2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yes Beeps....you look fantastic as always. Congrats on the hockey! That is one of the few sports my husband does not watch.

Shander, I partied hard weekend before last, like a 3 day binger, and it took me ALL of last week to recover. So hangovers will just keep getting harder! :drinker: Sounds like you have a good plan for food and workouts.

I am feeling great today despite not getting enough sleep last night. I was up till 11 waiting on laundry to dry so I could fold it. Then Daphne woke at 5:45, briefly, but I never went back to sleep. Instead of running during lunch yesterday I went down to the office gym and just did a random 30ish minute workout. I did a couple rounds of HIIT, then did some weights, including clean and press which I never do since my ceilings aren't tall enough, then some abs and quad rollouts on the ball and stretching. I am good and sore today. Tonight is my class. Then I have to hurry home, finish laundry, get packed and get to bed at a reasonable hour so we can hit the road bright and early! I'm looking forward to 6 days off! Have a great holiday for those of you celebrating!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    lol @ Better - Grey Cup is football!! lol....still, we watch hockey, too. Just not our home team (who totally SUCK!) - just my daughter's team.

shander - eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks at all the holiday stuff coming up! Shopping at 7 am = no bueno for me! Maybe I'll give online a whirl.

I hope all of you american girls have a super-duper holiday time!
  • blcgrace
    blcgrace Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say hi gals!

Be back later for more.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Yes, nice pic, Beeps, your arms look great!
    The Broncos are pretty good this year but everyone is upset about the Sunday game-they had a 24-point lead over the Patriots and lost in overtime so it was disappointing (to some people like my husband:sad: )

I didn't drink last night but I did have popcorn and second helping on my breakfast tacos... But I worked out!

And the hangovers do get worse, Shan! I hate that...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My husband is a Seahawks fan and my middle son is a Ravens fan....it all hurts my head so very much!

I just ate WAY TOO MUCH at a much-belated birthday lunch (dim sum - YUM!) with my gf....gosh how I wish I could nap right now! and how I wish I would stay FULL until Friday morning, lol!! Likely, not...
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

Beeps - Popping shoulders, such definition, love it! Looking fantastic, my dear!

Amy - So sorry about the game, we are Pats fans, so we had a happy house ;)

Better - Have a great Thanksgiving and good luck with your race!

That's all I can see!

I ended up going to the chiro 3 times. It's definitely better, but I'm still only about 85% I still haven't lifted weights and I'm still not teaching all out. I guess just more time. My eating has been fine and some of my jeans are actually loose. Not sure what that's about.

We such amazing success with the fundraiser! We raised over $3600!!! I am astounded because we only threw it together from start to finish in 2 weeks! We have an amazing community here. It was a very emotional event :)

All of you celebrating Turkey Day, enjoy! And those of you braving Black Friday, good luck!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    wanted to share this, I like the perspective:
    http://www.precisionnutrition.com/food-is-not-fuel

on why food isn't fuel and you're not a ferrari:wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jenomaha - that sucks that you aren't back at 100%....but, you are making your way BACK to 100% (85% is NEARLY there!). I thought you quit your "job" to do some full-time personal training, etc....how is that going?? Can you still do THAT when you are injured??

I'm going to read Amy's article, now....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, I think that article confused me more than I already was....
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just doing a mid-week check in!

Jen - good for you for staying so dedicated. You're so close :)

Beeps - You're husband is a good man, GO HAWKS!

Amy - Just opened the article. I've been seeing it around the internet the past few days.

That's pretty much all I can see. I've had a pretty good week so far, managed to go out to dinner last night and not totally ruin my night. My one beer did put me over my calories, but I worked out pretty hard yesterday so I don't feel too bad. Starting tonight (Traditional Thanksgiving Eve friend get together) I don't really plan on being super diligent about my eating, but plan to workout today and tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a lovely T-Day (that is celebrating!)
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yes, the beer probably helped, ram, I read that it replenishes better than water after working out but I don't know if that's because of the carbs, carbonation or what...

Have a wonderful TG to all those here in the States!

I plan to have a nice 4-day weekend, working out, eating and drinking and not getting too worried about it:drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    A very happy Thanksgiving to all of my American mfp-pals!

