Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i dont get the idea of running groups. i like running on my own. hell, i like doing all my workouts on my own.

i have a house full of people and i like the solidarity of getting out there.

hell, the other night at swimming on of the other swimmers asked how i was going, while i appreciated it (as she said she could see the improvement) all i could think about was starting my next length.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of running groups - like having some camaraderie on race day - but for day to day stuff, I'd really rather just grab my dog, my headphones, and my sneakers and do my own thing.

And don't even think of talking to me when I'm in a bathing suit! :laugh:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    smashed w6d1 tonight, intervals as follows

WU 452 metres pace: 11:03min/km
    1 812 metres pace: 6:09min/km
    1R 316 metres pace: 9:29min/km
    2 1.29 km pace: 6:12min/km
    2R 311 metres pace: 9:38min/km
    3 828 metres pace: 6:02min/km
    CD 517 metres pace: 9:39min/km
  • carolina822
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 down. Boo yah. I even ran it on the hills in my neighborhood (which, if I time it right with my walk breaks really aren't that bad I am realizing) and I feel like I killed it.

I know I keep saying this, but I truly cannot get over how doable this program is. It's not easy, but I truly though running was something I just could not do, and I was wrong.
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know I keep saying this, but I truly cannot get over how doable this program is. It's not easy, but I truly though running was something I just could not do, and I was wrong.

Yes, EXACTLY. I was thinking the same thing last night as I completed Week 7. It's definitely not easy but I've tried to run before, I've even completed a 5K before (walked the majority of it), and had convinced myself that running just wasn't something I was capable of. To be able to run this program has been so amazing and exciting to me.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    I plan on graduating tonight if the weather permits it :) doing a 10 km fun run but I'll walk the second half.
  • carolina822
    Options
    Finished week 6 in the rain. Boom.

So no more walk breaks from here on out. Yikes.
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Good luck! I am terrified of saying goodbye to walk breaks, but today was only W2D1 for me, so I've still got lots of walking ahead of me. Hard to believe that I'm just 5 weeks away from straight running.
  • carolina822
    Options

Good luck! I am terrified of saying goodbye to walk breaks, but today was only W2D1 for me, so I've still got lots of walking ahead of me. Hard to believe that I'm just 5 weeks away from straight running.

It gets better, it really does. At some point today I realized I wasn't counting the seconds until I could stop, I just was running.

You can do it!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Well I completed another 5k this weekend without walking:happy: Which was pretty huge for me considering how much pain I've been in and my lack of training. My hubby & I ran the Jingle Bell 5k this weekend for our Anniversary....It made me feel WAY less guilty about dinner at the Melting Pot:laugh:

So I would love some opinions.....Over a month ago I started having a lot of pain in my arm. I went to my husbands Chiropractor (I'd never been to one before) and it was a pinched nerve in my neck causing the pain. The same night I saw the Chiro my arm pain was gone. However since he saw my neck was out of alignment in the x-rays I kept going. I've had low back problems since I was a kid so I figured while I was there I'd have him check it out. Last week the adjustment on my hips/back sent me into pain for a week and I wasn't sure I'd be able to run this weekend let alone finish (That's why I'm so proud of my no walking 5k!). Anybody go to a Chiropractor...for instant pain relief or do you go through the whole treatment? Was it worse before it was better? Thanks!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options

Yes, EXACTLY. I was thinking the same thing last night as I completed Week 7. It's definitely not easy but I've tried to run before, I've even completed a 5K before (walked the majority of it), and had convinced myself that running just wasn't something I was capable of. To be able to run this program has been so amazing and exciting to me.

SO TRUE!:flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    W2D2 done, and it seems that on the "running" portion of the workout, I'm actually more like shuffling, trying not to let that get to me.

My favorite meme says "I run. I run slower than a herd of turtles through peanut butter but I'm a runner!" Don't let your speed get to you! My husband finished the 5k this weekend 10 minutes before me.....but I finished and I didn't walk..that's my victory. I like running because your only competition is yourself. If each time you run you get faster or go further you've won!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    new to the thread and group! :)

I've almost completed C25K a few years ago, I got up to running between 20 - 23 mins straight (week 6-7-ish?). Back then I was more active before I started the program and found it progressed very nicely - surprised how my body transitioned from week to week!

Fast forward a few years to now -- starting from scratch and my highest weight I am finding the program a bit more challenging than round one. Still finding progression of course but not as smooth, I am having to really push myself out of my comfort zone and wanting to stop. Opposite of that, I am finding my general day to day walking around is quicker and lighter!

I read the tips thread a few minutes ago and loved it - I have a feeling I may be recycling my current week (week 3).

I did Week 3, Day 1 tonight and didn't follow program completely. I stopped just over midway through the first 3 mins, I was surprised at my reaction which was disappointment and being annoyed with myself. I almost ditched training day for the elliptical thinking I'd start fresh the next day but since it was gym prime time I had to stay on the treadmill. I talked myself into restarting where I left off and completed the day! Felt good to push myself, I know it was all mostly in my mind.

Glad I joined the group! Looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses and learning from you all!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I finished week 4 today! I got about halfway through it, dropped my phone, and had to restart the phone. I ended up doing the entire run over again! I surprised myself at being able to run that much.

I'm nervous about the 20 minute run at the end of week 5.. I have NEVER ran that long without taking a few breaks to walk!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I finished week 4 today! I got about halfway through it, dropped my phone, and had to restart the phone. I ended up doing the entire run over again! I surprised myself at being able to run that much.

I'm nervous about the 20 minute run at the end of week 5.. I have NEVER ran that long without taking a few breaks to walk!

Great job on restarting and doing extra running! Do you run outside or in?
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Starting W2 again tonight. I sailed through W1 and W2D1, but then got sick with a nasty cold/cough last week and was not up for running and did not finish W2.

It's funny how quickly this gets under your skin and becomes something you want to do! I was so aggravated being sick, knowing I wasn't getting my walks/runs in.
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do Week 8, Day 2 yesterday but a tough day combined with a worse headache kept me at home. I felt really bad about myself for missing a run (my first so far and this is the last week!) but then I went to boot camp this morning and we had to run nearly two miles while carrying weights and I was SO grateful I skipped last night. My body warmed right up and I was able to keep up with the more fit women in the class. I felt great and it's all thanks to this program. Looking forward to my next run tomorrow evening.
  • carolina822
    Options
    I took an extra rest day yesterday because I had a horrible headache and decided today would be my last run before my 5k on Saturday (tapering - lol). I did the 25 minute run for week 7, walked five minutes, then figured I'd run a little more just to get up to 3.1 miles actually running and I ended up running another 25 minutes. I can't believe I just did that! Got in 4 miles in a little over an hour with only ten minutes of walk time.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do W1D2 today but my phone died and I did my own workout.. I ended up running for 8 min, walking 2 min and running 10 min. I already know I can run for 30 min ( I did it last week and in 4 days, I went from running .8 of a mile, 1.6 miles and then 2 miles in 30 min) So, yes I run slow.
    I decided that going to skip ahead a few weeks since I know my body can handle it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • carolina822
    Options
    OK, I'll admit to what kept me going today - there was this chick who passed me who looked like a real runner. But she wasn't running THAT much faster than me, so while I wasn't trying to keep up with her, I was sure as hell going to run as far as she did. And I did. Le boom.

I'm so stoked for my 5k on Saturday. I'm going to run the whole damn thing - mark my words.