JMBR start 9/30/13

Replies

• ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    I finished! Will share final results after my rest day because the scale as not moved since my last weigh in.

I am going to miss Jillian (crazy huh) over the next few weeks but I am going to give my body a break from all the damn plyo every day for the last 5 weeks. I may throw in a 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 every once in awhile but now I wonder if those will be much of a challenge.

Congratulations! I'm excited to see your results! You must be so proud to have made it through :)
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Last cardio 2 is scheduled for today and then on to Phase 3 tomorrow. EEEK!
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Last cardio 2 is scheduled for today and then on to Phase 3 tomorrow. EEEK!

Congrats on the completing the first two phases and good luck with three!
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Hey everyone! I just went through all the posts...you guys are doing so well...I wish I was still doing the program :sad:

A little update...I never went to my rheumatologist because I just knew that wasn't the problem. I have an appointment on Tuesday with an orthopedic.

Quick question...has anyone ever use a knee brace before? Did it help and what kind did you use? Just a simple one, I don't need anything fancy.

My knees still aren't doing so great, a little better but not healing fast enough for me. I've been missing Zumba classes and I probably should just go and modify like I did--but when I know the moves and dances I don't like modifying :grumble: Something is better than nothing though--I also miss doing Jillian Michael's so I'm very curious what the orthopedic has to say on Tuesday.

I'm so sorry about your knees. It's frustrating, isn't it? You can get a knee band and use heath gel. It will keep your muscles and joints warmer in that area, so less prone to overstraining. Good luck.
  • ktno1
    Just smashed my last workout 7 and followed it up with cardio 2 (trying to catch up a few days). I am exhausted but feel like an absolute champion!

Also had a great moment today. My acid wash jeans (which are my dream goal jeans, I was really happy with my body when I could fit into them) can now get over my thighs and my butt and (albeit with a fair amount of muffin top) I can do up both the zip and the button! I could also zip up my dream goal dress today. Before starting JMBR I couldn't even get these clothes on my body let alone do them up. I know it won't be too much longer until they're fitting comfortably. So exciting! :)

I have 2 workouts left of phase 2 and then it's on to the utter insanity that calls itself "phase 3". Eeeek!

How are we all going? Let's get it done ladies!
  • ktno1
    Hey everyone! I just went through all the posts...you guys are doing so well...I wish I was still doing the program :sad:

A little update...I never went to my rheumatologist because I just knew that wasn't the problem. I have an appointment on Tuesday with an orthopedic.

Quick question...has anyone ever use a knee brace before? Did it help and what kind did you use? Just a simple one, I don't need anything fancy.

My knees still aren't doing so great, a little better but not healing fast enough for me. I've been missing Zumba classes and I probably should just go and modify like I did--but when I know the moves and dances I don't like modifying :grumble: Something is better than nothing though--I also miss doing Jillian Michael's so I'm very curious what the orthopedic has to say on Tuesday.

I'm so sorry about your knees. It's frustrating, isn't it? You can get a knee band and use heath gel. It will keep your muscles and joints warmer in that area, so less prone to overstraining. Good luck.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is a knee band/what does it look like and where can I get one?
  • ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Just smashed my last workout 7 and followed it up with cardio 2 (trying to catch up a few days). I am exhausted but feel like an absolute champion!

Also had a great moment today. My acid wash jeans (which are my dream goal jeans, I was really happy with my body when I could fit into them) can now get over my thighs and my butt and (albeit with a fair amount of muffin top) I can do up both the zip and the button! I could also zip up my dream goal dress today. Before starting JMBR I couldn't even get these clothes on my body let alone do them up. I know it won't be too much longer until they're fitting comfortably. So exciting! :)

I have 2 workouts left of phase 2 and then it's on to the utter insanity that calls itself "phase 3". Eeeek!

Awesome!!!
  • ngraysmith
    Finally started Phase 2 today! My arms and legs were shaking. And I still can't do a military push up, but I made it through!
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is a knee band/what does it look like and where can I get one?

