2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    You *are* very social, Better!! Nice! I sort of remember being like that....but, somehow, I'm moving into a "hermit" phase and I just wish everybody would leave me alone!!

I *did* get my work-out in, today.....it was SO hard. I could feel that lactic acid building up by about 1/3 of the way through my work-out. Ugh. But, I'll sleep WAY better tonight and hopefully will kick-start a good weekend and a "normal" week coming up.

I just can't do 6-days-per-week working out. Cannot. The end.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

BLC-welcome! This group is awesome. I've come and gone throughout the year, for one reason or another and they always are supportive and welcoming.

Amy--so sorry to hear about your dad. I can't even imagine what you're going through, but it must be a little relief to know he's not suffering anymore. :(

Beeps--I love the tip about brushing your teeth after dinner! Snacking after dinner is a problem for me (especially around TOM), so I will give that a shot and see if it helps!

I cannot remember who was asking about recommending weight training workouts, but I also love NROL4W. I was getting real results from it before I crashed and burned at the Warrior Dash. I plan on restarting it once I get my legs back up to full strength again. :)

I did pretty good with my challenges, I got 3 workouts in last week and this week. I was trying for a 4th this week but had too many other things come up, but I'll take 3. I did fair with my diet, my macros were right on and didn't go over on net calories for either week. I did fall face first into some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies at a work meeting last night though, so the cookies won that battle. I was aiming to limit alcohol intake to one night a week but I had a bonus wine night last Friday:drinker: . At least I held it to one glass and kept it within my calories for the day.

Saw my doctor on Monday and my ankle is healing pretty good, also did a progress report in physical therapy. I'm getting lots of pain down the lateral part of my ankle (fibula), but that appears to be from tissue irritation because of all the hardware. With the cold and wet weather it's stiff and sore all the time, which they said may or may not get better from here. Hopefully it gets better. The good news is the bones are healing good and my range of motion is way better than it was and is closer to normal. I'm probably about 80% healed now, but to get to 100% may take another 6-8 months. So I'm trying to be patient.

For the following 2 weeks I'd like to:
    1. Increase my distance on the stationary bike to 2 miles (I loathe being stuck on a bike, FYI. But I'm not ready to try the elliptical trainer to get any cardio so I guess that's where I'm at)
    2. weight train 3 times a week.
    3. limit alcohol to once a week.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry I have to keep having quick check ins :/ I am so busy with starting new classes and new instructors at Diventures and now I am partnering in a Zumba fundraiser for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan…it seems to be neverending. All is status quo here.

Blcgrace - welcome to the grup! These ladies are wonderful!

Better – I’m drinking wine as I write this  You are our little social butterfly and I love your attitude/philosophy about food/wine . Unfortunately though, I am a snacky drunk :/ lol! Enjoy yur company and the weekend!

Ramalem – Good luck with NROLW…I really enjoyed that program!

Amy – I wrote you a pm <3

Shannon - I remember about the dress now that you mentioned it  There are so many programs oiut there, I’m looking for a new one myself. I am surprised at how much success I had with Stronglifts and only lifting for 20-30 min at a time.

Beeps – I am glad to hear your systems are working. Great streaks!! So was your birthday yesterday?!?!? Now I’m confused, when is your birthday?! Awesome about your great workout ;)

Abigail – Hope the talent show went well!! Sorry the schedule is cutting into your workout time. Hope next week is better!

Rogie – Great news on your progress. I’m sure it’s hard to be patient getting to 100%, but you’ll get there. Excellent goals!

Enoy your weekend, ladies!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back!?

How are you all!? Can I get little updates from everyone? I'm not sure how much I'll be posting but I decided I wanted to get back into logging to work on my nutrition which has naturally and expectedly taken a dive during what will be on of the more stressful periods of my life. I'm in a pretty good place but want to tune up and so here I am!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    There's BABIES around here, chuisle!! So, fill us in on your new adventures!!

My birthday was early November....but, it takes a LOT of planning to get certain peeps together, lol!!

A good solid fast, today. Am continuing to work on "systems". Will permit one "cheat" day, being Saturday....all other days are "on plan" and NO excuses.

