2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,991 Member
    Options
    kclynch - stop your upper body work until you can be seen by a physical therapist. Please. You need some professional help (to make sure you don't injure yourself, or injure yourself FURTHER.)

I AM EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT, TODAY.

I am RUINING my photos/measurements tomorrow.

WTF IS WRONG WITH ME?????????????????
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have to second Beeps, Kelly, I don't know what is wrong with your shoulder or what kind of actions aggravate it, but you should have a PT take a look. I had a problem with impingement, the nerve thatgoes from shoulder down arm would get pinch in my shoulder, especially on dips and over head presses, but my PT friend said I should really focus on pinning my shoulder blades together for those exercises and it's really helped. I haven't had any problems since last year.

So I am just going to take it easy is in March and see what mind and body need, and try a little self-acceptance and explore the many options out there and see what feels right for me. I'll keep checking in, and logging, probably!

I saw someone who was pretty lean and she said it took her 1 year to lose the last 10 pounds so I need to start thinking long-term and not 8-weeks.

Beeps, it sounds like some self-sabotage?! Maybe on some level you want to have an excuse if the photos/measures aren't what you were hoping for, or maybe you've been too restrictive for too long and rebelling?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, the metrics (other than weight....I'll just use Wednesday's weight) are IN!

My end-of-February results are as follows:

Scale weight - down 1.8 lbs. Yep, the fat loss is definitely slowing right down. I'm down 3.4 lbs since January 1st, which just isn't much. I guess it might take me all of 2013 to lose the final 8 lbs!! But, that's okay, I'll come out of 2013 better than I went into it - c'est la vie!

I lost 0.25" in my chest under breasts....I'm pretty ticked that I just spent $500 on new bras in January, and, frankly, they are too big! (I told the clerk I'd rather get something UBER-tight and wear an expander for awhile. She said "no". And, really, they are too big.) I'm 31.25" under breasts and, over nipple line, I'm a whopping 33". I HAVE NO BOOBS!

I am down 0.25" at natural waist. Still puts me about 1" away from a Venus Index waist. Boy, chiseling this to 26" is taking TIME.

I am down 1.5" at belly-button waist. But, nothing to crow at....for some reason, my January number was "inflated" and I knew that. Because, I'm at a 31" belly-button waist, and that was my measurement in November, 2012, too. So, really, this is "bloat" or "not bloat" - whatever it happens to be on the day I hit it. I really need to chisel this number down another 2 or 3", frankly.

At hip bones, I'm down 3/4". LIKE.

At hips over biggest bum, I'm down 1/4". LIKE.

My upper thigh (R) is biggest it's ever been! I hope this is just muscle repair or something. Or that my husband chooses a different "marker" everytime. Who knows. I'm not getting freaked out about it, anymore.

And, my mid-thigh is down 0.5" from last month. This measurement is more easy to track because I just hang my arm at my side and he measures at tip of my longest (middle) finger....so, this SHOULD be the same place of measurement, everytime. My smallest measurement at this location was in December, 2012.

I'm satisfied with my performance in February. Especially since I really started bingeing this whole week - which I will unaffectionately blame TOM for.....
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    kc - definitely see someone about the shoulder, I had shoulder impingement awhile back & I started seeing a chiropractor for adjustments and it went away. Of course shortly after that went away I started suffering from lower back pain and he was no help, so maybe a PT would be a good place to start

Beeps - that is awesome about the dress, those moments are way better than seeing the number on the scale move I think. I hope your pics come out ok even after your hungry day!

Amy - It does become progressively harder to lose the closer you get to the bottom of your weight range and it's also really hard to maintain and there are a lot of different options out there, hopefully you can find what works for you.

I have finally figured out a plan now that my DVD program ends tomorrow. I only work three days/week now, so on my off days I can go the gym at my husbands workplace and use the weights, so I will be doing that twice a week - I will most likely get my workout ideas from fitness magazines & websites, cardio twice a week - running if the weather is good or a DVD at home, yoga twice a week - one at home DVD & one live class. There is a woman who teaches a 75 min class at the library down the street from my house Sat mornings. My sister takes it and she says it's awesome. I also have two dance classes a week as well. That's my exercise plan, we'll see how it goes.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yes, I just am feeling that I have tried different things for almost 4 years and I keep getting fatter. It's not fair!
    :sad:

I went to pick up my flonase and the pharmacy offered a body fat test (the handheld one) and I couldn't talk myself out of it. It said 27%! I was 24% when I started my fitness journey (by calipers) and 19% once at a health fair 3 years ago (the handheld thing again).

