughed and cried at that one too. You are doing so awesome with everything; I keep seeing you weight ticker go down. Yay for you!

Chloe, I'm glad you checked in! Sounds like you have a great plan and your priorities are straight. Several of my "new Mom friends" I made while pregnant on here did Body Revolution after having their babies. Sounds like a great plan.

Abigail, hope you're having fun with the ballet!

Rogie, sorry about your injury.

Beeps, hope your systems are working out well for you.

Hi to everyone else I missed!

I've been doing OK. I definitely ate more than I should have over the weekend. Too much wine Thursday for sure. Too much cheese and crackers Friday, but didn't have too much wine so that was good. Saturday I did OK with food, but maybe a tad bit too much wine. Yesterday was decent. On the workout front, I walked to lunch Friday, Walked over an hour with Daphne and my Mom Saturday, then walked around later that afternoon with Eric and Daphne. I lifted yesterday and walked about 35 minutes also. So I was just one run short of my goal last week, but did tons of walking so I think it evened out.

This week I need to continue to focus on diet and keep going strong with the workouts. I hope you all have a great week!
  • blcgrace
    blcgrace Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

New here and excited for the support and motivation!

30 y/o female
    sedentary day job
    athletic background
    lift heavy 3-4/week
    low intensity cardio 20-30 minutes/week
    Height: 5'6
    CW: 147
    GW: 135

Goals for next two weeks:

1. Log in daily
    2. Food: 1400 max cals/day (heavy protein, lower carb)
    3. Minimum 3 heavy weights/week (optimum 4x)
    4. 2 HIT sessions/week (no more than 30 minutes)
    5. As much water as I can get in without spending my day in the bathroom