Will lift only M/W/F. I realize that as SOON as I put MORE pressure on myself to work out more and more and MORE, that's when I just get hungry and hungrier and hungrier.....so, that's NO good.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the "Drop 2 Sizes" (D2S) to my ipad and I plan to follow it for many weeks. It seems reasonable-4 workouts per week. I washed up my sports bras so I should be set. It allows 3 cheat meals per week, but I am not going to be so strict about food right now, but I will try to log and see what I can do.
    This week, in addition to logging and working out as per D2S, I will try to drink enough water, 64 oz per day.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Quick check in this morning. Well, my weekend was pretty bad. On the eating front, not absolutely terrible; could have been worse. I even went for a run with my friends Saturday (we did stop for a beer on the way home), and we walked to the coffee shop Saturday. But I darnk WAY too much! I feel like a puffy mess this morning. I also was up till abot 1 each night so am pretty much exhausted. I got 9 hours of sleep last night and could have used more. Oh well....moving on. I think in my mind I know (hope) to soon get pregnant, so I keep conducting these last hoorahs. Also given my husband's issues with his liver enzymes (elevated again at a recent blood test), we really do need to tone down the partying. Beeps, I'd like to become more hemit-ish and learn to actually say no to people and be content to not always have something going on. In time I guess. This week I plan on drying out for a few days. I always do well on my workouts early in the week with my lunch run, Tuesday class, and day off work, so I've got a few days ahead of me. I'm fasting till lunch today and plan on eating well this week. Which means I have to grocery shop right after work today and meal plan at some point at work today.

Kate, glad to see you back! Sounds like everyone else have good game plans. Have a great week ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    asjerven - how long is each work-out? What sorts of calorie-deficit does it create (i.e. 300 cals less per day, or what?) Are there certain foods to be avoided?? Sounds very INTERESTING!

Better - ahhhhhh, the "last hurrah"!! Well, that kind of says it all right there.....you're about to pack on pounds with a pregnancy, so I totally get that it's easier to let some things fly. Totally get it - I wouldn't beat yourself up about it!

I'm doing some low-calorie days this week....really going to accept the hunger part, shrink the tummy down, so that then, over the next weeks/months, I can just remain in a "slight" deficit. Although it is "low-calorie", for me, it really is about low-carbing it for awhile.....once I'm off starchy carbs/bad carbs for 3- or 5- days, they lose all pleasure for me and I'm on day 2 of THAT cycle.

I really want to be at 145 lbs by end of 2013. And then, yep I want to be at 135 lbs by end of 2014. So, the next 6 weeks will be a bit of a struggle, because I need to drop 3 lbs in 6 weeks. But, after that, I'm only having to drop 1 lb per MONTH, and that is pretty doable!

Nobody in "real life" will notice this scale drop - but I WANT it and I'm keeping my "systems" theory going so that I GET IT!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    oops, don't know what happened!
  • shander7
    Options
    Hey everyone! Quick check in today! Thanks for all the advice, I will try to get the NR4LW(is that right?) but I don't know if it's in the budget for now! (stupid home expenses that were not foreseen!) I will try to just do a couple strength training things, not sure what yet, in the meantime! I have a tough couple of weeks coming up for eating, I need to get a couple low calorie days in this week and next week to prepare... I had a "friends Thanksgiving" this past Friday, then will have a work "Thanksgiving" this Thursday, then regular Thanksgiving next week and my family's "Thanksgiving" next Saturday since my dad is working on the actual day..... that means a lot of high cal foods! I need to remember to make good decisions and load up on salad and veggies... I'm going to try and work out mon, tues, wed this week and hopefully get a day in during the weekend. I'm trying not to stress eat or drink like I can tend to do, but it's difficult. We have so many unforeseen bills (including new garage doors since bf broke one this weekend) and the holidays coming up that I am feeling very overwhelmed! Hopefully working out and taking "me" time (during the workout) will help de-stress a bit. I would really like to drop ~5lbs by my sister's wedding Feb. 1, so hopefully I can get on track and stop over thinking things I cannot change!! Sorry for the rant! Have a great Monday
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, Beeps, I have to confess I hate e-books! as far as I can tell there is no talk of calories! There is a meal plan for everyday, grocery list. Encourages water and a few supplements-the usual vit D, omega 3s. The 3 cheats can be when you want, presumably anything outside the plan.
    From other reviewers, the workouts are about 40 mins and that's with a warm up. They are mostly body weight and someone did say they miss the focus on lifting heavy. There is a focus more on stability and mobility on this one.
    I just wanted to try something that I could do at home. I have let all my gym memberships expire so I want to wait til January-just the work gym, though, it doesn't get crazy Jan. 1!
    Shan, I know what you mean about unexpected housing expenses-Mike borrowed his friends truck to bring back stuff from my dad's and he backed into my Escape with his friend's truck! $3000 damage to his friends about $1500 to mine. I hate to claim it on insurance because we would have to pay the deductible twice! I know he felt terrible about it. Adds stress to stress...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women might be $18 soft-copy....it isn't that expensive!