So, I think I will get my BF tested again with calipers and then really make my goal about losing body fat. I really don't care about the weight.

Abi, your workout sounds good, that is quite a bit of exercise!

Beeps, you are still moving in the right direction, you should be proud of your progress and if it takes all of 2013 and 2014, then so be it.

Well, we are at another Friday! have a great weekend, everyone!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    KC- Definitely do not do any workouts that involve your shoulder until you get it checked out. I learned my lesson from all the damage I have done to my back. It is way better to be safe than sorry with that stuff.

Amy- I hate to put it bluntly, but its age. When I was in my early 20s I could just think about losing 10 lbs and it would fall right off. I notice it gets harder and harder the older I get.

Beeps- nice job on the measurements!

Abi- sounds like a good plan!

I had an ok week with eating, except for my ridiculous binge on Tuesday. But, I did log everything. I got in my TRX and spinning Monday. Did 3 miles on the treadmill both Tuesday and Thursday. I did skip my normal Yoga and Barre Ride classes Wednesday though, I got stuck at work late and had the worst headache ever, so I am just trying to listen to my body and not push it. I am going to get my new I phone after work and then going out for a friends bday to a Hibachi restaurant tonight, so I wont have time to workout. But, tomorrow I will go to spin and Pilates and get a walk in on Sunday morning. No big plans for tomorrow, I am thinking we will just stay in and I will make chili or something. Sunday I have a baby shower and we are going to my in-laws for dinner. I am thinking we will tell them I am pregnant that night bc my mother in law will notice if I am not drinking wine anyways.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am going to a baby shower Sunday too! For my cousin...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. It is causing me discomfort below my shoulder blade today, which seems to be a repeat of the lat few times. I will call a PT later today or Mon.I think I am done with youtube arm workouts. I like them because they are short but I think they are too fast for me. I didn't have this problem with P90X or Slow&Heavy.

Amy, do you have a saggy old lady butt??? As long as you don't have that, you should be happy. One of my biggest fear in life= saggy, old lady butt. :laugh:

Abigail- I use to love magazine workouts when I use to get magazines. It's a great way to always switch it up. Hmmm, I may do that again.

Beeps- You can be too hard on yourself, sometimes. You are doing an AMAZING job. PS-I need new bras too, but have decided to wait, just in case I actually lose with Leigh Peele- OPT Fat loss.

Chloe- You're doing awesome with your workouts. I think one binge a week is GREAT!

Monday is now my weigh in day but I stepped on the scale this am to see NO CHANGE. My macros have been off a little bit - but for the week it has been almost perfect. Whatever. I'm going to plan my whole week tomorrow and chop and cook on Sunday so I can try to be spot on next week.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey chicks. Sounds like everyone has great plans. I'm not really sure what my overall plan is. I guess to lose fat, and mostly off my tummy. I have vacation mid May and then we're going to Bonnaroo in June. (We really had no plans to go and then the lineup came out, so GiGi and Poppy will be watching our kid for 4-5 days....first time I'll be away from her overnight.....). I want to feel comfortable in my bikini. Right now my midsection is squishy. It varies from day to day. Some mornigs if I flex, I can see my abs and I wouldn't mind to look that way withou flexing...or at least close. At minimum, I'd love for my rolls to be gone.

I ate a little better last week. I didn't have a big binge day, but I was over on my calories more days than I'd like. I had too many social activities so ended up drinking more than anticipated. But I logged everyday and put it in my spreadsheet. I'm determined to be honest with myself and figure out what numbers I lose and gain at.

I also got most of my running done: 5 miles, 2 miles (that should have been 4 but my kid woke up), and 7.1 yesterday which I feel today! I also did some circuits and plank stuff one day. This week I'd like to clean up my eating a bit, keep drinking to a minimum and get my workouts in (3 runs, 1 "overall body day", and add in a walk sometime). I have the first leg of the Triple Crown races this Saturday: a 5k. My initial goal was under 28 minutes, but I just looked back and saw I ran one in 27:11 in 2008...holy crap. The last time I did this race I did it in 30:06, so we'll see how it turns out.

