JMBR start 9/30/13

Options

Replies

• lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Did Cardio 2 today. I liked it so much more than Cardio 1! Perhaps because the exercises are only 30 seconds?

I love cardio 2 and I'm really pleased how my condition improved with it. In first week I had to rest between each circuit of cardio 2. Now, at the end of phase 2, I do it without resting and feel great, even burpees:)
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So after 4 days off being sick and eating crap, I finally did workout 9 today. It was so hard! And not in an "I could feel the burn so badly" way but more of an "I was lying on the floor like a log because I couldn't do half the exercises" way.

I modified so so so much. Hopefully I can push myself a bit harder next time. I'm still not feeling 100% so maybe that's why I felt so useless! :P

How's everybody going?
  • ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just finished Workout 5 for the 3rd time. Does anyone else feel like this workout emphasizes triceps too much - with the pushbacks, the crab and those lying side tricep thingys? I actually switched one of the lying side thingys with some shoulder presses. I am at least getting better at everything, slowly ;)
  • ktno1
    Options
    Just finished Workout 5 for the 3rd time. Does anyone else feel like this workout emphasizes triceps too much - with the pushbacks, the crab and those lying side tricep thingys? I actually switched one of the lying side thingys with some shoulder presses. I am at least getting better at everything, slowly ;)

I agree it was a little too much triceps. I actually had to stop heaps on the crab things because my arms were giving out, whereas if it wasn't so much triceps all in a row, I probably would've been able to do it. Having said that, my triceps are noticeably stronger now. There are crab dips in workout 9 with weights in your lap and I found them ridiculously easy!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I found those dips too easy as well. I was kind of afraid she would be doing super sets throughout the rest of the program but that seems to be the only weeks. From my understanding, the point is to work those muscles to the point of failure and that is how you build muscle.
  • lidzia_w1
    Options
    So after 4 days off being sick and eating crap, I finally did workout 9 today. It was so hard! And not in an "I could feel the burn so badly" way but more of an "I was lying on the floor like a log because I couldn't do half the exercises" way.

I modified so so so much. Hopefully I can push myself a bit harder next time. I'm still not feeling 100% so maybe that's why I felt so useless! :P

How's everybody going?

Did workout 9 yesterday..oh my. I wanted to post here something about it but had seen double! After finishing, I was just lying on the floor dying:embarassed: I have a feeling I will have to add an extra week to practise...
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving--and didn't eat to much :)

I went to my orthopedic appointment last week and here's the verdict-- I have Chondromalacia patella (damage to the cartilage under the kneecap --both knees!) And I also have knee spurs in both knees! Ugh! They told me that I will need to start physical therapy (which I start next week) and they said this isn't something that will take months to fix, should only take weeks. I'm hoping the PT helps otherwise I might be looking at surgery!

With the holiday's coming up I figure I'm going to wait until after the new year to jump back into anything. I'm going to do Jillian again but only do the upper portions of the workout, and not focus on my lower (squats, lunges...anything that requires me to bend) I'm determined to do this workout program and finish it lol I have an eliptical at home and might try that :)

I really hope this helps! I've went out and tried several knee braces and none of them stay on my leg! I tried the ones from ACE and they have S/M L/XL and they are either to big or to small. No luck. I'm going to look around some more and see what other kinds are out there.

Happy Holiday's everyone!!!!! :):)
  • lidzia_w1
    Options
    Just finished workout 10. Wasn't bad as 9, but I have problem with balancing. Hope to get there gradually. ..?
  • ktno1
    Options

How's everybody going?

Did workout 9 yesterday..oh my. I wanted to post here something about it but had seen double! After finishing, I was just lying on the floor dying:embarassed: I have a feeling I will have to add an extra week to practise...

Glad I'm not the only one! I'll see how I feel after my 3rd or 4th tries. I can't bear the thought of doing it more than 4 times but workout 11 is probably even worse!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Hi all!! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving--and didn't eat to much :)

I went to my orthopedic appointment last week and here's the verdict-- I have Chondromalacia patella (damage to the cartilage under the kneecap --both knees!) And I also have knee spurs in both knees! Ugh! They told me that I will need to start physical therapy (which I start next week) and they said this isn't something that will take months to fix, should only take weeks. I'm hoping the PT helps otherwise I might be looking at surgery!