Alternatively, shander - I can send you all the spreadsheets I have of the work-outs in NROL4W....it just won't have the 'visuals' that you might need! Still, you can go on youtube.com and look up every single exercise and watch a little video!

Let me know!

Asjerven - there's nothing wrong with "bodyweight exercises". I really wish I could throw in a TRX work-out 1 x per week....but, somehow, I just never do.

My glutes are ON FIRE. Today was certainly "glute day"!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I may have you send me the NROL spreadsheets at some point. I don't think I want to start a new program just yet, but eventually I think I'd like to try NROL.

I ran today. Only 2 miles, but it made me feel so much better. Unfortunately our mellow night at home will not be so anymore. Eric's brother is in from SF for longer than we knew, and all the brothers (4 of them) and his parents want to get together. So it looks like I'll have people at my house shortly after I return home. Oh well....I'll do that best I can tonight in regards to food and drink. We only see this brother and his GF once a year. At least I got my workout in and had a healthy lunch.

I need to work on my PT this week too. My legs/butt is bothering me again. Time to go!
  • shander7
    Options
    Beeps, if you could send me those I would truly appreciate it. I'm trying not to spend any money with the holidays coming up, I might ask for it for Christmas though from my bf! If you could sent them to me in the mean time I would be extremely grateful!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    alright, I don't mind sending them - what email addy do you want me to use??

(Also, these are all excel spreadsheets - I'm too lazy to "zero" out my numbers that are in there - you can do that on your end....)
  • shander7
    Options
    I just PM'd you beeps! Thank you so much, you are definitely the best!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Done!
  • shander7
    Options
    Got them!! Thank you :):):)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - just checking in. Had a pretty good weekend and didn't overdo it too much, but didn't log either. I'm just finding it such a struggle to log and I'm not totally sure why. I've been sticking with my lifting 3x/week and 1-2 days/week of cardio but really need to focus on eating better. I've been feeling super puffy lately, might be time to do a gluten reset (I'm not celiac by any means, but definitely notice a difference when I cut gluten our entirely). My weight has definitely creeped up a few pounds since I started lifting, but that usually happens to me, doesn't make it any easier to see on the scale though.

I am headed to Montana this weekend for the MSU vs. UM football game/hang out with the husbands sister and dad. Should be an awesome weekend, but I also imagine my eating and drinking won't be all the great. I'm hoping my hotel has a gym I can get to at least one day. Hopefully I'll burn some cals just trying to stay warm as the highs are only in the high 20's there, brrrr.

Better- I hear you on the "last hurrah" thing. I am too hoping to be pregnant soon, and have decided I need those last hurrahs with everything from sushi to goat cheese and cured meats to booze. Sigh... gotta get outta that mentality :)

Welcome back Chuisle!

Amy- Interested to hear how this program works for you. I really like body weight stuff bc it means I can workout at home, on the other hand, I do enjoy a good lifting session. Good luck, and sorry to hear about your car stuff.

Beeps - Happy belated birthday. 1 lb/ month is totally do able and over time it will be totally noticeable

Rogie - Great goals. It is SO hard to be patient when you are waiting for an injury to heal.

Jen - so awesome of you to work on a fundraiser - even when you are already so busy!

Shander - You will really like NROL4W - I'm getting back into it and LOVING it.

OK that's all I can see/remember :)

My Goals for the next two weeks:
    1. Keep up with my lifting 3x/week + 1-2 days cardio/week (with the exception of this week when I'll miss one lifting day - I plan on making it up next week)
    2. Water Water Water and more Water
    3. LOG
    4. Cut back on gluten
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi ramalem!

I feel like the "old grandma" around this board....

All you peeps having babies. All you peeps THINKING about having babies!

Those days are L-O-N-G behind me! Even when they were "upon" me, I don't think I ever, consciously, was doing "last hurrahs", lol!!

Mind you, after baby #1, I could fit back into my old jeans when he was 3 weeks old....so, I guess I never thought about "post-pregnancy" that much. By baby #3, I was thinking about it, though!! The weight SURELY did not melt off that time - I was nearing mid-30's and all sorts of stuff got H-A-R-D, really fast.

What's gonna happen 1 year from now when I have NO more weight to lose?????? Do I just QUIT the "last 10 lbs" club?!?!?!?!?!?