Not dumb at all. I live in UK and they do here knee bands (along with ankle, wrist or elbow bands). It's like a thick elasticated band, and goes with sizes. I guess it's like something you use under mentioned braces. Check this one out :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-Support-Bandage-Athlete-Protection/dp/B00GOJ5ZUG/ref=sr_1_26?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1385492888&sr=1-26&keywords=knee+band

I also have only one set of workouts 7&8 left and phase 3 here I come:glasses: After todays W8 I had a go with one circuit of cardio 3...OMG:sick:
  • ktno1

Not dumb at all. I live in UK and they do here knee bands (along with ankle, wrist or elbow bands). It's like a thick elasticated band, and goes with sizes. I guess it's like something you use under mentioned braces. Check this one out :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-Support-Bandage-Athlete-Protection/dp/B00GOJ5ZUG/ref=sr_1_26?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1385492888&sr=1-26&keywords=knee+band

I also have only one set of workouts 7&8 left and phase 3 here I come:glasses: After todays W8 I had a go with one circuit of cardio 3...OMG:sick:

Thank you, I think I might pick one of these up.

I'm so scared for cardio 3. I'm going to pass out for sure!
  • ktno1
    Finally started Phase 2 today! My arms and legs were shaking. And I still can't do a military push up, but I made it through!

Well done! I'm starting phase 3 tomorrow and STILL can't do a military push-up, but I'm still modifying and getting through the workouts. Hopefully I'll be able to do ONE by the end of the program.

Congratulations on your progress - keep it up! :)
  • ktno1
    Didn't get cardio 2 done after my last workout 8, I was just too tired, and really didn't feel like doing that stupid cardio DVD two days in a row. So I will do it tomorrow with workout 9 or maybe just by itself and put off workout 9 for another day :laugh:
  • ktno1
    Even though I still have a cardio 2 left, I figured I would post my phase 2 results since today was weigh-in day and I should have finished phase 2 today (I'm a day behind).

So here it is:

Weight lost: 3.9 kg/8.5 lbs (total 8.2 kg/18 lbs)
    Waist: lost 1.5" (total 3")
    Hips: lost 1" (total 2.5")
    Neck: lost 0.25" (total 1.25")

They're not quite as good as my phase 1 results, but I guess that's to be expected. The weight came off ridiculously quickly in the first few weeks of phase 1. Still I'm pretty happy and excited to see what phase 3 brings! :)

(Edited because I can't spell.)
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Even though I still have a cardio 2 left, I figured I would post my phase 2 results since today was weigh-in day and I should have finished phase 2 today (I'm a day behind).

So here it is:

They're not quite as good as my phase 1 results, but I guess that's to be expected. The weight came off ridiculously quickly in the first few weeks of phase 1. Still I'm pretty happy and excited to see what phase 3 brings! :)

Wow! :happy: You are doing really well, you should be really pleased with you're progress. Good luck starting Phase 3,only a few weeks to go now and you'll be on to the next thing (T25 hopefully) :tongue:
  • ngraysmith

So here it is:

I agree - you are doing fabulous! Can't wait to hear your review of Workout 9 ;)
  • ngraysmith

Well done! I'm starting phase 3 tomorrow and STILL can't do a military push-up, but I'm still modifying and getting through the workouts. Hopefully I'll be able to do ONE by the end of the program.

Congratulations on your progress - keep it up! :)

Well, that makes me feel better! I soooo want to be able to do a military push up by the New Year! I think I am going to start trying to do them every single day. Fun times!
  • Claude1985
    Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!
    I'm also starting phase 3 next week! I had to take last week off since me and my boy we were both sick.
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member

So here it is:

Those are fantastic results!
  • ktno1
    Thanks everyone :)

I fear workout 9 may be the death of me. I'll check in after I've suffered through it if I'm still amongst the living :P
  • ngraysmith
    Did Cardio 2 today. I liked it so much more than Cardio 1! Perhaps because the exercises are only 30 seconds?