With the holiday's coming up I figure I'm going to wait until after the new year to jump back into anything. I'm going to do Jillian again but only do the upper portions of the workout, and not focus on my lower (squats, lunges...anything that requires me to bend) I'm determined to do this workout program and finish it lol I have an eliptical at home and might try that :)

I really hope this helps! I've went out and tried several knee braces and none of them stay on my leg! I tried the ones from ACE and they have S/M L/XL and they are either to big or to small. No luck. I'm going to look around some more and see what other kinds are out there.

Happy Holiday's everyone!!!!! :):)

Oh no, that all sounds very painful! I hope the PT is effective and you can avoid surgery. All the best with your recovery! We miss you :(
  • ktno1
    Options
    So after the warmup for workout 10 I already wanted to vomit. The first circuit was so cardio heavy that it only made me want to vomit more. I settled down after that. I quite liked the 3rd circuit and especially the 4th circuit. Not too bad overall. Way better than workout 9!
  • lidzia_w1
    Options
    So after the warmup for workout 10 I already wanted to vomit. The first circuit was so cardio heavy that it only made me want to vomit more. I settled down after that. I quite liked the 3rd circuit and especially the 4th circuit. Not too bad overall. Way better than workout 9!

Thought that too, but next day my bum and gluts are so sore it hurts to walk!
  • ktno1
    Options

Now I'm scared about waking up tomorrow haha!
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Okay, I'm not sure this is such a good idea for me to be on here, so far behind y'all and reading about how awful these workouts are :)

One more Workout 5 and 6 this week, and one more Cardio and then onto 7 and 8 - woohoo!

I am still planning on stopping after Phase 2 to get stronger using weights and then come back sometime next year :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    Okay, I'm not sure this is such a good idea for me to be on here, so far behind y'all and reading about how awful these workouts are :)

One more Workout 5 and 6 this week, and one more Cardio and then onto 7 and 8 - woohoo!

I am still planning on stopping after Phase 2 to get stronger using weights and then come back sometime next year :)

Haha don't worry we're just being sooks. It's not really THAT bad. Well done on getting this far. There is light at the end of the tunnel now :)
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Did my last Workout 6 and it kicked my butt....took 10 minutes to get off the floor. Funny, after yesterday's workout 5 (which I usually think of as worse) I felt great.

Cardio tomorrow and then a rest day (? - thinking about some yoga) and then on to Workout 7!
  • lidzia_w1
    Options

I'm really curious how are you doing today?:tongue:
  • ktno1
    Options

Two days later and my butt is still killing me! I'm trying to pinpoint which exercise was killing my butt and hamstrings so badly because I really didn't feel it when I was doing the workout but WOW am I in pain!
  • lidzia_w1
    Options

Two days later and my butt is still killing me! I'm trying to pinpoint which exercise was killing my butt and hamstrings so badly because I really didn't feel it when I was doing the workout but WOW am I in pain!

Shocking right? It felt so great after that workout! I'm doing it again now and I think it's reversed plank with leg lift..
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Okay what the HELL is workout 7? SERIOUSLY!

Circuit 1:
    I couldn't even do the crow push-ups on my knees so I was just doing knee push-ups the whole time. The walking planks were actually okay. The plank-ups meant knees again. The jack knife crunches were hard but manageable. I probably did half as many as they did. And then squat thrusters?! I failed hardcore trying to do those.

Circuit 2:
    This one was actually okay. I couldn't get the full ROM on the down dog push-ups but went down as far as I could and didn't stop. My only complaint with this circuit was the tricep kickbacks. I could not get the cable to behave. It was slipping out from under my feet and the angle was all wrong. I think I will just do this with weights from now on. I like how she uses the cable and it works really well for a lot of things but this isn't one of them.

Circuit 3:
    I like the use of the cable on the squats and tricep extensions. It worked well. The one-legged pushups I could actually do on my knees which was cool. And to my utter surprise I could hold boat pose pretty easily. It's WAY easier than hollow man for me! Star jumps were a total no-go. I did about ten all up and spent the rest of the time jogging on the spot.

Circuit 4:
    Quad exercise was easy. Chest press was easy. Chest flyes were easy. The side plank lift thing hurt my shoulders more than my abs because I kept slipping from all the sweat I was drenched in! Also could not possibly do the leg movement things during the chest exercises. My feet were planted firmly on the ground the entire time.

Overall let's just say there is LOTS of room for improvement

Okay, I gave up at the boat pose. Sigh. Just didn't feel like I was getting a good workout since I couldn't do so many of the exercises. I switched over after that to some weight lifting since I got a used set off of Craigslist. Trying to decide whether I am up for trying it again....