Have a great week ladies!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Better- Nice run!

I actually had a fabulous weekend. I felt like crap last week with the headaches and stuff. But, this weekend I really didn't even feel pregnant. I went out to a hibachi restaurant for a friends bday Friday, which was delicious! Saturday I went to spinning and Pilates. I decided to not do hot yoga anymore, just because my doctor said to avoid being over heated. I did end up telling my instructors at the gym I am pregnant and they said I am fine with everything I do for now, except for some yoga poses I should avoid. Then went for a long walk with the dog in the afternoon and was sleeping by 9:30 on Saturday night. I actually really think I needed some good sleep. Yesterday I walked 3 miles on the treadmill. Then I had a baby shower and we went to a friends house for dinner.

I have this week all planned out for meals and I have no junk food in the house to have any crazy binges this week. I avoided buying the Buffalo popcorn I couldn't stop eating last week.

I also ordered Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project. Its a set of 9 dvds, one for each month. I figured that would be could to supplement in with my other workouts.

So my goals for this week:

1) No mindless snacking
    2) Get in my 3 days at the gym (2 classes each day)
    3) walk on the treadmill 3 times this week (at least 3 miles)
  • amysj303
    Options
    Maybe I should start a group for squishy tummies! sounds like we have a lot of us in that boat...
    Ashley, that is great running times, you are fast! I think my 5ks are all like, 36 minutes! And have a great time at Bonnarroo. I went the first year, and I heard the lineup this year is great.
    Kelly, I think my butt looks pretty good:tongue: so I should focus on the positive. But it's harder to look at my butt than my belly:wink:

I am still goal-less. I have some training all week at a hotel on the other side of town so I will probably be eating out a lot and not working out at all.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I am way behind (and I have to get back to work) so I'm not even going to try to comment on everyone's posts, but I did read them!

I had an okay weekend. I went out to eat on Friday and Saturday and probably ate way too much, but I was pretty good the rest of the time. I think my body started craving healthy food after my indulgences, and I was super busy on Saturday so I didn't have much time to eat before dinner. I had a 5k on Saturday, and I also ran about 3-4 miles to get there, so I got in a decent workout that day even though I didn't do anything on Sunday. My weight is still holding steady, so I think that everything balanced in the end. This week I'm back to logging.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I had the most STRESSFUL weekend EVER! My car wouldn't start and I called my husband and his car was up on jacks with the tires off. My brother had to come get me. By the time my husband fixed his brakes and then fixed my alternater, it was 7pm. My husband was so sweet and went to the store for me. I told him to grab something quick for dinner. We ate macaroni and cheese with green chile. Saturday I was down over a pound. Today, it was like .7. Oh well. I didn't log or workout. Oh and I spent most of saturday in bed with the heating pad on my shoulder/back.

Ris- You ran to a 5k? Crazy girl.

Chloe- I am glad you had a nice weekend and didn't feel pregnant. I hope that feeling last. If does, I predict a boy. Everyone I know with boys had minimal morning sickness.

Amy- I would totally join your group. I have mommy tummy, big time. After my oldest (and my 60 pound weight gain) I got back to 113 but my tummy still looked bad. My belly button looks like a star. Enough said.

Ashley- Good job on your race and not binging.

Starting week 2 of LP. I obviously didn't meet my weekend macros but have decided to carry on and see what happens.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! Checking in!

It's been a hell of a two weeks. First we had a foot of snow, followed by another foot, and I lost power for 2 days, only to get sick with a intestinal virus for the last four days. But here I am, feeling much better, the snow is melting and my countdown to Spain/France is almost two weeks. Other silver lining is that I lost almost 6 lbs with my virus...I was weighing in (and feeling a bit) heavy pre-sick at 148.6 and now am down to 142.8. I've decided to capitalize on it and try to maintain that loss plus a bit more. My appetite is still a bit weak so I may be able to. Super ironically, if I HAD been sticking my cut like I planned for the last month I estimated I would be at 143.2 right now (HA!). Checking inches in just a few spots I am -1 in my waist, butt and pouch too!

So, I'll take it as a sign from the heavens I should get my butt in gear for spring and summer.

2 week goals (or until March 21 Europe trip 2k13 starts!)

