What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• danapowell12
    danapowell12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Currently reading the Lucy Kincaid series by Allison Brennan. I'm only on the first book, Love Me To Death
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I just finished One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury very very good book
    just startednThe Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb awesome book so far
  • LifeItself
    Options
    So I bought Doctor Sleep over the weekend (my only Black Friday purchase!) and I am ready to dig into it tonight.

BTW, have you all checked out the kindle book deals today on Amazon???? There are some really good ones!
  • themommie
    Options
    Thanks here I go to check out thekindle book deals on amazon.com.......happy reading
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The Noticer Returns by Andy Andrews. His books are great for self awareness. Easy reads. :smile:
  • themommie
    Options
    I am just starting Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I hope it is as good as everyone says it is
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    the coldest girl in coldtown.

too bad living in canada i dont get the great kindle deals as you do in america
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am just starting Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I hope it is as good as everyone says it is
    I was terribly disappointed by it. I couldn't connect with any of the characters. I didn't care what happened to it and I would bet every last dime I have that Flynn's favorite novel growing up was Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier because it's basically the same story with a few tweaks. And not done nearly as well.
  • carolinehowells
    carolinehowells Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Gone Girl.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Also, enjoyed Gone Girl.
  • Bubblecut
    Bubblecut Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just started reading Fall of Giants by Ken Follett... so far it's captivating... it's like you are walking along in life with the characters-- feeling what they're feeling, experiencing what they are experiencing. Love that.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Finished Allegiant, currently reading Tripwire
  • themommie
    Options
    Just finished The Glass Castle..incredible I love her outlook onlife. Currently reading Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult, she is one of my favorite authors this is a great read
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Unraveled - Gena Showalter

Lots of YA lately, dont judge me :blushing:
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    If you loved "The Book Thief", do yourself a favor and go see the movie. It's a wonderful adaptation of the book and the girl who plays Liesel lights up the screen. Take your Kleenex, the last scene is beautiful, but definitely brings on the tears.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Unraveled - Gena Showalter

Lots of YA lately, dont judge me :blushing:
    The publishing industry classifies books as YA based on the ages of the main characters. It has nothing whatsoever to do with quality. There are so many absolutely amazing YA books out there. No judging necessary. :-) I would, however, judge if you said you loved 50 Shades. I know I'm not supposed to and it's mean, but THOSE are terrible books. I'm sickened they were ever published! lol
    If you loved "The Book Thief", do yourself a favor and go see the movie. It's a wonderful adaptation of the book and the girl who plays Liesel lights up the screen. Take your Kleenex, the last scene is beautiful, but definitely brings on the tears.

I wanted to see that so badly, but I was super busy while it was in theaters and never made it. :-( I hope it hits the cheap theaters so I can see it there. Also, About Time, That came out smack in the middle of my having to deal with two deaths in my family, so I missed it.

I'm now reading The Fellowship of the Ring and The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic, which was a random pick. Good concept and it has its merits, but I am more and more getting the feeling I'm overall not going to like it.

Also, I'm reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to my fiance because he doesn't like reading for himself and I think there are just certain books everyone should read one way or another! But I've already read that one several times.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just finished Fitness Confidential, awesome. Now reading Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, Only about 25 pages in but loving it.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Alex Cross by James Patterson

Just picked up the Fast Diet by Dr. Michael Mosley and plan to start that tonight.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    doctor sleep steven king. and death by food pyramid
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Manson in his own words

Very good so far!