:)
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone (in America) had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. I ran a 5K with my sister and some friends in the morning. It was wicked cold and I have not run in over a year, but I managed to finish the race in just over 30 minutes. Although it was not my best time I actually came in ahead of the other four so I was happy, however today I am crazy sore. I will have to deal with it since I will be doing a lot of walking today. I am headed to the Olde Port in Portland, ME to do some shopping and have dinner at a floating restaurant on the water. I can't wait!

Jen - glad to hear you are starting to do better

Beeps - great pic, you have such awesome arms

Amy - I will have to check out that article, enjoy the long weekend

Ram - that's a good idea to just enjoy what you eat and make sure you work out

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    A restaurant on water!! Abigail - that sounds soooooooooooo lovely - HOW FUN!

Today, I lift.

Weekend weather is supposed to be not too bad, so that's a good thing. We have a movie/pizza family night at my daughter's school tonight - we're watching 'Monsters Univeristy' which I haven't seen (but I do want to see it!) - tomorrow is schedule cardio plus son's basketball game.

Sunday I plan on being a vegetable. Computer + couch = my rest day!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yay, Ramalem and Beep's husband are Seahawks fans like me!!!!:drinker:

Hope you all had a good thanksgiving, mine was bittersweet. We spent it with my husbands family, which we didn't think we were going to be able to do, so it was great that we got to see them, but the only reason we were able to pull it off was because his dad was diagnosed with stage 4 oral cancer last week. So, we pulled strings to get some time off to visit with the family and figure out a treatment plan.

Aaaaand because of that I did really good with my fitness and diet goals for last week, until we got the news and then everything went to *kitten*. :/ I did fit in 3 workouts last week, I'm not going to get any this week since we were traveling. I've been doing some stress eating too, and trying to log it and feeling guilty got to be too much so I gave up on logging this week. It's my birthday today also, so between travel, stress, Thanksgiving and birthday celebrations, I had to toss logging out the window. It's saving my sanity. I'll get back to it next week.

The next month will be trying since my FIL is having major jaw surgery soon (date TBD), and we will be in Portland helping out the family when that happens. I'm just going to be flexible and eat clean and log and workout when I'm home, and try to be mindful when we're on the road. It's hard to workout on the road when the only working out I can do is lifting weights, but I'm going to see if I can progress to walking as a workout now so I can at least get some walks in while we're gone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk at a stage 4 oral cancer diagnosis....bad, bad news. I hope his surgery goes well and that he recovers quickly. I think it was a good idea to spend some time with him, anyway.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm getting December *planning* underway so that I can spend the month just tracking the "inputs".

1. have raised my calories! Yay! Only 50 more, per day, but that should permit me to live within my calorie-budget without too much froo-froo.

2. 3 x weight-lifting per week. This week, I have to start off with an in-office cardio-weight-ball workout since the roads are terrible during this winter storm.

3. No late-night-snacking. This is becoming easier so long as I brush my teeth right after dinner!

4. Be in bed by 10 pm. I was doing super-well on this, but fell off it most of this weekend. I'm actually feeling REALLY tired, and likely this is why.

5. Low-carb this week. I actually changed my macros to increase my fats and decrease my carbs. I *do* end up feeling WAY better when I just take a breather from carbs!

The end.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in:

Did some major damage this weekend with eating :grumble: On total cleanse and detox for next 3 days.
    Still not lifting, neck/arm flared up again :angry:
    My husband's grandmother who I've known since I was 16, has a slow brain bleed and has hours to live, we will probably have to fly out to Florida this weekend for the funeral :*(

Sorry I can't comment right now ,ladies, just kind of a rough day. I'll try to come back and read through your posts later.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jenomaha - that is sad news about your husband's grandmother....my condolences.

I have to go get changed into my gym gear and all things are SCREAMING at me NOT to, which is just dumb. So, here I go....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did my ugifit.com workout yesterday! Yep, I did it....and, feel nicely sore this morning.

Since I'm going to be snowed in, today again, I decided to bring back my work-out gear and will see if, come 5:00, I can put on my gym-gear and give ugifit.com another "go"!

I don't want to interfere with my weight-lifting days (which is 100% in my control), but if I can throw in a ugifit.com work-out here and there, that might help me, overall, with stress reduction, with sleep....so long as it doesn't increase my hunger (and therefore my calories!), this could be a fun way to move through the winter-doldrums....