1. Walk 3-5 miles each day with Finn (the puppy)
    2. Crossfit 10-13 times.
    3. Keeps cals relatively low.
    4. Except for the weekends, which will be mess between a college girlfriend's visit and St. Patrick's, no alcohol, minimal bread/pasta, minimal dairy.

KC - sorry about your car! I know that stress (I had a LONG series of unreliable cars until I bought a new one two years ago!). Good luck with week 2!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Kelly--sorry you had such a stressful weekend! And yep, I like to add on miles to my races, it gives them a little extra something :tongue:

Kate--wow, even with the 6 pound loss I don't envy you, that sounds like a rough couple of weeks! I hope you're feeling better now.

I wouldn't really mind a foot or two of snow if it gets me out of work (though I want to keep my power), and we might get it tomorrow with this huge storm that is coming across the country. We'll see.... It will almost definitely get in the way of my plans to run with a friend tomorrow morning, but if we do get the day off I'll be doing some biking inside.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey friends. Good to hear from everyone. I've been doing alright this week. Food and calories have been good, macros pretty good, but I haven't worked out since Sunday. I'm actually still hurting a bit from my run on Sunday. I almost feel like I'm getting a shin splint in my right shin, my left quad is still sore, and my right hip is bothering me. I may do 3 miles on the mill tonight, or maybe even just 2. I'm about halfway through my training, so it may do me some good to rest a bit. Not sure if I'll add any distance after my race Saturday. I'm sort of missing lifting..... I did peek at the scale this morning and it said 130! 2 pound gain. I doubt it. I've felt a little puffy the last two days; not sure why. Anyways, I'm going to keep avoiding the cupcakes and probably the M&Ms at work too, keep up with good eats and see what the scale has to say tomorrow morining. Have a great day!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ris - majorly impressed with the extra running

Kate - hope things start going better for you soon, good goals

Kc - I hear you on the car woes. I just put 4 new tires on, my windshield wipers are getting fixed this week and I have another repair that is on hold waiting for my tax refund & hubby's car needs some new belts - when it rains it pours

Better - good luck avoiding the sweets. I was babysitting for my sister's kids Monday while she was in the hospital having baby #4 and her oldest baked cookies, many of which I ate in a short period of time. I felt so gross afterwards.

It has been a crazy week so far & I need to get back to logging. I don't do well without that accountability. Have a great week everyone!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Scale was up a pound this week. I looked back over the last month and I am basically staying between 128 and 130, up and down and up and down. This is what is frustrating....in my mind I'm in the process of losing (or trying), but really I'm just maintaining. I'm going to get through the month logging diligently and see what's happening when I attempt to eat between 1300-1400 (which has really been more like 1400-1500). May look into the Leah Peal stuff. Doesn't someone have a pdf of it? I figure now is a good time to focus on diet since my workouts will be essentially the same for the next 7 weeks. I've also been toying with the idea of TDEE and not logging exercise calories. Anyone have good info on this?

Where's Beeps? Is she on vacay? She usually checks in at least every other day.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Ashely--take care of your body! I've dealt with shin splits, knee pain (which was caused by problems with my quads), and hip pain, and none are very fun. Warming up, cooling down, and stretching work miracles (as I remind myself everything I slack off on them and my problems come back). I don't do TDEE or Leah Peal so I'm not much help on the rest, sorry!

Abigail--I hear you on the logging. I tend to slack off on the weekends and I definitely make better choices when I'm logging everything.

I've been feeling kind of blah lately, not sure if it's the weather (which is now nice and sunny, but has been pretty crappy) or the fact that I've been running significantly less lately. I'm going to try to run after work today and see if it helps.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Still in palm springs....unfortunately!

Spent the entire day at the airport, yesterday....arrived at 9 am, flight at 11. One hour delayed. Finally push away from the gate about 12:20 pm. We speed up for take-off and, all of a sudden, aborted take-off!

Back to the gate. Wait on the plane. (This plane is BRAND NEW - has been operating only one month.)

Light showing "open door" won't go off in the ****-pit. They deplane us. Have us wait around 4 or 5 hours. Then, finally say, "flight cancelled."

:(

So, our rescheduled flight isn't until 3:00 pm today. Glad my nanny could stay. Won't be home until 8 tonight.

I'm going to find the gym at the hotel and hit the weights, today. Gawd..